Recurrent Miscarriages

Hi is the first and 2nd period after miscarriage clotty? I am on my 2nd period nw.. I dont usually have clots during period before my miscarriage.. period is also 4 days late from the first cycle.. i had a natural miscarriage & doc have alrdy scanned to say it is clear 2 months ago. Is this normal? Any advices? TIA!

The clots could be due to yr hormones eg higher oestrogen. After MC yr body is still adjusting, give it time. May want to ask yr doc if after a few months still unusual. Good luck

I hope someone can give me some advise. I had one silent miscarriage at week 6 last year and another silent miscarriage at week 5 this year. Doctor say is chromosome abnormal that causes both loss and say nothing we can do. Does anyone know more information on chromosome abnormal or any screening that I can go for?
I dont think I can handle another miscarriage again

I hope someone can give me some advise. I had one silent miscarriage at week 6 last year and another silent miscarriage at week 5 this year. Doctor say is chromosome abnormal that causes both loss and say nothing we can do. Does anyone know more information on chromosome abnormal or any screening that I can go for?
I dont think I can handle another miscarriage again

Hi Piglet,

Sorry for your loss. There are clinics in nuh and kkh called recurrent pregnancy loss clinics but I'm not sure if they only do take patients with 3 mcs and above. You can try asking them or go to private practice. I understand that Choolani clinic specializes in recurrent miscarriages. At these clinics, there are tests available to test for certain conditions. Miscarriages can be due to many factors and abnormal chromosomes being one of the most common. Other conditions I have read so far includes blood thickening syndrome, abnormal shape uterus and chromosomes issues. But note that there's 50% possibility that you can't find the reason what went wrong. These tests ain't cheap as well which is probably why doctors usually send patients with 3 mcs and above for such tests. Some conditions can undergo treatment although it might be expensive. I have also just had my 3rd MC. Sometimes our body may be weaker than we realize and not strong enough to support pregnancies. Try to eat a healthier diet, less Carbs, exercise and take your vitamins. You can also try tcm or womb massage. These are steps I'm planning to do after my mini confinement. The least I can do besides going for tests. Take care of yourself, do a good mini confinement and rebuild your health.

Hi Piglet,

Sorry for your loss. There are clinics in nuh and kkh called recurrent pregnancy loss clinics but I'm not sure if they only do take patients with 3 mcs and above. You can try asking them or go to private practice. I understand that Choolani clinic specializes in recurrent miscarriages. At these clinics, there are tests available to test for certain conditions. Miscarriages can be due to many factors and abnormal chromosomes being one of the most common. Other conditions I have read so far includes blood thickening syndrome, abnormal shape uterus and chromosomes issues. But note that there's 50% possibility that you can't find the reason what went wrong. These tests ain't cheap as well which is probably why doctors usually send patients with 3 mcs and above for such tests. Some conditions can undergo treatment although it might be expensive. I have also just had my 3rd MC. Sometimes our body may be weaker than we realize and not strong enough to support pregnancies. Try to eat a healthier diet, less Carbs, exercise and take your vitamins. You can also try tcm or womb massage. These are steps I'm planning to do after my mini confinement. The least I can do besides going for tests. Take care of yourself, do a good mini confinement and rebuild your health.
Thanks Fiont for sharing with me these information. I will try to find out what test I can take cos I suspect the chromosome abnormal maybe from my hubby sperm. You are so positive. I have been crying on and off and even thinking about not having kids anymore. The pain from the heart is too much to bear.

Thanks Fiont for sharing with me these information. I will try to find out what test I can take cos I suspect the chromosome abnormal maybe from my hubby sperm. You are so positive. I have been crying on and off and even thinking about not having kids anymore. The pain from the heart is too much to bear.
Hi piglet,

It's gd to cry. It helps to release some of the pain and help us to get stronger. In fact I cried alot for my 1st loss and just went numb for my 2nd and 3rd. Emotions will get better although the memory will not be erased. Don't give up trying, fear is not a sufficient justification to give up, at least to me. But take steps to improve the condition, it's no one's fault, it just biological. No one is judging you. I find reading medical journals or research helps me to cope as it helps to rationalize a little bit. Find your method to cope and be brave. It's not easy now but take your time to digest. Even if it's not meant to be, at least you have tried your best. Let me know if you are keen to start a Whatsapp group, I'm planning to kick one off if there are sufficient interest for a support group! Eat well and rest well. All others can wait.

Hi sorry to hear. Big virtual hug!! I hope u find yr answers. agree with Fiont. 50% of the time u won't find an answer. it is not so straightforward and even amongst doctors, they don't fully agree on the immune causes, etc.

The only way to fully test for chromosomes is to first get yourselves tested (karyotyping, rule out hereditary chromosomal issues) and PGS testing which u need to do IVF... it is not a perfect science yet. In Sg it is put as a "trial" with limitations. to fully do it, closest will be in Malaysia. Hubby could also do sperm DNA fragmentation test. All the best, take your time to grief and heal. pm me if u want to join the chatgroup.

P/S: prof Choolani is no longer at his own clinic but went back to NUH.

Hi Grumpet, can you please add me into the WA..Currently 38 y/o, got married last year, experienced 2 MC this year, 1st in Feb ( lost at 9 weeks, no heartbeat) 2nd in June ( blighted ovum). Afrer that, Dr. advised to stop ttc & let my body recuperate. Both times were passed out natually after Dr. prescribed Cytotec.

I went to NUH recurring mc unit with AProf Chan Shiao Yng did a comprehensive test, the usual lupus, B2 etc all turned out negative, even Karyotyping of myself & hubby found no abnormalities.

Now im pregnant again for the 3rd time, just went for a scan w Prof Chan today, ard 8weeks pregnant ( 6 weeks from conception), but couldnt detect baby's heartbeat AGAIN! When i looked at the US screen, my heart sank..Im overwhelmed with fear & anxiety, and sense of helplessness & hopelessness, im so scared that history will be repeating itself..

Both my hubby & I met each other late, but we have longed to have family of of our..and we both love kids..We did all we can, all the checks, tons of readings, supplements, exercise etc..yet the chasing rainbow journey thus far hit rough patch.These coming 2 weeks is gruelling..i dont know how many times my body & emotion can take for such repeating string of bad luck :'(

Hi sorry to hear. Big virtual hug!! I hope u find yr answers. agree with Fiont. 50% of the time u won't find an answer. it is not so straightforward and even amongst doctors, they don't fully agree on the immune causes, etc.

The only way to fully test for chromosomes is to first get yourselves tested (karyotyping, rule out hereditary chromosomal issues) and PGS testing which u need to do IVF... it is not a perfect science yet. In Sg it is put as a "trial" with limitations. to fully do it, closest will be in Malaysia. Hubby could also do sperm DNA fragmentation test. All the best, take your time to grief and heal. pm me if u want to join the chatgroup.

P/S: prof Choolani is no longer at his own clinic but went back to NUH.
Thanks grumpet. Good to know Prof Choolani is back at NUH. Hopefully I can be schedule for these test soon. Will talk to my doctor. I really don’t wish to try getting pregnant again and tell me heartbeat stop again. It’s so unfair.

Hi Grumpet, can you please add me into the WA..Currently 38 y/o, got married last year, experienced 2 MC this year, 1st in Feb ( lost at 9 weeks, no heartbeat) 2nd in June ( blighted ovum). Afrer that, Dr. advised to stop ttc & let my body recuperate. Both times were passed out natually after Dr. prescribed Cytotec.

I went to NUH recurring mc unit with AProf Chan Shiao Yng did a comprehensive test, the usual lupus, B2 etc all turned out negative, even Karyotyping of myself & hubby found no abnormalities.

Now im pregnant again for the 3rd time, just went for a scan w Prof Chan today, ard 8weeks pregnant ( 6 weeks from conception), but couldnt detect baby's heartbeat AGAIN! When i looked at the US screen, my heart sank..Im overwhelmed with fear & anxiety, and sense of helplessness & hopelessness, im so scared that history will be repeating itself..

Both my hubby & I met each other late, but we have longed to have family of of our..and we both love kids..We did all we can, all the checks, tons of readings, supplements, exercise etc..yet the chasing rainbow journey thus far hit rough patch.These coming 2 weeks is gruelling..i dont know how many times my body & emotion can take for such repeating string of bad luck :'(

Hi "Waiting4Rainbow, I totally can understand how frustrated you feel. Will Prof Chan do another scan for u? Do you mind telling me the estimate cost for doing the comprehensive test for recurring mc?

Hi Piglet,

So sorry it's really tough. pm me your number.

we have a wonderful support from ladies in similar situation. I have few losses myself, can't wait for this limbo to be over. married late too.

I didn't know prof Chan is doing the recurrent preg loss clinic, but most Dr in NUH will be willing to run the RPL
panel of tests. last I heard NUH don't run the RPL clinic officially but maybe that has changed w prof Choolani back there.

2 MC and above these days NUH is willing to test. but some Dr will give stat.. 2 losses 5% , 3 or more is only in 1% of ladies

Hi "Waiting4Rainbow, I totally can understand how frustrated you feel. Will Prof Chan do another scan for u? Do you mind telling me the estimate cost for doing the comprehensive test for recurring mc?

Hi Piglet83, including Kryotyping ( Hereditary chromosomal tests, costs $1k both myself & hubby, plus other panel tests $275 like Lupus, thyroid, etc under subsized with NUH..

I can share the list when i am on the WA chat group.

Yes, 2nd scan in 2 weeks time, based on my 1st experience, if no heartbeat in Week 8 ( week 6 from conception) , i can only hope for miracles to happen. Prof Chan is optimistic but mayb she just doesnt want me to give up hope just yet.

Hi All,
Took lots of blood tests at Choolani Clinic with Dr Sheila last July.
Results:
ANA 1:80 (Tested at KKH 1:160) so Dr Sheila said it seemed to come down after I took my Prednisolone during my fresh embryo transfer.
MTHFR (1 copy) => Needs to take folate instead of folic acid
Natural Killer Cells 10.3 percent

Saw another gynaecologist and took 3 shots of Lucrin Depot, SunoLut (Norethisterone). Was diagnosed with fibroids. I was told my fibroids shrunk then came back again after stopping Lucrin Depot. But this turned out to be a misdiagnosis but my husband suspected gynaecologist wanted to make more money by asking me to take Lucrin Depots when I don’t even have fibroids in the very first place.

Spent money on expensive MRI and found out that I have no fibroids, adenomyosis, endometriosis, Mullerian Duct Defects (structural anomalies) etc etc. Seems my uterus okay after all.

My IVF doctor thought I had uterine aneurysm. Yet now my IVF centre wants me to go for hysteroscopy to remove my uterine adhesions. I don’t know to laugh or cry. They tell me MRI cannot diagnose adhesions but MRI can detect uterine aneurysm. Another doctor thinks it is not uterine aneurysm causing my miscarriage (1st IVF attempt fresh transfer with fetal heartbeat detected but profuse bleeding)

First miscarriage: Reason unknown
Second miscarriage: Trisomy 11
Third miscarriage: Embryo quality okay so I suspect immune system issues but my IVF clinic saying probably uterus issues

At a total loss of what to do. After running around and spending lots of money, I am now even more scared to transfer my embryos to my own uterus. I have lost faith in doctors too.

Anyone has any input on your blood tests especially Natural Killer Cells?
Anyone exploring surrogacy?

Hi All,
Results:
ANA 1:80 (Tested at KKH 1:160) so Dr Sheila said it seemed to come down after I took my Prednisolone during my fresh embryo transfer.

Saw another gynaecologist and took 3 shots of Lucrin Depot, SunoLut (Norethisterone). Was diagnosed with fibroids. I was told my fibroids shrunk then came back again after stopping Lucrin Depot. But this turned out to be a misdiagnosis but my husband suspected gynaecologist wanted to make more money by asking me to take Lucrin Depots when I don’t even have fibroids in the very first place.

Spent money on expensive MRI and found out that I have no fibroids, adenomyosis, endometriosis, Mullerian Duct Defects (structural anomalies) etc etc. Seems my uterus okay after all.

My IVF doctor thought I had uterine aneurysm. Yet now my IVF centre wants me to go for hysteroscopy to remove my uterine adhesions. I don’t know to laugh or cry. They tell me MRI cannot diagnose adhesions but MRI can detect uterine aneurysm. Another doctor thinks it is not uterine aneurysm causing my miscarriage (1st IVF attempt fresh transfer with fetal heartbeat detected but profuse bleeding)

Third miscarriage: Embryo quality okay so I suspect immune system issues but my IVF clinic saying probably uterus issues

At a total loss of what to do. After running around and spending lots of money, I am now even more scared to transfer my embryos to my own uterus. I have lost faith in doctors too.

For my point of view, you just need to get sufficient nutrients to makes your self doctor to work for it. As human ourself is the best heal if you have taking care enough.

Hi All,
Results:

PM u. you NK is negative, but borderline 12% above is positive but Dr Sheila also said blood test is not fully accurate.

PM u. you NK is negative, but borderline 12% above is positive but Dr Sheila also said blood test is not fully accurate.
PM you too. Thanks for your reply. Dr Sheila did prescribe me with intralipids. My IVF centre will put me on intralipids for my FET. Now they think the reason for last miscarriage is due to uterine adhesions acquired post d&cs.
Not sure yet whether I should go for hysteroscopy or sonohystereography
Worried if I really have uterine adhesions, more adhesions will form back if I go for surgery to remove them.

Hi,

I also have recurrent miscariage, did chromosome test before, both me and hub are fine. Was thinking to go fin Prof Cholani.
Anyone here has whatsapp group?
Appreciate it if you can add me, because I alsmot physically and mentally stress for all my recurrent mc.

Thank you everyone and Gbu.

Hi Grumpet, can please help me add my phone number in the whatsapp grp?
my phone number is 82995771.

Thank you and regards,
Wentalia

PM you too. Thanks for your reply. Dr Sheila did prescribe me with intralipids. My IVF centre will put me on intralipids for my FET. Now they think the reason for last miscarriage is due to uterine adhesions acquired post d&cs.
Not sure yet whether I should go for hysteroscopy or sonohystereography
Worried if I really have uterine adhesions, more adhesions will form back if I go for surgery to remove them.
Hi, just wondering how did your doc diagnose that it could be due to adhesions? Can they see via hysteroscopy?

I have not done any hysteroscopy as yet. IVF centre said as I had 2 d&cs procedures before so they wanted to make sure no adhesions before next transfer.
I see. Better to confirm if it's really due to adhesions or not fm hysteroscopy. Before performing any procedures on the uterine lining. I did fibroid removal (on the wall lining) and it affected my lining thickness. Struggled with thin lining for an entire year and couldn't even FET

I see. Better to confirm if it's really due to adhesions or not fm hysteroscopy. Before performing any procedures on the uterine lining. I did fibroid removal (on the wall lining) and it affected my lining thickness. Struggled with thin lining for an entire year and couldn't even FET
Sorry to hear that. Perhaps you can explore with your doctor to check whether can use viagra gel to apply to get your lining thicker. This is what I have gathered in those Aussie/USA message boards from ladies doing ivf.

My latest MRI scan shows no endometriosis, no adenomyosis, no fibroids, no uterine aneurysm.
I am going for hysteroscopy and I hope no adhesions. Scared to go for further invasive procedures after 2 rounds of d&c

Hello ladies,
just want to caution u against posting yr mobile number here, since this is a public forum. pls PM me directly for the WhatsApp group.

my apologies in advance if I don't get back in time, as sometimes the email notification may not reach me or goes into spam. Just send a reminder PM in a few days, if u don't see a reply from me. TX

Hi all, I had 2 mc in a year. And the most recent was in March 2020. Missed my menses in April (not due to pregnancy), and had my first menses since miscarriage, in early May. Just found out I’m pregnant again at 3 weeks. As I’m allergic to aspirin, my doc didn’t give me any alternative med. only duphaston and pregnyl injection every 3 days. I don’t feel assured. Is there anyone here who had similar experience and have a suitable Gynae to recommend for my situation please? Thanks in advance!

Hi all, I had 2 mc in a year. And the most recent was in March 2020. Missed my menses in April (not due to pregnancy), and had my first menses since miscarriage, in early May. Just found out I’m pregnant again at 3 weeks. As I’m allergic to aspirin, my doc didn’t give me any alternative med. only duphaston and pregnyl injection every 3 days. I don’t feel assured. Is there anyone here who had similar experience and have a suitable Gynae to recommend for my situation please? Thanks in advance!
maybe you might want to see a rheumatologist? I previously thought I had a drug allergy to NSAID and my rheumatologist was going to send me to an allergy specialist to sort it out.

Hi all. I think I had lost my mucus yesterday night. Its yellowish stretchy measuring about 10cm long. I'm 15 weeks now.
Have been feeling vaginal pressure for approximate a week since 14w.
Didnt feel any contractions though.
Any mummies experienced this?

Hi,
Has anyone with high anti-thyroglobulin antibody (Tg-Ab), not Anti TPO successfully conceived with IVF?
What is the roadmap adopted for such patients..any heads up will be much appreciated?
I was diagnosed with a high anti-thyroglobulin antibody two years ago when I was doing my 2nd cycle of IVF. Unfortunately, the doctor still went ahead with IVF and it was unsuccessful.

Recently, I consulted a doctor in NUH to initiate 3rd round of fresh IVF and informed him about my high anti-thyroglobulin antibody history two years ago but he told me not to worry. He just wrote a test for TSH only. I am quite worried as I am unaware of the current status of the anti-thyroglobulin antibody and have no courage to face another disappointment.

Any suggestions, please.

Hi,
Has anyone with high anti-thyroglobulin antibody (Tg-Ab), not Anti TPO successfully conceived with IVF?
What is the roadmap adopted for such patients..any heads up will be much appreciated?
I was diagnosed with a high anti-thyroglobulin antibody two years ago when I was doing my 2nd cycle of IVF. Unfortunately, the doctor still went ahead with IVF and it was unsuccessful.

Recently, I consulted a doctor in NUH to initiate 3rd round of fresh IVF and informed him about my high anti-thyroglobulin antibody history two years ago but he told me not to worry. He just wrote a test for TSH only. I am quite worried as I am unaware of the current status of the anti-thyroglobulin antibody and have no courage to face another disappointment.

Any suggestions, please.

Hi, I have extremely high anti-thyroglobulin antibody (Tg-Ab) & Anti TPO as per my results. With the help of Dr Sheila Vasoo, I managed to conceive via IVF after repeated failures. She worked with my IVF doc whom was still at KKH then and I will be the messenger between them to pass their messages to each other. I was put on medication to reduce the levels and also on aspirin and prednisolone. On top of that, I’m on regular TCM with acupuncture sessions. I also did endo-scratching as per advice of Dr Sheila. You can find out more about her here:-
http://www.arc-clinic.com.sg/about.html

Hope that helps!

Attachments

• thumbnail_Screenshot_20200717-085958_Gallery.jpg
    thumbnail_Screenshot_20200717-085958_Gallery.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 248
Hi, I have extremely high anti-thyroglobulin antibody (Tg-Ab) & Anti TPO as per my results. With the help of Dr Sheila Vasoo, I managed to conceive via IVF after repeated failures. She worked with my IVF doc whom was still at KKH then and I will be the messenger between them to pass their messages to each other. I was put on medication to reduce the levels and also on aspirin and prednisolone. On top of that, I’m on regular TCM with acupuncture sessions. I also did endo-scratching as per advice of Dr Sheila. You can find out more about her here:-

Hope that helps!
another vote for Dr. Vasoo - she's super nice and I too was/am on aspirin + prednisolone (immunosuppressant).

Hope that helps!
Hi, thanks for the advice. My Anti-thyroglobulin antibody (Tg-Ab) is 7.5 IU/ml instead of being within 4.10 IU/mL. I am considering to undergo a fresh cycle of IVF.
Can advise on indicative cost during your visit to Dr.Sheila, I mean consultation + testing?

Hi, thanks for the advice. My Anti-thyroglobulin antibody (Tg-Ab) is 7.5 IU/ml instead of being within 4.10 IU/mL. I am considering to undergo a fresh cycle of IVF.
Can advise on indicative cost during your visit to Dr.Sheila, I mean consultation + testing?

If you've seen my results, mine is x200 higher than yours and I managed to succeed so don't give up. I saw her in 2014 and took some test which was about S$1k+. Maybe the sisters here whom are currently seeing her will have a better price indication.

You can go for fresh cycle first but consider doing a FET instead. I personally feel that the body is more well-rested and less stressful when you only need to focus on FET. At the same time, you can bring down / control your Tg-Ab levels first before going for ET. It’s really some trial and error for IVF so gota try different combinations.

Hi all, what does it mean when I have Tg Ab CHLIA 28U/ml? And TPO Ab CHLIA <28U/ml? It’s within ref range but that means I do have antibodies? Dr didn’t explain this to me

presently her repeat consult is 150sgd before GST. Let me hint for my first invoice from her. my first set of blood tests, testing for autoimmune disorders etc cost about 1k SGD plus.

presently her repeat consult is 150sgd before GST. Let me hint for my first invoice from her. my first set of blood tests, testing for autoimmune disorders etc cost about 1k SGD plus.
Hi, Thanks for the indicative figures. I will schedule an appointment with her for consultation.

If you've seen my results, mine is x200 higher than yours and I managed to succeed so don't give up. I saw her in 2014 and took some test which was about S$1k+. Maybe the sisters here whom are currently seeing her will have a better price indication.

You can go for fresh cycle first but consider doing a FET instead. I personally feel that the body is more well-rested and less stressful when you only need to focus on FET. At the same time, you can bring down / control your Tg-Ab levels first before going for ET. It’s really some trial and error for IVF so gota try different combinations.

Thanks for the advise. I have undergone 2 rounds of fresh IVF -failed, 1 FET -failed, finally, one more fertilized embryo is in the freezer. The journey has been roller coaster for past twelve year of trying - one natural conception and ended up in D&C , rounds of unsuccessful clomid cycles, HSG testing,5 rounds of unsuccessful IUI, laparoscopy TCM but unfortunately nothing at all. Hence read in forums about autoimmune so thought of consulting. As the age is catching up, trying all the desperate efforts.

As I am 40 years old my doc said need a fresh ivf cycle to get more eggs extraction so that when transferring we have at least two fertilized blastocyst. Hence, I thought to contact Dr. Vasoo for some miracle.

Is it recommended to consult Dr. Vasoo before Egg retrival as I think autoimmune plays role only after embryo transfer.Pls correct me from your experience if I am wrong.

Also, read a lot of bad reviews about the use of prednisolone in the early stages of pregnancy such as cleft lip in the baby etc? Is it true ? really scared.

TIA.

Thanks for the advise. I have undergone 2 rounds of fresh IVF -failed, 1 FET -failed, finally, one more fertilized embryo is in the freezer. The journey has been roller coaster for past twelve year of trying - one natural conception and ended up in D&C , rounds of unsuccessful clomid cycles, HSG testing,5 rounds of unsuccessful IUI, laparoscopy TCM but unfortunately nothing at all. Hence read in forums about autoimmune so thought of consulting. As the age is catching up, trying all the desperate efforts.

As I am 40 years old my doc said need a fresh ivf cycle to get more eggs extraction so that when transferring we have at least two fertilized blastocyst. Hence, I thought to contact Dr. Vasoo for some miracle.

Is it recommended to consult Dr. Vasoo before Egg retrival as I think autoimmune plays role only after embryo transfer.Pls correct me from your experience if I am wrong.

Also, read a lot of bad reviews about the use of prednisolone in the early stages of pregnancy such as cleft lip in the baby etc? Is it true ? really scared.

TIA.

Hugs. I can totally relate. I had 7 IUI/SO-IUIs, 2 fresh cycles, 1 natural FET, 1 Chemical Pregnancy before succeeding on medicated FET and it took me 10 years.

Based on my past experience, I consulted Dr Vasoo first before deciding the next course of action as I needed to find out the root of the problem and have it treated. Hence, you might want to see Dr Vasoo soon and see what are her treatment options for you.

I was on prednisolone till week 11 of my pregnancy and it was closely monitored by Dr Vasoo. She will advise you when to taper off the dosage and will definitely have to stop prednisolone before 2nd trimester. I would say, don’t read too much into things as even in a natural pregnancy, abnormalities can still occur. My twins are 4yo now, I delivered them full term at week 37 with no complications and both are healthy and normal. So, take things one step at a time.

Hugs. I can totally relate. I had 7 IUI/SO-IUIs, 2 fresh cycles, 1 natural FET, 1 Chemical Pregnancy before succeeding on medicated FET and it took me 10 years.

Based on my past experience, I consulted Dr Vasoo first before deciding the next course of action as I needed to find out the root of the problem and have it treated. Hence, you might want to see Dr Vasoo soon and see what are her treatment options for you.

I was on prednisolone till week 11 of my pregnancy and it was closely monitored by Dr Vasoo. She will advise you when to taper off the dosage and will definitely have to stop prednisolone before 2nd trimester. I would say, don’t read too much into things as even in a natural pregnancy, abnormalities can still occur. My twins are 4yo now, I delivered them full term at week 37 with no complications and both are healthy and normal. So, take things one step at a time.
Thank you very much for your kind words and support. I have scheduled an appointment with Dr.Vasoo, hope she can help me too.

Thank you for re-assurance regarding prednisolone. Congratulations on your twins...I am very happy to know that in the end, it was all worthwhile.:)

Hi all,

I had a consultation with Dr. Vasoo. All my tests are negative except for below two:

1.Tg-Ab : 90 (Acceptable range 0-60)
2. ANA : 1:160 ( Acceptable range 1:80)

She recommended me to start medicine for thyroid and a few sessions of intralipid at the moment. I am concerned with my values of ANA.

Has anyone faced a similar situation, yet was successful to conceive and have a baby now? Your kind words will keep me going and stay motivated.

TIA.

Hi,

anyone has any feedback on whether NUH or KKH is better at handling recurrent miscarriages?
in terms of how details they are , waiting time & service.

Thank you

Hi, can i ask what is needed to test the cause of recurrent mc? Do we need to bring the "bb tissue" after we pass it out? Or it is simply a blood test? If it is the latter, the test is run on just wife or husband too?

Hi, can i ask what is needed to test the cause of recurrent mc? Do we need to bring the "bb tissue" after we pass it out? Or it is simply a blood test? If it is the latter, the test is run on just wife or husband too?

hi Zcshop,

from what i know is that if you bring the bb tissue you will be able to find out the cause of the miscarriage although 50% chance is due to chromosome issues.
usually some blood test might be required from hubby & semen specimen if you all are going for karyotyping ( testing of both wife and husband DNA chromosomes ) & sperm fragmentation test.

Just browsing through this thread.

Have you already found a suitable gynae? If you're still looking for one, I'd like to recommend my gynae Dr Jen Shek Wei. He's really kind, and was also supportive when we experienced an early miscarriage. He really took care of us. If you're also on the lookout for a rheumatologist as what was suggested, you can check out Dr Leong Keng Hong from Gleneagles. He's my friend's doctor (she has lupus) who also helped manage her symptoms before and during her pregnancy.

Best of luck to everyone! Stay safe!

hi Zcshop,

from what i know is that if you bring the bb tissue you will be able to find out the cause of the miscarriage although 50% chance is due to chromosome issues.
usually some blood test might be required from hubby & semen specimen if you all are going for karyotyping ( testing of both wife and husband DNA chromosomes ) & sperm fragmentation test.
Ok, tks!

Hi ladies, can anyone share miscarriage symptoms. I currently at week 8 I feel whole body from head to lower back in pain.. Is it a sign of miscarriage?

Hi ladies, can anyone share miscarriage symptoms. I currently at week 8 I feel whole body from head to lower back in pain.. Is it a sign of miscarriage?
Occasional aching should be normal. Since u r at wk 8, u can go c gynae to ensure?

Back