Anyone doing IVF in 2020?

[
Start drinking Pregnancy Formula Milk and warm ur wombs 2 days before the ET. Drink alot of warm water n eat egg whites n protein. I posted a long list here in the grp. Abt 5 post before urs.. lol..

Hi,

Where can I buy the pregnancy milk and when should I start drinking?

I'm on my Gonal F 250mg and Ganirelix injection now. And I'm taking Blackmore Conceive tablet, 300mg COQ10, Vit E and Folic. Drinking Red dates and pomegranate juice alternate days.

I'm left with 3 more days for my scan before they can check on my follicles. Any advice to increase my chance of IVF?

Hello everyone... im new here.. turning 37 soon..
been trying ttc but no success... have booked an appt in nov at KKH... a frd recommended Dr Jerry..
thinking of doing ivf straight... any advise how to prep the body ?

Whether you should go straight to IVF or IUI, is all depends on your body and the doctor. I'm with KKH too, Dr Jessie Poon. At first, I also want to dive in to IVF because I have PCOS BUT doc will always advice to try at least 1 IUI because they want to know how your body react. Plus IVF is more invasive procedure compare to IUI.

So ya, as expected, my IUI failed. Then the doctor whether I still want to try with IUI and I said NO... and then my IVF journey starts...

Hi dear!! You can get a referral from Polyclinic to assign you to KKH infertility clinic. Just consult a Dr and explain on your situation that you keen to go for IVF. Mammogram can be done in Polyclinic as well. Also just to highlight, IVF procedures, there is no Private or subsided rate. Its standard. Only after the follow up is private or subs as you are assigned to. Same goes to blood test charges, medications etcs.. i recall a friend of my was charged $115 for 1 mth supply of progesterone tablet & Folic acid while subside pays $8 only.. Hope this helps!
Thanks for your reply! Yes I did get a referral from Polyclinic so my KKH appt was subsidised. Did some calls and the difference in doing mammogram in KKH and Polyclinic is the time difference for the report to come out, KKH - 2 wks vs Polyclinic - 3 to 4 wks. Guess I'm in a rush so have to go for KKH. Next cycle will have to go for a womb scan, then appt with Dr again to see if qualify for IVF, go for the IVF counselling session to determine if qualify for the subsidy and if I'm a candidate for IVF.
I want to make use of gov subsidies for IVF, sharing the link below :)
anyone else who is going for it here too?

Whether you should go straight to IVF or IUI, is all depends on your body and the doctor. I'm with KKH too, Dr Jessie Poon. At first, I also want to dive in to IVF because I have PCOS BUT doc will always advice to try at least 1 IUI because they want to know how your body react. Plus IVF is more invasive procedure compare to IUI.

So ya, as expected, my IUI failed. Then the doctor whether I still want to try with IUI and I said NO... and then my IVF journey starts...

ya... i saw so many pple comment IUI failed then do ivf... so was thinking if can ask doc straight do ivf... so can dont waste more time and the additional cost...

Hi Ladies, I am new to this forum. Ttc for 1 year. Have been thru all the fertility checks via private gynae and conclusion was to seek IVF option. I am in dilemma on whether to proceed with Gov(KKH) or private ivf. Seeking advices & recommendation

So nervous got a call from the lab today, 8 embroy very good 2 good and the other 2 satisfactory. They push the transfer to Monday instead of tomorrow.

I went though a failed iui and ivf. The doc says I have diminished ovarian reserve and small polyp inside my uterine.

The eggs retrieved all didn’t make it to the transfer. Anyone have similar experience to share ? Or any advise?

Will going to TCM helps in the egg quality and quantity issue?

Devastated now.

[

Hi,

I'm on my Gonal F 250mg and Ganirelix injection now. And I'm taking Blackmore Conceive tablet, 300mg COQ10, Vit E and Folic. Drinking Red dates and pomegranate juice alternate days.

I'm left with 3 more days for my scan before they can check on my follicles. Any advice to increase my chance of IVF?
Hi dear! You can buy it at Sheng Siong dear.. you can start drinking even during your stim session.. :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201013-095409.jpg
    Screenshot_20201013-095409.jpg
    339.7 KB · Views: 240
Reactions: SRA
ya... i saw so many pple comment IUI failed then do ivf... so was thinking if can ask doc straight do ivf... so can dont waste more time and the additional cost...
Hi dear, u can straight away request of IVF.. no need to go thru IUI.. i find that IUI the injection periods are longer and coming down for scans almost daily is a hassle. IVF is more better.. :) All the best!

So nervous got a call from the lab today, 8 embroy very good 2 good and the other 2 satisfactory. They push the transfer to Monday instead of tomorrow.
Awesome dear!!! All the best!!! Continue drinking warm water, pregnancy milk, keep your womb warm with rubber pack, wear socks and drink soy milk from Mr Bean 25% sugar or 0%.. :)

Last edited:
I went though a failed iui and ivf. The doc says I have diminished ovarian reserve and small polyp inside my uterine.

The eggs retrieved all didn’t make it to the transfer. Anyone have similar experience to share ? Or any advise?

Will going to TCM helps in the egg quality and quantity issue?

Devastated now.
Hi Ladies, I am new to this forum. Ttc for 1 year. Have been thru all the fertility checks via private gynae and conclusion was to seek IVF option. I am in dilemma on whether to proceed with Gov(KKH) or private ivf. Seeking advices & recommendation
[

Hi,

Hi dear, i posted this on another page. Gotten 24 eggs #2 Fresh IVF. Hope this helps you in any way..

During my 1st fresh cycle, i didnt prep my body well for the cycle. I was given Gonal F 175 unit & Ganirelix. In a form of food diet wise, didn't pantang at all.. :p ER on CD14 gotten 17 eggs but only 2 early Blastocyst. 1 early Blastocyst transferred. Had OHSS 2nd half of HL. Period came 2 days early before blood test. I can't pee or poop well and didnt drink water much despite being advice. Badly bloated with my FBC white blood cell

So for 2nd fresh cycle, a month or 2 before the cycle, i was on Blackmore's Conceive Well Tablets for 2 months and taking Pregnancy Formula Nature One Dairy once daily. This cycle they gave me Gonal F 150 unit, Menopur 75 unit & Ganirelix (God my belly is a battlefield! :p) and even if the eggs grow slowly but consistent. I ate unsalted roasted almonds about 3 - 5 nuts daily and strictly no cold drinks eg sodas, lemon tea, cola etcs. Drink warm water & red dates. As for food, less fried food. I was on Metformin 500mg 2 times daily for my PCOS and newly diagnosed DM type 2. AMH is 9.2. insane.. lol!

Gotten 24 eggs on ER on CD17, half was IVF, half was ICSI. 9 Blastocysts grade B and 2 Blastocyst from it were the good quality fully expanded, one transfer in me & the other freezed. This cycle, even after 24 eggs taken out, i wasn't bloated badly at all.. after ER, i could walk about. Used hot rubber bag to apply on my lower abdomen and drink ALOT of water. Took Pregnancy Milk, Tofu, Egg whites, Chickens, Beancurd, Hot Soya bean drinks during my 5 days before egg transfer & continue doing it till today. I tried to avoid caffeines as much as I could. I felt great this cycle! More movements and laughs.. Folic Acid is a staple and currently on Crinone gel 2 times a day.

As for OHSS, even during your stim routine, drink lots of water. Warm water. Don't keep your pee too long coz it might cause u unable to pee as the ovaries are swelling even before ER. I tend to keep my pee longer in #1 cycle, that was very bad.. now, everytime i felt like peeing, i just go. Even if it was 1hr ago, just let it out. Same goes to pooping.. i tried not to take any medications or supplements post ET. Just Folic Acid & Pregnancy Milk.. just to provide additional nutrition to that lil bean if everything goes well.. also, a great tip i got, 2 nights before your ET, warm ur womb with those rubber hot bag before sleeping. Helps with circulations & keeping it warm. Wear socks when in cold rooms.. :)

Currently 5 weeks pregnant from 2nd IVF cycle with Beta 1117.7iu/L. I still continue taking in my pregnancy formula milk, progesterone tablet, folic acid & metformin. Still wearing socks, warm water & red dates.

So yeah, usually 1st cycle is like a trial for us and the Dr, to know how much is much for us to respond to the fertility drugs.. 2nd cycles are usually better. Hope this helps!

Awesome dear!!! All the best!!! Continue drinking warm water, pregnancy milk, keep your womb warm with rubber pack, wear socks and drink soy milk from Mr Bean 25% sugar or 0%.. :)
Thank you, will be asking husband to get the pregnancy milk for me? Do i still continue on red bean soup to prep lining for transfer?

Hi dear, i posted this on another page. Gotten 24 eggs #2 Fresh IVF. Hope this helps you in any way..

During my 1st fresh cycle, i didnt prep my body well for the cycle. I was given Gonal F 175 unit & Ganirelix. In a form of food diet wise, didn't pantang at all.. :p ER on CD14 gotten 17 eggs but only 2 early Blastocyst. 1 early Blastocyst transferred. Had OHSS 2nd half of HL. Period came 2 days early before blood test. I can't pee or poop well and didnt drink water much despite being advice. Badly bloated with my FBC white blood cell

So for 2nd fresh cycle, a month or 2 before the cycle, i was on Blackmore's Conceive Well Tablets for 2 months and taking Pregnancy Formula Nature One Dairy once daily. This cycle they gave me Gonal F 150 unit, Menopur 75 unit & Ganirelix (God my belly is a battlefield! :p) and even if the eggs grow slowly but consistent. I ate unsalted roasted almonds about 3 - 5 nuts daily and strictly no cold drinks eg sodas, lemon tea, cola etcs. Drink warm water & red dates. As for food, less fried food. I was on Metformin 500mg 2 times daily for my PCOS and newly diagnosed DM type 2. AMH is 9.2. insane.. lol!

Gotten 24 eggs on ER on CD17, half was IVF, half was ICSI. 9 Blastocysts grade B and 2 Blastocyst from it were the good quality fully expanded, one transfer in me & the other freezed. This cycle, even after 24 eggs taken out, i wasn't bloated badly at all.. after ER, i could walk about. Used hot rubber bag to apply on my lower abdomen and drink ALOT of water. Took Pregnancy Milk, Tofu, Egg whites, Chickens, Beancurd, Hot Soya bean drinks during my 5 days before egg transfer & continue doing it till today. I tried to avoid caffeines as much as I could. I felt great this cycle! More movements and laughs.. Folic Acid is a staple and currently on Crinone gel 2 times a day.

As for OHSS, even during your stim routine, drink lots of water. Warm water. Don't keep your pee too long coz it might cause u unable to pee as the ovaries are swelling even before ER. I tend to keep my pee longer in #1 cycle, that was very bad.. now, everytime i felt like peeing, i just go. Even if it was 1hr ago, just let it out. Same goes to pooping.. i tried not to take any medications or supplements post ET. Just Folic Acid & Pregnancy Milk.. just to provide additional nutrition to that lil bean if everything goes well.. also, a great tip i got, 2 nights before your ET, warm ur womb with those rubber hot bag before sleeping. Helps with circulations & keeping it warm. Wear socks when in cold rooms.. :)

Currently 5 weeks pregnant from 2nd IVF cycle with Beta 1117.7iu/L. I still continue taking in my pregnancy formula milk, progesterone tablet, folic acid & metformin. Still wearing socks, warm water & red dates.

So yeah, usually 1st cycle is like a trial for us and the Dr, to know how much is much for us to respond to the fertility drugs.. 2nd cycles are usually better. Hope this helps!
Congratulations!! Love to hear good news! It's my first cycle and will follow through your tips. Which hospital are you with?

Thank you, will be asking husband to get the pregnancy milk for me? Do i still continue on red bean soup to prep lining for transfer?
You can continue taking it dear.. i just drink red date diluted.. also roasted almond helps with the lining.. all the best! :)
Screenshot_20201021-115646.jpg

Great! I will try to look for it at NTUC.. My place no Sheng Shiong leeeH!!
Sure! You can also buy online..
Here is the link..

Reactions: SRA
Sure! You can also buy online..
Here is the link..

Great!! Ordered mine.. hhahahahha!!

Thanks babe!

Private usually recommends IVF while Public usually recommends to try IUI first.

If age and time are not the concern, it’s recommended to go Public to get govt subsidy.

Im currently with KKH dear under Dr Liu Shuling. On 30th Oct will be 6 weeks and the following week will go for 1st scan.. will share the price for each test here soon.. :)

What happened to the rest of the Grade B blastocysts that are not expanded? Didn’t they freeze them too? Thanks.

What happened to the rest of the Grade B blastocysts that are not expanded? Didn’t they freeze them too? Thanks.
They are frozen dear.. coz to what i believe the icsi ones were growing well compared to those ivf.. so majority of the embryos which are frozen are from the ICSI ones.. 8 are good enough to freeze.. :)

Hi . Do you know if this contain sugar?
Went for my review tdy. My lining was ard 8mm
Thinking to get some instant one as I’m lazy to prepare in the morning. But I’m trying to cut down sugar. What a dilemma
It does contain sugar.. i usually dilute it to about 600mls and drink it.. more water input is better.. ahh 8mm is good!! Keep taking almonds to help with the thickness.. its ideal to transfer when its about 9mm.. but to my experience above 10mm to 12mm is the best.. the embryo can anchor deep..

Hi . Do you know if this contain sugar?
Went for my review tdy. My lining was ard 8mm
Thinking to get some instant one as I’m lazy to prepare in the morning. But I’m trying to cut down sugar. What a dilemma

Looks like you’re ready for FET, has it been scheduled?

It does contain sugar.. i usually dilute it to about 600mls and drink it.. more water input is better.. ahh 8mm is good!! Keep taking almonds to help with the thickness.. its ideal to transfer when its about 9mm.. but to my experience above 10mm to 12mm is the best.. the embryo can anchor deep..

Hihi how do we prepare red dates drink ourselves? Is it just put the red dates in hot water to soak and drink? And also eat the red dates itself? Thanks :)

Thank you for the encouragement. What pregnancy milk you drinking and metformin you taking? Where can I get them?

I see. Guess I gotta go herbal stores to get individual to not sugar overdose :) thks ya!

I just gotten bfp from seeing dr tan, sep go & see him, 1 cycle then strike, bb dust for those who are trying!
Congrats! :) did you BFP naturally or through IVF? I saw Dr Tan KS for 3 cycles but my cycles became so abnormally long that I am taking a break now. Will see if my cycles go back to normal...

Thank you for the encouragement. What pregnancy milk you drinking and metformin you taking? Where can I get them?
Screenshot_20201013-095409.jpg

And Metformin is a prescribed medication for diabetes from Dr dear.. i was recently diagnosed this year. Could be the reason i cldnt conceive was because of high sugar level.. prev my HBA1C was 8.2 (very bad) now its 6.2.. To do IVF, your HBA1C needs to be less than 7 to prevent complications..

Hihi how do we prepare red dates drink ourselves? Is it just put the red dates in hot water to soak and drink? And also eat the red dates itself? Thanks :)
Hi dear.. it comes in a sachet. This particular one has red dates & longan.. so i use add hot water n enjoy 3 times weekly.. the rest of the day, warm water.. only today i had my fav drink, 1 cup of Cold Ice Lemon Tea.. lol!!!

IVF process really takes time, it actually starts way before stimulation jabs.

You’re blessed.
Yes dear.. i started preping my body after 1st ivf cycle didnt work.. i start taking the Blackmore's Conceive Well Tablets first for 2 months then stopped. 1 month before 2nd cycle, started again with the strict no cold water & no sodas.. i wish the best to all other ladies here too! Don't give up!! All your efforts wont go to waste.. *hugs*

Hi, any ladies here know how to reduce estrogen levels? :(

Do you know the cause of your elevated estrogen level? Fibroids/endometriosis or ovarian cysts? If the former, you can ask your doctor for prescription; he/she will be in a better position. Better don’t anyhow self-medicate cause you need the correct hormonal balance after all - certain level of estrogen is still needed. If the latter, ovarian cysts can disappear without treatment after a few cycles; more of a waiting game. But new cysts can appear if your follicle fails to ovulate again.

Hi, any ladies here know how to reduce estrogen levels? :(
Hi Dear,

You can try taking in Mushroom Soups, Broccoli, Cauliflowers & stop taking in Caffeine.

Avoid drinking too much soy products (Soy Milk, Tofu, Beancurds as they are high in phytoestrogens which contributes to more estrogen)

I love cooking mushroom soups during my TWW. Hope this helps! You can enjoy it 3 times a week

1 Vegetable Knorr
400mls Water
1 Pkt Inoki Mushroom
handful of Shitake Mushrooms
handful of Abalone Mushrooms

Boil them and eat them. You can add Broccoli & cauliflower into the soup too! And add in Spinach to get more iron!
Hot Soya Milk from Mr Bean, you can drink them 2 times a week - 1 cup.

Hope this helps!

Do you know the cause of your elevated estrogen level? Fibroids/endometriosis or ovarian cysts? If the former, you can ask your doctor for prescription; he/she will be in a better position. Better don’t anyhow self-medicate cause you need the correct hormonal balance after all - certain level of estrogen is still needed. If the latter, ovarian cysts can disappear without treatment after a few cycles; more of a waiting game. But new cysts can appear if your follicle fails to ovulate again.

I do the baselined scan and there's a clear cyst on the ovary, so i did a BT and estrogen level is high thats why... so have to wait another cycle...

Back