Anyone doing IVF in 2020?

Hi Dear,

You can try taking in Mushroom Soups, Broccoli, Cauliflowers & stop taking in Caffeine.

Avoid drinking too much soy products (Soy Milk, Tofu, Beancurds as they are high in phytoestrogens which contributes to more estrogen)

I love cooking mushroom soups during my TWW. Hope this helps! You can enjoy it 3 times a week

1 Vegetable Knorr
400mls Water
1 Pkt Inoki Mushroom
handful of Shitake Mushrooms
handful of Abalone Mushrooms

Boil them and eat them. You can add Broccoli & cauliflower into the soup too! And add in Spinach to get more iron!
Hot Soya Milk from Mr Bean, you can drink them 2 times a week - 1 cup.

Hope this helps!

Hi Azasha, Congrats to ur pregnancy hehe!
Thanks for the advice, but is Soya Milk high in estrogen? I took quite alot during my last cycle which idk is it the caused of it :(

Hi Azasha, Congrats to ur pregnancy hehe!
Thanks for the advice, but is Soya Milk high in estrogen? I took quite alot during my last cycle which idk is it the caused of it :(
Hi dear!!! Soya Product contains high in phyto-estrogens which is a form of estrogen.. we do need estrogen in our body to balance with progesterone.. too much of it isn't good.. Maybe you can try to reduce or stop taking in Soya Products for the moment or in the coming cycle and see hows the reading.. I have PCOS and cysts too.. I take Fresh Soy Milk 2 times a week during my stim & TWW period to balance out with the progesterone supplements given by the Dr. :) But for u currently try to avoid taking soya first during ur stim period.

Thank you so much dear!! Baby dust to you all!

Hi dear!!! Soya Product contains high in phyto-estrogens which is a form of estrogen.. we do need estrogen in our body to balance with progesterone.. too much of it isn't good.. Maybe you can try to reduce or stop taking in Soya Products for the moment or in the coming cycle and see hows the reading.. I have PCOS and cysts too.. I take Fresh Soy Milk 2 times a week during my stim & TWW period to balance out with the progesterone supplements given by the Dr. :) But for u currently try to avoid taking soya first during ur stim period.

Thank you so much dear!! Baby dust to you all!

Thank u so much <3

Hi am looking for gynae to remove polyp. Any recommendations? Also anyone with similar experience? Care to share more details?

Hi am looking for gynae to remove polyp. Any recommendations? Also anyone with similar experience? Care to share more details?
Hi!

I did a HSG prior to my IVF but all was cleared but discovered a small polyp during one of my scans when I was doing my stimms.

My doctor is Dr Chua from KKH, I was referred to him from polyclinic. He did my IUI, ER, polyp removal and ET. I read alot on polyp removal and was told to be prepared for pain after the procedure, kkh also gave me strong pain killers but the whole procedure pre and post recovery was very smooth with minimal to no pain. I thought Dr Chua is really good and patient, was a good experience w him. You can consider!

Thank you. Do you have the full name of Dr Chua? Went to Google about him but there are a few Dr Chua at kkh.

Btw, Was your ET successful? How many eggs you had? I went for ER but didn’t make it to transfer any. So sad

Thank you. Do you have the full name of Dr Chua? Went to Google about him but there are a few Dr Chua at kkh.

Btw, Was your ET successful? How many eggs you had? I went for ER but didn’t make it to transfer any. So sad
Dr Chua Ka Hee.

I am only doing my FET this month, had to rest and recover after my polyp removal + had mild OHSS post ER.

I retrieved 21 eggs and 14 fertilised but only 4 made it to blastocyst.

How many eggs did u retrieve? Did your doctor share the reasons? Are u with KKH too?

My recent ER has 10 eggs retrieved, 7 fertilised and 3 blasts on day 5. Failed my first FET and moving on to 2nd FET now... cant help but feel anxious..

Nope is the scan during D2 of menses before can start the stims.. the nurse said it will go off on its own, but i'm just afraid it will still be there again on the next cycle *fingers crossed* hope its gone!
This happened to me too when I did my 2nd fresh cycle. Luckily the BT passed and go ahead with stimm. I'm not sure did doc remove it during ER. Will ask the doc today. And ask her why the cyst is there aft my 1st fresh cycle and how it will go off. Let you know when i have the answer.

[
Nope is the scan during D2 of menses before can start the stims.. the nurse said it will go off on its own, but i'm just afraid it will still be there again on the next cycle *fingers crossed* hope its gone!
Happen to me when I first go for my baseline scan, but mine was a functional cyst, which I google the meaning that it mention it happen when no egg was release when I ovulated that month. I have to abort that cycle as the cyst is too big. On my subsequent menses , it was become smaller and I took a BT, it was within e range then doc give me the go ahead for ivf stims. It was no longer there when I did my last scan . Not same it it’s the same

Yes dear.. i started preping my body after 1st ivf cycle didnt work.. i start taking the Blackmore's Conceive Well Tablets first for 2 months then stopped. 1 month before 2nd cycle, started again with the strict no cold water & no sodas.. i wish the best to all other ladies here too! Don't give up!! All your efforts wont go to waste.. *hugs*

Hi Azasha, can we soak feet in hot water hours before FET to prepare ourselves? I read that it’s not recommended to soak or use hear pack after FET. Have you read of such? Thanks.

This happened to me too when I did my 2nd fresh cycle. Luckily the BT passed and go ahead with stimm. I'm not sure did doc remove it during ER. Will ask the doc today. And ask her why the cyst is there aft my 1st fresh cycle and how it will go off. Let you know when i have the answer.
Doc was unsure is the cyst still inside my ovary. It could have become one of the matured follicle. But usually this is an empty follicle, meaning no egg.

Yup the nurse did say if blood test borderline they can still start me on the stims. Can update me after u asked ur Doc? thank u and appreciate!!:)

[

Happen to me when I first go for my baseline scan, but mine was a functional cyst, which I google the meaning that it mention it happen when no egg was release when I ovulated that month. I have to abort that cycle as the cyst is too big. On my subsequent menses , it was become smaller and I took a BT, it was within e range then doc give me the go ahead for ivf stims. It was no longer there when I did my last scan . Not same it it’s the same

Yup the cycle was cancelled so now i'm waiting for next cycle to check again... i don't know how long this cyst will go off.

Doc was unsure is the cyst still inside my ovary. It could have become one of the matured follicle. But usually this is an empty follicle, meaning no egg.

But u're lucky to be able to continue with the stims still. My BT fail cos E2 is high :( hopefully this coming cycle will be gone or at least pass my BT so i can start on the stims

But u're lucky to be able to continue with the stims still. My BT fail cos E2 is high :( hopefully this coming cycle will be gone or at least pass my BT so i can start on the stims
I'm not sure how does the cyst affect P and E2 and why high E2 cannot start stimm. Likewise high P cannot start fresh transfer. IVF have all these rules and criteria which sometimes make us frustrated.

I'm not sure how does the cyst affect P and E2 and why high E2 cannot start stimm. Likewise high P cannot start fresh transfer. IVF have all these rules and criteria which sometimes make us frustrated.

I know right. The nurse said if start stims it may not respond well... but still better not risk wasting a cycle i guess...

Yup the cycle was cancelled so now i'm waiting for next cycle to check again... i don't know how long this cyst will go off.
The doctor told me it usually goes off by the next menses cycle. Don’t worry too much. It’s better to start on next then having to stop in the mid of the stims. At least for now, you can prep yourself more on your cycle.

Hi ladies, I just did my first ever egg retrieval today. Very fortunate to be able to retrieve 16 eggs. Will need to wait for the embryologist to call tomorrow to update me how many got fertilised and when can I do my fresh transfer. Appreciate if there's any tips/advice over the next few days!!

Been documenting my entire IVF process on IG story @Cradleofallies you can follow if interested.

Hi ladies, I just did my first ever egg retrieval today. Very fortunate to be able to retrieve 16 eggs. Will need to wait for the embryologist to call tomorrow to update me how many got fertilised and when can I do my fresh transfer. Appreciate if there's any tips/advice over the next few days!!

Been documenting my entire IVF process on IG story @Cradleofallies you can follow if interested.
Hi there, do not hold your pee, try to release every hour. Eat more Protein stuffs to reduce bloatedness. Drink lots of water too

baby dust to you!!

Would like to find how typically how many cycles of rest after 1 fresh cycle will another fresh cycle takes place? My 1st fresh did not yield gd quality embryos to be transferred or frozen.

Is it just me or the progesterone inserts are making my tummy uncomfortable at times and even constipation.
I believe the uncomfortable feeling are like cramps/twinges? These are indeed part of the side effects.
Would like to find how typically how many cycles of rest after 1 fresh cycle will another fresh cycle takes place? My 1st fresh did not yield gd quality embryos to be transferred or frozen.
I did my second fresh cycle last Nov 2019 but mc in Jan so my gynae said I can start my next fresh cycle in June for my body to rest. However due to covid, I only started my third fresh this Oct. I suggest to discuss with your gynae as they will be able to give you a more suitable timing after evaluating your health condition especially your recovery from those hormones jabs in your previous cycle.

I did ER on 19 Oct at NUH. 16 follicles retrieved. Today I was told i have 11 blastocyst but not sure whats the grade. Will do FET in end November or early December. Any tips for frozen embryo transfer? Like how to make the lining thick?

Hi Azasha, can we soak feet in hot water hours before FET to prepare ourselves? I read that it’s not recommended to soak or use hear pack after FET. Have you read of such? Thanks.
Hi dear, even for fresh cycle, i didnt put hot packs on my tummy after ET.. only 2 days before the transfer to allow increase circulations to the womb. I just drink warm water or warm/hot soya on the transfer day to keep myself warm.. :) For feet, i just wear thick socks.. and when i got home, just cover my belly area with a pillow to keep it warm.. hehe

Hi dear! Ive shared a few things i did in this post between ER and ET days.. hope it helps! :) Have a good rest, drink lots of warm water and take in more egg whites and tofu (soy drinks from Mr Bean, Beancurd, soups).. keep your womb warm 2 days before egg transfer and can start drinking Pregnancy milk to prep your body with nutrients. Wear socks to bed! All the best! :)

Is it just me or the progesterone inserts are making my tummy uncomfortable at times and even constipation.
Progesterone do cause bloatedness and cause constipation. At times diarrhoea too.. its very very important after the insertion, you need to walk around your home slowly for 10mins to allow it to be absorb by your vaginal walls.. i used to feel that during my 1st cycle and had brown/black discharges when i was washing up after a pee. The nurses says its normal but for my 2nd cycle, none of that happen. The walk is important. If you feel giddy of walking around, which i did at times, u can mimick the movement like walking by raising your legs like marching. Just a light movement will do. It helps for the absorption as well.. drink alot of water to help reduce the bloated. I know it doesn't make sense, bloated but still drinks.. warm water dear. And peeing after that does help. :) Hope this helps!

Hi ladies!! I wanna share my blog here for those who have asked me what I did for my cycle.. this blog trace back to 2017 when i started from Clomid cycle, IUI, 1st IVF and 2nd IVF.. i wrote detailed experiences that I've gone through. :) from my egg sizes, drugs, prices & procedures like HSG, MMR injections, etcs.. Hope this helps! *Hugs*

Baby dust to all!!

Progesterone do cause bloatedness and cause constipation. At times diarrhoea too.. its very very important after the insertion, you need to walk around your home slowly for 10mins to allow it to be absorb by your vaginal walls.. i used to feel that during my 1st cycle and had brown/black discharges when i was washing up after a pee. The nurses says its normal but for my 2nd cycle, none of that happen. The walk is important. If you feel giddy of walking around, which i did at times, u can mimick the movement like walking by raising your legs like marching. Just a light movement will do. It helps for the absorption as well.. drink alot of water to help reduce the bloated. I know it doesn't make sense, bloated but still drinks.. water dear. And peeing after that does help. :) Hope this helps!
Thanks Azasha i will try it tomorrow, haha panicked abit when i felt so uncomfortable especially after transfer. Would like to be as fit as possible.

Thanks Azasha i will try it tomorrow, haha panicked abit when i felt so uncomfortable especially after transfer. Would like to be as fit as possible.
Sometime OHSS can crawl in our 2nd half of TWW (Two Weeks Wait) or right before blood test day.. continue taking in protein like hard boiled egg whites, tofu & chicken meat.. if u feel cramping, lay down flat and relax.. :)

Hi dear, even for fresh cycle, i didnt put hot packs on my tummy after ET.. only 2 days before the transfer to allow increase circulations to the womb. I just drink warm water or warm/hot soya on the transfer day to keep myself warm.. :) For feet, i just wear thick socks.. and when i got home, just cover my belly area with a pillow to keep it warm.. hehe

Thank you. I’ve been wearing socks to sleep and using the soft tummy wrap from Daiso to keep myself warmed.

May I know which hospital are you with? I just failed my first fresh cycle in kkh, and I’m hoping to do another fresh in Dec. But not sure if I have to queue and wait for the clinic to arrange for me...
Hi dear, when did u do ur 1st cycle? After ur appt with ur ivf dr, u can express to her that u wish to proceed for another cycle, then the arrangements can be made. :)

May I know which hospital are you with? I just failed my first fresh cycle in kkh, and I’m hoping to do another fresh in Dec. But not sure if I have to queue and wait for the clinic to arrange for me...
Kkh too. After failed cycle, you will be arranged to see doc and discuss the next step. For me, she asked am I ready in 2mths time for another cycle. I didnt have to queue.

Hi dear, when did u do ur 1st cycle? After ur appt with ur ivf dr, u can express to her that u wish to proceed for another cycle, then the arrangements can be made. :)

Thank you for the reply! I just did my 1st cycle this month, but turned out BFN. Need to wait until mid Nov for next doc app...

Hello ladies, started my injection today. Im seeking treatment from kkh. Understand the jab must keep in fridge. Must i inject cold? Or take n leave outside like 30 mins? Pls advise.

Hello ladies, started my injection today. Im seeking treatment from kkh. Understand the jab must keep in fridge. Must i inject cold? Or take n leave outside like 30 mins? Pls advise.
Hi dear, dont leave it too long outside.. its not supposed to be room temp. U can inject it even when its cold. Pinch hard when poking then release ur grip slightly to allow the drugs flow as u push it in.. u wont feel the coldness much. :)

Hi dear, dont leave it too long outside.. its not supposed to be room temp. U can inject it even when its cold. Pinch hard when poking then release ur grip slightly to allow the drugs flow as u push it in.. u wont feel the coldness much. :)
Thanks Azasha. I did like wat you said today. Yea was quite ok. Did not feel the chillness much.

U can put in the vegetables compartment nt as cold as the nurse advise me

Thanks Azasha. I did like wat you said today. Yea was quite ok. Did not feel the chillness much.
Glad it goes well dear.. got this tip from the nurses there.. they poke me with no pain nor feeling.. not sure if my nerves are dead at my belly region but it was great not to feel pain.. lol!! :)

Back