ADVISE NEEDED: Dr KT Tan KKH

Hi,

My experience with Dr K T Tan was almost the same with your 1st feeling- fall up and fastrated for her cold and few words without explaination of the outcome. I try so hard to stick with her till I give birth to my 2nd child as i had some cases and Is better to have a Private Gynae for myself. So I stick to her way and slowly find her quite RESPOSIBLE to patient. Even thought she is speak less and so on.

I am worry of my medical bill and she did advise and help me out. I admitted hopital quite frequently at my 7 mths onward due to low planceta and bleeding. In and out of KKH for 3 times before I give birth. I choose the C wards and not suppose to be attended by any private Gynae but surprise me is that Dr K T Tan was the first Doctor visit me earily at 6.45am. What do you think of her? She even tell me that if I wants her to attend to me, I have to upgrade to B wards. I take up her suggestion after my 3rd admission.

Take care!

i was seeing KT tan and was delivered by her. I agree she's those talk less and dont even talk if everything is fine with you. Even if you've problem, she only tell you in direct and she even told me once "don't care about what happen to others, care about yourself will do". I didn't change gynae coz i think she's fast and experience, but i was pissed off after my delivery whereby i asked her question on my bb and she told off on my face that "if you worry about your bb, go see private clinic at level 1". I never see doctor like this, is true that they only see women but sometimes we mother do ask general question about bb especially after delivery we're so worried about bb well being. But i guess that's why she's so fast.....
Anyway i'll not go back to her for my second one, definitely! So what she's senior consultant? pay more to get cold face, i rather choose normal consultant whereby they tell you more and prepare you for your pregnancy. If monthly check up is only see whether you got complication, then i think no need see gynae liao coz we can just straight away go for ultrasound and routine check right?
My advice: don't see her, unless you're super experience pregie yourself i.e. delivered many times that already know what to do and expect .....

I just delivered my gal with Dr. Tan whom I'm comfortable with as she is very experience.

So even last min I had to C-sect I was not worried as I know she will do the best job in the stiching and she will not adivse me to wait longer as she knows it will only prolong the agony and distress the baby..

Glad to say, I was arranged for c-sect and delivered within 1.5 hrs from I 1st admitted. And my stiches was neat.

the daily visitation by her was also early (by 7am)+ short and sweet. She will ask the usual "any pain?" and the necessary advises she will give depending your delievery.

I think I dun need a doctor who pampers me too much becasue this is my #2 pregnancy, what i need is a docter who is decisive and knows whats is the best for her patient.

my both children were delivered by Dr K T Tan in year 1999 and 2001 respectively.

For my 1st delivery, i was admitted around 5.30am and Dr K T Tan was there @7am and i delivered @9am, a very fast and smooth delivery done by Dr Tan.

For my second delivery, Dr Tan was on leave, but the fact that her house is very near KK Hospital, she came and delivered for me. My placenta could not come out immediately on my 2nd delivery, and Dr Tan tried all her ways to get out the placenta or else my life would be in great danger.

And i also recommended 7 of my friends to Dr K T Tan. She is really a very experience doctor, she is very decisive and do things fast. She is not long winded as she do not want the new mummy to think too much too.

She also deals with other womens' problem like fibroid and etc.

At the end of the day, if you want yourself and the baby to be safe and sound, i will definitely choose her.

Hi, KT Tan delivered my first baby and was as usual chop chop. but she answered all my questions, I just have to get them ready as she's always so busy. during delivery, she's always around and I know i'm in good hands. she's really skilled and professional, concerned and always check on you despite the crazy hours. however, i had a miscarriage during my 2nd pregnancy and her PR skills just wasn't great, so the emotional me didn't feel comforted at all, just went through the D&C like it was a normal routine. ultimately i asked myself what kind of gynae i was looking for. I wanted someone who can assure me, answer my queries, and someone I can talk to and consult. so i decided to switch to dr JJ Chee. she met all my expectations! very reassuring, very professional and always coming to check on me during my labour for my baby that i've just delivered. try her!

hi all
KT tan delivered Kate on 20 May09. Very professional and my wound heal very well. Her stitches (according to my midwife whom check on me during my first few days back at home) has been done very well.
How I get to know her.
Had started seeing her during my 6th month pregnancy.
She was recommended to me by my boss and he did inform me that she is a straight forward, to the point lady. Dont expect her to PR with u. Ask her any questions, she will answer. But her tone has always lack those gentle element. That, you ought to take note and be mentally prepared. Agree that her consultation is swift which is what I look for - efficiency.why stay in the hospital for so long? It depends on your expectation like wat pinut has mentioned.

i had my boy delivered by dr k t tan aon 17 june. the stitching was well done, and i think she's a very hardworkin doctor by nature. went into hospital at 1am, nurses got instructions from her quickly and she came into hospital around 6am to see me and her other patients.

chance upon this thread. She delivered my #1 eight yrs ago and I promised NEVER to have anything to do with her. She is the worse gynae I have encountered. I'm ok with her cold and chop chop style.
She told me my bb is avg size. After 12hr of labour, my cervic didn't dilate and bb poo. I was shivering like mad coz of the side effect of epidural. I was also running a temp. She can still ask me to wait. In my half conscious state, I asked for c-sec. When the bb came out, I heard her comment, wow bb is big and ambilical cord is one round around the bb's neck!! Could u imagine what can happen if I would have waited as she had ordered?
What more, she did such a lousy jub with the stitching and I had to live with a long and ugly scar till my 2nd c-sec. A diff gynae did such a great "repair" job and now I could hardly see the scar. Also my recovery was so long and I was in pain for so long. Also c-sec for my 2nd child, I could sit up first day and start walking the 2nd day!. For my first, I couldn't even walk straight one wk after discharge from hospital. I truely believe is the skill of the gynae and in this case she is my nightmare.

( i find her from magazine or TV, i'm not so remember and see her for private )
i have see her before for my first child.
and i really find it very very hard and very very cold and unfeelling doctor i ever seen.
i'm not singaporean and she is my first gyn doctor in sing. after i seen her for 2 time. i pack all my thing, make payment and get out of KKH till now it's almost 8years i have not step in to KKH, thanks to her.
this type of doctor just do the job cost of money never use her heart!!!!!
and all my 3child none of them delivery here in sing, with doctor fee here so high and expensive and with that kind of standard and attitude thank you very much.....
my doctor in jkt it's much much experience and more kind and undertanding.
this is the type of doctor who used his heart, not just used they are brain to make money.

I have a scar from my C sec and it does look a bit off but I still thank Dr Tan for bringing the baby out safely into the world. She definitely gives a damn about every patient she has despite the short consultations and no smile no chit chat.

They are not selling smiles, they are selling their service, and I personally feel professionalism is number 1. What is the point of smiling and zero knowledge?

Also, another thing to add, I remember when I was studying my lecturer said this, when you go and see the doctor, remember this, Dr get 50% in exam is a pass, Dr gets 90% in exam also a pass but which Dr knows more? Answer is obvious.

I trust Dr Tan with the skills, maybe lack extreme friendliness but she is definitely very professional.

Oh btw, I went back to see her in Nov last year, 9 mts after I delivered to do pap smear and brought my fatty baby along, she laughed and told her nurse, wah, very fat hor.

So hor, mummies, sometimes if your doctor dont smile, you can find ways to make her smile. Everything also 2 ways, don't need to be too calculative just because we are paying them for their services.

Me too, I change to Eash Shore at last minute. Never give me scan photos unless I request. Even if I request, I still dun get it.

I visit Dr Heng at East Shore for one time and the following week I deliver.

I do not recommend Dr KT Tan of KKH, I think what I encountered was listed by other mummy already.

I have 'hate/love' feelings towards this Dr Tan. She delivered all my 4 bbs. Yes, she is 'tempermental' at times. The chop chop, don ask me too much kind of attitude got me piss some times. But i tell myself, BB & preg knowledge i can read up myself but to find a very skillful Dr is not easy. She just know the when, what, how at the right time in terms of medical. Nothing abt feelings/emotional.

I cannot deny her very professional skills & decisions to all my preg and i cannot deny that i feel very safe in her hand. That's why i choose her for all my preg. I just ignore the at times 'not friendly' face cos i know it is her, not me. Probably she's under a lot of stress... she has 3 kids and her work as a gynae with so many patients can be so overwhelmed. She probably has been sacrificing family time/personal life.

I only recommend her to friends who need skillful Dr and wouldn't mind no emotion / feelings attached.

Back