Baby Cot or Play Pen

laurenyeo

Hi! Need some advice from expert mothers here...

I'm considering if I should get a baby cot (which is so expensive), or a multiple use play pen that can be used for sleeping, nappy change and as a play pen when my baby grows bigger.

Any advice, pls?

Thks.

im also having the same consideration...

but a play pen doesnt seem to be v stable?

i haf seen baby cots that has 5-in-1 use...next time can convert into playpen too...at $299 only

Hi girls! definitely baby cot! when the baby grows up, there is no way they want to be contained in a play pen anyways! get a baby cot that can convert to baby bed later! have fun shopping!

I have both and baby only use the playpen for 1 month, from there onward, he is unwilling to spend time there. Baby cot will be good, until now, he still happy to be sleeping, dressing, playing..

HI mummies,

I have a BRAND NEW COT 5 in 1 up for sale.
Bought for $359. Willing to let go at $250 + Mattress + self collect.

Colour: Dark Brown
Mattress: still in packaging
Dimension: 28" x 52" x 4"

PLs Contact me at 98007761
TQ

hi I have both cot and playpen.
I will advise getting cot cos playpen is unstable can can only withstand babies up to 6 ~ 8 kg. your baby will quickly outgrow it (for sleeping). For my case, my baby doesn't like to sleep in the playpen even when he was just 2 weeks old. It was quite warm and stuff. and the backing is not solid. so in the end, we changed to cot and he had better and longer sleep since then.
But we are still keeping the playpen for him to play in when he gets older.
Hope this helps!

Hi,

I just bought a 2nd hand moses basket for my baby to sleep during the first few months. Dun really wana let the baby sleep in the cot as we cannot move the cot around the house especially during my confinement. With a moses basket, at least my mum (confinement lady) and I can monitor the baby around the house.

My relatives have handed down their cot when I only intend to use it after 3 months when the baby have outgrown the cot.

I guess owning a cot or playpen really depends on your mobility schedule. If you need to travel around between different places e.g. in-laws place, parents' place etc, owning a playpen can be helpful.

Hubby and i are having a hard time to decide whether to get a Playpen/bassinet or a baby cot. We were thinking of getting a playpen as baby will be staying with MIL after i return back to work, thus wanted something light so that it will be easier for MIL to move it around in her house.

Any particular brand/model to recommend?

is all baby cot the same size?
i saw the px usually $299 and u, does this px also a norm to incl free mattress, x no. of pieces of bedlining, n delivery n assembly?

where to get the baby cot is the best in term of px n quality?

wat to look out for when choosing a baby cot?

Hi,
I'm a JAN09 Mom...
Not all baby cot size is the same, some are 2X4Feet.. some bigger,smaller etc, depending on different company!
You should look out for the material , whether the paint is toxic free or not, The joints connecting the mattress support to the frame, whether is strong and durable? How many heights adjustment? etc
I bought mine while doing a Weekend shopping in JB Jusco Aeon City, white 2X4feet... only cost me Rm280/ Abt SG$116 W/O matteress. intro by my relative which her cot, the same model, have already pass down to 2 babies..
check out this website, http://www.sweetcherry.com.my/products_play_yard.php?currentmenu=1
the one I bought is the baby cot in white, comes with wheels too. The real cot looks better thou than the web.. more stable and steady.
Wherelse, in SG, some cots which I hav survey in the past in all the baby products hypermart cost arounf $200 and above, and the same quality.. those $400 and above ones are using better wood such as timber and teak which are very durable, and I don't think its nessasary cus aft 3-5 years, even thou this cot is still usable, I rather buy my kid a new bed frame, rather than transfer her cot into a single bed.

At this period of $$ crisis time, where $$$/+ quaility have to really take in consideration, have to go accross to JB to get daily stuff.

I'm intending to get another good quality Latex Mattress for the cot putting in my inlaws, getting from my relative who owns a pharmacy in malaysia which sells baby products and can help me to order at a cheaper price... got the 1st one for Rm349.00/ Abt SG145. where else in SG one cost about$190 -$200plus here + delivery charges, furthermore the ones they are selling in SG comes from malaysia too.

i wonder if all mommies will let the child sleep in the cot which is transformed into toddler bed?

if not, paying $200+ for baby cot is not worth the money rite?

sigh....still in a dilemma...

To transfer Cot to todller bed type normally more than $200 plus, some I came across almost more than $500 plus.. dats y personally I feel when comes to the choice of baby cots, its our choice for the baby. but when the times come for my kid to have their own bed, I think they will be happier to choose their own bed.. imagine I've pay so much for a 2-in 1 cot+ bed... and when its time my kid learns to make choice to their like & dislikes, they will cry and say, Mummy mummy, I wan a superman bed, or a princess type... u noe, kids alws like new things, they don't undersand that their cot which accompany them for their babyhood are still in good quality and good shape. And in the end have to give that cot+bed away, or hopefully use it for the next BB... but nevertheless, there are some kids who have the "I only like my old smelly pillow, snif & snif then can sleep" mentallity. will wan to sleep back in their old cot... but dat seldom happens in terms of bed and cot...
Just my point of view...

To transfer Cot to todller bed type normally more than $200 plus, some I came across almost more than $500 plus.. dats y personally I feel when comes to the choice of baby cots, its our choice for the baby. but when the times come for my kid to have their own bed, I think they will be happier to choose their own bed.. imagine I've pay so much for a 2-in 1 cot+ bed... and when its time my kid learns to make choice to their like & dislikes, they will cry and say, Mummy mummy, I wan a superman bed, or a princess type... u noe, kids alws like new things, they don't undersand that their cot which accompany them for their babyhood are still in good quality and good shape. And in the end have to give that cot+bed away, or hopefully use it for the next BB... but nevertheless, there are some kids who have the "I only like my old smelly pillow, snif & snif then can sleep" mentallity. will wan to sleep back in their old cot... but dat seldom happens in terms of bed and cot...
Anywaya, Just my point of view... hope it helps!

definately baby cot which is safer and firmer and better for the bb back.
if u are intending to have at least 2 why not invest in a gd cot, over time it averages to quite reasonable amount

anyway i dont find playpen that effective after 1 yr old or when the kid can stand/ walk cos they can attempt to lean too much and cause it to topple.

wat brand of playpen did u all buy?

how much and where?

does it comes together w/ mattress?

wat to look out for when buying one?

i know there r many sizes, the bigger the better?

Hi jan jan,

I just bought a playpen for my coming to 3 mth old daughter to facilitate my MIL to take care of her when I am back to work..
Bought it from BHG, during the baby fair promo.. brand is 'BabyCraft'.. it came with free mattress..
I just opened it today and now she is sleeping in it..
happy.gif

Those who wish to buy baby cot, can check out Taka Baby Fair which is ongoing now till 13 Sep. They got some good buys there that comes with free mattress, delivery, assembly & bedding.

I bought my 5 in 1 Baby Cot at expo fr Motherhood Exhibition @ $299 with 3' Latex Mattess & bedding & free delivery.I think it is a good deal.Maybe u can check out the baby fair if there is any good buy

Hi Mummies, sorry to ride on this post. I am letting go of full set of bedding stuff in a package. Esp good for 1st time mummy who is looking. All items use for about 6 mths. Asking for $200 for all the following items. Free delivery in North East area.

- Ikea Baby Cot
- Baby Safe Latex Matress
- Baby Safe matress protector
- Baby Safe infant pillow with 2 covers
- Assino Baby set (4 fitted sheet, 2 sets of Bumper guard, comforter)

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/449183/3809511.html?1270362113

Hi, need help ASAP. I have bought a BoBo house baby cot 5 in 1 from motherhood exhibition a couple of year back. I just shifted house and found that some screws are missing. I saw some of the postings that there are mummies who bought the same cot. I just need the company name and the contact number of the supplier as I have lost the invoice so that I can ask for replacement nails

hello to all mummys..

personally i bought one BB cot for my little boy..he is still sleeping in it now @ his 8 months old..=)

i had bought my bb cot @ S$299 from BoBo house. very useful, somemore its 5 in 1..its with free mattress n delivery also...a great deal i had...

Back