Advice on cleaning toys

moon_mommy

Hi Mummies out there,

Does anyone care to give some advice on how to clean the toys to ensure that they are safe for baby's use? And how often shd these toys be cleaned or washed?

We hv some toys which comes with both cloth-material parts as well as "electronic" parts which we put in the batteries. Hence i'm not sure what's the best method to clean or sterilise these toys?

To ensure cleanliness, do you all also keep the toys in a box or something? I suppose it's not good to leave the toys lying around on the floor?

Thanks!

what i do is to . use a cloth only for cleanin toys put in water mix with white vinegar and wipe your toys. vinegar can kill germs plus u dun have to worry if your kids put the toys in the mouth. better than dettol i feel.

I would wash the toys with the bottle washing detergent. For those battery operated ones, I use wet wipes to clean.

i use the pigeon bottle detergent to wash the toys and dentol with hot water to wipe the floor mat and toy shelfs. dun knw if its correct..

Hi Hazehaya,

Will be good if you select toys that can't be taken apart, sturdy and versatile (unisex).

As for cleaning, I usually squirt some mild hand soap/antebacterial soap on a towel, run it under water, squeeze it dry before wiping the toys/stroller. I find that direct use of antibacterial products damage the skin.

What you can do with lots of toys (those that you need to keep aside) is to place them into crates/boxes and throw a spare bedsheet to cover over to prevent dust from settling. Works well if your kids have lots of toys and you do rotating (keeping some and taking them out again after some time).

Back