IUI/SO-IUI: Anyone?

I tested this morning n it’s a bfn. Feeling so disappointed. Sigh now waiting for AF to arrive. Thinking to take a break for a while before trying iui again
Huggs! Jiayo we can do this!

Btw, have u started spotting? I kept on spotting brown only. Read online that BD sometimes can induce AF. So I did, and this morning still no AF only spotting. My boobs still sore but i have stopped taking the progesterone alr. Sobss so long to wait for AF.

Btw, have u started spotting? I kept on spotting brown only. Read online that BD sometimes can induce AF. So I did, and this morning still no AF only spotting. My boobs still sore but i have stopped taking the progesterone alr. Sobss so long to wait for AF.

Have you tested again? You could be pregnant.brown spotting is a form of implantation bleeding.Could be gd news.

Have you tested again? You could be pregnant.brown spotting is a form of implantation bleeding.Could be gd news.
I did try to test yesterday aftnn but something went wrong with the pg test strips. So i just gave up eventually. I have no hopes tho. Cause what i read online usually is not so late to implant (and this spotting started at 13dpiui but now is 15dpiui) but i really dk.

If you really want to confirm,you can always get a new test kit.its better than guessing symptoms and all.it is possible to implant late coz you may have ovulate late.Do you keep track of your ovulation?are your menses due yet?

If you really want to confirm,you can always get a new test kit.its better than guessing symptoms and all.it is possible to implant late coz you may have ovulate late.Do you keep track of your ovulation?are your menses due yet?
For this cycle i did track. Used the CB ovulation and had a smiley face. Also kkh did administer a trigger shot. Maybe the actual time that my egg took to ovulate was about a day or two later.

I dont have spotting but i did check my BT this morning as well. But not sure if it's correct too as I had interrupted sleep so has been waking 2 times at night. I think you should get another pregnancy kit to test again if your AF hasnt arrive wor. Might be good news for you!

Last edited:
I dont have spotting but i did test my BT this morning as well. But not sure if it's correct too as I had interrupted sleep so has been waking 2 times at night. I think you should get another pregnancy kit to test again if your AF hasnt arrive wor. Might be good news for you!
My BT is on this coming Wednesday. Maybe I should use the Frer to test? Or ill just wait till my BT.

My BT is on this coming Wednesday. Maybe I should use the Frer to test? Or ill just wait till my BT.

Can just wait for your BT test then. It's the most accurate.
My dr didn't arrange a blood test. So, i just got to keep on testing first if my menses hasn't come.

I did SO IUI on 16th March 2020, now still 2ww. Due date for Beta check is on the 3rd April. I am, myself just turned 40 this month. Dunno with the result yet feel like my menses will come soon. Spotting a lil bit just now when I wiped down there.

I did SO IUI on 16th March 2020, now still 2ww. Due date for Beta check is on the 3rd April. I am, myself just turned 40 this month. Dunno with the result yet feel like my menses will come soon. Spotting a lil bit just now when I wiped down there.
Filley - I conceived naturally at age 34 (after trying for 5 years) and experienced such spotting, thought my menses came but it didn't progress to a full flow, tested a BFP a day after that spotting....so I hope you strike the jackpot =)

I am going through secondary infertility....for 5 long years, finally decided to do SOIUI to give my darling son a sibling and also it feels more complete for me to have 2 kids.

Thanks for the support. I never see BFP since married. Hopefully will strike this cycle eventhou menses feeling down there already.

Hi ladies,

Im new here. I did my IUI 9 days ago and have been bleeding since. Went back to my gynae and was tested positive both in urine and blood test. My gynae gave me a progesterone injection and also pills. The injection helped a lot and stopped the bleeding almost immediately. but looks like the bleeding is back a day later. My gynae is worried it’s ecotopic pregnancy but ultrasound still can’t see anything yet so we can only wait. The wait is killing me and I’m so worried. Anyone has similar experience of bleeding continuously for 9 days after IUI but still successfully conceived?

thank you....

Hi Ladies,

I'm new here and would like to know if anyone of you did IUI at NUH or SGH and what is the cost? I am contemplating between private clinic or government hospital. Private quoted me about 2.5K+.

If you happen to have any good fertility clinic to recommend i highly appreciate too. Many thanks ladies.

Hi Ladies,

I'm new here and would like to know if anyone of you did IUI at NUH or SGH and what is the cost? I am contemplating between private clinic or government hospital. Private quoted me about 2.5K+.

If you happen to have any good fertility clinic to recommend i highly appreciate too. Many thanks ladies.
I think it also depends on how you respond to the iui drugs. For me, thou I did at kkh, my total sum added to almost 3k for one round. Also becuz my follicles were responding but growing at a really slow rate. I only did the actual IUI on like day 24 of my cycle.

I think it also depends on how you respond to the iui drugs. For me, thou I did at kkh, my total sum added to almost 3k for one round. Also becuz my follicles were responding but growing at a really slow rate. I only did the actual IUI on like day 24 of my cycle.
Thanks Flyingfish87. Seems like Private and Government hospital not too much difference end of the day. Thanks for the insights.

Hi, I recently did my SO-IUI on 8 Apr but today I saw on-off brown discharge (11dpiui). Was having slight cramps the past few days. Looks like AF should be arriving, sigh... Anyone had similar experience but successfully conceived?

Hi, I recently did my SO-IUI on 8 Apr but today I saw on-off brown discharge (11dpiui). Was having slight cramps the past few days. Looks like AF should be arriving, sigh... Anyone had similar experience but successfully conceived?

Wow your message came at the right time! I did it on 9Apr, & i started spotting too! Wondering is it early AF or what, really confused!!

Hi all, i am back here again after 7 years. Had my first child thru iui. Now im trying for my 2nd. I did iui last mth and failed. Was on pill had only 1 egg but experience brown spots a few days before BT. BT confirmed negative. Now im on my 2nd cycle with injections.. 3 folicle. Tmr will be my insemination. Hope for a BFP. The 2ww will be a killer.

Hi all, i am back here again after 7 years. Had my first child thru iui. Now im trying for my 2nd. I did iui last mth and failed. Was on pill had only 1 egg but experience brown spots a few days before BT. BT confirmed negative. Now im on my 2nd cycle with injections.. 3 folicle. Tmr will be my insemination. Hope for a BFP. The 2ww will be a killer.

Jiayou!! Still trying for my 1st!

Hi All,

i have called my clinic this morning & the clinic said they have received advisory last night that IUI treatment / Tube check are now considered as non - essential services which need to wait until after circuit breaker.
I called up 2 clinic in Mount E Novena, both said IUI is considered non essential at this period.

Anybody knows does that apply to all private sectors & government hospital as well?

thanks!

Hi All,

i have called my clinic this morning & the clinic said they have received advisory last night that IUI treatment / Tube check are now considered as non - essential services which need to wait until after circuit breaker.
I called up 2 clinic in Mount E Novena, both said IUI is considered non essential at this period.

Anybody knows does that apply to all private sectors & government hospital as well?

thanks!
Tts strange. I thought it was listed as those time sensitive essential healthcare services?

It's a new advisory, unless already halfway thru the process otherwise all new cycles will be deferred till after circuit breaker.

Hi ladies. Anyone of you here has gone thru IUI process miltiple times before finally successful getting pregnant? I have some questions to ask if anyone dont mind assisting.

I did SO-IUI privately twice, both failed..Spent 2.5-3K for each cycle (excluding tests and so on)

my doctor then said some have done 6X and then succeeded. It eventually depends on you, I chose to directly switch to IVF after that as it was emotionally daunting to keep failing

@Anonymousjane HI!

sorry to hear bout the failed SO IUI. So now u are already on the process for IVF? Which hosp u went for both IUI n IVF dear? Im thinking of KKH tho.
If you wanna do government hospital, you will need to do IUI first but if money is not an issue you can head to IVF via Private. I am still gg to try via IUI first to see if there is any luck. Even with referral from poly, you consider as private patient in KKH. I called NUH and even for private patient, the earliest is July.

I am doing private. If you are looking for a private, I’m doing with Dr Aziz over at Kembangan. But right now everything is halted and will resume after CB

Hi!

So will this be your first IUI? And how long uve been TTC? If private, there wont be any subsidies right?

If you wanna do government hospital, you will need to do IUI first but if money is not an issue you can head to IVF via Private. I am still gg to try via IUI first to see if there is any luck. Even with referral from poly, you consider as private patient in KKH. I called NUH and even for private patient, the earliest is July.

Meaning you went to poly first? Is it for normal checkup?

Hi!

So will this be your first IUI? And how long uve been TTC? If private, there wont be any subsidies right?
Yes first IUI after TTC for around 1.5 years. My period is very irregular and I am not ovulating as per normal, so i’m given medicines. But Dr Aziz gave me a choice of natural or IUI and we choose the latter as I am closing to 30 and aim to have kids by 30.

If you want to do private, yes you are not able for subsidies and all is cash - but if you are looking at doing at IVF after private IUI, you can get your doctor to write a referral letter.

If you wanna start all from government, you will need to go poly and get referral letter from them. If KKH, i think you’ll get SMS 5 days later.

Hi everyone, can I check the whole process of SO-IUI? How many days are we supposed to consult the doctor for scannings etc before the actual procedure? I need to plan accordingly as I might be unable to get leave during this period and I am no longer WFH from 2 June onwards.

Back