(2005/05) May 2005 Babies

ValC,
welcome!
My boi also dun drink much milk. Now 3 bottles a day. 150ml morning, 150ml after nap and 100ml before bedtime. He has gone for a few milk strikes, but after few days, back to normal routine. Still taking his FM. I have been trying all types of fresh milk n packet milk (adults n kids) in various flavours, he just refuses to take. Sigh! PD said if he dun wan milk, is okie, just make sure it is substitute with other calcium products. So if he is on milk strike, I give him cheese n etc.

caymom
my son is also refusing his usual lunch and dinner. he's becoming really skinny. i can tell/feel when i carry him by his armpits. he was sick abt a week ago. but now he doesn't seem sick anymore(no runny nose or coughing) how come he's still not back to eating and drinking.

i desperately want him to drink his milk cos it's rich in nutrients which is lacking in his diet. he's a fussy and small eater. tomorrow will be the 7th day he's on feed strike. v scared. malnutrition? dehydration?

ValC,
can understand yr worried! If he is drinking water, he wont be dehydrated. Will he take cheese slice? It is normal to lose appetite when he is sick. Glad he has recovered. Maybe you try to give him more small meals frequently to see how and change to noodles, pasta, bread or other items which are his favourites. U must be so tired. Take care of yourself too.

Sally,
cay is also drinking 3 bottles a day. We will make around 180ml for her but usually she will finish 150ml. When do kids wean off milk? My mom said I stopped drinking milk at around 3yo but I think kids these days may drink milk until 6yo right?

I hope cay can continue drinking because she doesn't eat much solids. I think it is because we did not introduce a great variety of food to her. Now, anything that is unusual, she will spit it out.

You know she is still eating her brown rice cereal. That is still her favourite food. Although it is easy to prepare, she cannot forever eat that right. She now eats rice but she will spit out the vege. She only eats the vege when we cook it in porridge. My mom said most kids dread vege and will outgrow it eventually. I hope so leh.

ValC,
My gal is also quite skinny. Her face may be round and chubby so most people feel that she is very well-fed but her body is very skinny. My PD said kids will not starve themselves so when she doesn't want to eat, I just leave her. My mom said cannot always dun eat and force feed her. Luckily my gal is very scared of my mom and will listen to her. But hor, see my gal cry and eat at the same time, I feel sorry for her. I mean, even adults will have sudden drop in appetite mah.

For your son, maybe he just recovered so his appetite has not fully resumed. Give him some time but make sure he drinks enough water.

Caymom,
Wow Cay still drinks alot compared to A. Think better dun wean them off milk. But kind of switch them from FM to fresh milk might be better lor. My sis' kids (5 n 6 yrs) still drinking FM from bottles. I cant wait to wean him off from bottles. But other moms said, if u wean off bottles, they will drink less milk. Dunnoe how true.
A at times will ask for his oats cereal in the morning or middle of the day. Think gian. hahaha
Vege - A also hates it, so need to mince/cut into small portions. Hope they outgrow lor.

Sally,
I see. I also hope cay can continue to drink milk because feeding her solids is a puke-blood affair. Dunno whether she will become a fussy eater in future. Do u think switching her to Pediasure will help? I saw in advert that it is meant for picky eaters right.

I dunno whether wean off bottles will drink less milk. For cay, she refuse water big time if we feed from bottle but from cup, she is fine and even asks for more. Can't be sure about milk.

I'm starting bbcay from solids already. Want to do it better this time and prevent her from turning into a picky eater. I was kinda bochap when I intro solids to cay.... basically just brown rice cereal and simple porridge.
lame.gif

caymom,
I switch A to pediasure cos pp said can increase his weight. But still same lei. hahaha
A onli wan to drink milk from bottles. If u put water, he will scream. He also wan to drink water from cup n spoon.
Ya better start intro various food to them early the better cos headache when they know how to say NO. Sigh!

Sally,
I see. Hmmm.... I just stocked up on Gain IQ leh. Maybe I'll try out Pediasure and see if cay is ok... then save the Gain IQ for bbcay when I wean her off BM.

my son jus lost 1kg. he's now 10.6kg. gasp! we brought him to the dr today cos he started vomitting watever little he eats since yesterday. v worrying. he only eats baby bites and juice now.

we try to feed him milk with cereal like thos adult's box cereal which sometimes he like. but even that he wun eat. he wun eat his usual lunch and dinner food either.

i hope the theory about kids not starving themselves is true. keeping fingers crossed that he will eat/drink milk something soon.

ValC,
Actually, I have seen a case where the baby went on milk strike and has to be hospitalised, so in a way, I have my doubts over the saying that kids wun starve themselves. I guess occasionally is ok but if to the extent of making them sick, we have to do something abt it.

ValC,
how abt giving him stage 3 bb cereal now? How abt bb bottle food? U think he would like? How about pancake? Bread? Noodles? Pasta? Cake?
When my boi sick, n no appetite, my mom would boil plain porridge. U noe those watery kind, boil longer n give to my boi to drink cos she said would make him full too. U try.

sally
no he wun eat those. noodles mebbe. we tried clear soup yesterday and he refused. he's only eating baby bites and baby ball. and water and juice and yakult. it's scary. now vomiting even more. and v lethargic. may have to ward him for dehydration.

he wun take alot of things. like water if it has a little glucose in it or even 2 drops of probiotics. so i'm not sure if he'll take freezer pops. anyways he keeps vomiting everything out.

the pd(not his regular one cos he was closed on sunday) said if it continues got to ward him to hydrate him. but the last time we warded him and put him on drip was v traumatic. and he was v uncomfortable. kept waking up in the middle of the night.

ValC,
Yes can understand, even adults cant stand the drips. So poor thing. Sayang Sayang. How is he feeling today? Still throwing up?

hi sally & caymom
thanks for asking. jared is now back to drinking his milk after his 8 day strike. which is a huge relief for me. i thought he was going to wean himself off like he did his pacifier. the 1st time he took his milk after a long time we were all so happy. but he's still fussy about food. had to coax him like mad. his vomitting lasted for 3 days.

ValC,
Glad to know that Jared is fine now. Mommies always get anxious when the kids refuse to eat. Now is the time to pump him up again.
happy.gif

ValC
Good to hear from u again. Glad is he feeling better now. U must take care hor.
Yup, now time to pump him up back.

Hi mommies,
My gal is also a May05 baby. I thought my gal drink very little already but it seem that she drink a lot after reading some of the posting. She drinks 300ml in the morning and night and 270ml in the late afternoon. She still take her regular lunch and dinner as well. Always took an hour to finish her solid meal. Anyone have any idea which can make her eat faster? She also a night cat.. unwilling to sleep till 11 - 12 plus.. yesterday worst, slept only at 1.30am..

Hi Dearie
Welcome to the thread.
Wow yr gal realli drinks alot. Good lei.
My boi usu takes max half an hour to finish. I tell him the faster he finishes his meal, he can leave the table. So he quickly lor.
OMG yr gal sleeps so late. N wat time she wakes up? Does she nap?

Hi sally,
My gal cannot sit still at the dinning table. She always walk around the house when having dinner. sometime I wish I got a controller can press a button for her to sit still and eat faster.

She normally wakes up at 10 - 11 plus. she will only nap in the afternoon for 1 - 2 hours if she wake up at 9 plus. My maid slim down quite a lot just by looking after her. That y I always tell ppl, dont need to go for slimming course. Just help me to look after my gal can liao.. lol...

Dearie,
Put inside highchair, or booster seat. My boi sits on his own little tikes table set during meals times when we are not eating together with him. If we are eating at the same time, then he sits on the booster seat at the dining table. Wow so late wake up. Maybe u train her to sleep early, then not so shiong.

Dearie,
Welcome to the thread.
happy.gif

Your gal drinks so much milk. Mine only drinks 180ml max per feed. My gal also walks around during lunch/dinner. She refused to sit in high chair since young. Now I'm trying to cultivate the habit of sitting for my 2nd bb.

My gal is also a nite owl... usually sleep at midnight. Now she has dark circles under her eyes liao as she wakes up early because we need to send her to my mom's place before going to work.

Sally,
I tried before letting her sit in her high chair and eat together with us but she dont want leh.. I also tried putting her in her own table and chair still the same. So I thought she might want to eat herself, so let her tried, but still fail..

I always ask her to go to her room to sleep at 10 and somemore sing song and pat pat her to sleep still dont work.

Sometime I give up, I ask my maid to look after, I go sleep myself.

Caymon,
sometime my gal also have dark circles under her eye leh.. so poor thing lor..

actually before I saw this thread, I always think my gal drink very little and always want to increase her milk intake... maybe because my bro DD drink 360ml each time.. sometime i still force her to finish her milk, quite bad lor. now come to think of it, i think it normal for them to reduce the intake of milk when they grow older as they might want to eat more soild food..

HI Kel,
sori not keen in joyhouse enrichment.
He is doing fine in his kindy, n his chinese teacher said his mandarin is better than the chinese kids in terms of pronounciation etc. So wont wan to stress him with additional enrichment class. hee
U should check out Berries. Their mandarin prog is excellent. If I sign up for mandarin class, I will go for Berries.

Hi sally,

wow. Great to hear that akinesh is doing well in mandarin. (",) He has always been a fast learner right.

I'm actually considering Berries too. Alot of my forum mums I know recommend to me too. But since Joyhouse is giving FOC trial. I don't mind going for the trial 1st then decide. Berries at Thomson don't have weekend classes. So it's difficult for me.

Kel,
No lah, he not a fast learner, just talks alot.
when u due?
A lot of mommies told me no need to start so earli to pressurise the kids lah. Maybe start after they turn 4 yrs old?

Sally,

I'm in my 35week now. Anytime I guess. haha.. That time isaac & ian came at 32weeks mah. This time hopefully after National Day.

But I'm worried leh. My mandarin also very jia lat. Most hated subject in school. haha.. I wouldn't want that to happen to my boys too. Getting abit kiasu I guess. But other then pre-nusery from 8.30am - 11.30 mon-fri. I did not send them to any other class. How about you?

Kel,
Wont be so soon lah, That time different cos twins. Now will be later.
My boi is with Act 3 for two terms already for his enrichment, and he is enjoying the class veri much.
So u will be moving?

sally,

ya. sort of moving. Will come back here very often though coz still need my mum's help. My reno down already. Now only need to get tv console, side table, fridge, washing machine & small appliances like rice cooker all these lor.

Act 3 for speech & drama? Where is it?

hi,

sorry to disturb,i am looking for the Haenim Play yard,if u r selling please PM me your price, condition and age of the play yard and collection place.

--- On Tue, 10/5/11, Charles Tan (Volunteer Resource Network) <[email protected]> wrote:

From: Charles Tan (Volunteer Resource Network) <[email protected]>
Subject: Outings for the Underprivileged Children
To: "Charles Tan (Volunteer Resource Network)" <[email protected]>
Date: Tuesday, 10 May, 2011, 11:22

Dear all

We are still short of sponsors and volunteers for the outings arranged for the Underprivileged children, below is the updated numbers :

No. of Children Sponsor : 12
No. of Volunteers : 6

We hope to have about 45 children and 35 volunteers to come along for this Ice Cream Making Workshop, for those who can help, do get back to me by 15 May 2011 so we will have sufficient time to send out the flyers to the children.

In the event we are unable to get sufficient sponsors, we will cancel the outing and will refund those who have sponsored so you can use the funds to reach out to others instead.

Thank you

Regards
Charles Tan
Volunteer Resource Network
Email : [email protected]
URL : www.vrnetwork.org

From: Charles Tan (Volunteer Resource Network) [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Thursday, 5 May, 2011 11:09 AM
Subject: June Holiday Programme for the Children

Dear all

We will be resuming our outings for the children from the low income family this June after taking a break last Dec. This coming June, we plan to bring the kids to downtown east for an Ice Cream Making Workshop and have Ice Cream Buffet there as well, below are the details :

Event : Ice Cream Making Workshop + Ice Cream Buffet
Date : 18 June 2011 (Saturday)
Time : 10am to 2pm (Tentative)
Venue : Downtown East
Meeting point : Daybreak Family Service Centre
Blk 855 Yishun Ring Road Training Wing
(5 mins walk from Khatib MRT Station )

Targeted number of Children : 45
Volunteers required : 25

The cost for each child is about $35.00 which will cover the cost of the event, including lunch and cookie packs for each child. We hope each of you can sponsor at least one child for the trip, we will also need some volunteers to join us for the trip to take care of the children and help them out during the ice cream making workshop when we are there.

For those who would like to sponsor, you can mail a cheque payable to “Maple Lifestyle”, indicate “VRN June” and mail it to :

Maple Lifestyle
195 Pearl’s Hill Terrace
#01-32
Singapore 168976

Please let us know the details of your cheque such as bank, cheque number and amount via email if you are sending by cheque.

For those who preferred to funds transfer, please do email me separately for the account number to transfer.

Do remember me to update me so I can consolidate the sponsored funds, we will stop accepting funds once we have enough as per our usual practice.

And for those who are keen to volunteer, do provide me with the following particulars :

1) Name
2) NRIC
3) Contact Number
4) Email address

The cost for each volunteer is $38.00, we will likely be getting McDonald Lunch for everyone, if you are a vegetarian, do inform us and we will pack lunch separately for you.

We hope to be able to get your support to sponsor up to a max of 45 children from the low income family group for this trip.

Regards
Charles Tan
Volunteer Resource Network
Email : [email protected]
URL : www.vrnetwork.org

Hi,

Am posting for information as they are short of sponsors and volunteers for the event. Pls liaise with the organiser directly if you are interested in helping out..

Thanks a mil! =)

Back