Mummies staying at Fernvale

Hi mylvera,

yes.. i stayed throughout the whole half day on the 1st day! he refused to let me go.. and subsequently for the next 3 weeks.. i had to go into the sch wif him... and i'll sneak away while he's having breakfast. it has been 2.5 mths liao and only recently that he can say bye bye to me at the door... even sometimes.. he will cry. :p but within 1 min stop liao.. coz i can hear. fr outside. hee.

oh.. so ur boys will be in full day.. i think only 1 -2 kids r in full day at honeytree.. so ur boys will get gd attention with such a small ratio.
happy.gif

Good Morning Mummies !

Hi Crayonmum, I'm back. Shopping over there never ends. But 1 thing, u r nt allow to try on the clothes they r mostly free size so abit difficult to agar agar! Lots of food too!
The shops there only open at abt 12pm. So me n my SIL will watch TV in the hotel till the shops r open. Children n Men's clothing nt much but women's clothes, bags, shoes etc nvr finish.
happy.gif

vivienne!!

wow.. sounds like fun!! it's a women's shopping heaven man!! okie... i will plan for taipei next yr! hahaha...

did u try hotspring?
happy.gif

Crayonmum,

Hotspring not 4 me, it's too hot! I wonder how they can tahan in there..hehe!
happy.gif

Yah, u shld go if u like shopping, eat, shopping, eat........ Keke!
smile.gif
Who dun like wahaha!
kao_laugh.gif

vivienne,
My hubby dun like shopping lor! :p sian.. So i tink taipei is 4 gals! Haha.

I regretted nt trying hotspring when i was in japan last time.. Gt to go totally naked and i paiseh lah.. Smemore it was wif tourgrp! Can wear swimming costume 4 taiwan hotsprings rite? Ü

Crayonmum, u r right it's more 4 ladies.

The hotspring that we went hv rooms (at least 2 pax) or public pool u can choose. Also got to go in naked.
happy.gif

Good afternoon ladies... I cum in only and saw the word Naked!!! Wahahahaha.. Yum yum..............

Viv- hw was saw trip? Saw ur troop n u i tink yest or sat at traffic lite gng koufu..Hehehehe..Seems like u njoyed ur break.. Err, wanna help bbsit mine so i can take a break? Wahahahahaah...

Enne- Hws Big L? Start sch? U stop wkg liao?

Thanks Vivienne, do you go to any particular hairstylist in Supercuts CP?

Vivenne, Crayonmum,
You mean you need to be naked to go into hot springs, can't you wrap a towel and go in? Very paiseh leh. I don't hv the chance to go overseas yet, I thought if I hv the chance to go to japan, can try out ht e hot springs cos it's good for health.

There's a lot of nice food in taiwan, right. That's what I heard from my brother, he said the food is cheap and nice.

Pingping,

yah... gotto go naked.. u can bring a small towel.. like a hand towel kind ... so while u walk into the water.. u can either choose to cover the "top" or "bottom" i guess.. hahahaha... I've heard of private hotsrping rooms.. but much more ex than the public kind.

my hubby tried the hotspring while we were holidaying in japan.. and one of our tourgrp guys were in the water too.. so it's like after seeing the person naked.. u still have to spend the rest of the tour wif the guy.. super paiseh to me leh. But hubby said he's ok wif it.. i guess coz guys went thru NS where everyone bathed without doors so they r used to it. hehehe...

Fi - Seen a doc ?
NAKED makes u appear, hahaha..... so which word will make Irin appear ?
biggrin.gif

It must b Sat that u saw me, i went marketing. I enjoyed my trip, once a while a break for us SAHM is good.
BBsit twins, then i will hv 5 kids on hand. Help !!!!!!
kao_laugh.gif

PingPing - It's Angeline.

Last time in Japan, me n my SIL stay in a hotspring hotel. My SIL went to the hotspring in her bathrobe then took off her bathrobe when she went into the water. She said aft that she had a v good sleep.
happy.gif

Yes Taiwan gots lots of good food. Tried their yuan yang steamboat, wow the ma la one super spicy. Dunno how that can tahan but my SIL can take it.
happy.gif

Evening all!!!

crayonmum- as u can c frm today im much better.. bt suffering nw.. whole day my food was our bf.. and my xs coke, n loads of water.. nw my tummy swimming by itself!! Wahahahaha..

Vivienne- WAHAHAHAHA.. I love NAKED!! hehehehe.. n walk ard the hse!! wahahahaha... Irin ah.. muz put out apb by police liao.. she mia.. muz dig thru lost and found!!

Pingping- u can also try kitty at supercuts.. shes nt bad too!!

Fi, Crayonmum,

What happen to u all? Aching all over !!
happy.gif

PingPing,

The other time i went, i was having abv shoulder length hair.
happy.gif

Vivienne,

We kenna tortured by our aqua instructor lor.. :p

irin,

u appeared!!
happy.gif

mylvera,

how was ur boys' 1st day at HOneytree?
happy.gif

Ian was running a fever and so he went hme early yest.. still having fever today.. so he will prob go sch only on tues.

Hi Irin,

glad to hear fr u, so what r u busy with?

Crayonmum,

tortured....hahaha !
kao_laugh.gif

My cardio class had ended. Nw looking for another interesting class to join.
happy.gif

crayonmum,

they love it there. yday n today wake them up at 615am oso no prob! now only have to get used to them saying bye to their father when their grandpa picked them up. we noticed the difference in the boy's behaviour after they attended honeytree.

How's Ian now? better i hope?

mylvera,

that's great news that ur boys love it there! i think it's becoz the teachers are genuinely nice to the kids.
happy.gif

ian is still having fever..
sad.gif
everyday he will wake up and says he wanna go Honeytree.. and when i said he can't go.. he will cry.. hahaha..

Evening all.......

pingping- i have above the shoulder hair all the while so i tink she shud be ok for short hair..

Vivienne- cum cum cum join us go for aquatorture... hehehehe.. The instructor will make u super fit!! Wahahahahaha..

Caryn- hws Ian???

Fi, Vivienne,

since 5am this morn.. no fever.. hopefully it stays that way. have been sticking remedol and voren up his arse.. coz he simply refuses to take them orally. :p

i think it's flu.. coz nose is running.. but clear discharge so far.

yah vivienne, join us lah.. it's every tues 9.30am to 10.30am.
happy.gif
Fi and I r continuing when this current 'term' ends.

Vivienne,

ian is having lotsa phlegm now.. will choke on it and cough when sleeping. :p think he will prob only go bk to sch on thurs. sianz.. me stuck at home.. haha.

seriously, aquaaerobics is prob less strenuous than "land aerobics" coz in water.. somehow we dun perspire as much.. more cooling.
happy.gif

crayonmum,

u intend to put Ian on full day next yr? had a bad experience yday. the teachers there was not attentive to my #2 and he had a bad fall with a big blue black near his eyes. cannot imagine if his eyes injured. also heard from my #1 that yday after his shower, the food was gone. ie, he did not get to eat his LUNCH?? when he was back, he refused to take out his diapers n guess wat?? the diapers was worn wrongly. i told my dad to complain to the teacher this morning and i am going to complain n demand an answer from Janice for the above incidents too! how can a childcare deprive a child from LUNCH?

mylvera,

oh dear!! that is horrible! u shd complain to Janice. nope.. i dun intend to put ian on fullday.

I understand that lunch is at 10.30am (which is kinda early) and the fullday kids will bathe at 12.30pm followed by milk and nap. Is there some misunderstanding? Did u get a copy of the timetable fr Janice?
happy.gif

Oh... Janice informed me that one of the N1 gals has HFMD and was diagnosed on Sat. Was intending to send ian back to sch tmr.. but as a precaution i will send next week. :p

Abt diapers... yes.. i have exp b4.. coz ian is wearing mamy poko value... and the blue line is supposed to be in front.. but sometimes it's worn the other way round. But when he was on Nepia.. the teacher asst knew how to wear it.. so i think gotto explain to the teacher asst how to wear the brand that u r using. I haven't fedback abt that though.

crayonmum,

we got the timetable. will go back n read it thro again. but i understand fr mdm koh there tat 1030am is tea break not lunch. we also suspect that milk was given to #1 after he shower n we did asked if he was given milk. but he say no milk too.

both the boys are wearing mamy poko. #2's diapers was worn correctly but not #1's. inconsistent n more like bor chap way of handling kids. my hb was joking with me, saying that the teacher asst could have said this to the employer "in my home country, the kids wear shorts with a hole. no diapers mah. so how i know how to wear diapers?" i told him if anyone dare to tell me this i will reply "go back to your home country!"

mylvera,

yah.. it's kinda confusing for kids on fullday. Coz I hve a copy of the N2 timetable (which Janice gve me in Feb this yr coz) and there's a differentiation between halfday and fullday kids. 10.30am is lunch for halfday kids and bath time for fullday kids. Fullday kids will have their lunch at 12.30pm. U can ask ur dad to chk the timetable pasted at the notice board outside and clarify wif the sch?
happy.gif

U r referring to Mdm Jiang ah? Actually she's very nice leh.. think she has been in s'pore for many yrs liao has 2 kids here.
happy.gif
But no harm to let her know that the diapers were worn wrongly.

I will go early sometimes to peep at Ian and I realise that Mdm Jiang will asst Teacher Sha for English lessons and Mdm Koh will assist Teacher Liang (the chinese teacher) for chinese lesson so sometimes the diapers cld be changed by Mdm Koh. But this is for halfday lah.. I'm not sure who r the teachers/teacher assts for fullday kids.
happy.gif

Good morning mummies.

Yesterday, went with my son for his sch outing as a volunteer. Imagine 30 children in a bus, the noise they make almost went deaf. Haha!
happy.gif
But it was fun, n at the same time can c how my son behave in class. hehe!!
smile.gif

Crayonmum - By now i read ur posting, i guess Ian is bk to sch n u r free. Hehe!
happy.gif

Hi Vivienne!

Wow.. sounds fun.. where was the outing to??
happy.gif

No leh.. ian din attend sch the whole of this week.. next week then i will have my freedom back! heheheh...

Crayonmum,

it's to Science Center. They learn how to make strawberry jam n seeds dispersal. Now then i know how easy it is to make jam. Hehe...mummy also learn at the same time.
kao_wink.gif

Hi crayonmum!
Just found out got Fernvale thread. Can I join?

I just moved in in April 09. Got 2 lovely boys, 5yo and 7mo.

Wana share w all of you...maybe you all already know.

There is this Mycofarm (used to call Everbloom) at 9 Seletar West Farmway 5, very near our place. Their website: www.mycofarm.com.sg. I went there yesterday.

I bought some Mushroom made (Lo Mai Gai) @ $1.50 each, and Mushroom filled "Pao". All vegetarian. Very Nice. Can got and visit and buy the mushrooms also. They also supply mushrooms to NTUC.

Crayonmum - here's the recipe.

370g strawberry (mashed)
1 1/4 cup sugar
1 whole lemon juice

Mix all together n cook for abt 10 - 15mins.
happy.gif

Use high fire, once boiling turn to low fire n keep on stiring. That's it, put in the fridge. Can keep for 1 month said the instructor.

Hi daish!

oh.. i din tell u got FV thread ah? paiseh.. :p yah.. come in here and chat and promote ur BP! heheh..
happy.gif
I still have lotsa the sugarbubble dishwashing detergent...i actually dun need to use as much as b4.

i din know everbloom changed name.. there's a animal resort there where there some goats, horse, etc for kids to see FOC.. if u dun already know
happy.gif

Vivienne,

dat's easy! i will try soon.
happy.gif

Yes Crayonmum,

it's that easy. Enjoy ur homemade jam !
happy.gif
If u prefer sweeter jam, u can adjust the sugar input according to ur taste. For me, i put 1 1/2 cup sugar. Hehe !
biggrin.gif

Hi mummies,

Does anyone put their child in Moriah CC K1 class? Any comments ? Do you let yr child attend phonics class? Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

Hi

Was trying to look for this thread...kind of lost it...until PingPing post then it appear in my email...

My 5yo boy studying in Samrtie Cottage now. Any comments from long timer Fernvale mummies?

Crayonmum, so its good news that you save money by using Sugar Bubble.

Will go visit the Animal Resort one day cos not aware until you mentioned.
happy.gif

Hi Daish,

hmm.. I've heard that Moriah schoolhouse at blk 409a is better than Smartie Cottage.. My neighbour's kid was in Smartie for N1 and then changed to Moriah and he thinks it's better. Vivienne's 2 kids were fr Moriah.. u can ask her.
happy.gif

This is the webbie for Animal Resort: http://www.rictedkennels.com/

Really...aiya did not racky around there at first. Sigh my son has been changing 3 school within this 2 years...and this change is not healthy for him lor...guess have to make do with that place for moment. But will try my baby in Moriah next time.

Vivienne...in wat way is Moriah good har?

Wat about 18mth play group? Which is better? Please advice.

<font face="Comic Sans MS,Tahoma">my 2 kids with moriah..1 in K1 1 in toddler..

K1 only 4 kids..attention wise i need nt spell more :p my boy attended phonics n speech&amp;drama class for many terms. no complaints on my end.

than again..different people hv diff standards..the same goes to cc selection. what is gd for my kids may not be for urs..i can only say..try it! :p

Kong's 2 kids w moriah too..1 in nursery 1 in infant..

Vivienne's 2 kids with moriah? hv we met before?</font>

Hi chrisy,

Thanks for sharing. I am trying to contact the person in charge to see the CC. I am thinking of switching to Moriah K1,as my gal is not learning much in PCF nursery. I didn't hv much confidence in the teacher from the start, and it turned out that I was right. PCF is much cheaper than Moriah, but if Moriah teaches well, I'll prefer to put my gal there. I find PCF not organized, as they are new and the teachers are the bo chap type. Till now, they are still hiring teachers, and there is no principle to set up the school.

My gal is slow in speech, and I don't see much improvement after she attended PCF nursery. That's why I am starting to worry, and if I don't do something abt it, she is going to hv a hard time in Primary one.

Back