Mummies staying at Fernvale

Emmie,

yes.. registration for most pre-schs and childcare centres starts in May/June. How old is ur boy?

In Fernvale, there is PCF at Blk 430+ but they only admit 4yo and above, moriah sch house at blk 409+ (which is a chilcare centre but as u know all childcare centres provides pre-sch education), smartie cottage at blk 404+ (this childcare is not recommended based on reviews), appletree playgroup at the RC under blk 412+ (which admits 3yo based on ur of birth), kindertots at Fernvale Point (which admits only 18m to 3yo) and Chatsworth Kindy (but I heard that they r moving out of Jln Kayu end of this yr.. dunno how true though).

Registration for Appletree starts in June or u can register online at www.appletree.com.sg.
My boy attended this appletree for 2 weeks and i pulled him out.. reason mainly becoz the teacher was inexperienced and i feel that she could not handle the class well. But fr wat i hear fr other mummies, appletree changes teacher quite often.. so i'm sure if it will still be the same teacher next yr. It's Teacher Aida when my boy attended.

my boy is attending Kindertots (http://www.kindertots.blogspot.com/)currently.. and he's very happy there coz the class is quite unstructured which suits him.. but like Carmen earlier pointed out in previous posts.. hygiene standard at Kindertots is not ideal. My boy is joining Cannan Kindergarten (http://canaankinder.blogspot.com/) fr Jul 1st... used to be a kindergarten.. but changing to a childcare centre fr Jul 1st onwards.

Along Yio Chu Kang Rd and within Seletar Estate, there are quite a no. of preschs and childcare centres.

U can do a search of all the childcare centres in our area at: http://www.childcarelink.gov.sg/ccls/home/CCLSHome.jsp

For kindergartens, u can download the excel file on MOE website which lists down all the kindys according to district codes: http://www.moe.edu.sg/education/preschool/find-a-kindergarten/

hope this helps.
happy.gif

Fi,

maybe there will be vacancy for halfday at Kinderland next yr..heehee.. who knows rite? if really dun hve and canaan is gd.. come and join ian!
happy.gif

thanks crayonmum for your detailed response!
happy.gif

my boy is turning 4 in Aug. So will start K1 next Jan. How old is your boy?

Is Canaan Kinder the one just before the entrance to CTE on YCK road? Any sch bus? I can't access blogspots from here unfortunately.

Will study the links you provided. Arigato!

No prob Emmie!
happy.gif

Yes.. Canaan in the one just b4 the CTE entrance. There's a sch bus that services Fernvale. Mthly fees ranges fr $80 - $90.. depending in which part of Fernvale according to the auntie who answered my call. Fernvale Lane (where i'm staying) is $80.

Hi Fi, you went to the Crocs sales...wah the Q must be long...my co told me friday at 10.30am, the Q is already from hall4 to 6...
Ya this round no clothes...i saw some which my co bought from last sale...actually ask another co of mine who is going to buy for me...
so u got alot shoes back?

oh ya...anyone know whether there is Art lesson for kids in near sengkang?

kong,

chk out the RC at Blk 412 or anchorvale CC.. may have art classes for kids..
happy.gif

ur bb ok liao?

my boy also down with flu and fever yest.. sigh..

My boy also down with fever and flu.. sigh.. didn't sleep well for the last 2 days. My boy could not breath, nose was blocked at night.. keep crying & crying.... he missed class last Fri, and I don't think he can attend class for the next few days.... sigh...

Afternoon mummies!! Oh no sad to hear all kids dwn.. Hope they get well soon.. Virus in the air.. Dan n Yaz juz recovered too!! After 2 weeks and the use of nebulizer... Take care ladies...

On a nicer note, i brought Dan for a haircut aft class at united sq yest.. For the first time he didnt cry!! (without any role model)Wahahahaha.. I was ovr the moon!! He was shaking like mad though... The guy thr was very very nice and patient wif Dan!! Heheheh..

ian recovered liao.. his nose dripped non-stop on sat.. and had fever.. gve him med and on sunday..he's ok liao.. hee..

fi, dat's why u can bump into me today at compass pt.. coz ian was in sch..
happy.gif

fi, irin vivienne, hottiemama ( i know u r reading.. hee),

oh.. bumped into Vivienne after i fetched ian... she said she may not be able to meet up on the 1st of june coz it's sch hols.. and she will have to bring 3 boys and 1 maid along if she were to meet us.. hee.. how abt bringing fwd to meeting up this week when her 2 older kids r still in sch?
happy.gif
i'm ok wif any day.

My boy refuses to eat for the past 3 days. I tried giving him soup, porridge, cereal, etc, but none of it works. He only wants to eat biscuit and bread. What should I do?

Tigress- is it due to the fact tht he is unwell? If so, its ok, mayb his throat doesnt feel so gd.. Is he still drinking milk? If yes its fine.. U may wanna try fruits or yoghurt.. If he is really nt eating and still unwell, bring him to a dr.. hth..

Mummies- c u guys this thur!!

Tigress,

my boy was like that once.. and he was down wif flu and fever too, coupled with teething... brought him to doc the second time and realised that he had sore throat... so doc gve med to reduce swelling of the throat.. . Got to give him lotsa fluids too.. u can try flavoured milk, smoothies, yogurt drink or fruit juices... Has he seen a doc regarding his flu?

Fi/Crayonmum,

My boy had fever again last night. He has lots of phlegm and couldn't breath at night. He woke up at 2am and cry till almost 4am. But he is back to normal in the day time, the fever comes only at night. I brought him to the doctor on Sunday, doc didn't say he has sore throat. I will bring him to a different doctor later today. Is it alright to give him Yougurt? I'm just afraid that he will have more phelgm after eating them.

Crayonmum, tks! Jowen is in the blog now. He's seems to enjoy the classes. He hasn't been to school since last Fri, hopefully he gets well soon.

Enne, maybe we have bumped into each other before, just that we don't know how each of us looked like. I'm a FTWM, so I hardly have a chance to meetup with the mummies here.

Tigress- Thats viral fever sista.. It comes at nite.. very common. If its more than 3 days of fever u may wanna consider bringing him to pd again.. And describe the symptoms he is facing..For me, my kids when they are sick and refuse to eat only cold fruits or yoghurt will soothe them.. Im a weird one, will juz give them as long as they eat something.. Hahahaha.. Poor him, muz be suffering.. Hugs...

Crayonmum- see gt many silent readers..kekeke..muz fish them out...

Enne-take mc.

Tigress,

oh... if got phlegm, i wun feed ian yogurt then... coz will prob cause my phlegm... have u tried feeding ur boy Pediasure or Dumex Complete? these formula milk is meant for kids who dun eat much solids... but yet the milk provides all the nec nutrients needed.

when ian has no appetite.. i will add 2 slices of this chinese herb called "huai2 shan1" into his porridge when cooking.. it's meant to increase appetite... white colour in slices.. it's actually wild chinese yam... can get fr Eu Yan San at Compass Pt.. it looks like this: http://alternativehealing.org/huai_shan.htm

i think Pingping may be able to advise more.. she seems more well versed in TCM.
happy.gif

Hi Tigress,

I would advise you to bring yr child to chinese sinseh. My son also down with fever again, cos I didn't give him enough water, he got over heated and the fan was blowing directly at him yesterday when he had his nap in the afternoon. The bad weather also plays a part. I think yr son has cold cough, as it gets worse in the night. My son also has phlegm, got better after taking chinese medicine. I bring my kids to Yu Guo, you can see the link http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/353635/442340.html?1241107508 the address is posted on Thursday, November 20, 2008 - 5:58 pm: The clinic is closed on Wednesday.

You need to give yr son food that is easily digestible. Undigested food will produce phlegm in the body. Cold foods, drinks or fruits will make his condition worse and are also weakening. Even when he has recovered, it's better not give him his cold foods or drinks. Sweets, or other junk food are best avoided. Chinese medicine will also help to improve his appetite. For the time being give him small amts of soup or porridge, give him 4 to 5 small meals a day since he don't hv appetite as he is not feeling well. Remember to give him warm food or water at all times as it's very comforting to his stomach. Take care, when kids hv fever. parents will be worried and tired at the same time.

Tigress,

Saw yr previous post, don't give yr son biscuits and bread, as it'll cause him to be more heaty and hv more phlegm. If he still don't want to eat his porridge. negotiate with him that he has to finish his porridge first before giving him a tiny pc of bread. I feel he just want to eat his favourite food, you will hv to be firm with him and don't let him hv his way. Biscuit and bread when taken excessively, will produce phlegm in the body. Limit to once or twice a week, but i think you need to cut down the quantity gradually. It's like weaning him off bread and biscuit.

afternoon mums- lets all hope tht kids who are unwell will get better soon..

Pingping-if u are able to join us, do cum dwn to fenvale pt tmr morning 4 bf... a few of us are mitting up..

Ping Ping,

Thanks for your advise! My boy is better now, if not may have to try your method. But he is still refusing a lot of food, not sure why. Could it be teething? But he still drinks a lot of water and milk, so I guess it's still not too bad.

Anyone knows how to tackle "Night Terror", i.e. children waking up in the middle of the night crying and screaming? Old people would say children tend to do that when he play too much during the day, is that true?

Tigress,

sometimes, ian also "wakes up" crying and screaming.. he doesn't really wake up.. it's like he's still in sleep mode.. but he will just scream and cry... after screaming finish... he will just go bk to sleep.. usually i will just hug him and say comforting words to him. yes.. over-stimulation in the day, esp near to bedtime tends to cause ian to have night terrors..

saw jowen on thurs..
happy.gif

Jowen will slap my face, kick and scream, the more I hug him, the more he will struggle. I'm so tired for the last 2 weeks.

Crayonmum, u saw Jowen? He slim down so much, no longer chubby
sad.gif

PingPing, thanks for the link. Will try out the methods there if he wake up again tonight.

Hi Fernvale mummies, do u know of any good baby sitters in our area? Im looking for one urgently to look after my boy sometime around Nov 2009. Thanks! =)

hi all mummies,

I hv a $3 disc voucher (exp end Jun'09) for
Mamil Gold Step 4..
Any1 keen, pls let me noe...

cheers
happy.gif

Morning Mummies
Just want to check anyone want past few weeks iweekly? Reply me ASAP coz i going to clear it away. Can collect today..

Hi mummies,

I also hv the $3 off any purchase of Mamil Gold Step 4 (900g) voucher expire in 30 june 09. If you are keen, let me know.

thks for the alert, Chrisy!

u know.. my hubby's cheapo $2 slippers were stolen abt 1 mth ago fr our doorstep.. the thief is quite funny... he din steal my hubby's track shoes which was also outside at that time but the slippers. :p

stolen between 10.30am to 1pm.. in broad daylight.

Crayonmum - So lucky! My husband Nike shoes was stolen 2 or 3 years ago, then my neighbour mountain bike was stolen too, recently my new Nike shoes was also stolen. OMG, y so many thieves????
sad.gif

Vivienne,

wah lao.. i think u shdn't leave any shoes/stuff outside ur door anymore! But my neighbours put their whole shoe rack outside leh and never kenna stolen b4... sigh.. i think we r just very suay or our shoes/slippers are very attractive! hee...

Hi Crayonmum, long time nv log in liao...my bb after recover for abt two weeks then sick again...had been on medicine for almost two weeks but still got phelgm...this thurs going back to PD to see if gets better and whether can take his jabs, if not got to postphone again, haiz...

so fast sia...june holiday going to end...

Hi Evie, Moriah Schoolhouse got emergency care for infants up to 18mths if im not wrong SGD 60 per day. You may check it with them.if not, i can check for you cos my two kids are there, haha...btw, how old is your baby?

Hi kong,

I would like to share info on sambucus and vaccination with you. Pls refer to this thread:
http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/36738/1524014.html?1245542628

The sambucus info is posted on on Sunday, May 31, 2009 - 8:46 pm: and on Friday, June 19, 2009 - 12:07 pm:

I combined treatment of sambucus and chinese medicine for my son's fever and cough, and he recovered quickly with no relapse. TCM solves the root of the problem, while western medicine solves the symptoms. Btw, if you want to vaccinate yr child, pls wait till he is fully recovered and 2 weeks after he has recovered. Hope this helps.

hi kong,

oh dear ... hope ur bb recovers soon! dun worry abt postponing jabs.. most of the vaccinations can be delayed one.
happy.gif

pingping is right.. sambucus is elderberry extract and is clinically proven to boost immunity.. bot for ian.. but he simply refuses to take it.. so i take it... even though i bot the kids one.. if ur bb is not fussy.. u shd try.
happy.gif

hi Ping Ping, oh dear just saw your msg...i did check w PD whether i shd wait till bb recover fully, she say no need, so i just take.

My boy still having phelgm, cough on and off, and his nose got the sound. infant care teacher say only noon time the nose will sound w phelgm. PD say might be sensitive nose cos his nose got sumting inside. so give me a nose drop for sensitive nose.PD also mention i can give flu medicine sometimes if his nose blocked badly
sad.gif

ya if still persist i will bring him to see chinese physician liao...dun want to give him medicine for long term.

Hi Ping Ping, saw the discussion...wah im stress now leh...i let bb take 6 in 1 and prenomoccal jab together. really hope he will be fine...

Hi kong,

If you hv given yr bb vaccination and he is ok, don't worry abt it since you hv already vaccinated him. I would advise you to delay the other vaccinations till he is older and stronger. It's very stressful for a young child's immune system to take so many vaccinations in a short span of time. I feel yr PD should hv let yr bb recover fully before taking vaccinations, as he is still hving cough. I feel angry why yr PD allow yr bb to be vaccinated when he is sick, cos at this time his immune system is under stress and should not given more stress by vaccinating him.

Pls read this link, posting by Coolava, her 7 mth old son was vaccinated with Hep B jab and first pneumococal jab together when he was 6 months old, and he keep falling sick after that:
http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/5/2274325.html?1245811313

Pls read the other posting in the vaccination injuries thread. I wrote a lot to share with others, pls educate yrself abt vaccinations and make yr own decision for yr child by understanding how vaccination work. Most doctors are pro vaccinations, and the monetary returns is one factor. They keep stock of vaccinations, and it's natural that they want to clear their "stock". The vaccination schedule is very tight and stressful for children's immature immune system to handle.

I suggest to bring yr bb to see chinese physician asap, as he has been sick for so long. You mentioned he just recovered, and fell sick again, it means his immune system is weak. TCM will help in clearing phlegm and sensitive nose. However, you hv to be patient as TCM will take a longer time but you will see results. Western medications are very weakening to the body if taken for a long time.

Back