(2012/11) Nov 2012

Hi sushi,
I'm not superwoman, have a helper but still so busy hehe...
I'm going back to work after maternity, now I worried how she can handle it alone.
are you SAHM or working?

Hi sushi,
Im thinking of getting abc books or flash card for her too but I hardly have the time to go out now. Usually I go out jus to get grocery then Chong back home. Do u hv any recommendation of online stores whereby we can get these studf?

I do not hv any helper with me too. Only my mum comes to help me sometimes. I'm working n my maternity leave end this month. So fast... Sad...

I seldom bring my girl out, very troublesome to bring so many things n oso afraid she kena virus n fall sick then diff to take care.

Dear mummies
R u too busy at home n hv no time to go shopping? Why not do online shopping.. I do sell cute bb clothings & products from Fisher price, Lamaze products, flashcard etcin facebook with great prices.. . Come on in to my fb n shop now.. Is always good to hv another choice to shop.. The reason i create this page as am a twin mummies and know tt saving is very impt for us especially standard living so high now..
Visit www.facebook.com/precioustotcloset today...or search for Precious Tots Closet (bear icon) fr facebook to find out more.

hi rachel, am a SAHM, no choice de....noone is helping. my own mom in kl and my mil never open mouth that she would help and claims her knee pain. moreover, her house very dirty and with cat, i too don't feel ease to let her take care of my bb :D

hi seoulsoul, so good at least your mom will come help out sometimes. after you return back to work, who gonna help look after your baby? send your bb to your mom's place or to infantcare?

i also seldom bring my girl out. very tiring leh. when she just turn 1 month, all people told me to bring her out often, dun just stay at home, must let her see people outside.....ya, i know, but with just myself, very trouble de ma, and i already so tired leh....morning after her morning feed, then i need to do laundry and other house work and cook simple food for myself. afternoon bath her and when she's awake, gotta entertain her till before her bedtime. when she sleeps at night, i quickly settle other things then go sleep liao. where got energy to bring her out??

i just bought a set of graphic cards for my girl. will get another later when i'm back from kl. will pm you the website of the seller see if you wanna get from her.

So good to be SAHM... I wish I can be one too. I think we have same MIL but without cat lol... I relied on helper, already change 3 helpers. The current is good but want to go home.
Hard to trust them, we installed CCTV all over in the house.

Will be in kl during cny too!

Hi Seoul,
How nice to have mom nearby. Jealous ;)
Nice to meet you

Hi rachel, if got the chance again, i would rather work. but cant afford and worried to get a helper. and not bear to send my girl to infantcare. really hope my mom can come over to help me but impossible lor cos she is 74 already and has not been feeling very well since last year.

You from kl too? u will be driving back there? i'll be taking coach. kind of worried my bb will be very fussy during that few hours.

hi rachel,
my mum doesnt stay near me hence she can only comes occasionally. i stay near my in laws, but they find it tired to take care of my baby. so the conclusion is not staying nearby ur parents or in laws will definately helpful to u.

hi sushi,
i have drop u an email
happy.gif

@sushi, if I can afford helper and stay at home. I will be very happy;) but without helper, I rather work. I sent my son to babysitter for 6mths before and without helper at home, I spent more time doing household than with my son ESP weekend.
Yes I'm from and grew up in kl. We are driving back on first day of cny for a week with 2 carseats in the car and helper squeezed in the middle lol.
Is this your first year bringing baby back? It should have multiple stops, baby tend to be tired on long journey. Get a sling, if not your arms and neck will be sore carrying her. This is the first long journey for my daughter, we will have multiple stops visiting relatives before reaching kl. where are you going to stay in kl?
@seoul we always see the grass greener on the other side, aren't we?;) Anyway it's our baby, our responsibility.

hi rachel, can recommend which brand of carrier is good? and where can i get it from?? have been thinking to get one but just don't know which to get. can advise? thanks.

we'll be staying in my parents place. really worry my girl will cries during that few hours journey. we're taking coach, so unable to stop when and as we want to.....sigh....

Hi sushi, I have a hand me down carrier that I hardly use. It doesn't support baby neck. My neighbor used a sling (cloth type) which can really wrap and can cover when breastfeed. I think that is useful for infant and for her,SAHM. I saw it in mothercare about $25. I didn't buy any.
Baby definitely will cry, u can handle it
happy.gif
even we have carseat, we still need to carry baby out to stop her cries. are you taking those coach like aeroline? It's comfortable with sofa area and big seat. When are u going and coming back? I had a 10hours car journey during one of the cny. Hope for smooth traffic.

hi rachel, i will be leaving on the 10 and back on the 14. Hope all goes well
happy.gif
by the way, can advise how to sterilise the milk bottle during the journey? need to bring how many bottles?

@sushi, if u r using Avent bottles, there are cap to keep bottle nipple sterilized up to 24hrs. What u need to do is sterilized the bottles first and cover with the cap before you leave the house. Actually I don't put the cap on although I had it... Too lazy ;) if I don't have enough bottles, I just wash 1 round and rinse with hot water. I will bring 5 bottles for this journey.

Rachel, do u bring ur steriliser to kl? still thinking should i bring, but its bulky kind of troublesome. think will use the old way to sterilise (to boil) when at my mom place. btw, which part of kl u're from? im from kepong.

Hello sushi, I still thinking of to bring or not to bring sterilizer to kl. my car already full load. I'm planning to buy formula milk, fresh milk for my son, diapers in kl.
I'm at Wangsa maju.

Hi rachel, u have any idea if kl got sell 'Nan'? my girl is taking Nan. if kl have, thinking to buy some.
Btw, can advise how to clean the steriliser (avent)? thks
happy.gif

Hi Mummies

I am a Stay At Home Mum and have a stock of FBM available dated from 17-December 2012. All FBM are packed in milk bags and frozen. As I do not need to return to the workforce and have sufficient supply to meet my baby's feeding needs, I will like to give away my FBM to 1 mummy who is experiencing problems with milk supply or breastfeeding.

180ml x 4 packs (dated 17/12 - 20/12)
210mls x 8 packs (24/12 - 20/2) *No FBM in stored in Jan 2013
280mls x 2 packs (dated 22/12 - 23/12)

Collection at Jurong West St 64 (opposite Jurong Point) within this week at the following timing:
Thursday - Friday: 9am - 9pm
Saturday: 2pm - 4pm
Sunday: 2.30pm - 4pm

Please SMS me at 82512647. I do not come into this forum often, so it would be difficult for me to track the post.

Thank you and have a good day!

Dear all,

My lil boy (currently 3mth+) old only likes to turn his head to his left when sleeping till his left side of the head turn slightly flat already.

Tried to put him to slp on his right (side way position) but he always turn flat on back n face to the left in the middle of the night.. He refuse to slp in sarong as he is use to sleeping in the cot since birth.. What can I do??

Do anyone experience the same problem as me?

Hi mummy ziyu, starts rom 2 months plus, my girl started to like to turn to her right side. But lately, 3 months plus, she starts to turn to her left side too even though most times is at her right side especially when she on her cot. so, i think later your boy will try to turn to other side too.....don't worry too much....just keep monitor first....

Why he refuses to sleep in sarong de? most babies like to sleep in sarong cos more cooling and like being hugged. as for my bb, due to space limits, we are unable to get a sarong for her...poor girl
sad.gif

Btw, do ur boy starts to suck her thumb/fingers? mine starts to like to suck her fingers now. Shiuld i let her suck or should stop her?

Hey sushi,

Yes he love to suck on his hand.. not just the thumb is the whole hand, i had went to the childcare lesson from Mrs WonG Boh Boi and she says it's perfectly fine for babies to suck on their finger because the teething starts from 3mth onwards.

We start to put him into the sarong after he is drowsy or aldy fall asleep in the afternoon but stick to sleeping in the cot at night, Flip him to the unflatten side though...

Think you can but the flash cards at bookstores, popular, times all have..

Hi mummy ziyu, ya, its good to let ur bb to sleep both in sarong and cot
happy.gif

so, its ok to let my bb suck on the hands? can we give teether to her? but she still can't hold...start to learn to grab only....still not able to hold things for long.

Btw, is ur boy's neck strong enough now? in what month bb neck is strong enough that we need not to hold for them?

hello sushi,

His neck is still not strong enough yet.. like wobble here and there haha!

me n hubby give him a teether but same as ur's still don't know how to grab yet so jus let him indulge in his little fist first.

Does ur little girl like tummy time? my son always 'complain' after just a 5mins lying on his tummy.. even when I entertain him by lying beside him.. any solutions or advise?

Hi mummy ziyu,

my girl also doesnt like belly time much. Must let her try whenever she is in good much. just continue trying everyday, no choice de :D

btw, when bb teething, some will drool, get fever, or no appetite; would they also poo 'soft poo'?

Hello~

My boy is a drool machine. Drool every where he went... i think what kind of poo does not matter as long as baby got poo and the baby isn't crying excessively and is drinking well..

I just have to force my son to be on tummy for at least a 10mins everyday, he hate it but for his benefit, guess he will embrace it in long run.. haha!

Hi, can anyone advise after how many months of using that we should change new milk bottlrs? currently using avent, is there any other good milk bottles to recommend? thks.

Hi mommies, I'm from the Dec 2012 group, but my BB decided to arrive early on 26 Nov. Times flies, she's now 3months+ already.

sushi, it's advisable to change bottles around 3months or when they start turning yellow.
I'm using Medela and Avent bottles.

Hi catherine, thank u for the reply. think i should change bottles already cos the bottles seem to be 'unclear", not yellow though :p

would u normally sterilise a few bottles in one go or every time after feeding u will sterilise it and would u sterilise with the rest that already sterilised?

Hi experienced mummies, can advise what cereal to introduce to bb 6mths old? besides cereal, anything can be added on? my bb is now 4mths, check now so when its time to introduce solid food, will not panic and know what to get. thks.

And, when u bring ur bb out, if bb dont want to drink milk, how do u all warm the milk? can recommend any milk bottle warmer (while travel). thks

Hi mummies

My EDD was Nov too. I had a boy. Was delivered at KKH. Can someone add me to your Nov 12 FB grp? Would like to meet some Nov mummies and share our baby's journeys especially crossing into the weaning phase soon! Thanks in advance!
happy.gif

[email protected]

Dear mummies,

I have 3 packs of Brand New Merries diapers (M size, taped) just bought a month ago.

I overstocked so am looking to sell these 3 packs. Selling at $20 per pack (retailing $26.95, 64 pcs). Buy all 3 packs at $57. Please PM me if interested. Self collect at Tampines, Bedok, Tanjong Pagar or Suntec (or can arrange to meet if near these areas).

Cheers!

Dear mummies,

Anyone keen to have baby/family shoot at Baby U studio? Am short of 2 mummies to form 10 pax to get 20% off packages. Anyone keen is to transfer $50 as deposit to me, then you may go and book the date and time with them on your own. Msg me (not WA) me at 98158556 if keen.

Back