Reno ideas for expanding family

orchid

We live in a 4 rm hdb A2 model flat (90sqm). We're expecting no. 3 and need t find solutions for more space. We were thinkngof getting a bigger space but after exploring, we prefer our current place. High floor, very windy, big kitchen, outdoor area for out little garden. The alternative places were not too appealing either too small too expensive, not worth the move.
Anyway, I need some Reno ideas to fit in our growing family with 3 small kids (7, 4, and on one the way next Feb).

Maybe knock down the wall between 2 of the rooms to make a big room for kids and study. Please send me ideas, pictures or websites if u have. thank you!

Wa, Orchid, which part of Spore are u staying? With a 90sqm size, a BIG kitchen and a little garden SOUNDS bigger than 90sqm!

Just my humble opinion, you have to think long term. Once hacked, tough to reverse. Also, you need to think about resale value? You need to find potential buyers who are willing to accept the current layout. Not sure if they will haggle over the COV.

Sorry if I have given you problems instead of solutions. Hee.. If I have any suitable materials on reno, will let you know! =)

Are ur kids of the same gender? If different, boys and girls cannot possibly share a room when they are bigger. So, hacking a wall may not be a good idea. But, if they are of the same gender, should be okay lo. Just put screens between their beds when they are bigger so they have their own personal space when they want to sulk or withdraw from the world. (teenagers and their angsty world...)

My MIL said shifu advised that we cannot start house renovation until after baby is born. In fact, has to be after baby first month. Has anybody heard about this before? Initially I thought that if I were to avoid going to the house during renovation, it will be OK.

Back