Support Group - Endometriosis and Fibroids.

Hi eun1411, thanks for your reply. What 2as your dosage back then. Mine was 3.75mg. I havent take it yet though.

I can't remembered the dosage I took then. The jab was supposed to last me 3 months but and up it lasted me 6 months. After in which I was put on Visanne permanent till now. Sadly to say, my endometriosis came back again ): Mine is pretty aggressive

last time on my left now on my right. sigh.
Previously during surgery, they diagnosed me with stage 4 endometriosis cause of the seriousness (endometriosis was found on my bladder, intestine and pelvic) that why need jab. ):

Last edited:
I can't remembered the dosage I took then. The jab was supposed to last me 3 months but and up it lasted me 6 months. After in which I was put on Visanne permanent till now. Sadly to say, my endometriosis came back again ): Mine is pretty aggressive

last time on my left now on my right. sigh.
Previously during surgery, they diagnosed me with stage 4 endometriosis cause of the seriousness (endometriosis was found on my bladder, intestine and pelvic) that why need jab. ):

Ic. Hope you will get well soon. Jia u!!

Hi hi zcshop,

I took the jab this march to shrink my fibroids and endometriosis for preparation for my ivf cycle in April .

This is my third time taking this jab.
The previous two times were given after my surgery to remove my fibroids and subsequently to shrink my fibroids and endometriosis again.

The effective of jab suppose to last for 3 months. But it usually last longer than that. I remember that the longest time I waited for my menses to return is about 8months.

But I guess it will varies depending on individual . You may not take that long. Or your doctor may have any plans for you.

Wish you a successful surgery. Take care.
Do message me if you need any information. Will try to help :)

Ic. Hope you will get well soon. Jia u!!

Thank you so much. Then I was hopeful it won't reccur so fast since I went for the surgery. End up, mine reccur less than 3 years. Now I hope the current one will decrease in size with medication. This endometriosis is such a headache.

Hi all, i got my lucrin jab on CD2 at 3.75mg to shrink the fibroids. The nurse said that the effects should kick in for the next menses cycle. This menses cycle shd more or less the same or prob alittle lesser. However, i feel that my flow got heavier and longer. Im at CD9 and still bleeding. Anyone experience this?

Sorry for the late reply, eun1411, hope u will cross this hurdle soon!!

Thank you so much! I gonna try TCM soon cause I heard it may help to make the cyst grow smaller. Although now my cyst is at 4 plus cm, having it disappear would be a better thing.

Hi all, i got my lucrin jab on CD2 at 3.75mg to shrink the fibroids. The nurse said that the effects should kick in for the next menses cycle. This menses cycle shd more or less the same or prob alittle lesser. However, i feel that my flow got heavier and longer. Im at CD9 and still bleeding. Anyone experience this?

I remembered after my surgery, my period came. I took the jab when my period ended but like the nurse told you; usually the effect will kick in for the next menses which is reduce blood flow to no menses. It would be better if you go back to the gynae to inform them about the bleeding. The last time I ever have such long bleeding was not due to the jab but I bleed 2 weeks till I was put on iron tablets. Take care!

Hi all, anyone did fibroid removal surgery with Dr Tan HH (KKH) as part of your trying to concieve journey? How was the outcome?

I hv 2 fibroids found in my uterus and the recommendation is to remove them. At the same time, my expectation was managed that if scarring happens, i will nv be able to concieve again n im afraid of this.

Hi all, anyone did fibroid removal surgery with Dr Tan HH (KKH) as part of your trying to concieve journey? How was the outcome?

I hv 2 fibroids found in my uterus and the recommendation is to remove them. At the same time, my expectation was managed that if scarring happens, i will nv be able to concieve again n im afraid of this.

Sorry no experience but I think doc will let you know the percentage of risk?

how big are your fibroids?

Hi all

I’m new member here. Just done laparoscopy to remove my endo in right ovary. And my left Fallopian tube also block. Doctor suggested me to take 6mth gnrh agonist jab.
Can I ask should I continue with doctor suggestion or I should have try to conceive first?
I m afraid of the side effect of the injection.
Can I also try natural instead of ivf?
Thanks in advance. Can u share your experience in handling endo?

Anyone done endoscope after yr fib removal ops to chk for scarring, assessment of whether still need to remove more? Is it painful?

Hi all,

I am planning for 3rd FET in Oct. Recently, i am diagnosed with a 3cm blood cyst on my left ovary.
I have yet to see my ivf dr to decide if i could still proceed with the transfer. Anyone with ovarian cysts, managed to proceed with FET successfully? Thank you.

Hi all,

I am planning for 3rd FET in Oct. Recently, i am diagnosed with a 3cm blood cyst on my left ovary.
I have yet to see my ivf dr to decide if i could still proceed with the transfer. Anyone with ovarian cysts, managed to proceed with FET successfully? Thank you.

Me! I had a 3cm cyst when I did my first IVF and FET.

Hi Ladies,

I am not sure if I am suffering from fibroids or cycsts, however I keep having brown/pink discharge (not my period) on and off. The last time I checked, the dr at KKH said I have thick uterus lining. Hence I wish to seek for a second opinion. Would like to ask if anyone can recommend a good gynae (preferably one with not too long waiting time). Thanks in advance!

Did the cyst grow in size after you did stimming? I believe mine grew due to stimming, it was 1cm a yr ago. Did dr mentioned if it will affect pregnancy? Thank you.

Nope it didn't. It remained the same actually. It didn't affect pregnancy too. But it may affect the egg quality.

Hi all

I’m new member here. Just done laparoscopy to remove my endo in right ovary. And my left Fallopian tube also block. Doctor suggested me to take 6mth gnrh agonist jab.
Can I ask should I continue with doctor suggestion or I should have try to conceive first?

Hi Mei Cham,

Sorry if I am late in sharing my experience with GNRH agonist jab. It is a jab with much side effect because it put your body into false menopause state. I did that many years ago and it was very bad with all mood swing, joint aches and uncontrollable anger.

If you have started the jab since your post was in May, then I suggest that you discuss again with your doctor on what is the next best option for you other than the jab. I had at least 3 surgeries due to endometriosis and finally a major one last year to remove the uterus as the endo had progressed to Stage 4 and visane (the only medication which works for me for past 5 years finally failed to control the pain) so i took the decision to remove the uterus.

Visane has its side effects like weight gain and high risk of breast cancer and heart attack so 5 years was indeed like the limit limit. Even the gyane was concerned and wanted me to make a decision. During the 5 years when i was on Visane, there is no menses. It helped a lot on endometriosis.

Hi Ladies,

I am not sure if I am suffering from fibroids or cycsts, however I keep having brown/pink discharge (not my period) on and off. The last time I checked, the dr at KKH said I have thick uterus lining. Hence I wish to seek for a second opinion. Would like to ask if anyone can recommend a good gynae (preferably one with not too long waiting time). Thanks in advance!

Hi VenusMummy,

Can try Dr Peter Chew, i am under his care for endometriosis for 5 years. Book the earliest appt and reach his clinic by 8.45am, the door will be open and you can go in to sit and wait. He will be in around 9.30am once he completed his rounds at the ward. He have 2 consultation rooms and his clinic is always crowded thus best timing is 9am appointment or late afternoon around 4pm.

Hmm just wanted to say hi, just discovered this thread. I have endometriosis and also ovarian cysts. At one point the cysts were as large as a ping pong ball. I did the keyhole surgery to remove them, and try to remove some of the endo too, but as it was too near my intestines, the doctor said that's the most they could do, they will never be able to remove all the endo for fear of rupturing my intestines, and they said all they can do was prescribe me with a lifetime of Panadol for the pain and discharged me. I felt lost when I heard that. It sounded like "You have no hope so bye bye." Anyway I also suffered from miscarriage and also tried for a year to conceive (with help) but nothing worked. Also had yeast infections for years. Pain, pain and more pain was my life.

Anyway, just wanted to say I'm pregnant now, naturally. Didn't take any pills or anything. Unplanned and unassisted. Hmm I did change sperm-provider though, so maybe that had something to do with it. Also, very good sex might be a factor too, I read that somewhere. But just wanted to say, when I thought I would never ever get pregnant and even opened up to the possibility of adoption, this miracle happened. So stay strong and I hope it happens for you too.

Oh also, not sure if for those of you who have pain from your endometriosis, but I had really severe pain, I did a lot of research on my own after getting snubbed by the doctors as "having no cure or treatment" and discovered the benefits of balancing our progesterone/estrogen hormones which help to inhibit more endo growth and seriously reduce my pains and give me regular, normal periods and such. I was on DIM for a few years and I saw what a huge difference it could make. So just wanted to say, even if your doctor says there's "no hope" for you, don't give up, do your own research and find out what works for you. All the best ladies... <3

Hi. Just trying my luck here since this thread is some years ago. It seems that I am in the same situation. Wondering if we could chat for me to pick up some valuable insights.

Hi. Just trying my luck here since this thread is some years ago. It seems that I am in the same situation. Wondering if we could chat for me to pick up some valuable insights.

Hi, just came across this forum and hope to share about Endo based on my personal experience.

I had just underwent laparoscopy to remove my cysts, polyps and fibroids. I have been diagnosed with Stage 3 Endo during the follow-up appointment and what prompted me to check was having heavy flow, bad cramps and blood clots. I am now taking hormone medication as a follow-up to get rid of the remaining Endo in my body.

Am recovering well and hope this puts me back on track with conceiving. Do let me know if you need more information, happy to share!

Hello Good Morning.

I am so new to this. would appreciate any sharing.
1. Is a hysterectomy claimable via enhanced or basic hospitalisation insurance?

2. how much does it cost to have a full hysterctomy?

Thank you

Hi....3 yrs ago i removed my polyps...n 3 weeks ago just removed 4 fibroids, shift down n sew back my ovaries and below procedures....need to wait till Sept to c IVF doc....cant try natural till Aug

Attachments

• 9CBADBF9-2EB0-4EAE-BA0E-5081A5EF6FF0.jpeg
    9CBADBF9-2EB0-4EAE-BA0E-5081A5EF6FF0.jpeg
    927.9 KB · Views: 363
Hi all

Hello there, I've just got discharged yesterday after my 1st (and hopefully the last ever!) laparoscopy for my endometriosis. Prior to discharged, the doc asked me to choose either to go on Visanne or Lucrin that will last for 3 months. With limited time for me to search on those side effects, I've chosen the Lucrin jab. My concern right now is to be able to conceive naturally and not getting my endo relapse.
Ladies, do share with me your experience with the Lucrin, and the possibility to conceive after the 3 months dosage. Almost all my reading was about woman regretting taking this option, is there any light to this?

Hi everyone!

Just chances upon this thread today and wanted to show my support too.. I was diagnosed with endometriosis (chocolate cyst) in May last year and the size of the cyst was about 5cmX3cm on my left ovary. I didn't even realise it all the while and thought my period pains(which were sometimes painful) was normal, until I had abnormal spotting one day and decided to have it checked out. Had my surgery done in July as I was trying to conceive and having the cyst there decreases the chances of conception. Went through laparoscopy and luckily I decided to go for the surgery because my cyst had actually burst and was leaking inside me and there were clots in the cyst as well, which doctor was initially worried that it might be cancerous. No idea why i didn't feel the pain from the burst cyst.. Maybe I have a high tolerance for pain...Thank goodness it wasn't cancerous. Doctor advised me to try to conceive by the end of 2015(in hopes that the pregnancy can renew the ovaries and stifle the possibility of the recurrence of this condition) and just as I was beginning to feel like I had no hope of conceiving easily, I conceived naturally and am now 14 weeks. I guess miracles do happen. Don't lose hope! Jiayou! :)
Hello, congrats & glad to hear some positive news on this journey! May I knoe what medication were you on after the laparoscopy? Did the doctor recommend you to take Visanne or Lucrin jab?

Congrats on the good news, Mel Lee :)

Hello everyone :)

Has any one took the GNRH jab for 3 months before huh? I m waiting for my Mense to come but dunno when. Can sumone share when Mense will come back ? Although I wish I m preggie n menses dun come haha :)
Hello, I've just taken the Lucrin jab for 3 months yesterday after my laparoscopy. Share with me on your experience, I'm TTC as well after this recovery.

Hi, anyone here underwent myomectomy to remove big fibroid >7cm and managed to conceive after that? How long did your recovery take and any recommendations on good gynaes for such procedures? TIA.

Hi dearest all,

I am having 5.6cm endometriosis cyts and planning to go for laproscopy. Having anxiety about the pre and post procedures and success rates. Need your help to share your experience please . If possible pls share good doctor contact thanks:)

Hi dearest all,

I am having 5.6cm endometriosis cyts and planning to go for laproscopy. Having anxiety about the pre and post procedures and success rates. Need your help to share your experience please . If possible pls share good doctor contact thanks:)
hi, which hospital are you referred to? I just discovered i have a 8cm fibroid..

Dear all,

I have been having spotting before the period come/in between period. Around 18/19 days from the 1st day of the period.
Any have the same experience with me?

Thank you

Hi Mummies, can anyway share your experience and how you come to a decision whether to remove just the fibroid OR remove the Uterus completely?

Dear all,

I have been having spotting before the period come/in between period. Around 18/19 days from the 1st day of the period.
This month the spotting is still on going and has been a week
Any have the same experience with me?

Thank you

Hi Mei Cham,

Sorry if I am late in sharing my experience with GNRH agonist jab. It is a jab with much side effect because it put your body into false menopause state. I did that many years ago and it was very bad with all mood swing, joint aches and uncontrollable anger.

If you have started the jab since your post was in May, then I suggest that you discuss again with your doctor on what is the next best option for you other than the jab. I had at least 3 surgeries due to endometriosis and finally a major one last year to remove the uterus as the endo had progressed to Stage 4 and visane (the only medication which works for me for past 5 years finally failed to control the pain) so i took the decision to remove the uterus.

Visane has its side effects like weight gain and high risk of breast cancer and heart attack so 5 years was indeed like the limit limit. Even the gyane was concerned and wanted me to make a decision. During the 5 years when i was on Visane, there is no menses. It helped a lot on endometriosis.
Hi, may I ask how are you doing after the uterus removal surgery? Any side effects? Or generally life as normal?

Hi I got a 10cm fibroid. does Anyone have experience with subsidised route for fibroid removal? I’m wondering how long is the waiting time. Pls email me at [email protected] as I don’t frequent this forum. Thanks.

Hi, im going through the subsidised route and i i have started seeing kkh doctor end of March. I still haven’t gotten it removed because the doctors ordered more tests.

I think the waiting time depends on the complexity of your case.

Hello everyone, so glad im not alone in this journey didnt know there is support group. I just went for ultrasound and found there are 7 fibroids, 2 big ones abt 5.9cm and 7.2cm, remaining 5 small ones less than 3cm. Does anyone have recommendations on doc?

Dr Serena Koh suggested open surgery instead but keyhole surgery is still possible except it wont be able to remove those small fibroids. For keyhole, will be 1cm belly button, 1cm left tummy, 1cm right tummy and 1cm middle tummy and they will tilt the womb and stitch back. Does anyone have similar experience? Im so scared and also going via subsidised route.

Hello everyone, so glad im not alone in this journey didnt know there is support group. I just went for ultrasound and found there are 7 fibroids, 2 big ones abt 5.9cm and 7.2cm, remaining 5 small ones less than 3cm. Does anyone have recommendations on doc?

Dr Serena Koh suggested open surgery instead but keyhole surgery is still possible except it wont be able to remove those small fibroids. For keyhole, will be 1cm belly button, 1cm left tummy, 1cm right tummy and 1cm middle tummy and they will tilt the womb and stitch back. Does anyone have similar experience? Im so scared and also going via subsidised route.
Hey. I intend to go SGH via private route so I can choose doctor. How was your experience with subsidised route? Is it fast?

Back