Baby Carrier : Ergo vs Beco

camellia

Hi,

Has anyone used these two carriers? What's the difference between the two? Please share your experience.

Thanks.

Hi,

I have tried ergo @ metro, its reali light & easy to use, but find it too big for me. It fits my hubby better.

Beco has nicer prints, but have not tried though, would appreciate mummies who have tried the butterfly series give their feedback. Thanks!

The ergo carrier is really good on the back. I bot one for my trip to bk and was a breeze carrying my heavy baby. Because of the good support, you can actually carry child up to 15kg or more, if you want. I swear by ergo.

Krisci,

I bought 'Sleepy Wrap' - US brand, carrier.

1 size fits all. it's 1 pc of fabric. so, can fit small or big size person. also, suitable from New born to toddler. quite comfortable, as you can make the shoulder area fabric cover the whole shoulder.

plus, you can breast feeding when baby is inside, and no need extra cover.

more info: www.sleepywrap.com

1810271.jpg
1810272.jpg

Hi we hv the beco and its great...nt so tiring when u hv to carry ur baby fro a long time and of cso design looks much better

i used the ergo with my first son and just bought a beco which i am now using with my month old. the ergo is very good for big babies and toddlers but not so great with infant. beco gives more support. but otherwise i find both very good. my only complaint about the beco is that it attracts a lot of fluff (lint and dust).

btw, JJ, may i ask where you got your sleepy wrap from?

I have both d ergo & beco butterfly 2. Main difference for me is that ergo is slightly easier to put on & take off on my own. As for the fabric, beco has really nice prints & feels softer. I use ergo only in air con places & beco if I need to be outdoors. Hope this info helps.

i have both and i love both..main diff is that beco is slim however have to play with the tsraps which sometimes is a hassle..ergo is bulky..however very sim0ple to put on and off.
:D

hi mummies,

I'm trying to decide on which of these 2 carriers to get, an Ergo or a Beco Butterfly 2. Anybody knows where I can go to try them on first before I make the decision? It'll be most helpful. Thks in advance!

I have a beco butterfly 2 which is made from organic materials and it's much softer than the rest of the carriers I have used. The buckles takes a bit of getting used but baby's weight is more manageable with this carrier i feel

I love my ergo. Gives us so much mobility and heaps easier to put on than beco. Also it's more padded and comfy. And cheaper.
happy.gif

I've owned both. Sold my Ergo after a brief use cos preferred Beco. Still have my Beco which needs to be sold, just haven't gotten round to doing so. Anyone interested, pls PM me. It's very new. Didn't use much, only for travelling, mostly been sitting around in my cupboard.

Beco
-better for smaller sized parents. Ergo straps are wide (they will slip off narrow shoulders more easily) and bulky (big fat straps on a small frame just isn't as comfortable as on a bigger person). The padding around the hips is also much slimmer.
-much more compact. Can stuff in handbag. Ergo needs bigger bag.
-cooler. Material is cooler and cos there's less material and padding.
-looks MUCH nicer than Ergo.
-Better back support for kid as the cloth runs higher up their backs. But warmer for kid's back.

If you are small or slim, heat-sensitive, concerned about aesthetics, don't like lugging something bulky, then go for Beco. Otherwise, Ergo has more padding so more confortable when using on bigger/heavy child.

I'm loving my month-old Ergo, wont step out of the house without it (and baby of cos!) I'm only abt 1.53m tall but I guess my shoulders r wide enough to accomodate the straps.

Because of the padding, I can even carry my 2yo n 3yo boys comfortably when they need a bit of comforting (or when they get a bit jealous of their 5mo bro constantly being close to me).

It's a breeze to put on. But mind there's a little bit of stretching to be done when the chest straps are to be fastened at the back when baby is worn in front. My main concern is that I dont cause an embarrassing tear on the underarm of my shirt, so a loose fitting shirt/blouse is necessary. =)

Anyone interested to get a brand new and 100% real BECO at a much cheaper price ( >$200 ) ?

I know a supplier who is willing to give that discount if we buy 5pcs and above shipped to our doorstep ahh!!!!

PM me for details.

Hi mummies,

Anyone letting go preloved Beco Gemini, budget around $120 it depends on the condition.
Pls pm me. Thanks.

Back