Baby Carrier vs Baby Sling

yammummy

Which is better for newborn onwards? Baby Carrier or Baby Sling (especially for both father's and mother's use)?

What brand is good and recommended - for either baby carrier or baby sling?

Thanks for sharing your experience and feedback!

Candice,
I used the ring sling when newborn, then switched to the Ergo carrier once DS could hold his own neck uprite at abt 5 months.

HB doesnt like the ring sling. And the normal Ergo couldnt fit around his wide girth! best to get the sport version if HB is also using the Ergo.

candice :me too about the same :0 btu uses BECO after girl's neck is more supportive
happy.gif
sling is ligth weighe to carry around and soemtimes act as a shade for stroller or blanket for bb in aircon areas
happy.gif

I think pros of sling is easy to use if u're breastfeeding when u're on the go.. However, can be very tiring as the weight is on one shoulder.. so I may be considering getting a carrier for this baby...hmmm

I think slings are great for newborns till 3 or 4 mths old. After that, baby's weight places quite a strain on the back. So I switched to baby carrier after that.

Having said that, I think it also depends on the baby. My 2nd one was superhappy in the MIM sling and he adapted well to the carrier. (My 1st one I didnt carry often, only hubby did when we went out. Told hubby that I alrdy carried him for 9 mths, so he muz do his bit of carrying.) Now our 3rd (he's 2 mths old) does not really like the sling. He's quite a fussy baby who likes to be carried. So I'm thinking of getting a carrier that's suitable for younger infants cos I think the ones we have are more for older babies.

Hi jan jan
was using Chicco baby carrier for my bb girl from 6 weeks until close to 3 months.

Have stopped using it as she doesnt like it anymore. Prob due to her fatty thigh which kinda make her feel uncomfortable in the carrier.

The price is reasonable. About $80 in kiddy palace (if my memory serves me well)

hi jan jan
I got it as a gift and started using in when kate is 6 wks. However, am not using it that often anymore as kate does not feel comfortable in it
Could be because she has fat thighs.

the carrier is rather reasonable. I think abt $80 in kiddy palace. However, the max weight the carrier can carry is only up to 9 kg.

I've been using the Chicco Go Baby Carrier since my son was about 6 weeks until he was close to 11mths. He was still under 9 kg at that time.
happy.gif
Bought it at a sale from Isetan in Apr 08 for something like $45 I think.

anyone using chicco "You & Me Baby Carrier-Physio Comfort"? any comments?

kate,
so chicco carrier only can use for several mths bah, is it worth the $80?

mrs N,
hw do u find chicco Go Baby Carrier? can bb face front? how's the ur back support?

janjan my hubby & I got on very well with the 'Go'. I find prams too bulky so the 'Go' was usually my main means of transporting my son when we are out and about. My son used to sleep in it when he was younger. What I like best about it is the cuddle pocket, a place for you to put your hands in to support your baby. Yes baby can face front when they're about 6 mths.

Hi dear all mummies to be
happy.gif

I am from Aug's mum.

I have a few items wanna let go:
-avent electric single pump
-disposable bra pat
-bottles
-a 2 day old New Yau Lan(auto)
-Baby sling
Pls PM if interested
happy.gif

Sling good for when they are new borns up to 4 months. After that when they can support the neck, carrier is good.

For sling, I used a Moms in Mind. And for Carrier I used Ergo. Strongly recommend it as it gives good support.

Back