Any gynae for recommendation

jmsowen

Dear all,

Just found out that my wife is pregnant. Any gynae that is attached to Mount Alvernia and TMC for recommendation as we will like to choose the gynae first before deciding on Mount Alvernia or TMC after the maternity tour.

Thanks in advance.

Dear all,

Just found out that my wife is pregnant. Any gynae that is attached to Mount Alvernia and TMC for recommendation as we will like to choose the gynae first before deciding on Mount Alvernia or TMC after the maternity tour.

Thanks in advance.

Try Dr Don Wong at Woodlands Ave 6! The Gynae link! 30yrs of experience! And he is genuine! $80 consultation and $40 for scan.

Check out Dr Hong Sze Ching
Hi Kris,

Thanks for the recommendation. I had scaled down to between Dr Liana Koe and Dr Hong Sze Ching. After much discussion with my wife, we decide to go for Dr Hong Sze Ching where we had made our appointment on next thursday~~ Looking forward to it.

Dear all,

Thanks in advance.

All 3 Gynae from ACJ clinic are recommended!

All 3 Gynae from ACJ clinic are recommended!

I heard and saw the review that ACJ Clinic are highly sought after which translate to long waiting time at the clinic even if you are on time. As such, there might be instances on the same day of delivery whereby the gynae might need to go various places to deliver which translate to waiting time at the date of delivery as well?

hello everyone. i’m 5 weeks preggy & currently subsidised at SGH. planning to switch to private when the tummy grows bigger. question i) any recommended gynae @ SGH? and ii) for private patients, do we pay the bills by cash totally or medisave? thanks, Mummies!

Hi,

I am not too sure about the gynae at SGH but per my research, i noted that the following gyane that might be preferred:

KKH: Prof John Tee
NUH: Prof Su Lin Lin
TMC: Benjamin Tham
TMC: Adrian Woodworth
Mt E: Choo Wan Ling
Mt A: Goh Shen Li
Gleneagles: Ang Hui Yan
Mt A: Jocelyn Wong
TMC: Paul Tseng
Mt A: Chen Lin Han

However, me and my wife went for Dr Hong Sze Ching (Mt A) instead. We did also consider Dr Liana Koe (TMC). I believe the bills are to be paid in cash first and then claim from the hospital (place of delivery) with the original invoice via the medisave.

Hi,

I am not too sure about the gynae at SGH but per my research, i noted that the following gyane that might be preferred:

However, me and my wife went for Dr Hong Sze Ching (Mt A) instead. We did also consider Dr Liana Koe (TMC). I believe the bills are to be paid in cash first and then claim from the hospital (place of delivery) with the original invoice via the medisave.
Thanks for the list of gynae. May your wife have a smooth pregnancy & delivery!

Hi Kris,

Thanks for the recommendation. I had scaled down to between Dr Liana Koe and Dr Hong Sze Ching. After much discussion with my wife, we decide to go for Dr Hong Sze Ching where we had made our appointment on next thursday~~ Looking forward to it.

Then you are in good hands. God bless and take care

Hi,

H

high recommend hong sze ching. trusted and reliable

Hi Kris,

Hi, May I know do you have the charges and rates for dr Hong sze Ching? Can you please pm me? Thanks :)

I heard and saw the review that ACJ Clinic are highly sought after which translate to long waiting time at the clinic even if you are on time. As such, there might be instances on the same day of delivery whereby the gynae might need to go various places to deliver which translate to waiting time at the date of delivery as well?
Joycelyn Wong only delivers in Mount A so I didn't worry about her needing to go to other places.

Agreed on the waiting time so i always get 1st two slots in the morning or right after lunch.

Hi, I will not recommend Dr Hong Sze Ching as i have an unpleasant experience with her.
I would say that she was friendly and nice when we saw her at early stage pregnancy.

However, when you have complications with your pregnancy I will not recommend her. Towards the end of my pregnancy, she was irresponsive to my queries to calls and emails, unable to provide prompt and reliable care and support.

Was not even given a emergency number to reach out to even though I could go into labour anytime.

She had alot of good reviews when she was with KKH but now setting up her own private, service seems to have dropped.

Hi, I will not recommend Dr Hong Sze Ching as i have an unpleasant experience with her.
I would say that she was friendly and nice when we saw her at early stage pregnancy.

However, when you have complications with your pregnancy I will not recommend her. Towards the end of my pregnancy, she was irresponsive to my queries to calls and emails, unable to provide prompt and reliable care and support.

Was not even given a emergency number to reach out to even though I could go into labour anytime.

She had alot of good reviews when she was with KKH but now setting up her own private, service seems to have dropped.
Hi,

Sorry to hear that but seeing this post, I have to stick my neck out for Dr Hong. Me and my wife had a wonderful experience with her through my wife first pregnancy journey.

Perhaps my wife's pregnancy might not as complicated as yours but as first time parents to be, we are always anxious and had queries either direct via consultation and indirect via email. Contrary to what you had say, all my calls and emails are being responding within 1 to 3 working days. Also when near to the labour date, we are provided with clear instruction and an emergency number should my wife go into labour. Sure enough, my wife water bag burst at 36 weeks and 6 days where we quickly call the emergency provided where within less than 5 minutes under the instruction of her, we are on our way to the hospital.

Overall, we are pleased with the services provided by Dr Hong and her charges are reasonable as well despite that her clinic is part of the SOG Group where it is listed on Singapore Stock Exchange (normally, high charges eg. Q&M Dental).

Perhaps its might be due to her staffs had missed something out during the process and should flag out to her so that she can rectify it.

hello everyone. i’m 5 weeks preggy & currently subsidised at SGH. planning to switch to private when the tummy grows bigger. question i) any recommended gynae @ SGH? and ii) for private patients, do we pay the bills by cash totally or medisave? thanks, Mummies!

SGH can find prof Tan hak koon. He’s the best. I think he’s the HOD of gynaecologist. My #1 and #2 is with him. Both times the Nurses at ward and reception area will tell me I’m in good hands and don’t have to worry.

SGH can find prof Tan hak koon. He’s the best. I think he’s the HOD of gynaecologist. My #1 and #2 is with him. Both times the Nurses at ward and reception area will tell me I’m in good hands and don’t have to worry.
Hi dear, so you're private patient in SGH before for your no1 no2 child right? How's Prof Tan Hak Koon? Does he answers your questions patiently and caring doctor? As I'm also looking for a gynae to deliver my third child next year march as private patient, this will be my first time going to public hospital so I'm not sure who to go with as my gynae

Joycelyn Wong only delivers in Mount A so I didn't worry about her needing to go to other places.

Agreed on the waiting time so i always get 1st two slots in the morning or right after lunch.
Hi,

Do u have the rate for Dr Joycelyn Wong? Any review about her?

Sorry to hear of your experience. But from what I know of Dr Hong, she is very professional and steady one. She was a recommended gynae through my ex colleague, now close friend. My LO is now 18 months and when I saw Dr Hong during my pregnancy, she and her team were very caring and thorough, and always contactable. My baby was supposed to be an early premmie, but by the grace of god, came out at 38 weeks. I credit Dr Hong and her team for seeing me through my pregnancy.

Dr Jen Shek Wei is a good option too if you're considering going the private route. He helped me deliver baby #1 (first one was MC) despite having a high-risk pregnancy.

Dr Jen Shek Wei is a good option too if you're considering going the private route. He helped me deliver baby #1 (first one was MC) despite having a high-risk pregnancy.

We were also referred to Dr Jen, though not for a high-risk pregnancy. He's really kind and hands-on.

The nurses like him because he is a very efficient doctor. He doesn't make them do OT unlike other doctors. Dr Tan is good for ordinary pregnancies. Because he is very efficient, he can overlook complicated pregnancies. I speak from experience.

Congratulations on the wonderful news! I highly recommend considering Health Care for Women led by Dr. Chen Chern Yi. Her expertise and compassionate care make her an excellent choice for prenatal and maternity needs. Her affiliation with both Mount Alvernia and TMC ensures flexibility in hospital selection. Wishing you and your wife a smooth journey ahead.

Back