IUI

Hi all, looking for IUI-cycle buddy! I did my IUI at SGH on 5 November, and looking for TWW-buddy!

Hi. Who's your doctor?
I'm currently not seeing SGH, so can't be Tww-buddy, but I can still be SGH-buddy. I went to Sgh for ivf last year twice. This year, nope. I'm planning for next year

Hi everyone, need some enlightening. Going for my first iui at KKH as i have high AMH, all other tests for both hubby and myself are good except my AMH level as such i don't usually ovulate. Letrozole did make me ovulate so dr has prescribed me letrozole again before my iui. Just wanted an understanding to know what are my chances of having a successful iui.

Hi everyone need some advice I’m really confused with my iui in kkh. So they asked me to test for LH using urine strip and it’s not really positive on fri ( the line is fainter than the control line) then they asked me to come back on sat for another scan. This time round my LH test is more faint than fri so should be negative and I was worried could fri be the positive but after the scan they mentioned follicles are still growing and the biggest one is 20 and lining ready already. So the doc told me I need to do iui immediately on the day itself (sat). And I’m not sure why the paper put my LH as positive even though it’s negative and the doc say because I have two lines she will considered it as positive even though it’s fainter or faint than the control line. So I had my trigger shot + iui done 2 hours after on the same day. I’m confused she say my ovulation is likely to be tml which they are closed and my follicles + lining + LH is positive. The only doubt I have is the LH test which is so hard to determine worst still sat is fainter than fri making me think that I have ovulated. Anybody in the same shoes? Got people do iui early before ovulation? Cos i uds that once trigger u will only ovulate 36 hours later I did ask if I can do iui on mon but the doc mention I will miss the boat if I do on mon. Why they can’t give me blocker shot on sat and prolong to mon?

I also thought IUI pointless.

But first time if not too old below 35 they usually ask you try. Easier and cheaper.

To my surprise , success after first try. Now got a toddler running around

Hi everyone need some advice I’m really confused with my iui in kkh. So they asked me to test for LH using urine strip and it’s not really positive on fri ( the line is fainter than the control line) then they asked me to come back on sat for another scan. This time round my LH test is more faint than fri so should be negative and I was worried could fri be the positive but after the scan they mentioned follicles are still growing and the biggest one is 20 and lining ready already. So the doc told me I need to do iui immediately on the day itself (sat). And I’m not sure why the paper put my LH as positive even though it’s negative and the doc say because I have two lines she will considered it as positive even though it’s fainter or faint than the control line. So I had my trigger shot + iui done 2 hours after on the same day. I’m confused she say my ovulation is likely to be tml which they are closed and my follicles + lining + LH is positive. The only doubt I have is the LH test which is so hard to determine worst still sat is fainter than fri making me think that I have ovulated. Anybody in the same shoes? Got people do iui early before ovulation? Cos i uds that once trigger u will only ovulate 36 hours later I did ask if I can do iui on mon but the doc mention I will miss the boat if I do on mon. Why they can’t give me blocker shot on sat and prolong to mon?

Hi looking at your progress, it looks like the optimal day is Sun/Mon. But kkh is closed that day.. I think it's okay to do it earlier bcos sperm can live up to 5 days in a women's body. I had my iui insemination done on 7th Dec. On 3rd dec my 2 biggest follicles are 20mm and 15.5mm. Doctors wanted me to have more than 2 follicles, so I continued with puregon & blocker. My trigger was 5th dec. 6th dec was just chill, no puregon. My iui was done on 7th dec.

Hi looking at your progress, it looks like the optimal day is Sun/Mon. But kkh is closed that day.. I think it's okay to do it earlier bcos sperm can live up to 5 days in a women's body. I had my iui insemination done on 7th Dec. On 3rd dec my 2 biggest follicles are 20mm and 15.5mm. Doctors wanted me to have more than 2 follicles, so I continued with puregon & blocker. My trigger was 5th dec. 6th dec was just chill, no puregon. My iui was done on 7th dec.
Wow so good yea I have other follicles but the size is 14mm and so I think only got two follicles ar the right size even thought doc wanted 7. U done yours at kkh too? They didn’t give me blocker on sat and sun to wait for iui on mon they say it will be too late. Do u have any symptoms right now

I also thought IUI pointless.

But first time if not too old below 35 they usually ask you try. Easier and cheaper.

To my surprise , success after first try. Now got a toddler running around
Sooo happy for you! I'm hoping to have the same luck :)

Wow so good yea I have other follicles but the size is 14mm and so I think only got two follicles ar the right size even thought doc wanted 7. U done yours at kkh too? They didn’t give me blocker on sat and sun to wait for iui on mon they say it will be too late. Do u have any symptoms right now

Yep kkh. 2 follicles is good! :) Don't think you can proceed with iui with 7 follicles.. will have to cancel the whole iui/ convert to ivf. I only had 1 follicle for my 1st iui, this is my 2nd. Doctors were aiming for 3 follicles for me actually. But the 3rd one is growing too slowly.. so far no symptoms. How about you?

I have just done my follow up for IUI. I only have one prominent follicle at 16mm currently the rest are all small..really praying hard for a good outcome..

Hi All, I'm new to the IUI process too, just had my appointment with Dr after the 5 days of puregon injections. Dr did a scan and said the eggs are growing quite slow. He prescribe me with more medicines and will review again in 3 days time. Just curious, is it pretty common to initially have the eggs growing slow and does anyone have the same experience before?

Hi All, I'm new to the IUI process too, just had my appointment with Dr after the 5 days of puregon injections. Dr did a scan and said the eggs are growing quite slow. He prescribe me with more medicines and will review again in 3 days time. Just curious, is it pretty common to initially have the eggs growing slow and does anyone have the same experience before?
Hi Mul, yes it does take time to grow. Expected follicle size during CD 13-15 is about 17-22cm. So dont worry, just relax. I did alot of remedy like eating sunflower seeds, Salmon, Pomegranate and etc. Not sure how much they help but no harm also. I m also in the midst of my procedure. All the best to you dear

Hi Mul, yes it does take time to grow. Expected follicle size during CD 13-15 is about 17-22cm. So dont worry, just relax. I did alot of remedy like eating sunflower seeds, Salmon, Pomegranate and etc. Not sure how much they help but no harm also. I m also in the midst of my procedure. All the best to you dear
Thanks for sharing! I'm abit relieved now. Seems like our procedure might be a few days apart. Wishing you all the best too and lots of positive vibes your way..

Thanks for sharing! I'm abit relieved now. Seems like our procedure might be a few days apart. Wishing you all the best too and lots of positive vibes your way..
You're most welcome! I think we need all the positivity at this point. Remember don't overthink and over expect. Sending you tons of positive energy, wish you the best. Take care

Yep kkh. 2 follicles is good! :) Don't think you can proceed with iui with 7 follicles.. will have to cancel the whole iui/ convert to ivf. I only had 1 follicle for my 1st iui, this is my 2nd. Doctors were aiming for 3 follicles for me actually. But the 3rd one is growing too slowly.. so far no symptoms. How about you?
I’m out this cycle :( how about u?

Hihi thanks all :) I ate 2 brazil nuts tgt with folic acid and progesterone pills first thing every morning (while I prep breakfast). I included pomegranates and avocados in my breakfast on alternate days. I love carbs so I can't completely cut off. I cut off about 50%, replacing it with wholemeal bread/ brown rice/ brown pasta. I think positivity is very important... I ate a lot of sashimi, raw oysters and even raw crabs (which I heard I'm not supposed to eat too much) during my tww to "compensate" my mental health for going through so many injections and trips to do scans..... Hope all of you succeed in time! <3

Hihi thanks all :) I ate 2 brazil nuts tgt with folic acid and progesterone pills first thing every morning (while I prep breakfast). I included pomegranates and avocados in my breakfast on alternate days. I love carbs so I can't completely cut off. I cut off about 50%, replacing it with wholemeal bread/ brown rice/ brown pasta. I think positivity is very important... I ate a lot of sashimi, raw oysters and even raw crabs (which I heard I'm not supposed to eat too much) during my tww to "compensate" my mental health for going through so many injections and trips to do scans..... Hope all of you succeed in time! <3
Niceeee, and it all has paid off and i m very happy for you. Pomegranate is a very good fruit to have actually. Good choices of food options you had. I had the almost similar but not having too much expectations so lets just hope for the best.

Did you experience any cramping? I m so confused because it is 8 days post IUI and i m feeling like menstrual cramps not just in abdomen but alsp my legs.

Did you experience any cramping? I m so confused because it is 8 days post IUI and i m feeling like menstrual cramps not just in abdomen but alsp my legs.

I experienced light tugging at the left side of my cervix one night (which was where my 2 dominant follicles are located), but I told myself to not overthink. I didn’t have any cramps but I had spotting (brown discharge) at the end of my tww which led me to think that my menses is coming..

I experienced light tugging at the left side of my cervix one night (which was where my 2 dominant follicles are located), but I told myself to not overthink. I didn’t have any cramps but I had spotting (brown discharge) at the end of my tww which led me to think that my menses is coming..

I too had brown discharge 5 days post IUI, i m trying not to overthink but i just feel AF is on the way :(

I too had brown discharge 5 days post IUI, i m trying not to overthink but i just feel AF is on the way :(

Hmm spotting 5 days post iui sounds positive babe! It could be implantation! Continue to stay positive and hope for the best.. you did everything you can, now it’s the waiting game. Baby dust to you!! ❤️

Hmm spotting 5 days post iui sounds positive babe! It could be implantation! Continue to stay positive and hope for the best.. you did everything you can, now it’s the waiting game. Baby dust to you!! ❤
Thanks alot babe for the positive energy. You made me feel better. All the best to you, remember to take care of your health during this period and stay safe

Babe, can i understand how was your brown discharge like as you mentioned you tot it was your period? Because it's day 14th for me and last Sunday i had some small spottings and Monday and today (tuesday) i m having like dark brown period like but this is not how my normal AF is because this kind of dark discharge is only on my last day of period. I did a home test in the evening it was Negative. I m lost

Babe, can i understand how was your brown discharge like as you mentioned you tot it was your period? Because it's day 14th for me and last Sunday i had some small spottings and Monday and today (tuesday) i m having like dark brown period like but this is not how my normal AF is because this kind of dark discharge is only on my last day of period. I did a home test in the evening it was Negative. I m lost

My spotting was brown discharge. It’s not heavy flow, but also not considered light. Somewhat in the middle. It stopped after abt 3 days where I increased progesterone dosage to thrice a day. When is your blood test with the doc? I think blood test is the most accurate..

My spotting was brown discharge. It’s not heavy flow, but also not considered light. Somewhat in the middle. It stopped after abt 3 days where I increased progesterone dosage to thrice a day. When is your blood test with the doc? I think blood test is the most accurate..
Hi babe, thanks for the prompt reply but sadly i got my AF full flow. Nevertheless not going to give up so still keeping my spirits high to try again

Hi babe, thanks for the prompt reply but sadly i got my AF full flow. Nevertheless not going to give up so still keeping my spirits high to try again

Hugs babe.. I was there, not too long ago. The sun will rise and we always begin again. Your miracle is on it’s way

Hello, anyone here just started iui? i just started SO-IUI last week. Daily injections and visit to the hospital ever alternate day is taking a toll on me mentally…doc kept increasing dosage as my follicles are still small.. :(

Currently with Dr Kelly Loi for IUI -- will start our first session in two weeks. Best of luck to all of us. I'm getting excited reading good news from people here :)

Hi everyone I did my first IUI today at NUH so here's the start of my tww. Any recommendations on things to do to allow implantation to happen smoothly? Also my doc didn't prescribe progesterone which seems commonly prescribed in iui but I forgot to ask why :(

for those who have conceived via SOIUI and was on progesterone in the TWW, did yall have any symptoms?? just had my procedure done 1 week ago!

Hi everyone I did my first IUI today at NUH so here's the start of my tww. Any recommendations on things to do to allow implantation to happen smoothly? Also my doc didn't prescribe progesterone which seems commonly prescribed in iui but I forgot to ask why :(
Hi, i am currently going for my 2nd iui hope i can make it as there is the cny break. Anw, my doc at nuh also didnt prescribe me with me with any on my first. I did ask him how i can increase my chances , he told me nth can increase. Its like jus hv to wait for miracle. Hahaha. The reason for him nt giving me any prescription is that i am ovulating properly. Hence i do not requre. But i also do read alot on ppl hving progesterone. I started eating walnut and red dates everyday and adding accupucture. Hope this will help..

Hihi seems like KKH gives progesterone and NUH doesn't. Diff hospital diff practice maybe? I was given progesterones and was told by the gynae it helps implantation. Smth like it helps the fertilized egg be implanted in the uterus. @Rainbow.life I was ovulating well also. My case was unexplained infertility bcos both my husband and myself are clear. Also, maybe can try eating 2 brazil nuts daily. In any case, good luck to you future mommies!! Jia you!

Hi, I’m new to IUI and would like to try. Currently with SGH, but they are too slow in response. Considering to switch to KKH, Anyone here can share with me their experience with KKH? TIA

Hi, I’m new to IUI and would like to try. Currently with SGH, but they are too slow in response. Considering to switch to KKH, Anyone here can share with me their experience with KKH? TIA

Hello! I've done 3 cycles of IUI with KKH. First was oral medication only, second was injection based and both failed unfortunately.
Currently on my third which is using both injection and medication at the same time.

So far I feel the experience is great. Everyone seems to be patient and friendly. But waiting time for scanning and etc could be killing
Some days took 2-3 hours, some days took 4-5 hours plus

And anyway I created a TLG grp for ladies who are trying to TTC in 2022. Feel free to join ya :)

Attachments

• F15F3AFE-5E29-4116-B00E-358419ADC0D1.jpeg
    F15F3AFE-5E29-4116-B00E-358419ADC0D1.jpeg
    57.2 KB · Views: 88
Hello! I've done 3 cycles of IUI with KKH. First was oral medication only, second was injection based and both failed unfortunately.
Currently on my third which is using both injection and medication at the same time.

So far I feel the experience is great. Everyone seems to be patient and friendly. But waiting time for scanning and etc could be killing

hi! Are u with Dr Jessie? For the scans and etc, will it be done by Dr Jessie herself? She seems to be keen to have me on the medicated IUI as well.

hi! Are u with Dr Jessie? For the scans and etc, will it be done by Dr Jessie herself? She seems to be keen to have me on the medicated IUI as well.

Hi yes I'm with dr Jessie! Unfortunately for IUI, all the scanning and procedures will be done by doctors and nurses in charge. If you opt for IVF, only the procedures will be done by her otherwise still with doctors or nurses in charge based on my understanding hehe

Hi hi… thanks for sharing.. I’m looking forward to my first appointment at kkh. Hope my experience in kkh will be better than sgh.. hope to hear good news from you soon.. .

2nd soiui failed and thinking of doing the 3rd try straight away. Any suggestions if it is ok?

Also, when i did my 2nd iui procedure, it was pretty stressful because the doc had a hard time inserting the sperm. They had to get a senior doc to complete the insertion. The reason was that entry to my womb is difficult to locate. Didnt had this problem on the 1st iui. Anyone experience this before? Could it be why the procedure failed?

Back