Recurrent Miscarriages

Hi there
I’m having a 3rd miscarriage again. The first 2 miscarriages was from natural at week 6 and week 6 half. The 3rd is from ivf grade c day 6 blast which is at week 5. Can I check what should I do next in terms of testing I’ve done genetics and lupus test in kkh and it all turns out normal. Really dunno what’s the reason causing the multiple recurrent miscarriages.

Hi there
I’m having a 3rd miscarriage again. The first 2 miscarriages was from natural at week 6 and week 6 half. The 3rd is from ivf grade c day 6 blast which is at week 5. Can I check what should I do next in terms of testing I’ve done genetics and lupus test in kkh and it all turns out normal. Really dunno what’s the reason causing the multiple recurrent miscarriages.

Hi Twinklemini,

so sorry to hear about your loss. I have been through 3 miscarriages too , all checks were normal so i have decided to go for IVF+PGS.
I know it is really not easy, take the time to rest & be kind to yourself :)
i did my first retrieval just last month & sadly none make it for the PGS testing. Which the gynae also kind of said it somehow explains why i have recurrent losses also because although so many of them fertilized but all was either growing too slow, not looking good and also doesn’t even make it to day 5.
i am currently with KKIVF.

Hi Twinklemini,

so sorry to hear about your loss. I have been through 3 miscarriages too , all checks were normal so i have decided to go for IVF+PGS.
I know it is really not easy, take the time to rest & be kind to yourself :)
i did my first retrieval just last month & sadly none make it for the PGS testing. Which the gynae also kind of said it somehow explains why i have recurrent losses also because although so many of them fertilized but all was either growing too slow, not looking good and also doesn’t even make it to day 5.
i am currently with KKIVF.
Hello how is the wait time now with pgt? And how many embryos you go for the testing? I thought they can only test day 5 blastocyst?

Hello how is the wait time now with pgt? And how many embryos you go for the testing? I thought they can only test day 5 blastocyst?

i was lucky to get another slot in november again for another retrieval. Currently NUH got no waiting time.
Hmmm like what i mentioned in the previous post , none make it for the testing thats why i didnt make it to pgs. Yup they can only test day 5 blastocyst

i was lucky to get another slot in november again for another retrieval. Currently NUH got no waiting time.
Hmmm like what i mentioned in the previous post , none make it for the testing thats why i didnt make it to pgs. Yup they can only test day 5 blastocyst
Ok so now the pgt testing have no waiting time? I was told by kkh the waiting time is 1 year for the pgt testing.

Ok so now the pgt testing have no waiting time? I was told by kkh the waiting time is 1 year for the pgt testing.

im with kkh, i waited 9 months to start this 1st cycle, but was lucky they have cancellation in november so i can slot in, if not i think waiting time for kkh is at least 6 months.
i have called nuh recently, they said no waiting list at the moment. Maybe you can try to call CHR directly if you keen to try out NUH

im with kkh, i waited 9 months to start this 1st cycle, but was lucky they have cancellation in november so i can slot in, if not i think waiting time for kkh is at least 6 months.
i have called nuh recently, they said no waiting list at the moment. Maybe you can try to call CHR directly if you keen to try out NUH
So for kkh they will reach out to NUH to do the PGT testing and no waiting time now to queue for the testing?

Hi all, may i check if other than dr Sheila Vasoo and prof Choolani, any recommendation doctor to check my condition further? I have 3x miscarriages 1 from iui 4weeks, 2x Ivf normal pgs tested (1 with sac only) and the other one no heartbeat at 6w5d. I wanted to make appt to see Sheila Vasoo, but the clinic said she is no longer accepting patient for recurrent miscarriages.

Hi all, may i check if other than dr Sheila Vasoo and prof Choolani, any recommendation doctor to check my condition further? I have 3x miscarriages 1 from iui 4weeks, 2x Ivf normal pgs tested (1 with sac only) and the other one no heartbeat at 6w5d. I wanted to make appt to see Sheila Vasoo, but the clinic said she is no longer accepting patient for recurrent miscarriages.
What was the reason why she stops getting patients for recurrent miscarriage? I also got 3x miscarriage but didn’t do pgt testing. Doc choolani is he from NUH or mount e?

They didnt say the reason, i tried to make appt through mt.e website and thats what they came back with. Yes prof mahesh choolani, but i heard he is in nuh now and no longer in mt.e.
Sorry to hear about your miscarriages, did doc say the reason?

They didnt say the reason, i tried to make appt through mt.e website and thats what they came back with. Yes prof mahesh choolani, but i heard he is in nuh now and no longer in mt.e.
No reason but always attribute to genetics of the embryo- chromosome. My doc is going to refer me to the recurrent miscarriage clinic of kkh but I don’t hear any good reviews or highlights on the doc there

Hi tweenieweenie,
Maybe you can book appt to see prof choolani at Nuh first then he will suggest whether seeing dr sheila vasoo is needed.
i went through a series of blood test & he said there was no need for me to see dr sheila, it was all due to bad chances because blood test all came back fine.
hope this helps

Hi tweenieweenie,
Maybe you can book appt to see prof choolani at Nuh first then he will suggest whether seeing dr sheila vasoo is needed.
i went through a series of blood test & he said there was no need for me to see dr sheila, it was all due to bad chances because blood test all came back fine.
hope this helps
hi all, I also called doc choolani and his next appt is in July 2023. And for doc Sheila she don’t take in recurrent miscarriage patients anymore she is focusing on her current own speciality not to do with miscarriage or pregnancy anymore. The next alternative is doc suresh.

hi twinkle,
a few months have passed and have you seen other docs or are you waiting until july 2023? Thanks much for sharing, I'm in the same predicament.

hi twinkle,
a few months have passed and have you seen other docs or are you waiting until july 2023? Thanks much for sharing, I'm in the same predicament.
Hihi I just did an embryo transfer I went for my 3rd fresh and did a pgs testing only got one normal embryo currently in my 2WW.

Hi everyone,
I also plan to go Ivf+pgs. May I know if there is any criteria to be approved for pgs? I only have 1 miscarriage, but reaching 40 so I prefer pgs.

Hi all
I just had my 4th miscarriage through a pgs tested embryo. After my 2nd and 3rd miscarriage I did a series of test- karotyping on both me and my hubs and we appeared normal, a lot of test on blood stickiness etc and all came back normal. Hence doc say it might be a chance thing and chromosome thing which she recommended me (kkh) to go NUH for pgs ivf cycle, which I did this year. So I went for my 3rd and last subsidized ivf co fund cycle and out of 20 eggs extracted, only 2 blast made it for Pgs testing and out of the 2 blast I had one euploid embryo my only normal embryo, which I hope it can stick which it did. So I got preggy this round but the first initial hcg was low (192) hence doc asked me to go back for another hcg test and it doubles up well (1500+) in just 4 days, so that’s a good sign, however hopes dashed when I started spotting days after and I went ane and they discover the sac is not say in a right positive near down to the cervix it could be it implanted at a wrong position or it is on its way out. The next day the spotting became heavy bleeding which was intense and scary cos every one hour my pad is full and I had like super big golf ball shaped clogs which I visited ane again, and they mentioned they saw a sac and Yolk sac but it’s moving down the cervix canal le I was still worried it was a cervical ectopic pregnancy. But ane says unlikely. Next day I went back to NUH to do my scan to confirm the miscarriage and the sac is gone went to see my doc and he mentioned bleeding is tapering. As to why Pgs embryo fails he says he has no answer as all the test I did was normal and suggest maybe I shd go for surrogacy as my body cannot seemed to carry a pregnancy. I’m really very sad and dunno what to do at this point as I really want a child and I’m already 35… hsd my first pregnancy at 33, and the fertility journey starts at 32 with various test, ivf, iui cycles and 4 miscarriages. I always ask myself and ask god why me why I have 4 miscarriage this is 1% of the people and I’m so suay. Hai. Appreciate if anyone have similar occurrences with me and can advice me on next steps? I am still thinking of going to prof choolani to complete a full test or repeat all the test and do a fresh ivf with a private doc. But all these will incur alot of cost, body strains and time to do. I am working now and it’s tough to manage.

Hi all
I just had my 4th miscarriage through a pgs tested embryo. After my 2nd and 3rd miscarriage I did a series of test- karotyping on both me and my hubs and we appeared normal, a lot of test on blood stickiness etc and all came back normal. Hence doc say it might be a chance thing and chromosome thing which she recommended me (kkh) to go NUH for pgs ivf cycle, which I did this year. So I went for my 3rd and last subsidized ivf co fund cycle and out of 20 eggs extracted, only 2 blast made it for Pgs testing and out of the 2 blast I had one euploid embryo my only normal embryo, which I hope it can stick which it did. So I got preggy this round but the first initial hcg was low (192) hence doc asked me to go back for another hcg test and it doubles up well (1500+) in just 4 days, so that’s a good sign, however hopes dashed when I started spotting days after and I went ane and they discover the sac is not say in a right positive near down to the cervix it could be it implanted at a wrong position or it is on its way out. The next day the spotting became heavy bleeding which was intense and scary cos every one hour my pad is full and I had like super big golf ball shaped clogs which I visited ane again, and they mentioned they saw a sac and Yolk sac but it’s moving down the cervix canal le I was still worried it was a cervical ectopic pregnancy. But ane says unlikely. Next day I went back to NUH to do my scan to confirm the miscarriage and the sac is gone went to see my doc and he mentioned bleeding is tapering. As to why Pgs embryo fails he says he has no answer as all the test I did was normal and suggest maybe I shd go for surrogacy as my body cannot seemed to carry a pregnancy. I’m really very sad and dunno what to do at this point as I really want a child and I’m already 35… hsd my first pregnancy at 33, and the fertility journey starts at 32 with various test, ivf, iui cycles and 4 miscarriages. I always ask myself and ask god why me why I have 4 miscarriage this is 1% of the people and I’m so suay. Hai. Appreciate if anyone have similar occurrences with me and can advice me on next steps? I am still thinking of going to prof choolani to complete a full test or repeat all the test and do a fresh ivf with a private doc. But all these will incur alot of cost, body strains and time to do. I am working now and it’s tough to manage.
if you really want a child, then next step is to try artificially through a doc or go natural route. the artificial route cost both time commitment and money so save up while you can. the time commitment bit, i guess you have to make time, or you can try natural until you decide its time to do the artificial route again and realign whatever is in your life

if you really want a child, then next step is to try artificially through a doc or go natural route. the artificial route cost both time commitment and money so save up while you can. the time commitment bit, i guess you have to make time, or you can try natural until you decide its time to do the artificial route again and realign whatever is in your life
I’ve done everything already- iui and IVFs

Hi all
So sorry about your losses. I only had 1 mc and just about to start ivf, not so experienced to give you advice, but I want to say jiayou in whatever decision you make. Check if your body needs some rest before starting again. Maybe do some testing w Dr Choolani on sickle cell, autoimmune disease etc. since you had 4mc. Most important is your health. At the end of the day, we need good health to raise a baby. If it's too strained out, you may discuss with husband on surrogate or adoption. Or going on vacation for sometime. Who knows you maybe pregnant naturally and carry to term when the mind is distracted. Don't put pressure on yourself. All the best and hope you'll recover soon!

sharing my experience here to mummies with similar situation since i benefited last time reading this thread. I had 2 miscarriages within a year, 1 at 6w and the other at 10w. I had nothing tested for the first miscarriage as doc thinks its a random case, and the 2nd miscarriage was a T21 baby that died during our 11w scan. After the 2 miscarriages, I stopped trying and worked to build my health. We also went for several tests, hubby tested for sperm quality, we both tested for chromosomes issue, I also went for full blood test. We went through polyclinic referral and i think it cost about $2.5k all-in with some tests subsidised and some not. Anyway after 6 months of testing due to repeated blood test done, I was found out to have APS which is sticky blood syndrome. But this should not have affected my fertility, so we were told to try again. However we did not try again as we were too heartbroken from the 2 miscarriages and I felt that our body is not ready. I also read a book called ‘It starts with an Egg’, and read multiple non-local forums talking about supplements such as ubiquinol, omega-3 etc to support the egg and sperm health. Thus, based on the book’s recommendation, we started taking supplements for 3 months before trying again. Shortly after, I got pregnant. I have APS so i needed to jab a blood thinner medicine Clexane every day until 6w post delivery. Thats about 300 jabs for a baby but worth it when i see my DS now. Just found out I’m pregnant again, and hopefully this will encourage those who are in the same shoes as I found hope reading previous stories as well. Jiayou all!! :)
Hi jlingmummy, just found that I had similar similar situation with u and feel encouraging after reading ur post. I had 2 miscarriages this year, one at 9 week and another at 7 week. Didn’t do any test for the 1st miscarriage and the 2nd miscarriage was a T22 baby. Went to NUH high risk clinic and gynae called for a series of blood test for me and all came back normal. Read the book “It starts with an Egg” and understand that recurrent miscarriages due to chromosome error is because of bad egg or sperm. So I asked gynae if my hubby need to do semen analysis, DNA defragmentation test and we both should do chromosome tests but 2 NUH gynae said no need as the semen and DNA test are for those cannot conceive while T22 is due to error during cell division so it got nothing to do with our chromosome. They said we can try again and no further tests are required. You mentioned that you went for several tests like chromosome and sperm quality tests, did you take all these tests voluntarily or gynae advised you to take? I’m at a dilemma now whether we both take chromosome test or hubby go for semen analysis or listen to gynae not to do any further tests and take supplements before trying again. Appreciate it if you can give me some advice on this. Thanks!

Back