BP for food?

newbbi79

Hi Chin Leng,
I can't seems to find anymore thread whereby mummies get to order the amosco foodstuffs together in order to get free delivery.

Is it we can't have this type of thread anymore?

Hi Feifei,

Amosco BP and foodstuff BP are still allowed. I guess no one is volunteering to organise at the moment.

kao_confused2.gif

Regards,
Chin Leng.

Hi Hoho03,

The $25 can easily be shared among the participants. If 25 people join, the additional fee to the BP is only $1 each. If the BP is unsuccessful, the fee will be refunded. We have never expected the organiser (non-business) to pay for the listing fee on their own. You may like to read the discussions and rationale on the implementation of the listing fee at "New Changes".

Regards,
Chin Leng

Chin Leng,
Can consider waiving the $25 for Amosco?
Should have the flexibility to allow for exception huh?...
This is a *genuine* BP leh.
Don't think will have any profiteering.
Also, likely won't have 25 or more participants.

Hi Blim,

I'm sorry but we can't waive. Everyone will tell me that theirs is genuine BP too. If I allow yours and not others, I'll be labeled as unfair. I'm quite sick of getting that from other users, actually. I'm sorry but I hope you understand our frustrations. Everyone tells me theirs is not profiting and not running a business but many times our trust has been abused. It is because of situations like this that we've no choice but to charge a listing fee for all. I'm not saying that you are profiting but allowing 'flexibility', we'll be back to square one.

Actually, why don't you just try organising one and sharing the listing fee among all the participants?

Regards,
Chin Leng.

Dear Chin Leng,

Why is the Healthy Times BP deleted? Can't find it at all. Me trying to see if anyone interested in BP.

Hi Hai Moey,

The original thread was not in the right category. If you want to see if anyone is interested in the BP, you should organise it by listing it in the BP section. If the BP is not successful, your listing fee will be refunded. So you don't have to test it in an incorrect category. Thanks.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

Oh I see, new rules, just saw the BP $25 listing fees. Haven't been following this forum for quite a while...
Thanks

I understand your frustrations. But to wonder if Amosco is a genuine BP, then it looks to me you are not very well-informed. I guess this is one reason why some mommies get frustrated with SMH too...

Like hoho puts it, if need to pay $25, then nobody would organise for AMOSCO lah...

Hi Blim,

If you understand our frustrations, then you would not have made the above statement. We know that Amosco is genuine BP, that's why we've allowed so many Amosco BP to be organised through the forum in the past. We've never stopped any Amosco BP in the past.

Our first and foremost objective is to build a portal for parents and parents-to-be. The forum becoming a place to organise Amosco BP is not the main objective.

If you remember, for years, we have always busied ourselves trying to identify genuine and non-genuine BP in the forum. It took up much of our time and we could not develop SingaporeMotherhood.com further. Many would claim that their non-Amosco BP is genuine too. If we disallow the BP of users who strongly state that their BP is genuine too, we would be accused of unfair treatment and showing favoritism towards Amosco BP organisers. We'll also receive lots of abusive emails and postings demanding us to explain ourselves.

Do you really understand our frustrations?

Regards,
Chin Leng.

CL,

one tray of eclair is only $3++
usu, less than 25 mummies will be in one order to enjoy the free delivery.

thus the "$25" will inflate the cost of 1 tray of eclair by more than 25%!!! (assuming 25 person in the BP, thus $1 per person)

would u organise/join the BP in this case??

MTDT: guess we only have to gather mummies within your neighbourhood to do a BP lor. guess thats the only option. if u are in JW, i can always hop onto ur Private BP. i am just a PM away.
happy.gif

Hi MTDT and Carole Ng,

There is nothing I can do to help if nobody tries to organise it. At least if anyone tries, you can prove me wrong.

kao_dizzy.gif

Regards,
Chin Leng.

Macdonalds delivery is $2 per time.. i guess $1 is still real reasonable. the problem is how to split and collect $25 from the mummies. $1 for half way delivery within the neighbourhood still ok lahz. unless wanna add another $1 for home delivery like Mac?

CL: dun worry, i not suaning u lehz or even questioning ur charges. Just guess some mummies are bothered by the charges.

Hi Carole,

Not to worry, I know you were not suaning me. I understand the concern regarding the charges. It is seldom that a perfect solution exist. For us who maintains the forum, every new ideas we implement, we've to take the view from a broad perspective. It is inevitable some new implemented terms will impact more on some than others.

All I'm asking is that please understand our predicament as we've to take a broad view as we've limited human and financial resources.

Only if someone tries to organise an Amosco BP then can we start making adjustments.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

Chin Leng, I am interested to organise.
From previous BPs, we dun usually have so many mummies in a BP.
Can u consider another rate for Amosco BP?

perhaps we are looking at this from different perspectives... The tone that has been taken is that CL is being unreasonable and uncompromising in refusing to waive the $25 listing fee for such BP because mummies would end up incurring more costs all round. But if you look at it from another point of view, if you wanted to buy the items on your own, you would have to fork out over hundreds before they would even deliver to you. So by allowing BP in this forum, you would already have saved money which you would otherwise not have. I don't think the harsh tone is justified.

I understand that most of you are saying that you are not making a profit so you should not be penalised (that said, there have been BPs where the business owner offerred perks to the organiser which are not obvious to the other participants... not that I am saying amosco is). But well, CL has already given his reasons for his actions and we should accept it. Afterall, we are only users of this forum and CL is the owner. Surely, he has a right to make decisions. We can give our inputs and suggestions but I don't think personal attacks are warranted.

Dear CL,
Hope you are reading this. I have a question to ask pertaining to AMOSCO BP.

I am interested to start a BP now. Does it mean I will pay you $25 to get approval. By the end of 7 days, if the cost divided by the total no. of mommies is not in favour to all mommies, would you allow me to cancel the BP and get a refund?? Cos I dun think we can get up to 10 participants to place order and it may sound un-fair to the participants to come and collect the eclairs from my place since we pay the same amount. Unless the organiser (ie.myself) pay more?

Well, in any case, I am interested to give it a try. I really miss the taste of Amosco eclairs!!

Pls advise!

Many
happy.gif
ThankS

Hi Chin Leng

Can we not post on the BP section but on WTB section to look for people only in our residence area to order food stuff?

Back