Confinement lady naps everyday

momami

My confinement lady takes a 2 hr nap every afternoon.

She does not need to wake up at night as my baby is co-sleeping with me and I'm fully breastfeeding. Her basic duties are just to cook the meals, do laundry and bathe baby. She goes to bed at 10pm and wakes up at 7am. Is it acceptable that she takes such a long nap everyday?

frankly, that's bad. My confinement lady then was taking care of twins at night as well and didn't even nap sometimes. at most it was about 30mins and she always asked me first. Yours really laid back.

I am also getting pissed off by her laziness....I didn't pay her to nap~ I just knocked on her door to ask her to dry the clothes cos leaving the wet clothes in the washing machine will cause a foul smell - she told me "no la, clothes which are just washed will not stink", and when i kept pushing her, she simply rejected me by saying that she has a headache. best lor........

Hi Momami

Pardon me for saying this... is it easily to be a confinement nanny as they have to wake up twice in the middle of the night to fed the baby.

Usually, they will take a nap abt 30mins in the afternoon when the baby is asleep. Thereafter, she will start to prepare the dinner.

I always believe that if you treat them you.. they will treat you good in return....

If you need someone to talk to feel free to PM me. Take Care.

hello VT...

my CL lives a much easier life than the other CLs cos she does not need to wake up in the middle of the night. My baby is co-sleeping with me and hb so that I can breastfeed her conveniently - I am the one who needs to wake up 2-3 times thru the night~~In the day, when baby cries, I am the one to pacify her...the CL's duties are really just to help out with the basic household chores only, which she does not promptly attend to.

I do understand if she needs to take a quick nap to recharge, but 2 hours everyday is a bit overboard I think...

Hi Momami

There's too much lor!!! Since you are co-sleeping with your bb.. you can ask her to leave lah!! Save your $$ also.

Pardon me for saying this.. if you hire a CN.. make sure you have ample rest. You may BF your BB in the day and in the nite use a milk bottle to feed your BB.

If you have a maid i rather ask your maid to take over..

My MIL is available currently as finishes her confinement 2weeks ago. Let me know if you want to change another CN... pls do not be mistaken, I am asking for biz..

Hi VT,

you are spot on, me and hb had asked that lazy CL to leave yday. really cannot stand her laziness anymore. and you know what, she actually dared to request for a full mth's payment when she's only worked for 2 wks, said that this was the norm and it's to make up for her loss. when we told her that we will only pay her pro-rate, she refused to budge. anyway things ended up in an ugly manner since she was so greedy and unreasonable, but she finally left after almost an hour of haggling and arguing. Me and hb are totally disgusted by this CL.

Later in the day, she called my hb and requested for 16 days' payment when she's only worked for 14 days. When my hb stood firm and rejected her, she turned mean and said in chinese "you eat people up like that, be careful not to choke to death". such an evil, greedy, lazy and unreasonable person she is.

My mom has taken over doing my confinement for now since we find it hard to trust outsiders anymore. No offence abt that, I'm not saying your MIL is the same kind of person as that disgusting CL. In fact, thanks for your recomendation [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi Momami

Dun be mistaken... after reading your post, infact you should pay her till the day she stop work. Threaten to report to police. You get her name and contact name to post in this forum.. so that other MTBs will aviod hiring her.

Wah...sounds similar to my experience. I jus completed my confinement but I fired the CL after 1 week. She is dirty, not hygienic, lazy n full of excuses!

Same as momami's CL, my CL also takes 2hr nap in the afternoon, watch tv, read papers etc... Morning she wakes up at almost 8am cos I take care of baby myself at nite since I'm breastfeeding. She will wake up to make me breakfast den bath the baby. In between she will prepare ingredient for lunch while I take care of bb. If she has time before lunch she will watch tv in the living room or sit in her room to listen radio n read papers. After lunch she will wash up den go n nap around 2pm, waking up at almost 4pm. Wake up Liao contiue to watch tv u til almost dinner time she cook dinner. After dinner wash up then continue to wAtch tv before she go sleep at 9 or 10pm. While I'm 24/7 attending to my baby, she only shower baby once. And all throughout her stay here, she never ever ask if I need help with the bb even when bb is crying loudly. why do I Wanna pay someone $2000 to sit around n watch tv. Even my mum also not so good life lo!

She says she got help to sweep n mop floor but I didn't see, probably I'm in the room but when I ask her why floor still so dirty, she say "it's like tat one" (-.-")

She is dirty cos everything she use, after washing still got food residue. Thepot, pan, ladle, spoon, fork. When i ask y wash still dirty she also say "its like tat one, sometimes cannot see". I even show her a spoon that is still dripping brownish water after she wash. Then she quickly grab it from me and wash again. The table cloth turn from white to grey she also never wash. And when I observe how she change baby after shower, she will wipe her wet hands on her pants den touch baby. The same pants she wipes her hands on while she was cooking n preparing raw food!

The last straw was when she gives me cold milk to feed my baby! I expressed breast milk to store in fridge cos I was having very sore nipple after breastfeeding for a few days. There was one evening when I ask her to help me heat up the milk cos I was carrying bb as she was crying badly. The CL after heating the milk n passed to me, the milk is still cold! And when I ask her does she usually feed infant w cold milk? She quickly find excuse and say "no la, I haven't finish heating up, I wanna heat up some more de". WTH?! She already handed e milk to me obviously she is done with heating n wants to me to feed Liao rite? So I told her off, and she kept quiet. I continue to heat the milk myself n feed my bb. The next morning she was asked to leave. I had a middle man who introduced this CL so I let it to the middle man to talk to her n ask her to leave. I only pay her till the day she work.

In the end I went back to my mum's place to complete my confinement... I rather not have a confinement lady than to have one that gives me prob n headache instead of helping me...

VT,

yes I will post abt this horrible CL to warn other mtbs once I have the time. It's prob going to be quite a long post...

Elaine Lee,

It seems that all the CLs like to use "it's like that one" as an excuse! that's the same reply I get from my CL whenever I request her to do something properly. My CL charges 2.2k for 28 days, and all she does is cook, wash the dishes, bathe baby and NAP. Sometimes when the floor gets really really dirty (there is a construction site just behind my block and the CL likes to open the windows inviting all the dust in), I will sweep my room and leave the broom in her room, then she will just anyhow sweep the house once through just to show that she's done her work. But the floor remains super dusty!

She also keeps all the pots and pans into the cabinets when the insides are still wet. When I told her that they should be wiped dry, she told me that she does wipe them, just that the cloth is already wet, so wiping them will not dry them completely. If I want them to be very dry, I should provide her with a new pc of cloth. The thing is, those pots and pans were dripping wet, it didn't seem like they had been wiped before at all!So it became my fault that the pots and pans end up wet inside the cabinets...

there are a lot more other bad encounters besides the above...I really feel that most CLs are just scam, claiming that they have more than 10/20 yrs experience.

Hello!

My previous CL was worst! She naps from 2pm - 5pm every day!! After a few days of doing that, i started to hint that she shouldn't be doing that then she started to complain that it's not easy doing back-to-back CL and that she's old. I was total breastfeeding for first 2 weeks via latching, then then last 1 week plus on bottled BM. So essentially she wakes up to carry baby to me then goes back to sleep but she sleeps more than i do!

Same as Elaine - my ex CL gave my baby cold BM that's not heated up properly! Basically to lessen her waking time, she would put the milk into 1 cup of hot water for a few mins, then start to feed bb w/o checking temperature.

Her name is Ji Jie and there are alot more cons about her but you can probably find in other threads.

Actually my CL do not do night duty she will only cook for me n change baby bathe baby i will let baby co-sleep with be more easy for breastfeeding but the whole day she been looking after my kid so i let her nap for like 1 hour or so sometimes lesser sometimes she never nap i also ask her go rest for what i can rest with baby in the room there is nothing for her to do she can watch tv nap whatever she can

I am more ok with her as long as she look after my baby well is ok for me.

Back