Bulk Purchase

Bee Lee
I think jo's post brings us back to the very basic of this forum: MOTHERhood. How very correct. In this case, why are BPs of products that are not baby related even allowed?

Since there is a problem identifying what is fake and what is real, why not just ban these BPs all together? The BP section is getting more and more ridiculous everyday, isnt that eating into the bandwidth which was posing problems for the forum in the first place?

It has become a cheap avenue for unscruplous sellers to cheat/fleece/sell/dump their nice/substandard/fake/real/overpriced goods on unsuspecting moms. Time to stop before it gets out of hand!

Even in the overseas spree, profiteering is so prevalant. Just think which mommy would spend time, money and efforts conducting 10 over sprees on the same site? Buying clothes from the same site every other week? Buying toothpaste for their children every week?

I do understand that its very tedious and time consuming to sieve through each and every thread and determine what is suitable and what is not. In that case, just close down the section. Its because of the "lax security" that these unscrupulous sellers are coming back again and again.

I'm looking forward to the good old days when the forum is just a forum for sharing parenting tips and not overwhelmed by sellers EVERYWHERE!!

Yes, I do not know how it was back then. But I've read quite a number of times "pioneers" mentioning the GOOD OLD DAYS! But I'm sure it's definitely not a forum that sells all the imitation goods.
sad.gif

My baby is still very small (it's just milk & diaper for him now! HAHA!)...but I sure hope that I will still come back to SMH to find out more info as my baby grows older. Like now, I'm looking into introducing solids, traveling with a baby etc... After all, this is a local website which is probably more customized to bringing up my Singaporean kid...not buying him imitation clothes.
happy.gif

Hi chinchow,

Mothers do have their own needs as well. Being a mother does not mean that we should stop dolling ourselves and buy only baby-related items. In fact, there are some mothers who were tied down with work and children that they may not be able to go physical shopping.

Thus, we allow BP or sprees for non-baby related items, is to provide the convenience to these mummies.

Jo,
The forum came about when SingaporeBrides members got pregnant and gave birth. They started chatting and they started to organise sprees and bulk purchases. All these were started without our intervention and dictation. As these are our members' needs, we try to continue to accomodate them.

The "Good Old Days" is when the group was small and everyone knows everyone, so there cannot be a hidden agenda. But like all online or off-line social groups, when the group gets bigger conflicts start to appear. Individuals start to have differences, arguments and agenda.

There might be some sales of non-authentic items in the forum, and we have been looking into it. But I don't think we have many frauds here and I hope that will remain as it is. Buyers who bought less than satisfied items due to misinformed by the seller, should ask for refund.

When I first joined, we have about 2000-3000 postings every day and it climbed up to 5000+ postings daily and now is breaking 7000 postings daily. The percentage between marketplace and non-marketplace was about 75:25 before we implemented the restriction on marketplace, and now is about 55:45. Thus, although the absolute number of sales postings may look bigger but we have improved on the ratio.

Regards
Bee Lee

kekeke... I'm 1 of KS member posting details pls or indicate interested.

I post becos the details will be link to my e-mail directly. I choose only those I interested.

If items the BP is offering is good and reasonable, i'll post to buy lor.

Hope this answer some doubts above
happy.gif
kekeke....

Hi,
I having some problem and could not able to post in WTS spree... anyone can advise? I have join since 02Feb'09 should be able to post already right? Pls help!!!

Hi Bee Lee / Chin Leng,
Encounter a bp seller not responding to all the orders confirmation since 19Aug11.
Can you help to contact her to at least reply if bp is still on a not.
I have transfer $ to her account but yet to hear from her. If she is not selling, pls get her to refund back to us.

I believe there are also other mummies pending her reply too. PLs help

BP Thread (thread closed):
http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/cgi-bin/forumboard/show.cgi?581296/5878830

Hi Bee lee/Chin Leng
The BP seller has responded and disappear again and buyers are waiting for
her confirmed buyer list since 2nd Sept as she promised but no show again.
PLs help to contact her to response to all in bp again. Thks and sorry to trouble you both.

Hi Bee Lee/ Chin Leng,
Pls help, the seller merely just reply coming shipment will be on 29Sept and did not advise the buyer list whom will be expecting the items.

We need her confirmed buyer list. Pls help to call her to provide with all buyers' expected arrival date. Very disappointed with her service.

Alot of buyers are waiting for her reply whether to refund or if items are arriving. PLs help!!

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/cgi-bin/forumboard/show.cgi?581296/5878830

Back