Ivf @ NUH

Hi Ladies, had my first appointment today at nuh with Dr Stephen Chew. We were with kkh ivf center for our first so iui cycle and decided to switch to nuh for a shorter waiting time for ivf. Overall experience was pleasant, shorter waiting time for consultation and blood tests results. We didn't had to repeat any of the tests we did at kkh (all cleared) but did a tsh blood test today and unfortunately the results are not ideal, reading is kinda high and I'm going back tomorrow for another blood test. Was kinda sad knowing this because we cleared all tests and thought all was good for ivf but seems like this will cause some delays? Is it true we cant proceed with ivf if i have thyroid issues? Any ladies here proceeded with ivf with thyroid issues? I'm turning 36 this year and really wanted to start the cycle soon. :(
How high is ur TSH?

That is actually very high...mine is 2.7 i think, and my doctor still wants me to reduce it 2.5/2.
Habe u started taking any meds for it?

I think with meds, it can be lowered
I did the rest of the tests and all results came back already.

Tsh dropped abit today to 8.35 (still high), thyroxine 11.4 (within range), anti tpo ab Doctor also ordered FSH, lH, Estradiol, Testoerone and Prolactin, all within range too..

@Anonymousjane - are you also with nuh? I have yet to start medication cuz I just got my results yesterday and doctor ordered another set of tests today..

Hi, anyone starting IVF at NUH soon? I just completed my course of Nor e and am supposed to have my first appointment with my doc tomorrow. But I received a call from the clinic this afternoon saying that in light of the coronavirus, the hospital will stop all egg retrieval and transfers if the situation worsens, and that will be done in short notice. That may mean all the injections will go to waste should we choose to carry on and the procedures have to stop. Anyone here facing the same situation?

Same situation here for me. Nurse told me the same thing when I went for counselling yesterday. She said the hospital might be on lockdown or something. Now I am considering if i should wait for the epidemic to subside before I start my IVF. On the other hand, I am very eager to start as I have been ttc-ing for 4 years. Not sure if I should take the risk to continue my plan or wait some more

All ivf fresh/frozen, iui cycle have already halt due to virus outbreak in govt hospital (nuh/sgh/kkh). Those doing next month/following month suspended until further notice

I called up chr, the nurse said cannot proceed with anything if coronavirus orange status, have to wait to ramp down to yellow status. Cannot start any medicine for FET meanwhile.

Hi Ladies, just called nuh and the clinics are closed and all procedures and counsellings cancelled. I was told to call in when dorscon turns yellow. FYI..

I called nuh on Monday to check whether if any the procedures are resumed cuz I read on other threads that kkh have resumed their ivf procedures but it's still not available at nuh until dorscon yellow pray that this will be over really soon.

Hi. Any private patient here at NUH? Would like some advice about the cost and the amount of cash I need to prepare if I follow the private route.

I just met Dr Anu yesterday, and I'm planning to continue seeing her for my IVF. I failed one at KKH last year, and got unsatisfactory responses and explanations from Dr there, so decided to switch.

My hubby is a bit concerned about the cost of being a private patient, but I feel more comfortable and confident after talking to Dr Anu.

Hi. Any private patient here at NUH? Would like some advice about the cost and the amount of cash I need to prepare if I follow the private route.

I just met Dr Anu yesterday, and I'm planning to continue seeing her for my IVF. I failed one at KKH last year, and got unsatisfactory responses and explanations from Dr there, so decided to switch.

My hubby is a bit concerned about the cost of being a private patient, but I feel more comfortable and confident after talking to Dr Anu.
Hi,
My fresh cycle was about $15500. They will deduct medisave for you $6000/5000/4000 from that amount.
I was with Prof Wong, Dr Anu was in charge if he isn’t around, I like her. She also did hysteroscopy for me.

My understanding from the ladies in the forum is that once u start ivf you will be considered private patient already anyways.. Unless you are referring to any of the tests prior to starting ivf then it will be more expensive compared to subsidised rate.

But I think still cannot start ivf with nuh yet until dorscon yellow.

Hi ladies, can you share with me the cost for ivf at NUH? Do we need to pay for the counselling?

Once you start IVF at CHR, there is no difference between private and subsidised patients for the costs of procedure itself and injectibles (i.e. no further subsidy).

However, the difference lies in the consultation costs (cause for private, you stick to your preferred doctor all the way till ER and/or ET; subject to his/her leaves).

Subsidised patients (Clinic G)
- Around S$107 with S$70+ gov subsidy, so payable is S$30+.

Private patients (Emerald Clinic)
- Around S$171 for 1st consultation; each follow-up visit is S$121

I also called NUH yesterday and was told the IUI would commence in May tentatively. Was taking letrozole prescribed by Dr Chew in Feb but now that my period has just come again, I am also at a lost of what to do next, eg. Continue to wait out or just change to private clinic.

Hi ladies,

I just went for my ivf counselling today at nuh- was told everything will and can only start after it turns yellow.

I did ask what if the situation remains to be orange for another 6 months, the nurse did say, they may change BUT as of now, no actions untill yellow.

Prof Wong seems to be a very popular choice.

Have anyone been with Doc Huang Zhong Wei?

what is the difference btw CHR and Emerald clinic? i am under Pro Wong at Emerald clinic...i cant even managed to go for counselling

what is the difference btw CHR and Emerald clinic? i am under Pro Wong at Emerald clinic...i cant even managed to go for counselling

You have to go through your first consultation(s) and clear all the basic tests with Prof first at Emerald Clinic (for private patients) before he gives the green light to go to CHR to start IVF.

CHR needs to know what’s your preliminary diagnosis and protocol first even before they can conduct the briefing (different briefing for short / long protocol).

You will go to CHR for counselling, learning how to inject, collect injectables and do blood work but all your consultation and scanning with Prof will remain at Emerald Clinic.

Hi all, I have just completed my 2nd FET cycle at NUH and successfully conceived :) After the +ve test, have been taking Progynova and Duphaston supplements and also need to take Proluton jab twice a week. My doc says my pregnancy is stable now, so I can stop going for the jabs.

Now I have extra 8x250mg vials of Proluton to let go. Anyone interested can PM me!

Hi Ladies,
Today I have went to see Prof Wong at NUH for my 3rd cycle ivf, he suggested this PGS?
Have anyone of u go through or heard PGS (Preimplantation Genetic Screening) before?
I'm now totally in a lost, was told to go back n think about it. N the price for this PGS made me wonder should I give it a try or not.o_O
Interesting videos which inform patients that PGS (Preimplantation Genetic Screening), also known as PGT-A (Preimplantation Genetic Testing - Aneuploidy) is absolutely unnecessary for egg donation cycles:

I also called NUH yesterday and was told the IUI would commence in May tentatively. Was taking letrozole prescribed by Dr Chew in Feb but now that my period has just come again, I am also at a lost of what to do next, eg. Continue to wait out or just change to private clinic.

Everywhere is the same now, the restrictions are govern by law. Going go private clinic does not mean that you get to do it on the date you wish for. Earlier appt yes, but also have to wait till CB is lifted.

Hi all, I have just completed my 2nd FET cycle at NUH and successfully conceived :) After the +ve test, have been taking Progynova and Duphaston supplements and also need to take Proluton jab twice a week. My doc says my pregnancy is stable now, so I can stop going for the jabs.

Now I have extra 8x250mg vials of Proluton to let go. Anyone interested can PM me!

Congrats!

Hi,
My fresh cycle was about $15500. They will deduct medisave for you $6000/5000/4000 from that amount.
I was with Prof Wong, Dr Anu was in charge if he isn’t around, I like her. She also did hysteroscopy for me.
Hi, new here. May i know if $6000/$5000/$4000 fully paid by medisave? Any cost or fees that need to pay in cash? Thanks

Hi, new here. May i know if $6000/$5000/$4000 fully paid by medisave? Any cost or fees that need to pay in cash? Thanks

in alisha’s example, her fresh cycle was total 15.5k. If both are citizen, Govt grant is 75% up to 7.7k. Remaining 7.8k Is paid by medisave and cash. If first cycle, Medisave can use 6k. Remaining 1.8k is payable by cash.

I think that’s how it works. Can correct me if wrong

At NUH if u r private patient u also pay for some oral medication and transfer meds by cash. Don’t know why haa.

Yup, me also been waiting since Feb... :(
Me too...yesterday i went to see prof pc wong...he said hopefully end july or early august can do frozen cycle I checked with CHR and they said even if do fresh cycle, also cannot do transfer...have to freeze the embryo...

Me too...yesterday i went to see prof pc wong...he said hopefully end july or early august can do frozen cycle I checked with CHR and they said even if do fresh cycle, also cannot do transfer...have to freeze the embryo...
Wow end jul or early aug so long? Im not undee prof wong but how to get apptm to see the doc? Cos before frozen still need do endo scratch so will hafta wait another month again. :(

Called up today, nuh is only open for fresh cycle now. Frozen cycle not yet, still need to wait.

I emailed them to report my first day period and they replied that they have resume IVF but only for those aged 35 and above with low AMH, since i am below 30 years old its going to be a few months wait again. I did call and check with CHR and they told me that for now they only accept those aged 40 and above with two cases per week to avoid crowd. She also said try calling again august.

I emailed them to report my first day period and they replied that they have resume IVF but only for those aged 35 and above with low AMH, since i am below 30 years old its going to be a few months wait again. I did call and check with CHR and they told me that for now they only accept those aged 40 and above with two cases per week to avoid crowd. She also said try calling again august.
This is for fresh cycle right?

Hi,

Anyone using supplements Glutathione (500mg)+ C0q10 (300mg) together? please feedback if these can be used together or separate. Also, did anyone saw any positive outcome with the IVF cycle after using it.

Also, for the thickening of the uterine lining, L-arginine(700mg) useful? please feedback.

I observe that doctors do not talk anything about supplements for enhancing egg quality or thickening the uterine lining even after a few rounds of IVF cycle failure.

Hi,

Did anyone gone through the endo scratch procedure at NUH? How long does the procedure lasts and is it painful?

Wow end jul or early aug so long? Im not undee prof wong but how to get apptm to see the doc? Cos before frozen still need do endo scratch so will hafta wait another month again. :(
I called the hotline and made appointment...i did frozen transfer in dec but wasn't successful..wanted to do in June but prof said MOH don't allow yet...CHR said they will call me once they get instruction from MOH...then i can start the frozen cycle....

I called the hotline and made appointment...i did frozen transfer in dec but wasn't successful..wanted to do in June but prof said MOH don't allow yet...CHR said they will call me once they get instruction from MOH...then i can start the frozen cycle....
Oh so ur apptm is initially wanted to proceed w frozen? Sobs so guess gotta wait..

Hi Ladies

Would like to share some of my ivf experience. This will be a long post as I wanted to share my experiences long time ago.

Is being a super long journey for my hubby n I. We started off with iui few years back ago ended with chemical pregnancy.

We started our 1st IVF with NUH, back then my AHM was 22.9. We were so contented n feeling hopeful for our IVF. However, I only managed to retrieve 6 eggs and only 2 embryos made it to Day 3. We transferred 1 embryo but failed for my 1st cycle. Back then we were very disappointed with Dr Stephen Chew, as a patient when we know we have only a few eggs during the scan instead of encouragement all he gave was negative feedback. Lucky their nurses at CHR were very professional and nice, gave us all the encouragement and even the day before the egg retrieval they even make an effort to gave me a call and encourage me.

We decided to change to KKH for our 2nd cycle, hope for a miracle. Again only 8 eggs retrieved, 2 embryos only can make it to Day 3. I cry so hard before the transfer cos I hope for a blastocyst. I did pregnancy test kits before the blood test (used about 6 test kits) showed me a positive sign. But my happiness doesn't last long, heavy blood flow came before my blood test results out.... that goes my 2nd cycle.

We never gave up and decided to try for our one n only frozen embryo left at NUH. This time round we requested a change to see Prof Wong. We cancelled our 1st round of FET as my lining did not reach to 7mm. We came back few mths back for our FET, finally this round with Prof received good news that I'm pregnant but with low hcg level, again ended up with chemical pregnancy. But I'm glad that I met Prof, he's a man with few words but very patience n nice person.

I'm going back for my 3rd round IVF with Prof wong. But I'm not confident with my egg quantity n quality, any recommendations or foods to improve on that? I have been seeing tcm, and having folic acid and Blackmores conceive well but it doesn't seem working well.
Thanks for the sharing,helpful and encouraging
Thanks

Back