IVF Mummies

Jeni
Take care
happy.gif
When ur edd?

stumbled _by
I have been mia for quite sometime as my boi is getting more attn.
Tomorrow I will be doing FET for one last time. Wish me <font color="ff0000">*LUCK* </font>

Stacy,
good luck to you!
Keep us posted ok?
My EDD is 10th Aug, my boi's birthday!
This Saturday, I will be testing for gestational diabetes. Hope everything goes well.

jeni,

wats bronchitis ? Anyway, you mean your 2 children may potentially have same birthday! So interesting..

stacy,

jiayou. Lie down as much as possible, for first few days.

stunmbled by,
bronchitis is the inflammation of the windpipe area, a stage before pnuemonia.
Yes, potentially, my 2 boys may have the same birthday if my 2nd boy can stay in me till 40 weeks but I doubt so as my first boy came out in 37th weeks. Usually, the 2nd one will come out around the same time or earlier (I hope not).

Stacy, how are you feeling now? Just take it easy. This time round, I only have full bed rest on the 1st day of FET. After that, I didn't as I had to take care of my boy. So, not to worry too much if you have to take care of your boy and can't have bed rest for too many days, just try not to carry him too much. How many embies did you put in this time round?

<font color="ff0000">Thanks Thanks all for your well wishes</font>
happy.gif
I did my transfer and didnt have much bed rest leh, different from last time as I need to take care of my boi. My hb is on leave but I still very KPO and worried he cannot handle well.. opps didn't lie down alot and I even squat down to play with my son. Hope it wont affect.
I only left with 3 embies and asked to put in all. hahaha.... all survive so put in 3 this time. I consider myself lucky bah... as this can increase my chance..as last time I only put in 2. I had total of 5 frozen left and all used up in these 2 FET. Dun think will do this anymore. This will be my final chance. Will *cross-finger* till my test date.

Jeni
So coincidence.Your momo boy's edd falls on the same day with your big boy's bd, then can celebrate together . Jiayou together !

Hi mummies,

I am currently looking for a thermometer online for my coming newborn baby, coz thermometers are out of stocks in outside shops and pharmacies. Recently, there are a few mothers selling their brand new thermometers to me, but I am not sure which one to buy. I would prefer a forehead and ear thermometer for newborn baby, but also heard that Braun ear thermometer is quite good. Can give some comments on the thermometers below if can?
Thanks!

1)Brand new Petit Terraillon 3 in 1 thermometer selling at $50
http://www.weegschaalboer.nl/petit-terraillon-multithermo-p-172.html?language=En

2)Brand new EXERGEN TemporalScanner Model TAT-2000C selling at $88
http://www.exergen.com/medical/TAT/tatconsumerpage.htm

3)Overseas spree selling Braun ThermoScan Compact Ear Thermometer
@US$38.99 (Model : IRT 3020 CO)
Should cost less than SG$70 after international shipping cost.
http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=166207&amp;catid=109001

4)brand New CADI thermometer selling at $86 with 1 year warranty &amp; normal
postage
http://www.cadi.com.sg/products03.htm

1) and 4) are forehead and ear thermometers
2) is forehead thermometer
3) is ear thermometer

Hi all,
Have been missing for all while, apologies.
The weather these days have been so hot, that I actually have to bathe my girl up to 3 times a day on those days she is not swimming. I can actually see sweat dripping off her forehead and she is sticky most of time despite that. Does any of you observe that of your little ones? Thats not all, everytime after bathing and dressing her up. I myself will be drenched with sweat that I have to bathe after that. Sometimes we even had to leave the aircon on for the whole afternoon. Hope the hot spell will be gone soon.

Ya, about our next outing...Hopefully no outbreak of swine flu.
Just want to make recommendation for wet weather plans. Its an Indoor Entertainment Centre for families called GoGoBamBini at Dempsey Road, opposite Botanic Garden. There is endless playstations for children of various age groups, all sipervised. My girl enjoys the ball pit. There is also a Cafe that serve both adult and children's food. The Cafe has magazines, internet access etc, normally parents will stay at the cafe while their kids play, most playstations are visible from the cafe. There is also a nail spa, adult gym etc. Only children need to pay the admission fee,and its one fee for endless paly, parents enter for free free.

Dawn
Sorry for late response. The Mickey Mouse Cafe that I earlier mentioned is quite attractive to both adults and children.
It has full size statues of Walt Disney characters like Mickey, Goofy, etc. There is movie screening at selected times of Dsiney movies like Finding Nemo. The seats are of Mickey shape, the wash basin has a huge hand of Mickey so that children will be attracted there to wash their hands, price of food is reasonable, pizza of shape of Mickey's face etc.

I heard good reviews about GoGoBamBini...but haven't gone there yet...maybe our next gathering, wet weather plan we proceed there? heee hee.

Mickey mouse cafe sounds cool! *sigh* with the swine flu, dun think we can go out so often these few weeks. oh yah we can pop over your place and let the kids play with water too!

Stacy, so did you go for the New Mum Exhibition...i saw the advert on newspaper...doesn't seem to have anything that interest me.... hee hee..cos maybe not new mum liow.

Bliss, i thought the infra red forehead scan is good cos the kids can get quite wriggly at this age when try to put the probe into their ears. Mine used to guai guai let me put the probe in but starting this month, will turn the head away when i try to insert the probe.

Ash, how you getting on? 3rd Tri already?

hi ladies,

finally am back and thanks to Jolene for providing the link in facebook. the thread has been missing for quite a while and i thot i had lost all connections with u gals
happy.gif

have been bz with 2 boys &amp; work. Elder boy had recovered and now alright *fingers crossed*.

GoGoBamBini sounds like a great place....
happy.gif

Hi,

The time of the month has come again. And this month is late! Arrggg..then i started thinking what if I am really pregnant can I cope etc. But I also chatise myself to be realistic as the chances of conceiving naturally is low. Meanwhile a colleague also suddenly announced she has unexpected 3rd child. Sigh...this world is really ironical :p

Come next year I am thinking of taking pill (yes, sounds ridiculous for someone who is hard to get pregnant hor?) But I heard it is good for body to take long term to lower hormones. Prevent some illness and wouldnt cause menopause to be too early too. Have u heard of this saying ?

Hi combi,

This sounds like a good place. U know of all the not-so-common places
happy.gif

Hi Ladies

Wow!! Been looking for this thread for a long time... until Dawn gave me the link
happy.gif

Thank you v much Dawn
happy.gif

i've brought my 18-mth-old DD to GoGoBambini 2 saturdays ago... was very crowded on that day, cos' 2 kiddies were celebrating their birthdays and the whole place was packed with kids and parents... my girl was abit too young to venture far in the playground... she stayed on the ground floor and love the "balls pool"
happy.gif

the outing will be great if not for the crowd... its quite entertaining
happy.gif

i'm now 32 weeks and getting rather clumsy these days... last checkup 2 weeks ago, doc wasn't too happy with my high-blood condition... it hasn't maintained and hence he gotta increased the medication dosage *sigh* i'm seriously thinking of taking mc before i start the maternity leave... the minute i step into the office, i think my blood pressure will creep up
sad.gif

Hi,
it has been such a long time since the last msg. How's everyone doing?

Stacy, what's the outcome of your 2nd FET? Hope it is good news.

Ashly, it seems like we are going to give birth around the same time. I am now 33 weeks. Are you going to give birth in KK too? Have you booked the room? I was told that only 2 visitors are allowed and that includes my husband. So, that means only 1 other person can come and visit me. Nevertheless, I'm ok with it and have decided that if my labour this time is as smooth as the previous time, I will request to stay just 1 day because I can't bear to part with my elder son for too long as well as the H1N1 issue. What about you?
Hope everything is well. When are you going on your maternity leave?

Hi Jeni

I'm now 35+weeks... yup... booked the room package just yesterday... took up the c-section one cos its almost certain that i've to deliver via c-section again
sad.gif
My girl is in transverse position and to complicate matters, my high-blood condition is another factor
sad.gif

Since mine will be a c-sect, will need to stay in hospital for a min of 2 nights... now on mc cos' Dr Loh gave me a week's mc to rest... have bad water retention... will prob start my maternity leave when i have confirmed the op date.

how abt you? How is your little one doing?

Ashly,
I have given birth just last Friday!
That's right, at 34th weeks as my waterbag broke.
Stayed in KK for 5 days with the 1st 3 days trying to give birth the natural way and then gave up eventually and had a c-sect. It was a painful experience and now, I am on maternity leave, resting and nursing my wound and also most important of all, assuring my son. My younger son is still at the special neonatal ward but hs is doing fine. Just have to wait till he is 35 weeks before he can be discharged.

Hope you will do better than me.

Hi Jeni

Congrats dear mummy
happy.gif

Yah... C-section takes a longer time to recover as compared to a natural delivery. Most importantly keep the binder on... it helps to provide support to the tummy area (esp the wound). Take some fish essence (very similar to Chicken of Essence) to help speed up recovery
happy.gif

Good to hear that your baby is doing ok... just countdown to the day that he can go home
happy.gif

my op is next mon morning... which is exactly 37wks gestation... last checkup was yest and baby weighs 2.88kg already...

Take Good care!

Hi mummies,

Long time din chat....

I have a suggestion on meet up place.

I will bring cherlyn for trial class at little gym at marina square on next sat, perphaps u gals can join us? this morning will bring my bb there. It's newly open so trial for july is foc.

tel: 63369734
try to call to book, hope still hv slot for toddlers.

Stumble by, Rae, Combi, Dawn , Li yen. did i miss out any??hope can see u there.

they allow both parents in.

Jolene,

Next Sat I got wedding to attend, so cant make it. My girl is likely to be sleeping after the church reception :p

Jeni,

Congrats! Is your first born via C-section thats why u are trying for natural birth for 2nd child ? Surprise to hear that baby can be inside the womb for so long(u said 3 days?) after waterbag burst..heehee..

Jolene,
yes, i'm very busy now... basically got 2 babies to handle as my elder son has become so insecure after I have disappeared for 5 days due to the labour.
No, I'm not in the facebook but I'm thinking of opoening an account. still contemplating...

Stumbled by,
my 1st born was natural and only took 6 hours all in all. Both my hubby and I expected this time round to be even faster but no, it had to be 3 days! My waterbag broke on Wednesady morning and I was on antibiotic since then till the moment I had decided to go for c-sect. In fact, Dr Loh had wanted to wait for the natural contractions to kick in but in the end, I only dilated up to 4cm although Dr Loh had already used the max strength of medi to encourage contractions. In the end, I had had enough and decided to go for c-sect otherwise I will be stranded in hospital. Dr Loh was not going to let me go home till I gave birth. It is really painful
sad.gif

jeni,

Hmm..funny. I thought all 2nd and subsequent natural births are relatively fast. U are the opposite since your firstborn is quite fast yet 2nd is slower. Heehee. Anyway, now is all over. Take care and nurse as much as possible. I guess will be more challenging with your elder son lurking around. Must peservere
happy.gif

Stumbled by,
you are right. With my elder son lurking around, it is definately more difficult, esp he's smart enough to use emotional threat. I also feel guilty everytime after I have scolded him
sad.gif

It's hard to juggle but luckily, so far my mom has been a great help esp at night when my little one has colic. She has been staying up with him and 'scolding' him for not sleeping and I sleep with my elder who is very needy now.

hi jeni,

so u dont nurse at night ?
haha..new borns always wake up two or 3 times a night (or more? depending if he is total BF), how to 'scold' ? :p

Congrats Jeni
happy.gif
hope all is well at home?

how r u ladies? still trying to juggle &amp; multi-task... 2nd boy started to seek attention already!!! Just last Sat, he saw his elder bro cried in my arms and he started to cry, wanted me to carry
sad.gif
so have to carry both while sitting on the floor...

Back