Dr Lawrence Ang @ Sembawang

Weishy,
u have to check wif LA lor..
good luck ya..

ahnet,
yalor.. where she went for holiday..? so enjoy ya..
how abt ur confinement.. very not comfortable rite.. well, time will fly very fast one..

mlai,
i think she went bangkok, if im nt wrong... i alrdy gave birth le, and stil got a week or so of confinement, yet she stil nt back ??? cannot be right? haha...

u got see her on msn these days mah?

hi babes,
mi back today liao... but going off again.. sibeh busy trying to settle stuff both locally and overseas..

me not on holiday lar... more like settling sch, housing n other stuff..

okie I saw sth abt meeting up... lets do it after I return from this coming trip.. which is prolly mid july.. LA cleared me to fly til end july but must show e ltr to airline company..

ahnet:congrats on the birth o ur lily boy.. so fast ur confinement ending soon.. haha.. so I really mia v long...

wendy: la delivers at mt a but depending on the swine flu cramp, dunno if they still enforce it to 1 hospital per doc. the bill is cheaper for mt a also.

ah ching
paiseh missed u out on earlier post... congrats to u too...

so exciting u guys all pop le... me patiently waiting for my turn. I returned last week to do a check b4 flying off... heng my boy turn le... so can natural give birth again.. wanna see him again b4 I fly this week but think he go hols liao. so will see him @ 34wks liao.. scary!!

ahnet: me not only flying to bkk.. now also flying to other places :p.. hahaha.. I see what I can get.. then share some loots w u guys
happy.gif

Hi Taslyn,

Thanks for well wishes. My boy doing full month celebration today.
Wow, cant believe it's almost a month since delivery.
I'm surviving on 2 hours of sleep a day now.
My boy wants to be carried from 12 am to 4 am every night but sleeps soundly in the day time.
Anyone got such a prob?

He also cry everytime he poos and farts. Does baby suffer from constipation.
BTW, he's on TBF.

Hi all,
I gave birth liao
happy.gif

Juz make an appointment to go back dr Ang clinic for review this Friday. I wonder what type of check up dr Ang will do during d review? Scan womb? Check d stictches? But I still hv a bit of menses le, will it b very messy? I forgot d stitches need to remove?

Ah Ching
try not to let him sleep esp during late evening time.. also wake him up in the morning eg 8-ish to reset his daily time clock... then slowly work him into a routine...

if he is poo-ing daily or regularly it is not a problem, prolly too much air in his tummy. try using yu yee oil or minyak telon and wrap his tummy. or give some gripe water or rid wind. it helps.. when he gonna poo or farts, rub his tummy downwards as it helps him to poo better. unless his poo is hard (unlikely for TBF and 1 mth old).

Yen
me also visiting Dr Ang this friday morning for my 35th wk checkup... hehehe
He will scan the womb to check if there are any residues of placenta (which is unlikely), then check the episiotomy wound for recovery too....
the stitches are self dissolving so dun have to worry abt having to remove it.
for me, if i still have lochia, i try to clean it b4 i see him lor.. else paiseh mah.. but i guess he is used to it.

me still waiting to give birth.. walking is so diff now.. sian.. n so tired now i got no energy to do anything... much less to log on.. haha

Hi Taslyn,

Going to give birth soon hor, then will be like us.
No sleep and no life liao. Ha Ha.
Anyway better take care now during late pregnancy

I havent gone for my postnatal check up, guess must find time.

BTW, what do you do when BABY is awake. Usually I talk to him but there is just so little to say

Ah Ching
I have been living thi8s life since #1 is out liao woh... hehehe

as for sleep, i tot newborn sleep almost 20hrs a day.. then they wake up and stare stare? my ger got into routine quite fast and she will guai guai sleep at night by the time she was 6 weeks old.

initially i play with bb, talk to her lor... but below 3 mths nothing much to do with bb coz they are so small n fragile..

i will take toys n play with my ger when she was smaller. on radio and play music to her..
u can try some activities here :http://www.babycenter.com/baby-games-activities

ard 4-5mths can start on flash cards and dvds.
now i teaching my ger to stand and walk.. hopefully she can take some steps by the time didi is out.
happy.gif

Hi All,

Just a query here..i'm seeing dr ang for my 2nd pregnancy and yes like everyone says hes very chop chop. busy doc. But i don't really mind since its the 2nd one and i want to save money.

Only thing i wanted to ask is how accurate is his gender "prediction" during the 16th week scan?

I feel like my 1st gynae scanned very long and even showed us our son's pvt part. Dr ang simply look a few times and say its a girl for this current baby. Is it just his expertise that makes him see what baby is it so fast or what? I think he scanned like a minute only.

So what was it like for you guys who have given birth? Was he right in the gender?

I'm okay with both gender babies but i'd love a girl. So inside i want to celebrate yet don't dare because i'm afraid he might be wrong haha.

Amby

i seen him once... he is not my gynae. when to c him cos i not feeling well tat day and i lazy to travel to TMC to see my gynae.

at the same time i ask him bout the gender... he also scan veri fast... he say is a boy. i cnat even c the private part too..

so during the detail scan at TMC, its really a boy.=)

amby
yeah dr ang is very chop chgop.. but he knows his stuff well de lor..

for my ger.. he predicted her sex at 14wk.. n at detailed scan it was really a ger

for my boy, at 15wk, he could tell mi that he was 70% sure it is a boy liao... he briefly told us he could see the pte part and showed us and true enuff, it is a boy...

i m not sure how he does it.. but for both my kids, he was a spot on lor

Oscar, hehe abit too late to ask him how he determine already..

choco/taslyn: i think the only benefit was my baby was sleeping with legs open. So he saw and immediately he said "looks like a girl". after probably staring at the screen more, he just off and said "ok its a girl.."

But after the scan before i left the room, i did ask him how accurate his scan is, he said 75%. and detail scan is 90% accurate. He was so busy on that day that he didnt even look up and answer.

i guess i'm so paranoid cause for my first kid i really wanted a girl and cried during my ultrasound when i was told i'm having a boy. so this baby i really dare not even hope for a girl.

Sigh..its gonna be a long wait till the detail scan. But for fun sake, i'll def write here if he was right or wrong!

I would say he is quite accurate..coz for both my bubs he could tell way before the detailed scan wats the gender. But of course to protect himself, sure got disclaimer eg. may be a finger etc. usually gal is more certain coz see nothing there means nothing. but if boy, may be a finger lo..haha

amby
lol... bb legs wide open.. definitely easier to see...
fyi, for my case, both bb, legs are closed.

agree with babyqwert, even if he is very sure abt the gender, he will still have "disclaimer". but when u go back to him after the detailed scan, he will check with u again to ask if he has predicted the gender correctly and will BEAM when he is correct.. hehe

babyqwert, i think boys also easier to see cause something sticking out. i remember for my first one, even before my gynae say anything, i was like omg, i saw something! and she smiled and said Yes it is Something. haha

taslyn, true about the disclaimer, i guess all gynaes will be like that. I hope dr ang is right, but even if its a boy i think i'll accept it cause in my mind i all the way think its a boy so it will be easier to accept. But for you legs closed and yet he manage to find ah..shows that hes gd.

I guess experience pays off. I hope dr ang is right though for my case.
happy.gif

amby
haha good luck and hope ur bb is the gender u wish for bah...

for my #1, at detailed scan, the lady was not even sure til she detected my ger's ovaries.. so i really marvel at how dr ang can deduce so fast in matter of secs..

Any Dec 2010 mum with Dr.Ang? Understand that he is going for holiday in mid Dec.
Anyone know his recommended replacement?

Anyone had similar experience last year or last few years?

i was delivered by Dr Ang in Dec 2009. Same to you that im almost due and he went for holiday and told me to look for his replacement shld i were to give birth when he is not ard, sigh...

but i told my boy not to come out so soon as i dun wan to be delivered by his replacement. So my next appt date will be the day when he came back
happy.gif

tell your bb not to come out so soon if you do not wan to be delivered by his replacement. Is your due the week he is on holiday or later?

Dr. Ang delivered my girl for me last nov. I find him quite nice and friendly but really can't stand the long waiting time at his clinic. Sometimes wait so long even with an appointment and go in 5mins come out le.

But can tell he's really very very experienced type.
happy.gif

Back