Baby's knees turn black due to crawling

sunglow

Hi mummies

My baby girl has been crawling for 3 months and recently come to realise her knees are a bit darker in colour compared to other parts of the legs. She is already wearing long pants while crawling, so my question is will the knee colour turn back to normal after she starts to walk or is there anything I can do more to prevent it to discolour somemore?

Thanks.

sunglow:hi there again
happy.gif
tot ur girl is 13 months old????should be walkign by now?????
happy.gif

can use thick socks looooo cut the toe area part away and use it as the socks called "baby legs" mayeb can protect ehr knees better

Hi Weishy

Thanks for responding...I have waited for a while someone to reply...

Urr...My daughter can't walk yet, only cn cruise with holding on to furniture and wall...so do I have to train her to walk?

You mean your girl already walked by 13 months...wow! Sometimes she would hold on to my legs to walk but will then sit down on the floor and crawl...so do I have to hold her hands and lead her to walk? Any other better ways?

Thanks.

Dear mothers or mothers-to-be, if you are looking for an experienced nanny, feel free to contact my mom by sending me a personal message.

My mom has a lot of experience taking care of children as well as newborn. willing to take care for day and night.

Hi Sunglow,

Try letting her stand and walk on the mattress or bed. My boy started walking few steps on the bed..coz he knows when he falls, it doesnt hurt!
At 11mths old, he started walking on the floor.

Now he just turned 1yrs old, am walking very steadily. : )

Hi Mummyfel

My girl is walking now....somehow and sometime at 14+ months, she just walked when we hold her hands and then one day we let go of her hands and then she walked....cute!

Tahanks for the advice...

is it neccessary for baby to put on knee protector before they start to crawl around, so as to prevent their knees from darkening??

When i hve #1, i bought the knee protector too. But coz of the padding, its kinda hot and stuffy, my #1 got heat rashes behind his knees... So for #2, I put aloe vera all over the body and extra for face, knees and elbows for my 9mths old gal after bath and b4 bedtime.
happy.gif

Back