Mummies with primary school kids, please share

Thanks for your sharing. I wonder if an older child will benefit more from mindchamps kind of programme as they are able to understand and apply better. I know they do as early as preschool but i always wondered the memory techniques are not going to be meaningful to younger children, right?

Hi COCOON

My friend enrolled her 6yr old boy into Mindchamps 'Sparks of Genius' Program. He is a very shy and reserved child, who hardly speaks, but my friend Kay told me, that her son is doing very well. This program apparently helps the younger children, to learn to work together, be confident & creative. She said they also do spelling & reading techniques that works amazingly well. Her son has made alot of new friends,& he actually gets involved & participates. Both Kay & her son is very happy.. . Mindchamps caters for all age groups, I've even seen that they've, got a Mindchamps pre-school, try and see If you could go to one of their seminars, & you can find out all about the different programs...My friend Kay & I went together to one of their seminars with our children.

All Mindchamps programs (from program for lower primary to program for secondary school and tertiary level), they emphasis on the importance of teaching the children the skills and techniques to understand what they learn and study. And once the children understood what they learn and apply techniques such as notes making, memory techniques etc, they will be able to organize the information they learn into proper order and store the key points effectively in their brain.

In the programs, students will also be taught techniques to apply the information that they have stored in their school test and exams. Hence I'd say that Mindchamps programs cover almost all ground in helping the children to learn more effective and efficiently.

In fact for the older kids that are P5 and above, i understand that its courses also include special modules to help the children learn how to become a more self-inspired learners and students. I think these modules teach the child life skills like goal setting, time management, how to stay positive, presentation skills etc. These are things that I feel is very important for our children.

For parents who like to know more about Mindchamps programs and whether what it does will be something for their children, you can contact one of its education advisors.

However I'd suggest that you contact someone who truly know about education and more importantly have the heart of service and put the parents and the children's interest first before other things.

I am not working for Mindchamps and have no interest in any way with the company. However I personally know and have also met up in person, one really good education advisor of Mindchamps who truly care and always do the best for the parents and children - whether you are his client or not. His name is Alvin Poh.

You can contact him for advice on how to help your child in their studies or also request about on Mindchamps' program. He is someone whom I'd say is really a patient and caring man (He is also a parent with 2 kids - perhaps that is why he really understand how parents feel)

If you want to contact Alvin, you can get his contact information at his personal parenting web site (BTW, I am a subscriber to his parenting web site. He regularly shares very good information on parenting and education. I highly recommend all parents to subscribe to his newsletter at Learningchamp.com)

He has also put up a page sharing about his work with Mindchamps and Mindchamps workshops. If you keen to attend the workshop, you can visit Alvin's parenting web site at

http://www.learningchamp.com/workshops.html

You can get Alvin to reserve and book the seats for your family.

I hope the above sharing is helpful.

Hi Jane,

My girl is in P4 this year. She is mature in nature and willing to learn type (but very careless on her work which lose marks on exam). I have given her everything (1-1 tution and enrichment course at British council & Tien Hsia language school). So far didn't miss out any course. i m always hopping that she will successed in her studies as she is my only child. Recently i was at Mindchamp (Toa Payoh Hub).I was recommend to put my girl in this P3-4 springboard programme first before she go into subjects. The course is too expensive but we are willing to investment on her. Do you think will it works if i enrol her in Mindchamp.

my kis is also at pri 4. pretty reserve. just that sometime he can get quite upset with small thing. keep advising but not much improvement.

Hmm... the woes of being a responsible mother... -.-
But think of it this way, maybe your child is not the academic type? Singapore's education system quite restrictive.. I try and stimulate learning through ways other than textbook. Like PE can let them play catching, Science can go Science Centre gai gai as a family... Maths can teach them to budget and pay money themselves when buying food etc... For me, real life application works best! :D

Back