* Will my Baby forget me?

byteyou

Hi Guys,

My baby girl is currently 3 months old and due to work I have not seen her for about 4 weeks, the last time I saw her she just turn 2 months, will she forget who I am and feel that I am a stranger?

For the first 2 months, I was very attentive towards her, changing diapers, hoaxing her to sleep every day.

Hi daddy,

dun worry. babies are clever. They will not forget parents.just make sure that before you need to go for long trips, have a special action with your gal. (e.g. playing with her ears in an unique way that only you will do it, not those common ways when people see babies and touch them) When you come back from your trip, 1st thing to do is to stroke her with the same action, she should be able to give you some response. Then carry her and let her "smell" you.

Hope it works for you. Good luck.

Hi there! Thank you for the replies, I'm going to see my baby girl this sunday, I'm just so scare that she forget about and start crying!

Hi,

Don't feel disappointed if she don't respond positively. Keep trying and show her photos.

BTW, baby at around 3 months are usually very friendly.

Hi Jason, just saw ur post n it's so heartwarming... Maybe u can consider printing out or saving this post and show it to ur little princess 10 or even 20 yrs down e road. She will be delighted to know ur thoughts at this moment : )

i understand how you feel, jason.. i am gg to work for longer hours and gg overseas for business trip and i scare my bb boy will not recognise me too....

but no choice.. for better job prospect...

In future you may consider :

Ask yr partner let her smell yr clothes or blanket or let her sleep on yr bed for few hours everyday.

Print A3 size of you & partner's recent photo & paste it beside her cot. Ask your caregiver point to her to the photo & tell her everyday.

It works for mine when my hubby away for 2 mths .

hi all,

im new mummy here. My gal was born on Jul 11. she is now 6 months plus old. Im putting her at nanny there for whole week and only bring her back on weekend. Recently she keeps on crying and dun even take her nap on noon when she was home. I feel so sad why she dun like her home. is it bcoz she is lonely no fren? house too quiet? but when i bring her to my mum's place, she is ok. maybe my mum place got alots of ppl and also kids. Im so worried if i temp stay at my mum's place and did not bring her home, will this make her dun wan to go home in future?

Anyone can help on this?

Hi Esther,

Before you plan to bring her back home in the future , try to fade-in slowly. Like 1 week once first and slowly bring her back home more frequent. It will help a lot. That's what my auntie told me.

I will be facing the same situation as you in the future as I left my lovely girl at my home town, only few month can meet her once. But I try to talk to her through video call everyday. Hope it might help a little. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]**SOB**

Hi Daddy,

don't worry, babies are clever. When she grows older, she will know you are the daddy. You works so hard is because of her too.

Long distance relationship with kids are so hard.

Do you think that the baby will get to know you if you skype call your relatives and speak to the baby as well?

Hi Mari,

It's worked on me, I talked to her everyday through Skype video call. My mom also call me as and when I'm online. Need a lot of discipline to do but my daughter remember me and my husband, who are we.

When go back home, she always staring at me awhile to because she need some time to think "why the person inside computer can come out?!?!" Very cute & funny action. But very quick, she will stick with you (of course can't compare with the one who always stay with her)

I'm do this all along 1 years passed and always go back two month once. My 15 months old daughter can play with me while we chat ie. pass me some food or peek a boo etc. When u ask where is your mother / father? She can point where are we.

The person who take care of baby also play a big role, my mum just learn how use Skype, video cam and Internet during I'm pregnant. For whatsApp n line from just last 2 months. And she quite good in it now, always update photo n take video on her activities and send to us. So u can know on her daily activities n movement. She also keep reminding my daughter about me too.

Hope it help

Joy

Back