2007 sahm n bf mom

ya, so concident...i juz PM u
happy.gif

tks mummies! for the pat on the shoulders hee.

wow good good serena and piggy, u two can meet up there and remember to share your baby check list for packing! hee!!!

not enuff diapers in the middle of nite can go knock door ;p jus teasing! but i tink yours will be fun or at least manageable, 2D1N to bintan is good to begin w. start w small, then venture to big gradually, so u dun 'kill' yourself like me. haha.

enjoy!

Sue! i did the same! leave the clothes 'somewhere' anyway but not in the cupboard cos no time to fold... arghh.

u're great man, mummy of 3.i also use a similar mop - but 'roman' brand.good.v good.one sweep tat's it.not so slippery unlike traditional mops.

when i choose to be a sahm, i know my career is at back stage liao.i missed 2 promotion chances becos of this decision.it's painful but tat's life.u can't hv the best of both worlds, rite?
happy.gif

hi gretel,

me and serena will probably meet up in Bintan. hehe

hi sue,

I was also thinking should I quit and be a SAHM after my 3 months maternity leave. But then after that, govt announced all working mum got 6 days of childcare leave. Then it made me wanna go to work, if I add childcare leave with my annual leave then I have more than 20 days of leave liao. So maybe continue to work while I still have my mum to help me to look after.

hi gretel,
the baby checklist will be long...have not started packing anything yet! :p

i know what u mean, when i choose to be a sahm, i know i wld miss the promotion chances.....i know wat i was in for.....but when i know my peers got promoted, there was a moment when i think maybe i shld go back to work.....but when i see my girl innocent smile, i know i have made the rite decision to stay home....of coz, there are moments when she drives me crazy & at those times, i wish i was back at work :p

Arggghhhh
!!!!

my hb put all the bb clothes with adult clothes - coloured and whites into the washing machine and set number 9 which means wash cycle is 105 mins at 60degrees.

it's too late when i found out. there goes.

i'm suuupppepperrrrr angryyyyyyyyyyyy!!!! my darling whites all gone now!(1 week from perth so tat's ALOT gone!)

mummies, anyways to SALVAGE them??? i'm using tollijoy bb wash, the pink bottle one.

i dunno whether to laugh or cry. i told him bb clothes supposed to be handwashed jus tat we no time no resources so use washing machine. but bb's clothes r never too dirty so jus use the most delicate wash cycle.

he says 'isn't better to wash longer so cleaner?!!?!?!'

fainted.

how???! my whites. aiyo so auntie talk here but isn't these all the daily hiccups we face every now and then??!! sighsighsighsighhhhh depressed
sad.gif

gretel,

u can try bleaching baby's whites with vinegar and warm water. but must try a few washes!

hi serena,

You got a long list of baby check list ah? I am trying to travel as light as possible..... but I know sure end up baby stuffs more than me and my hubby.

hi gretel,

poor you. I understand how you feel, my hubby will do the same too all dump in without seprating the whites and coloured ones.

piggydamien,

I used to work in an US based MNC. Had reached max annual leave of 20days per year, have 3 days CCL even b4 government announced it, have 3 extra holidays for new years given by company, great insurance plan that visits to PD also free, great managment that allows work from home, late of early home if needed etc.

but nothing is enough when comes to supervising and educating the kids. worse for me when i have a difficult one. whoever interested may read my blogs on my eldest son, just wanna share the experience.

http://monsterjershejos.blogspot.com/

In 2 more days, my daughter will be 1 , and me fully bf her for that long. Time flies.
Its a new stage of life with a tot. wish me luck.
happy.gif

Had been busy preparing her bday event. Have a safe trip jaime and enjoy yourself.

Hi Sue,

Wow you got 3 kids and SAHM. Its very good of you can quit and be a SAHM. Its really not easy loh. Understand you want to be there to witness the 1st milestone your child achieve. Its gonna be tough, to work and then also to supervise and teach the kids at the same time. Well, lets see how next time, now all my time is dedicated to my son whenever I am not at work. I don't have any ME time.

piggydamien,

yaya, from shopping at Tangs for my own nice expensive clothing to now JL or Carrefour or any cheaper location for kids stuff... when was the last time I shop for myself???

Can you imagine that I'd only cut my hair once after given birth 10 mths ago and my beautician keep asking me when to visit her...

That's the life for a 3 kids' SAHM. Of course when the youngest grow older, I can start enjoying myself again... I'll endure...

sue,

read your blog. I am worried now. So worried about their studies, how they going to grow up. And I already confirm stopping at 1.

Same same here, have no time to cut my hair after give birth 11 months ago. Cannot bath longer. Initally when I was on maternity leave, I took care of my son myself, I had problem bathing because my son was crying and I am alone at home. I had break my bathing into 3 parts, come out then go back, come out then go back again.... hahahaha. Even my lunch I had to eat it 2 times. Thats why SAHM is worst than FTWM.
my biggest sacrifice is my sleep and tv. I only have time to log in to internet when I am at work. Otherwise I won't have to time.

piggydamien,

not to worry too early, anyway, different kids got different character and development. my eldest is just happens to be those can;t be bothered type and he's a little autistic (nvr confirm that but he does possess some of those behaviour).

and my biggest point for all mum, even for the smartest, independent kids, do not let them have their way too early and your basic caregiver must have authority over them. not to be kiasu parent, carefree childhood i believe but some academic discipline must also be cultivated. mine was totally let free... and is now very difficult to pull him back.

rgds bathing, i'd remembered my eldest time, i hv to on his favorite music vcd, once he glued there, then i hv to rush in bathing and out by the 3rd or 4th songs or he'll notice my non-existence. as of now, i'll have to wait till the bb is happily playing with sis (not bro though, he cannot look after bb well), then i can have a quick bath. if need to wash my hair, then hv to wait till daddy is home.

piggydamin,
ya lor, her swimming stuff, food, clothes etc...i think will be a lot :p

ya, being a mum means very little or no ME time.....it was many mths before i had my facial & haircut.....while in the past, i will do these once a mth.....as for bathing, i mostly bath after my husband is back & she is asleep at nite....if i really need to bath during the day, i will have to put her on her rocking chair & place it outside the bathroom where she can see me....else she will be crying like crazy!!!...

piggydamien, good for u that u can split ur shower into 3 parts...i can't leh :p

Sue,

yeah, being a parent is not easy nowadays. Last time my time my parents busy with work just leave me and my sis on our own.

hi serena,

see you in this thread and also see you in the other thread.... don't know which thread to reply you...haha.

everything I do have to do a few times loh. washing clothes, hanging clothes. no time to cook also. sometimes eat 1 meal only (breakfast and lunch is one meal) then dinner have to wait till 8pm for hubby to come back.

halo ladies....
gretel,
my hearts goes out to u...

its been veryyy long since i last log in..
wat happened over the weekend traumatised e whole family.
sun morning,mil cant move her hands..mins later unconscious.. and paramedics arrived..prognosis: stroke.
in CGH,neurosurgeon explained that her blood vessel burst and diagnosed hamoerphagic stroke.
Nothing could be done to save her.Only the life support machine was doing its job.
FAmily discussed and Mon, we pulled the plug.
She left us peacefully at 1545hr 13/10/08.
Tue, we had her burried peacefully at the Muslims Cemetary..
PLease help our family pray for her..Thanx in advance

chergamine,

take care of yourself.
can understand how u feel as my mum had stroke few years back and the doc will explain all worst scenario while we are already very sad. can;t blame them too.
lucky for my mum is that she'd pulled through.
hope everything is fine at home.

cherg,

i'm so sorry to hear about tat.

please take good care of yourself. my grandpa jus passed away a mth back, and until now, i'm still learning to accept it. we need to be strong. life goes on, esp for mummies, we need to be really strong.

will definitely pray for her and YOU. take care

hi mommies,
any good confinement lady to recommend? :p

didn't think my last one was that good...1 complaint was she gave my baby water to drink even after i said not to give, behind my back!

just pass my 1st trimester :)

Hi Jamie, congrats !

Hi gretel, was reading about your trip, is your darling recovering well ? managing a sick baby at home is tough not to mention abroad and on a road trip.

was wondering if any of the north mummies would like a meet up ?

Hi mums, been quite a while, anyway the flu season is back. My daughter has been down with flu, cough and runny nose twice for the past 1 month. Got to avoid heavy traffic places especially its the holiday season now.

sigh... eldest son got it early Oct and piggy got too, then daughter got mid Oct and piggy got it TOO! luckily he had his flu jab so his not so bad as compared to brother & sister, but now daddy mummy got it... wondering if he will... touch wood...

mummy,

any good pd to recommend in NORTH?

been visiting doc ong from aglow at united 2 through strong recommendations from forum and my frens but, alas his med doesn't work for bb...

ds has been sick for the longest time. back to back... need to bring him seek 2nd opinion tonight.

pls let me know if you have any good pd to intro, i dun drive so tat's a prob too

My daughter phelgm lasted for 2 weeks, and the first 3 days were terror. The rainy season has not done much but worst.
DO take good care guys.
She has not poo for 3 days too. sigh

Hi all mummies, this thread has been dead for a while...
Any of u still BF?
Any of your toddler refuse bottle?
I'm still BF my 13mo and I wish to wean him off in the next few months as would like to put him into childcare next year.
He is drinking every morning, noon, afternoon, evening, night... even middle of the night... very siong...
how?

I am still bf my daughter for the past 16mths and counting. I managed to drop the night feeding the most just once in the early dawn.
Bf journey to me is really a fun and exciting time.

By the way, anyone knows where i can buy cute bread and vegetables cutter?

HI Sue,

my girl is 22 mth and I am still bf her. she never use milk bottle and now drinking water/juice from water bottle. your baby shd be old use to use cup with straw liao, forget abt the milk bottle cos still have to wean him off bottle later on...

I am also trying to weaning my girl but v hard cos i am a SAHM and she just cries to get her way...

Hi fellow Mummies,

I'm a 2007 Mum, my son was born on 11 Sept 2007 and I breastfed him for 7 months whilst working full time. I would have loved to continue but supply dropped steadily. Am glad I managed to persist, as any extra day is a bonus for baby!

For those of you who stopped BF - did you find you fall sick more easily? I've been getting ill every 3 months since stopping. What amazes me is that despite the lack of sleep, fatigue, etc I never caught a cold or flu during BF. Now that I've stopped, I keep falling ill! Any tips on how to strengthen my body? Am hoping for No.2 soon...am down with a cough and sore throat AGAIN! Its frustrating...

Hihi...

anyone still visit this thread? I'm a Dec 07 mom to a toddler. I still bf him and has just discovered that I'm pregnant... Just like to check if anyone nurse through your pregnancy? and if you have any advises for me? TIA

Hi SHarlynn,

I have a nov 2007 tod and giving birth end of the month... tod still bf at night b4 sleep and when wake up... hard to wean... but pregnancy ok.

hi Olie Olio,
Kudos to u..my tod jus turn 3 last may n still bf @ nite and wakes up @ least once(ard break of dawn)..am planning to try for #2.
hv a nice day

woweee... all along i thot i am alone in still bf my tod. i am trying v hard to wean him off but with a knowledge that a sis is coming along, he gets pretty emo and wanna bf even more! Sigh... and it hurts like crazy when u r pregnant with tender nipples!

Back