Good Obstetrician To Introduce?

dtsmummy

hi,

im still looking for a good obstetrician to go to who is able to deliver my baby either in TMC or MAH. anybody has good experiences with their obs to share? also kindly comment on the cost please...

thanks in advance,
dtsmummy =)

My gynae is Dr Wong Mun Tat from TMC Bukit Gombak. His clinic is directly opp gombak mrt. He is very nice and im currently seeing him for my second one.

Dr Douglas Ong , he can deliver at MAH or MEH . He got a clinic in Mt E and another night clinic think at Ten Miles or Bukit Panjang . I still seeing him for my no.3 now . My 2 sister in laws also see him . Good n Patient and detailed .

piggym: i stay near west coast area. =)

thanks zolldoll and foocj for your advice. =)

any recommendations on female obs?

DTS
I heard Prof Mary Rauff at NUH is quite good. My fren had both her kids with her and she is pro normal birth. It's near your house also. Why don't u have an appt and see how she is
happy.gif

I'm currently with Prof Mary Rauff at Nuh. She's very experienced and gentle. Good with complicated pregnancy. But long waiting time.

hi, i go to dr sim lee ngor who delivers either at TMC or MAH. she charges $700 for pre-natal package from 12 weeks onwards and i think, $800 for normal delivery and $1500 for c-section. she is very experienced, delivered all 4 kids for my friend. she doesn't tell you useless information to stress you, very matter-of-fact so that you feel reassured.

Hi, yes i go to Dr Sim Lee Ngor @ TMC too!! Very nice patience & reassurance Dr (like eliora mentioned). Now im still seein her for my no 2. =) Her staffs are also very nice & helpful too. =D

Hi, i am very new to tis. I went to a obstetrician but her rates were kinda steep. 800 for pre-natal package from 12 weeks onwards and i think, $1200 for normal delivery and $2200 for c-section. ALl these do not include a lot a lot of stuff like operating theatre or watsoever needed that i dun know.
I am looking for a female 0bstetrician. I stay in the north east. I wish to deliver in MAH. can you help to recommend and if u know a rough range of the rates, pls let me know. Thank you.

hi
My gynae is Dr Patricia Sim from The Lady Gynae , she can deliver at MA and her clinic is at ME. She is a very exp gynae , my three kids (one 5 yrs old and a set of twins)were delivered by her through c section , can u imagine , i can stand and walk the next day aft i delivered she is so good and she is a gynae who is very careful and very sure abt things , I managed to carry my twins till week 38 with her help and the nurses at her clinci are all very nice .

Hi Ong,

I just visited Dr Sim for my first pregnancy.
Was told that her bills, you have to accumulate. If yours is w/o complications, at the end of the day, it is deductible and you pay around $400 in cash...she also seems a very nice doc.

Been doing some research online. KKH seems to have a high percentage of c-sect which will skyrocket your bill.

I used the same OBGYN for both my pregnancies and deliveries. Dr Lai Fon-Min (Camden Medical) delivers at MAH & TMC. I birthed at MAH both times.

Hi all,

I am under Dr Sim Lee Ngor too and yup yup i agree with all the other mummies that she is a great doc and she do not stress you out unneccesarily. My parents commended her services on being there for me when i was warded for my miscarriage altho she din need to be there coz we saw her the day before. She dont push you to make decisions and very patient to let you decide. She understood our wish to have our bb born complete even tho he has already passed away and therefore did not push us to go for D/C.

I would love to take her again if i am pregnant again but hubby has phobia of TMC lei. Haiz ... he says gng to TMC reminds him of the day he lost our first son. Unfortunately dr sim's clinic is in TMC itself.

Hi mtbs,
I am thinking of changing my gynae from KKH to private. My friend also recommended Dr Patricia Sim. In her case, she also did C-sec. BUt I just want to find out, is she pro-csec? Cos' I am looking for someone who is pro-natural birth. Also her charges, will anyone be able to give me a rough guide to her charges? Thanks

Hi,

I m Yvonne, new comer..... May I know who can recommend good gynae from Mount Alvernia Hospital?
I think MA is one of cheapest price for maternity packege, m I right?

Hee... Pat Sim is my sec classmate's mum, if I'm not wrong.
I'm with Dr Sim LN. Not complaints. Nice doctor. I decided not to go KK cos the care there is not personal. Feel like one of the sheep.

Just went to see Dr Patricia Sim @ Mount E after reading the review above and was disappointed. Will be going to someone else for subsequent appointments... Can PM me if any MTBs is interested to find out!

Back