Is it recommended to do the NIPT at week 10?

Clauslord

Is it recommended to do the NIPT at week 10? or do you skip it?

We do not smoke nor drink alcohol and this year we just pass 30 yrs old.

This will be our first born so we are seeking for advice.

Thank you

Is it recommended to do the NIPT at week 10? or do you skip it?

We do not smoke nor drink alcohol and this year we just pass 30 yrs old.

This will be our first born so we are seeking for advice.

Thank you
It’s personal choice and depends on what you are looking for.

if cost is not a concern and you want a peace of mind, NIPT test offer 99% of accuracy On testing down syndrome and other genetic disorder.

Or you could opt for the first trimester screening, is cheaper but often provide false positive result.

It’s personal choice and depends on what you are looking for.

if cost is not a concern and you want a peace of mind, NIPT test offer 99% of accuracy On testing down syndrome and other genetic disorder.

Or you could opt for the first trimester screening, is cheaper but often provide false positive result.
to add on, NIPT can test out the baby gender too if you are eagerly want to know the baby gender.;)

Read that it costs ~SGD1,100–2,500. Not cheap also.

TS, which gynae and hospital do you plan to take this test from?

in my view if costisnot deterrence just do it..once do oscar many times u will get some false readings and if u have oscar in hand during this scan it will help sonographer to cross check again if any findings during scan

Hi all. Was advised to do Oscar / NIPT. NIPT, we were told got Korean, US and Singapore one. Which one did you all opt for? And between Oscar and NIPT, which will u all choose?

hi di both If cost not issue ..noth serve some purpose and u will not end up stressing urself if oscar results are off(quite possible)

how long will we get to know the result after doing NIPT test?
usually 2 weeks as they said. For KKH, they will usually said if anything, they will contact u immediately (may be few days or a wk later after the NIPT). But if everything going smooth, they will not call u too until your next visit to your gyane, then your gynae will tell you the result. I am not sure how the private clinic or hosp practice.

usually 2 weeks as they said. For KKH, they will usually said if anything, they will contact u immediately (may be few days or a wk later after the NIPT). But if everything going smooth, they will not call u too until your next visit to your gyane, then your gynae will tell you the result. I am not sure how the private clinic or hosp practice.
thanks for the info :) I am under kkh too. !

I'm seeing a private ob too Dr Ben Choey and he also recommended NIPT as early as 11-13 weeks, plus a maternal serum screening during week 15. Your call though.

Back