Mummies staying at Fernvale

hi Chrisy, u have MSN? add me [email protected]

heehee...i have not lost weight gain during pregnacy...haiz...wonder wat to wear next week...ya my bb from the day he's born he stretch alot...think tats y he grow faster, haha...and when i look after him...once he's awake i quickly feed him milk...every two hrs...

oic...but i tink im not bringing him leh...i went to a website...its mention is common for baby to have blocked nose as long as he is feedg well etc...im worried lah but PD really expensive...will monitor closely at the same time.

Colostrum? my kids taking multivitamin which i tink is help but once finish i be changing to centrum lah...cheaper...heehee

oh ya Chrisy, wat drink u made for your gal in the am...heard from the teacher your gal can drink water well...she really cute leh...when im there, she will wave to me.the teacher say she really behave well, hope my bb also will be like your gal...

really glad to meet u...heehee my first frenz in fernvale, haha...

<font face="Comic Sans MS,Tahoma">ohh..my kids bottle are filled with delrosa drink..

kao_sad2.gif
my gal wave to everybody except me lor..nt even want to say tata to me..

kao_cheers.gif
we are all frens here in this thread..we share we comment we suggest..

colostrum hv gd benefits:-

• Improves the absorption of nutrients
• Increases bone mass
• Strengthens the immune system
• Regulates body foundations
• Prevents autoimmune diseases
• Promotes wound healing
• Prevents scar formation
• Improves metabolism
• Burns excess fat
• Restores skin elasticity
• Prevents premature ageing </font>

ya all frenz...but cos i know who you are now...make me feel closer to you, haha...

Hi mummies...hope to see you all soon...

Hi Kong,

yes.. i think u shd bring ur bb to see a doc soon abt the blocked nose... if u dun want to go PD.. maybe can see the GP at Lifeline Fernvale at blk 405C... u can give them a call at 68756182 to chk if Dr Jenny Tee or Dr Joanne Lim are on duty.. they r gd wif kids but they are usually on duty in the morn and afternoon shift only.. i.e. 8.30am to 12pm and 2pm to 4pm.

When my boy is in sch, I either go home to prepare his lunch and do housework or go compass pt to buy groceries.
happy.gif
But not sure if my boy will be going sch this week...still having cough.

Thks for the TCM rec... but I doubt my boy will take chinese med... he dun even want to take the sweet tasting western med... i have to mix it into Vitagen, apple juice, milk, etc to make him drink it.. if all else fail.. i have to force feed but I need another person to hold him down.. sigh.

Carmen,

hahaha.. actually Adil shd give me 30% disc... also rec another mummy there.. :D

<font face="Comic Sans MS,Tahoma">this is seriously coincident!! haha..

Kong's hb everafter's hb n my hb..all ex col..
kao_laugh.gif
really small world..</font>

Hi crayonmum...when you feel we can meet up for bf this week cos im going back work soon...anyother SAHM to meet up also, heehee...

Oh ya... really a small world...chrisy hubby is my hubby's ex co too...haha...small small world

kong,

wow.. wat a small small world!!

looking at my boy's cough.. dun think he will recover by this week... sigh... wld have loved to meet up wif u.... hmm.. how abt we exchange mobile no.? if my boy is well enuf to go sch this week.. i will sms u. my boy starts at 10.30am.. so i can prob meet u at Koufu at 10.45am.

I PM u my mobile no.
happy.gif

hi crayonmum,
Sent my boy 2 sch 2day...
saw afew kiddos hvng rather bad runng nose...thick mucus rolling dn...highlighted to Adil, and her reply was juz, "oh ya!"...
sad.gif

And 2day there were quite a no. of crying babies...both the tchr couldnt handle!!

btw, do u noe if the tchr do wash the toys e'ryday??cos 2day i went in w my boy, some of the toys i noticed was either broken/unsafe to play wif...and it gives me a feelg dat they dun wash the toys as often as Appletree does...and the flr as well...tho its carpeted, bt cn see dat its nt as clean...
Sori to mention all tis, bt m reali concern lor whn there r so mny kiddos playin on the flr and w the toys as well...hmmmm....esp for their age, cleanliness is v impt...

Hi Everybody!

Wow, juz saw fr chrisy's msg tat Kong's hb mine &amp; chrisy's r ex-col. Ha ha so coincident!! Must tell my hb abt it but i think one of these days all of us must gather together! hee hee

Hi carmen,

yah.. i also highlighted to Adil thru sms yest abt the sick kids attending sch.. she said she will remind the parents/guardians again... think she mentioned to me that this week has some new kids joining... maybe that's why there're lotsa crying babies...

actually i dun think they clean the toys everyday... yes... i agree that cleanliness is very impt..and that kindetots is not very gd in that... for me.. i close 1 eye since my boy enjoys going there... and there's really no other choices of playgroup that's within walking distance nearby... sigh..

maybe u can ask adil abt the cleaning of the toys and the floor? abit weird for me to ask after ian has attended for some time... hee..
happy.gif

Kong

Blocked nose maybe common but it's not normal. Nowadays a lot of conditions are common but that doesn't mean it's normal. Example, hyperactive kids.

I wonder if the teacher ask the toddlers to wash their hands before eating their food during break time. I don't think I saw them washing their hands, maybe I should highlight to Adil.

I noticed that the Thomas the train floot mat is little torn and a little boy actually trip over it. I would say that Kindertots is not extremely good in their facilities, but it's decent enough lor. What to do, I have to rely on my helper to bring my boy there everyday, so it must be within walking distance. Anyway, my boy is joining Cambridge Jan 2010.

After reading all the comments on kindertots, I am hving second thoughts on enrolling my son to kindertots next yr. I am still thinking Apple tree or kindertots.

Crayonmum,
Does yr son take vitagen or fruit juice when he's sick? If yes, I'll advise you to stop giving him these until he's fully recovered. As this contains sugar, whether it's natural or not, it'll hinder recovery. In TCM, they advise not to take fruits during flu. Also not to give yr son vitagen everyday(if you are not, then fine), I hv read from other threads, that the PD says to give to kids 7 yrs old and above. There is 1 mummy whose kids got asthma through daily consumption of Yakult. To me Yakult or vitagen is the same, all got added sugar. Cos original fermented drink taste sour, they add sugar to make it easier to drink.

<font face="Comic Sans MS,Tahoma">yea..my son is one that cannot take vitagen/yakult. 1 bottle down n phelgm starts rolling in le.. </font>

pingping,

my boy takes diluted apple juice (no sugar added type) everyday.. i dilute 1:1. For Vitagen.. yes.. he takes when he's sick.. ironically.. coz that's the only way to force him to take med.. coz i will mix it inside.. sigh... i know vitagen may cause cough... but no other choice leh... i can't force feed the med alone... any suggestions to give med to fussy kids? I tried putting in his juice and milk... he can detect and he wun drink already... sigh..

Crayonmum,
You mean yr son also rejects western medicine? For me, when my younger son(when he was 1yr old) didn't want to take the chinese medicine cos it was bitter. I scolded him, and told him that he must take the medicine in order to get well. He took the medicine, he did try to reject a few times and I will scold him cos I don't want him to be the boss. I am the fierce and stern type, and I don't let my kids be the boss when it comes to food and medicine ( for food sometimes I give in to them, provided the food they like to eat is healthy). Sometimes chinese medicine is sweet, and he will take it. Now bitter or sweet, he'll take. Same for my gal.

I feel you do give in to yr son, right? I don't think my method will be easy for you to practice if you are not comfortable with it. You can try negotiating with him, if he don't take his medicine, he don't get to eat his favourite food, or play his favourite toy etc. You must speak to him sternly, so that he knows you mean it. You must mean what you say or else it will not work. Nowadays kids are so smart, they want to control parents. I recommend listening to FM97.2 at 1pm , they hv a programme on kids, be it health , discipline etc. Fen ying is the DJ, I find it quite educational for parents, as they do invite professionals to give advice.

Chrisy
I also hv phlegm when I take Yakult or vitagen during my childhood, now I don't take cos don't like sweet stuff. Used to eat a lot of junk food when I was young, so now health not so good. That's why I emphasize a lot on healthy foods for my kids, cos it all starts from what they eat since young and that will be their foundation. If you don't give sweets to them, they won't crave for it even when they are older.

Yah, my son also e same. Refuse to eat his meal if there's no Yakult. I always dilute it with water 1st b4 giving him else such a small bot cant last him throughout e whole meal
uhoh.gif

<font face="Comic Sans MS,Tahoma">agree...kids ctrl the parents these days...nd to be stern..

my gal doesnt wan med too..i FORCE it dwn her throat..else will nvr want to eat..

my boy on other hand..takes med like dessert. haha</font>

pingping,

u r right... i'm not the stern type.. unless i'm very very angry.. when i scold my son.. he thinks it's funny and will laugh.. sigh... or he will be fiercer than me! :p he's that time "eat soft dun eat hard" kind...
sad.gif

there's this 1 time we brought him to KKH A&amp;E and even wif me holding him down.. need 3 nurses to help "shoot" the med down his throat! imagine... wat a scene it was... I used to ask my mum to come ard and help me hold him down while i shoot the med into his mouth.. but there was this time that he vomited after that and he was very traumatised after that.. so i tot i would disguise the med in drinks that he like... e.g. i will mix panadol wif strawberry milk (coz panadol is also strawberry flavoured), brufen with orange juice (coz brufen is orange flavoured), etc.

chrisy,

how does delrosa taste like? maybe i'll try giving my boy that and see if i can mix the med inside.
happy.gif

hi crayonum,
Delrosa is actually rose syrup..
I used to let my gal drinks it whn she was younger and din want to drink water...
The oni worries is dat once u start w delrosa, it mayb diff to switch bac to plain water as the kids r used to the "sweetness" in delrosa liao...
happy.gif

carmen,

oic... dun think my boy will like rose syrup kind of taste.. he doesn't like honey, milo and chocolate milk too... he's a very fussy pot when it comes to food/beverages... luckily he still drinks plain water.

Hi kong,

Sorry, I didn't answer yr question on the cost of Yu Guo consultation. It depends on the number of days of medicine that the yi shi give, for 4 days + tuina is $45(for kids). I think for yr baby may be cheaper, cos less medicine. They hv tuina for kids and baby. If you decide to go to Yu Guo, ask for Huang Yi Shi. Sometimes when she has a lot of patients, she might ask you to see other Yi Shi, you just insist you want to see her. You can opt out tuina if she don't hv the time, that's what I do, just take the med w/o tuina. It would be good to call before you go there.
They are well known for kids tuina (through words of mouth), during weekends can be crowded or when there is a flu season. There are some mummies here who don't like Yu Guo though.

I was recommended by a mummy here, I see her for my eczema. It has improved greatly, plus with some adjustments to my diet, as I hv to avoid meat and eat more green leafy vegetables.

YU GUO CHINESE PHYSICIAN ACCUPUNTURE &amp; PHYSIOTHERAPY PTE LTD
8-B Jalan Masjid #01-04
Kingston Terrace
Singapore 418929

Tel: 64474761

MRT: Kembangan EW6 (tap yr card, turn left, cross road n walk towards the canal.....then u can c the clinic....walking less than 5mins)
Bus : 854 (Take from Yio Chu Kang Road Bus Stop, and stop at Kembangan MRT Bus Stop)

Huang Yi Shi working hours(she does the tuina personally) :

Mon &amp; Sat : 9am - 1230nn / 2 - 5pm
Tues : 2 - 5pm
Wed : CLINIC CLOSED
Thurs &amp; Sun : 9am - 1230nn
Fri : Huang Yi Shi REST DAY

Crayonmum,

Yr son reminds me of my sis's daughter, she is also fussy with food but she takes chinese med. She also has character and not easy to discipline, my sis needs to hv a lot of patience as her gal also wants her way. Some kids are easier to discipline than the others, but I still believe if parents start to draw boundaries when they are very young, it'll be easier to discipline them when they are older. Never let them control you but the other way round.

I learnt from my sis that if yr son is suppose to take medicine, you hv to keep reminding him why he needs to take med. I think negotiating method may suit yr boy.

Hi Ping Ping, thanks...eczema can be treated also, wah...i used to have it in my hand after second pregnancy then slowly recover by itself My bro in law got sensitive skin on his back, mayb i ask him go try...
oh ya which blk u are staying?

morning mummies.........
Glad to see this thread is alive n kicking... hello to all mummies tht i hv nt 'met' before..

Crayonmum- hws Ian...

Wow, this thread is getting alive!!

Welcome to all the new mummies here.
happy.gif

Everafter,
I got my 5rm at $380K but low floor, 7th only.
sad.gif

Aquarius,
my valuation was $342K, think it's higher cos I'm at 21st floor.

Vivienne,
my mum's at Blk 976 too, so qiao.
happy.gif

Fi,

where hve u MIA to???? helping irin moving hse ah? hehehhee..

ian has some stubborn phlegm that refused to go away... and his nose will act up once in a while.. but no fever so far.. so i'm relieved.
happy.gif

he's been screaming to go sch everyday though.. so gotto distract him wif TV... hahaha..

irin,

how's settling down at ur new hse? must be busy unpacking and cleaning up the reno dust?
happy.gif

pingping,

u r right.. my boy is very hard to discipline.. yah lor.. trying to be more stern to him now... he's right at the midst of the "terrible two"... sigh..

crayonmum- hahahaha.. im lost wifout irin n hani.. souless wanderer... hey, ian screaming for sch is gd... means he loves it thr........ he went bk to sch?

vivienne- is yu xuan better?

Hi Fi_Hozali...ya next week going back work...going to working mum again, haha...

Hi Vivienne, hee hee so how old are your boys?
My boys aged 7, 4 and 3mths...two already super noisy, wonder how it is going to be three....heehee...where u stay...meet up together one of these days...

Fi,

no...he's still confined at hme... scared that he will catch another virus easily if i let him go bk to sch without full recovery.. he looks gd today though.. only cough to clear the phlegm.

where is hani?? given birth already?
happy.gif

Crayonmum,
ya, almost done with the unpacking liao, now waiting to do some minor touch up and the furnitures and electrical applicances to come then you all can come over liao, hehe.

Ian's sick ah? RR had fell sick countless of times ever since they started childcare. I was so upset initially but then after seeing them so happy and chirpy, think it's still the right decision lah.
happy.gif

Vivienne,
precisely! Now I take just 2 mins to walk to the kopitiam when last time me and hubby would rather don't eat than to walk to FP. ;p

Irin,

yah lor.. ian has been sick more often ever since he starts sch... me too.. quite upset.. upset that he can't go sch and i lost my 2 hrs of freedom everyday! hahaha..

but seriously.. am kinda prepared that he will fall sick more often... but like wat u said.. it's the right decision after seeing him so happy in sch...
happy.gif
see this pic of him in sch... hehehe

2287020.jpg

Crayonmum,
haha, he looks so cute. We seldom see him so smiley leh, think he's really enjoying school.
happy.gif

That day when my boy was at Kindertots, he also enjoyed himself and refused to go home. He loved Thomas the train!

My boy starting school next Mon, need to get pull-up pants for him, can anyone suggest which brand is good? Need to get a new water bottle for him as well, as there is an indian boy who had the same one as my boy, don't want them to grab the wrong one.

Irin, Fi,

yah .. he really enjoys sch very much...
happy.gif
and he got a best fren in class called adirudh... and he will always say adirudh out of the blue when he's at hme.. hahaha..

Tigress,

I use Nepia pull up pants.. can get fr NTUC... it's a Jap brand.. very soft and not expensive when u get during their 2-pack promotion... But actually dun really need to wear pull-up pants to sch... my boy wears normal diapers.
happy.gif

Back