Advice on Breast pump / Milk Bottles / Milk Bags / Sterilizer?

Hi,
does anyone use Avent manual pump before? Wonder if the suction is good and let down fast?? Any advice?? i needed one quite urgently...

Hi Peggy,

I've used the Avent single & dual electric pump. The suction is pretty good and with the cushioning effect, it is not so painful. However I would encourage u to get the electric one as it is more convenient and less tiring for u.

Hi Peggy,

I am using Avent manual pump. It is good (in terms of suction). In fact, i have started work and used it to pump at work. So far so good.

Thanks Caitlin & yasminelala! But Medela PIS has so many good review, thinking of buying PIS but is so expensive... previously using Pigeon Electric pump, am so disappointed cos can't pump at all.

I'm not sure if the offer is still on at KKH, The First Years, but I bought my Medela PIS new model there for 599. Good buy and the staff actually would teach you how to use it. I am not due yet but they told me that after my birth I can go back and they will teach me how to use the PIS again. They were very friendly and helpful and it comes in 2 types of bags, backpack and sling. Its so much more cheaper and can even being back to the shop if there are any problems as they import directly from the states I believe.

Dear all,

I have a medela PIS to sell, used only for less than 2 months, bought in Nov 08. Bought it as had difficulty latching baby. Express to feed her instead. Lately, managed to master how to latch her so not using the pump any more. This advanced PIS is selling at $754 in market. Willing to let go at much cheaper price. Details of my PIS is available at http://www.mumsfairy.com/product_info.php/products_id/32. Feel free to email me at [email protected]. Thanks.

Hi folks, it's been awhile i haven't come in to chat with you guys. How is everything?

Do many of you are still breastfeeding? I had started to extract milk and bottle feed my kids since 5th mth after birth. So,I have the silicone nipple shield (pigeon) which i bought before my confinement. I would like to sell it in half price, SGD4.00 (original SGD7.20).
Anyone interested, pls check out http://fountaingift-helpinghands.blogspot.com/.

thanks.

hi mummies,

i just switched from avent to nuk, so i've got a 2 week old sterilizer, 3 brand new 9oz bottles and 10 brand new storage cups for sale. willing to let go at cheap price, interested mummies please drop me an email at [email protected]. thanks!

Hi...

I need advice... I am using the brands glass bottle to store EBM. BUt i was told by my friend that the cap is poisionous if reuse again. So, is it still safe to store EMB using the Brands glass bottles?
If not i have to source for alternatives.

Thanks

hi kang kong,

I hv been using milk bags & avent storage cups which comes in 2 different sizes: 6oz (180ml) & 8oz (240ml). Some hv mention avent storage cups can only be re-used a few times but I hv re-using it again and again since ard 3mth plus ago and so far so good. However the storage cups takes quite up alot of space in the freezer hence am also using milk bags to store my EBM as it can save up more space in the freezer however milk bags doesnt come cheap as is only for 1 time usage so I find avent storage cup more economical in long term. Hope this help
happy.gif

HI Nyonya, in that case how many storage cups to buy as i am putting my baby in infant care.
I have already expressed quite a number of milk into the brands bottles... Can i still continue to feed that to my baby?

2104471.jpg

Hi Kang Kong,

Perhaps u can buy a box which hv 10 pcs of 6oz cups with lids & 10 pcs of 8oz cups with lids at 38.60, sometimes the departmental stores hv 20% discount so end up u only pay ard 31.00 per box.
If u need more later, then buy it...cos I also went bck to the departmental stores a few times to buy it as it wasnt enuff. I hv nvr tried using brands bottles to store my EBM, if you hv tried using the EBM from the brands bottles, why not use it for the last time or else those EBM will be a waste to discard. Let me know if u need me to the send u the pics of the avent storage cups.

HI Nyonya..

Thanks for your advice.
I will be buying the cups tomorrow.. as i need to stock up now before i start work after CNY.

Cheers!

Hi mummies

I have the following for sale

1) full set of the Medela Harmony pump (used only once) + Brand new (opened) membane valve (1pc) & Brand new membranes (3 pcs) all selling at $50

2180799.jpg

2) BN valve & membrane set selling at $28 (retail price ~$30)

2180800.jpg

3) NUK standard neck bottles without teats (Used only once)
- 4pcs x 125ml + 2pcs x 250ml selling at $40

2180801.jpg

Self collection at AMK or SengKang train station.

Interested please pm me.

Hi all,

I've 2 boxes (56tablets/box) of Pureen Sterilising Tablets to let go. Got it from Kiddy Palace @ $8.10 each.
3302676.jpg
However, I've used 4tablets at work. Now that I quit my job, I will not need it already since I can use my steamer at home.

I'm selling at $12 for 2boxes (56+52 tablets), free postage or self-collect at TPY Hub.
Interested please PM me.

<font color="119911">hi mummies..
personally i have used medela pis advanced since my #1 &amp; later on when #2 came onboard..it was really a gd investment &amp; i was glad to hv decide on a gd pump frm the start of my bfg career..

however, purchasing a breastpump will be ideal nearer to the edd so in case it's a local set, the warranty will start near to ur edd..

as for sterilizer..i hv choosen pigeon..i guess for this, it's not as tough since the main focus is to sterilizer the bottles or the breastpumps...

i have used avent liners (since #1 times'), playtex liners &amp; lansinoh..it depends on ur ease of storage &amp; also if ur caretaker is comfortable with the mode of storage..

meanwhile, do hope all mummies will breastfeed as long as u can..

althou it can be tiring..but surely rewarding..
tell urself u can, and u will be able to do it..</font>

Hi mummies,

Looking for female aged 30 to 45 years old who has at least 1 kid aged 4 to 12 years old and purchased &amp;/or consumed diary products like milk, cheese, butter etc for the household.

Group discussion on 24th Nov (2.45pm &amp; 5.45pm) or 25th Nov (2.45pm &amp; 5.45pm) depending which criteria you fit in. 2 hours. Location in Orchard Road.

$100 cash incentive. Must speak good english. Interested, please sms me at 9189 2420. Hope to hear from you!

Hey, my research company is looking for MOTHERS with kids aged 3 to 12 years old to do a 40-mins 1 to 1 interview either on 28th (Sat) or 29th (Sun). Any Race.
My office is located at Harvey Road (Macpherson) which is near to Tai Seng (8 mins walk) or Aljunied (Bus 62 - 10mins away) MRT.
We are paying $35 cash for your feedback.
If you are interested, please SMS me your FULL NAME, AGE &amp; AGES OF KIDS to 91892420 ASAP!

Back