Referral KKH

Yan01

Hi,
Can I check if it’s true that for those that get referral letter to hospital, for consultation and subsequent checkup you can’t choose doctor? Each time I go for checkup it will be different doctor, compare to those walk-in patient?

Hi,
Can I check if it’s true that for those that get referral letter to hospital, for consultation and subsequent checkup you can’t choose doctor? Each time I go for checkup it will be different doctor, compare to those walk-in patient?

Yes. Cannot choose doctor. Will hv different doc attend each time. Sometimes will hv those trainee beside too

Hi,

Hey! If your referral is from a private GP you will be a private patient at the hospital meaning you will get to choose the doctor. However, if the referral is from a polyclinic then you will be a subsidised patient and so each time you go for consult at KKH you keep seeing different doctors.

So I was a subsidised patient and kept seeing different doctors each visit. I didn't like it and requested to be a private patient. They allowed me to choose the doctor of my choice. For private patients, the 1st consultation charge is $155 and subsequent consults are $116. Those the charges they quoted me earlier today. Just FYI in case you would like to consider opting for private.

Hey,
Thank you so much for your reply!
I just went to polyclinic on mon for a Referral.
can I check after the 1st consultation (as a subsidise patient) can I opt For private?
Or once after the 1st consultation As a sub patient cannot opt Liao?

Hey,
Thank you so much for your reply!
I just went to polyclinic on mon for a Referral.
can I check after the 1st consultation (as a subsidise patient) can I opt For private?
Or once after the 1st consultation As a sub patient cannot opt Liao?
Yeah u can opt for private at any time. U just approach the front counter at KKH or call the central appointment hotline. I decided to change to private only after my 2nd consult cos the doc was a bit rude and seemed to not know much about my case. She had to keep reading through the case notes and seemed unprepared for the consultation. Didn't like the idea of seeing different doctors each visit.

Back