Mummies staying at Fernvale

Adirudh - is he the little indian boy?

Adial ask me to get pull up pants leh... easier to wear in case my boy poo poo in his diaper.

Tigress,

i think the indian boy u r referring to is Neev...
happy.gif
he's in the earlier session.

oic... Adil nvr tell me the last time.. but the one in my boy's bag is a pull-up pants... but so far he hasn't pooed in sch... hee..

Kong,

You are so lucky that yr eczema recover by itself. I had eczema after I gave birth to my elder gal, it took 6mths plus to recover by itself. After I gave birth to my boy, it got worse and my skin look really gruesome. After TCM treatment and adjustment to my diet, it took abt 2 mth to recover but not 100%, as it will recur again if I don't watch my diet. Still hv a lot of toxins in my body. Sigh

Fi - He's ok nw. But he is into his terrible 2's too.

Kong - I'm staying at Blk 407A. My boys are 8, 7 & 2 years old.

Crayonmum - Ian looks so happy, think will consider this sch for Yuxuan nx year.

happy.gif
happy.gif

I ran of places to bring my boy. Besides Compass Point, Hougang Mall, Rivervale point/plaza, where else can I bring my boy? Intend to have dinner and then jalan jalan, any good suggestions? Must not be too far, as I don't want to come home too late
happy.gif

Hi Tigress,

How abt Punggol? They hv a shopping ctr there at the MRT, I hv never been there though. Any comments on Punggol shopping ctr? Kovan MRT also hv a shopping mall.

Nothing much at Punggol, I end up at Compasspoint yesterday. Now headache, don't know where to go today. What do you gals do over the weekend? I always make it a point to bring my boy out on Fri, Sat & Sun since Mon-Fri I have to work.

Hi Pingping, Tigress,

Hmm... Punggol Plaza has nothing much.. and it's not at the MRT.. but at one of the LRT stations.
happy.gif
Punggol Plaza is something like Rivervale Mall I guess.

How abt Pasir Ris Park/Downtown East? It's only 2 TPE exits fr Sengkang.
happy.gif

I usually bring my boy outdoors ovr the wkend... parks and beaches... we try to avoid the malls if possible.. too crowded .. hee.

Hi Tigress & crayonmum,

I don't always bring my kids out on weekends, sometimes to the playground or shopping mall. Wanted to go to the beach but too tired, as weekend is like time out for me. Looking after 2 kids alone is quite tiring, cos my boy still young and I hv to cook his meals actually cooking for both kids, do chores etc(hv become huang lian po). Just that my gal can eat outside food, which is easier but not for my son who can't take outside food as he has a weak stomach.

If only 1 kid, it's easier to go out but not for 2 kids plus we don't hv car. So playground or sometimes Jalan Kayu is good enough for us.

Tigress,
you can go to T3, Pasir Ris Park or Seletar Animal Farm Resort if you want something near. If not we'll sometimes go to the zoo on Sat. Hubby don't really like to go out on weekends cos too crowded.

There's a kids carnival at Hougang Point till tomorrow (29/3). There's kiddy rides, bouncy castle and games for older kids as well.
happy.gif
Can go take a look.

Hi Irin,

How to go to Seletar Animal Farm resort? I hv not been there before. Are there a lot of animals to see? How is the environment like? What are their opening hours like?

Pingping,
here's the location of the Animal Resort.
http://www.rictedkennels.com/

I'm afraid there's no transport to go there. I usually drive there. There are some farm animals there (goats, horse, geese, ducks, rabbits, gunea pigs & dogs - can buy food from there to feed the rabbits) and no entrance fee required. I'm not sure about the opening hours, should be quite early in the morning and they are open till 7pm.

Pingping, Tigress,

Yes.. the zoo is an excellent place to go... esp if u join as a member... unlimited visits within the yr and free parking.
happy.gif

we always end up in the zoo too! hee...

Actually AMK Hub mall/AMK Central is nearby too... if u dun drive, bus 86 (taken fr Jln Kayu)
takes u straight into the Mall.

Irin,

our hubbies are alike.. hee.

Thanks crayonmum, didn't know bus 86 goes to AMK mall. Now I know there are more nearby places to go to.
Has anyone been to Heartland Mall near Kovan MRT?

Pingping,

Coincidentally, I used to stay at Kovan area.
happy.gif
Heartland Mall is not bad though it's been a while since I've been there.. definitely more interesting than Rivervale Mall.. and there's a hawker centre and a neighbourhood central with shops next to the mall. It was the "old" hougang central before the central at Hougang Mall came abt.

Then if u walk further up of Upp Serangoon Rd (on the same side as Kovan Melody Condo) along the shophouses.. U will find lotsa eating places that open till beyond midnight... the famous Punggol Nasi Lemak and opp the rd.. the famous Midnight Curry Rice.
happy.gif

Oh.. forgot to add that bus 854 along Yio Chu Kang Rd (the bus stop opp blks 403-405) takes u to Yishun Central/North Point too. Journey is less than 30 mins bus ride, not factoring in the time waiting for bus though.
happy.gif

<font face="Comic Sans MS,Tahoma">hw abt kite flying? the land next to acv CC bcmes no2 marina south already..hee

been planning but have nt execute
biggrin.gif
</font>

My boy didn't go to Kindertots today, he is still recovering from flu, will him bring there this Fri.

Thanks for the recommended places. Maybe I can bring my boy to the Animal resort, sounds interesting. I didn't like the zoo, the last time I was there, the weather was so hot, most animals were hiding away in shades. The place was hot, dirty, smelly, my boy was perspiring alot and was very grouchy. My boy likes the Jurong Bird Park better.

Hi tigress,

Yes, the animal farm is interesting. My boy enjoyed feeding e animals very much. But do be prepared that there's alots of mosquito there so rem to apply anti-mosquito lotion/spray
happy.gif

Hi Chrisy,

We also brought my boy to e empty field opp e cc to fly kite once. Bought a super big beetle kite for him. My boy enjoyed flying kite too!
happy.gif
Lately no chance to go cos always raining
sad.gif

everafter,

where did u buy ur kite fr? I bot mine fr the 7Eleven at Anchorvale CC... but it's quite small one... wonder where else got sell kites leh... hmm.. beetle bug.. were u there last last sunday (22nd Mar)? we were there and saw a big beetle bug kite.. hee.
happy.gif

Irin,

I saw this BP liao.
happy.gif
But wanna look for animal shaped ones... coz they look very nice when flying in the sky... that is if i can get it flying.. hahaha..

My dad was the one flying the kite when we went the last time.. haha.. :D

hi tigress,
In fact, the zoo has a Kids World, its a Pool-like water fountain where kids cn get themselves all wet w the slides n fountain..Juz like the Jacob Ballas Children garden/ the pool at the cc...its reaally fun...and we as mummies cn sit dn n relax at the kfc/Ben &amp; Jerry restnt nx to it and watch them play...
the las 2 wkends we hv bn bringing our kids there to play...they enjoyed it...juz prepare to bring their swimmg gears n extra clothg...
And yes, if u r a member, u get free parkg, free tram rides...so its really worth it!!

heard fr my fren dat on 21 Apr, Ben &amp; Jerry (at the zoo)is givin out free flow of ice cream cones thru out the day...so, mummies if u wana chill out/ice cream lovers, prob tis is 1 of the place to consider..heeheee

hi crayonmum,
Aft discussug w my hb, we hv dcided to pull my boy out fr Kindertots liao...Hv nt infmd tchr Adil yet..mayb wl do so 2nite...

Why pull ur boy out from Kindertots? No good? Don't scare me, my boy haven't even start the class.

Talking about kites, I always see a big octopus kite at Anchorvale, anyone know where to get it?

<font face="Comic Sans MS,Tahoma">ya..i saw tat too..happen to chance 1 on ebay coz my boy wanted that too..

but i tot aint my budget..

here >

http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/Octopus-Cute-Single-Line-Kite_W0QQitemZ300304244509QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_216?hash=item300304244509&amp;_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&amp;_trkparms=72%3A1240|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318</font>

Hi crayonmum,

I bought my bettle kite fr online stunt kite. U can call Patrick at 82231960. He has alot of different animal designs. He's staying in SK too. He'll hang all his kites ouside his flat for u to choose. U can fly kite after buying cos e kite also comes with string.
biggrin.gif

thks irin for replying on my behalf..
happy.gif

Ping Ping,
its a nice place to go w kiddos...Adults cannot go in w/o children!! hehee
Do prepare some snacks for ur kids as the food kiosk outside the entrance so-so only and nt cheap....
happy.gif

Hi Chrisy,

Different designs &amp; sizes different prices. I think his kites range bet $20 to $35. Cant rem exactly how much we paid for e huge beetle i think ard $30 cos bought it more than 1 mth ago.

hi hi... thanks for the great info on kites... me n hubby bought frm anchorvale 7-11 and we tried flying it, but it didnt work.. wahahahaha.. maybe me n hubby are juz sotongs!!!

Hi all mummies, wah...miss so many tings in just a few days...trying to get use to working life again, haha...

Hi Ping Ping, my ezecma last for abt 3 yrs, when im pregnant w my second boy then slowly get better...if not...in the middle of nite, i will wake up and scratch till bleed...

wah kite flying, sound interesting...there is an open space bet 405 and 408 rite? used to fly there too but after no.3 is out, we stop...

Nowadays, the wind not very strong.. so might be difficult to fly kite
happy.gif

I just realized the CAMBRIDGE at YCK charges $110 more than other CAMBRIDGE at Hougang. So I decided not to register my boy, will go over &amp; take back my deposit. But I think they will only refund the 1st month fees, $100 deposit is non-refundable
sad.gif
I like CAMBRIDGE alot, but the fees is very steep $840 before subsidy and have to pay additional for Speech &amp; Drama classes. If budget is not my constraint, I would definitely enrol my boy there. Now I have to source for N1 class for my boy again. I have reset my requirements, I don't want CC, I want my boy to attend half day or probably 3-4 hours lessons only since I have a maid at home. I don't want to overstretch my budget. Anyone have good suggestions?

Tigress,

Fi vistied canaan today and was informed that they will operate as a CC soon. Half day b4 subsidy is $580. I haven't heard fr the principal though she did mention to me that they hve the intention to change to a CC. I'll stick to them unless I find a better sch.

Sengkang Methodist Children Centre has N1 classes I think.. and I think the fees are not as ex as CC.

Fi,

correct me if i'm wrong.
happy.gif

Tigress,

Just to add...It's either kindergarten or childcare centres that provide pre-sch education in S'pore. U can actually download an excel file fr the MOE website and they list down all the kindergartens in S'pore and their fees. Likewise for CCs, U can find out fr MCYS website.

i guess u can shortlist fr there.. hope it helps.

alternatively, u can continue wif kindertots until ur boy goes N2.
happy.gif

Back