Praiyassim

Hi, I would like to recommend my gynae (Dr.Tan Kai Lit) He delivered 3 out of 4 of my children (3rd baby was delivered in KKH with another gynae as Dr Tan moved to Thomson and we decided to engage Dr Tan and therefore went to Thompson instead.)
Doctor Tan is someone who tries his best to help with the requests we make and easy to talk to. He emits a positive aura and assures that you are in safe hands. Never did we have to worry about delivery.He's full of energy, super alert. Thank you for playing a major role in our journey of having 4 kids. Even though we may not have number 5, but we'll be sure to let our friends know who to look for when they plan to start their own family. Careful, Skillful and Experienced doctor

Hi, I would also like to add my experience with Dr. Tan Kai Lit. As a First Time Mum (FTM), I began my pregnancy journey when I suspected I was pregnant at around Week 4 after completing 21km. Was feeling tired all the time even though I had napped and woke up around noon time during the weekends.

I came across Dr. Tan's name online and saw people recommending him for his stitching skills. To me, male or female gynae doesn't matter; as long as the job is done properly and baby is healthy. Also, his clinic was at a more centralized location (Toa Payoh) which was relatively accessible regardless via car or public transport.

First visit review:
Greeted by a group of friendly nurses, I was shown around where to go for the toilet access (important to know as need to do urine test from 3rd trimester onwards). Waited quite a while (~1.5hr) for the consultation, then again, it was a Friday evening; guess that was their peak period (weekdays evening or Saturday morning).

Subsequent visits review:
What I like is Dr. Tan will reassure the baby is ok, healthy (normal). I guess pregnancy hormones tend to overrule at certain times, and I wanted to dig more information, like what did he meant by ok, healthy. So I asked quite a lot of questions. I still remember the morning I was asking about Dorscon situation and how can pregnant mums cope, that evening, Dorscon changed from Yellow to Orange :eek:.

Even with the change in the Dorscon level, the team was quick to set up the necessary social distancing and check in etc, which made me feel assured to come for the checkups.

There were times where I actually felt could be improved as where the appointments were scheduled to start like 9:30am or 10 am but Dr. Tan sometimes will be at the Thomson Medical Center in the morning and only come by around 10 plus to 11am for the consultation. I'm not sure if this is applicable for every day but so far my visits were scheduled between 10 - 11am and I will also "report" to clinic then drop by the nearby coffeeshop to have breakfast while waiting for Dr. Tan.

Dr. Tan's review:
I find that he is a very fact-based person where he will make decision based on the test results and not jumping into conclusions based on experience. For example, my OSCAR test did not turn out well and though I was 'young' (29 then), he recommended for the Harmony Test to confirm baby was ok. This actually help me when I was getting insurance for the baby.
Also, he recommended for a detailed fetal scan for the baby weight in week 37 and based on that, was more assured for normal vaginal delivery. My mucus plug dropped in week 38 +3 around 2am and informed him. Got a reply around 6am (considered quite prompt reply) to go to TMC straight for the dilation check and turns out, I was already 3cm dilated.
Luckily I was already in hospital and there was nothing I had to worry about (i.e. water bag suddenly breaking or stuck in traffic jam etc).
During delivery, Dr. Tan was also very calm and gave clear instructions and I managed to push around 3-5 mins before baby J arrived. Dr. Tan also helped to ensure that blood clots were all purged out before stitching up. Whole delivery was very smooth.

Personally, I'm very glad my pregnancy and delivery was a smooth one and baby J is healthy~

Thank you, Dr. Tan Kai Lit.

Cheers,
E.L.

Hi, I would also like to add my experience with Dr. Tan Kai Lit. As a First Time Mum (FTM), I began my pregnancy journey when I suspected I was pregnant at around Week 4 after completing 21km. Was feeling tired all the time even though I had napped and woke up around noon time during the weekends.

I came across Dr. Tan's name online and saw people recommending him for his stitching skills. To me, male or female gynae doesn't matter; as long as the job is done properly and baby is healthy. Also, his clinic was at a more centralized location (Toa Payoh) which was relatively accessible regardless via car or public transport.

First visit review:
Greeted by a group of friendly nurses, I was shown around where to go for the toilet access (important to know as need to do urine test from 3rd trimester onwards). Waited quite a while (~1.5hr) for the consultation, then again, it was a Friday evening; guess that was their peak period (weekdays evening or Saturday morning).

What I like is Dr. Tan will reassure the baby is ok, healthy (normal). I guess pregnancy hormones tend to overrule at certain times, and I wanted to dig more information, like what did he meant by ok, healthy. So I asked quite a lot of questions. I still remember the morning I was asking about Dorscon situation and how can pregnant mums cope, that evening, Dorscon changed from Yellow to Orange :eek:.

Even with the change in the Dorscon level, the team was quick to set up the necessary social distancing and check in etc, which made me feel assured to come for the checkups.

There were times where I actually felt could be improved as where the appointments were scheduled to start like 9:30am or 10 am but Dr. Tan sometimes will be at the Thomson Medical Center in the morning and only come by around 10 plus to 11am for the consultation. I'm not sure if this is applicable for every day but so far my visits were scheduled between 10 - 11am and I will also "report" to clinic then drop by the nearby coffeeshop to have breakfast while waiting for Dr. Tan.

Dr. Tan's review:
I find that he is a very fact-based person where he will make decision based on the test results and not jumping into conclusions based on experience. For example, my OSCAR test did not turn out well and though I was 'young' (29 then), he recommended for the Harmony Test to confirm baby was ok. This actually help me when I was getting insurance for the baby.
Also, he recommended for a detailed fetal scan for the baby weight in week 37 and based on that, was more assured for normal vaginal delivery. My mucus plug dropped in week 38 +3 around 2am and informed him. Got a reply around 6am (considered quite prompt reply) to go to TMC straight for the dilation check and turns out, I was already 3cm dilated.
Luckily I was already in hospital and there was nothing I had to worry about (i.e. water bag suddenly breaking or stuck in traffic jam etc).
During delivery, Dr. Tan was also very calm and gave clear instructions and I managed to push around 3-5 mins before baby J arrived. Dr. Tan also helped to ensure that blood clots were all purged out before stitching up. Whole delivery was very smooth.

Personally, I'm very glad my pregnancy and delivery was a smooth one and baby J is healthy~

Cheers,
E.L.

Hi Eslin,

Do you mind to share how much in total for your delivery fees in thomson medical with dr tan ?

Hello ,
Would like to recommand dr tan kai lit. He is a very experience doctor and he is attentive to his patients. He situated at thomson medical #06-05.
his skill of c-section is good , on the second day i could actually stand up and walk . All thanks to him.
if i am having a 2nd baby , will surely appoint him as my gynae again.

Hi Eslin,

Do you mind to share how much in total for your delivery fees in thomson medical with dr tan ?

Hi, Mshightea,

Before Thomson medical increased the ward fees, I spent around 5k in total. Dr Tan's doctor fees were average, not too expensive but also not the cheapest. Also had to pay for the anaesthesia fees because I opt for Epidural.

Recently Dr Tan clinic has shifted to TMC instead.

Cheers,
Eslin

We were having our second child and we chanced upon Dr Tan Kai Lit's clinic when he was still practising in Toa Payoh Central. So by God's Will, we decided to put our faith in him after reading the reviews on him.

Thank God the reviews are true!

Dr Tan is a very humble man and together with the two friendly ladies helping him in his clinic, they make every visit we had a very comfortable one. He is also very meticulous and knowledgeable. So thanks to his medical advices and intervention, our baby was delivered full-term (all praise to God!!)

Hence, I would recommend him to anyone without reservations!

Thank you Dr Tan. :)

Kim Oanh

Hi, Mshightea,

Before Thomson medical increased the ward fees, I spent around 5k in total. Dr Tan's doctor fees were average, not too expensive but also not the cheapest. Also had to pay for the anaesthesia fees because I opt for Epidural.

Recently Dr Tan clinic has shifted to TMC instead.

Cheers,
Eslin
hello, FTM here! am thinking of engaging Dr Tan Kai Lit after seeing all the reviews about him. If you dont mind, can you pm me the total cost spent? want to have an idea how much it would cost.

First visit review:

Dr. Tan's review:

Cheers,
E.L.
Hi Eslin, do u mind pm me the total cost for the whole pregnancy?

I was delivered 2 months ago which is in November 2021. For my first pregnancy journey, i had a very good experience with Dr Tan Kai Lit. Dr Tan Kai Lit is a man of few words but he is always ready and patient to listen to and answer my questions. During my 1st trismeter, it wasn't easy with all the symptoms and I was really unwell. Dr Tan was patient with me and reassured me that there are pregnancy suitable medications that can help with some of my symptoms. When the delivered time, it was a pretty smooth natural delivery with Dr Tan. The wound was very well stitched and I recovered in about 1 month plus! Thank you Dr Tan and friendly caring 2 nurse in his clinic (Rose and Gladys). Will be back to Dr Tan for my second pregnancy in future. Blessed to all of you :)

Just delivered my first child with Dr Tan Kai Lit and I must say that the entire pregnancy and post partum journey has been absolutely delightful. He is a very patient doctor, answering my 1001 questions. His C-sect skills are also top notch - the procedure was completed within 15 minutes and I can barely see my scar post surgery thanks to his amazing stitching skills. He was also very considerate to cut it as low as possible so it could be hidden if I wanted to wear a bikini. Happy to say that my scar recovered well too.

Would also like to commend his medical team especially Gladys and Ros for making every visit feel so warm and fuzzy. They are like my mummies, always looking out for me and reassuring me that everything will be okay and there's nothing to be afraid of. I always look forward to my check ups because of them.

Pros:
- Skilled doctor
- Friendly and supportive team
- Affordable and reasonable Antenatal package for visits
- Housed in Thomson hospital so it's like a One stop centre for follow ups, diagnostics, etc.
- Reasonable wait time per visit

Cons:
- Payment by bank QR only otherwise credit card payment will have an additional 1% fee.

Had my first child with Dr Tan as well in Sep 22. Dr Tan was assuring and answer all our questions about C-sect and the baby's growth process. His C-sect stitch is really good.

Gladys and Ros is really friendly and giving us a lot of guidance on the baby and the supplements to take. Post surgery, his bed side visits to ensure mum is doing well and recovering. We got discharged on the second day instead of the three days as he assessed that mum is recovering well and good for returning home.

Just delivered my first child with Dr Tan Kai Lit and I must say that the entire pregnancy and post partum journey has been absolutely delightful. He is a very patient doctor, answering my 1001 questions. His C-sect skills are also top notch - the procedure was completed within 15 minutes and I can barely see my scar post surgery thanks to his amazing stitching skills. He was also very considerate to cut it as low as possible so it could be hidden if I wanted to wear a bikini. Happy to say that my scar recovered well too.

Would also like to commend his medical team especially Gladys and Ros for making every visit feel so warm and fuzzy. They are like my mummies, always looking out for me and reassuring me that everything will be okay and there's nothing to be afraid of. I always look forward to my check ups because of them.

Pros:
- Skilled doctor
- Friendly and supportive team
- Affordable and reasonable Antenatal package for visits
- Housed in Thomson hospital so it's like a One stop centre for follow ups, diagnostics, etc.
- Reasonable wait time per visit

Cons:
- Payment by bank QR only otherwise credit card payment will have an additional 1% fee.
Hello, does he have prenatal package? If there is, could you please share around how much :)

Hello, does he have prenatal package? If there is, could you please share around how much :)
Hello! Yes he has a package - I paid around $800ish (I paid in Jan 2022) that would cover my consultations and ultrasound scans from Week 12 onwards till I deliver. Not sure about his current package (i mean there's inflation everywhere!) but please feel free to call and check :) Eitherway all his prices are really reasonable imo

Back