Trying to conceive 2020

Hello everyone! It’s been some time since I try to conceive cos I just adopted a baby girl who is 6 months now. I’ve been trying naturally for 7 years with no result.

Today my period is 4 days late and I’m having my hopes up again. My period is usually on the dot and on time, seldom it’s late. I know it’s really too early to have my hopes up especially since it’s only a few days late. That time I was breastfeeding for my adopted daughter, AF didn’t come for 3 months. But then it’s been coming very regularly again since November last year. Lol when AF comes this month I’m probably going to cry haha.

So I just came here to see how you guys are and let’s support each other.. lots of love to everyone!

I went to TCM
Hi everyone! I had two SO-IUIs and 2 IVF (1 fresh cycle and 1 FET in Aug 2019). All failed and now waiting for 2nd FET supposed to do it in March but might not be a good time due to wuhan virus. My work is very stressful and I intend to take a few mths no pay leave to try for the 2nd FET. Anyone went to TCM? I have been trying tcm since Aug 2019 to prepare for 2nd FET.

Jiayou, everyone!
I went to TCM to tiao my body but I kept getting headaches. So the physician had to solve my root problem of the headaches first. It was too long and tedious of a process and I gave up. I would still encourage you to go and give it a shot.

Hello everyone! It’s been some time since I try to conceive cos I just adopted a baby girl who is 6 months now. I’ve been trying naturally for 7 years with no result.

Today my period is 4 days late and I’m having my hopes up again. My period is usually on the dot and on time, seldom it’s late. I know it’s really too early to have my hopes up especially since it’s only a few days late. That time I was breastfeeding for my adopted daughter, AF didn’t come for 3 months. But then it’s been coming very regularly again since November last year. Lol when AF comes this month I’m probably going to cry haha.

So I just came here to see how you guys are and let’s support each other.. lots of love to everyone!

Hope you have good news. My period just came and I’m devastated once again. It’s an emotional turmoil monthly to go through a series of hopes and despairs. Been trying to conceive for 6 years to no avail. Tried almost every method already.

Hello everyone! And baby dust to all!

I just started our TTC journey this month. This is my second time trying, my #1 is 7 years old (conceived naturally) and we thought we were good with 1 but she has been asking for a sibling so we thought let’s give it a go I’m 42 years old though so it’s definitely going to be a trying TTC time

Saw Zou Yumin last week but I wasn’t comfortable with doing acupuncture (as yet) so she started me with the herbal powder. Also started on folic acid from Watson’s. Thinking if I should also get blackmores conceive well!

I’m thinking of going to the gynae to do a more detailed check (Given my age - Mai tu Liao!!)... but the hubby has some concerns on visiting the hospital (Gleneagles) at times like these.

What do you folks think?

I just started our TTC journey this month. This is my second time trying, my #1 is 7 years old (conceived naturally) and we thought we were good with 1 but she has been asking for a sibling so we thought let’s give it a go I’m 42 years old though so it’s definitely going to be a trying TTC time

Saw Zou Yumin last week but I wasn’t comfortable with doing acupuncture (as yet) so she started me with the herbal powder. Also started on folic acid from Watson’s. Thinking if I should also get blackmores conceive well!

I’m thinking of going to the gynae to do a more detailed check (Given my age - Mai tu Liao!!)... but the hubby has some concerns on visiting the hospital (Gleneagles) at times like these.

What do you folks think?

I went to Zou yumin too for 3 months. I dread the powder so much. Stopped going already. Acupuncture is fine.

I went to Zou yumin too for 3 months. I dread the powder so much. Stopped going already. Acupuncture is fine.
I am taking the powder with honey! For my first TTC - I went to another TCM and took powder too - I felt it worked but unfortunately this TCM is no longer practising so I went to Zou Yumin. She seems like a nice lady!

I am taking the powder with honey! For my first TTC - I went to another TCM and took powder too - I felt it worked but unfortunately this TCM is no longer practising so I went to Zou Yumin. She seems like a nice lady!

Take with honey taste ok ?

What do you folks think?

It is good that you are thinking of giving your child a sibling.However at times like this,and understand your husband concerns, dun you think it’s a bit tricky that the situation now it’s not yet contained and being pregnant now might be quite stressful... plus you already have a child..why not wait a while for the situation to be calmer before you embark on this ttc journey? You also stated your age just now, it’s not about you dragging it but more about your safety.But if you feel you dun care about such things then by all means go ahead and do whatever you think is the best.

What do you folks think?
Better wait till the virus is under control then visit the hospital for checks. I’m also waiting..

Hi, so just take a bottle of chicken essence and boil with bai feng pill?
Yes. Steam to melt the bfw , not direct boil it.

What is the ratio? I got those bottled bai feng wan from yu en sang at home. Can i use that to boil? How many bottle of chicken essence to bai feng wan?
1 bottle of chicken Essence to 1 bottle of bfw. I also used eys brand bfw. And it’s to steam both tgt to melt the bfw, not direct boil.

Yes. Steam to melt the bfw , not direct boil it.

1 bottle of chicken Essence to 1 bottle of bfw. I also used eys brand bfw. And it’s to steam both tgt to melt the bfw, not direct boil.
When do start consuming after menses over? I got heard from others saying that eating bai feng wan will cause cyst formation.. is that true?

When do start consuming after menses over? I got heard from others saying that eating bai feng wan will cause cyst formation.. is that true?

Here’s what I send to another ttc lady.

Ingredients: 1 bottle of chicken Essence and 1 bottle of bai Feng Wan

Personally feel that the smaller pills of BFW is easier to dissolve but mum said that the bigger pill is better. However I used the smaller pills from EYS cos got left over.

How to brew it?
Pour both into a small bowl and placed it into steamer for at least 30min to dissolve the bfw.
Drink every single bit of it (and don’t say I never warn you, it’s ).

How to drink it?
2 days after ur AF is gone, drink it once every 2 days for 3 times. Stop for 2 days.
Then drink it once every 3 days for 2 times. Stop for 3 days.
Then drink it for 1 day. By then ur AF shld come in a few days.

What is this for?
To warm the womb (暖宫) to make it good for conceiving. Esp those who always eat cold food, drink tea etc. I always had salad for lunch, and always feel cold (hands and legs are cold).

however, I want to stress that I’m not a doctor, so I can’t advise on your body and it will definitely work. Initially I wanted to visit a tcm doctor to improve my body condition, however the doctor is not avail till june hence I tried this method first. Hopefully it will works for u too!

as for the cyst part, it didn’t happen to me. So if you have concerns over it, I am not in the best position to advise as our body works differently.

Personally feel that the smaller pills of BFW is easier to dissolve but mum said that the bigger pill is better. However I used the smaller pills from EYS cos got left over.

How to brew it?
Pour both into a small bowl and placed it into steamer for at least 30min to dissolve the bfw.

How to drink it?
2 days after ur AF is gone, drink it once every 2 days for 3 times. Stop for 2 days.

What is this for?
To warm the womb (暖宫) to make it good for conceiving. Esp those who always eat cold food, drink tea etc. I always had salad for lunch, and always feel cold (hands and legs are cold).

however, I want to stress that I’m not a doctor, so I can’t advise on your body and it will definitely work. Initially I wanted to visit a tcm doctor to improve my body condition, however the doctor is not avail till june hence I tried this method first. Hopefully it will works for u too!

as for the cyst part, it didn’t happen to me. So if you have concerns over it, I am not in the best position to advise as our body works differently.
Thank you for the detailed info. Agree that different people has different body constitute. :) btw u drink in the morning or at night?

My friend used to eat BFW since she is prone to painful cramps. After she has fibroids she told me doctor told her to stop eating and she also advised me not to take too. Might be the BFW lead to fibroids growth.

Hello everyone. Would like to check if anyone is ttc-ing for the second time. I took almost 4 years to conceive my 1st baby (currently 19mo)and considering my second. However I am still breastfeeding and have not had my period yet. I'm looking for a gynae who is pro bfing and can give more advices!

Hello everyone. Would like to check if anyone is ttc-ing for the second time. I took almost 4 years to conceive my 1st baby (currently 19mo)and considering my second. However I am still breastfeeding and have not had my period yet. I'm looking for a gynae who is pro bfing and can give more advices!
i also just stop breastfeeding and not yet gonna my first menses. wanna try for 2nd baby too. wonder how long we have to wait for menses to b back?

i also just stop breastfeeding and not yet gonna my first menses. wanna try for 2nd baby too. wonder how long we have to wait for menses to b back?
I'm still breastfeeding and I bf her to sleep every single night since she was born. I don't even know how can i wean her off gently and I hope she can self wean. Prob is I always have irregular menses (up to 6months) and I don't ovulate every cycle. I took clomid before (and the effects were harsh on me) I read that even for first few cycles of menses after bf, it might not be 'fertile period' yet. I guess I have to see a good gynae to have some check up!

I'm still breastfeeding and I bf her to sleep every single night since she was born. I don't even know how can i wean her off gently and I hope she can self wean. Prob is I always have irregular menses (up to 6months) and I don't ovulate every cycle. I took clomid before (and the effects were harsh on me) I read that even for first few cycles of menses after bf, it might not be 'fertile period' yet. I guess I have to see a good gynae to have some check up!
i see! i wean off as my boy dont really like latching on and i want my menses to return soon so i can try for 2nd one. im also having irregular menses due to pcos.

Hi i’m new here and going for my iui in march. Just wish to share that i have been using premom app and easy@home ovulation stix. Its $45 for 50 sticks if u buy from qoo10. I use clearblue opk
only to determine whether is there smileys when the LH is high. As opk is pretty expensive so i think can save money by using the stix first before using the clearblue opk.
The app is very easy to use and accurately tells when is your next period and ovulation after recording the data for few months.

Best of luck to everyone

Hi all, i am new here.. been trying to conceive since last yr July 2019, have a miscarriage in Aug 2019 and operation to remove fibroid in Oct 2019, then have a miscarriage in Dec 2019 again. Been seeing Chinese doctor now to tune my body N hope got good news soon

Hope to know u all as well, so that our TTC journey will not be alone

Do you all got any telegram groupchat which i can join in?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
i see! i wean off as my boy dont really like latching on and i want my menses to return soon so i can try for 2nd one. im also having irregular menses due to pcos.
I have pcos too, unfortunately. My period never seems to come back anyway I booked for kkh infertility appointment alr. Hopefully they can prescribe some medication for me~

I'm a therapist myself. Which is beneficial for overall health. Which is why fertility massage indeed helps.
Feel free to text me, would be glad to share more info to help more mummies.

Attachments

• 20200204_165236.jpg
    20200204_165236.jpg
    229.2 KB · Views: 353

How to brew it?

How to drink it?

What is this for?

Thanks for sharing! I'm gonna try it out after my AF ends. Been ttc for more than a year with no success.

Anyone has any supplement recommendation for men to increase sperm count & quality?
My husband bought sperm ok test kit to check at home and realize he had low sperm count. So now he is trying out some supplements to see if it helps. Also, i read that regular babydance can helps to generate good sperm count and quality

Thanks for sharing! I'm gonna try it out after my AF ends. Been ttc for more than a year with no success.

Anyone has any supplement recommendation for men to increase sperm count & quality?
My husband bought sperm ok test kit to check at home and realize he had low sperm count. So now he is trying out some supplements to see if it helps. Also, i read that regular babydance can helps to generate good sperm count and quality

Hi there! I'm new to the forum Thought I'd share my ttc journey here.

Hubby and I have been trying for almost a year too. MCed our first pregnancy in Dec 2019. Prior to first pregnancy, we were both on Blackmores, Conceive well for me and Men's Performance Multivit for him.

After MC I started weekly acupuncture and Chinese medicine at Thomson TCM. I'm also taking Elevit as a supplement. Husband switched to Profertil men's supplement. These were recommended by a friend who had been TTCing for 3 years and got pregnant on these supplements. Her husband had low count and poor sperm morphology and they got pregnant within one month of taking Profertil.

I'm now in my TWW, keeping fingers crossed.

Hubby and I have been trying for almost a year too. MCed our first pregnancy in Dec 2019. Prior to first pregnancy, we were both on Blackmores, Conceive well for me and Men's Performance Multivit for him.

After MC I started weekly acupuncture and Chinese medicine at Thomson TCM. I'm also taking Elevit as a supplement. Husband switched to Profertil men's supplement. These were recommended by a friend who had been TTCing for 3 years and got pregnant on these supplements. Her husband had low count and poor sperm morphology and they got pregnant within one month of taking Profertil.

Hi, where to buy this Profertil?

Sorry to hear of your MC. I'll keep my fingers cross for u too! where to buy this Profertil & Elevit?

All the best, bb dust!

Hi, can you share with us the brand of this profertil that you mentioned and also in hw many mg? Where do buy?
Thank you

Hi, where to buy this Profertil?

Hi Pixiestars! My friend got them from her gynae. But I see some people selling it on Carousell.

Hi, can you share with us the brand of this profertil that you mentioned and also in hw many mg? Where do buy?
Thank you

Hi Rene23, I haven't seen this in local stores. But some people are selling on Carousell. It's in capsule form, take 2 a day.

All the best, bb dust!

Thank you, bluerosie

Sorry to hear of your MC. I'll keep my fingers cross for u too! where to buy this Profertil & Elevit?

Thank you! U can find Profertil on Carousell, if not have to order from overseas thru Amazon. Elevit can be found on Shop ee, it's an Australian brand and can't be found in our local stores.

Last edited:
Hello. Anyone trying to conceive in 2020? Thought some support will be good. Loss my baby girl after 4.5 months in NICU due to prematurity last year. Second month trying and the negative line on the pregnancy kit is bringing my morale down. Period supposedly coming in few days time but hoping it doesn't. Currently no symptoms then feeling very bloated. *Pray*

really sorry to hear about your loss. Please keep your faith strong and focus on your health for the time being.

Anyone here in late 30s trying naturally?

Last edited:
Hi everyone! New to this forum and wanted to see if i could get some TTC advice from you ladies here~

My husband and i have been trying to conceive naturally for slightly over a year before deciding to embark on IUI. The 1st 2 cycles failed, and the 3rd cycle, i did a SO-IUI and am now still waiting and keeping my fingers crossed for some baby dust this last cycle.

But in the event it doesn't work, not sure if i should consider TCM or IVF instead? I've read about some of the bad side effects of IVF particularly the huge weight gain and mood swings and i'm not sure i'm ready for all that.

Anyone has experiences to share on either?
TIA! :)

My doc prescribed me with letrazole and when I asked him if I can continue with tcm Med or the Taiwan chicken Essence (the one famous for fertility) - he said I cannot mix tcm with western Med. But acupuncture is ok.

So I reckon If you do ivf and on western medication to stimulate - you might not be able to take Chinese med?

Wishing you good luck for this cycle. I’m starting my tww soon too.

My doc prescribed me with letrazole and when I asked him if I can continue with tcm Med or the Taiwan chicken Essence (the one famous for fertility) - he said I cannot mix tcm with western Med. But acupuncture is ok.

So I reckon If you do ivf and on western medication to stimulate - you might not be able to take Chinese med?

Wishing you good luck for this cycle. I’m starting my tww soon too.
Thanks HappyJ! Letrozole failed to stimulate more follicles for me for my 1st 2 IUI cycles which is why the doc switched me to SO-IUI for the last cycle, which worked better, and i managed to produce 4 follicles.

Thanks for the advise and sending baby dust your way too! :)

Thanks HappyJ! Letrozole failed to stimulate more follicles for me for my 1st 2 IUI cycles which is why the doc switched me to SO-IUI for the last cycle, which worked better, and i managed to produce 4 follicles.

Thanks for the advise and sending baby dust your way too! :)
My doc suspected I was taking tcm whilst being prescribed letrozole. So he actually went “why didn’t you tell me you were taking tcm”. I honestly thought If I took 2 hours apart it would be ok.

So I suspect he will prescribe me with letrazole for next cycle if this cycle fails.

Hi everyone! New to this forum and wanted to see if i could get some TTC advice from you ladies here~

My husband and i have been trying to conceive naturally for slightly over a year before deciding to embark on IUI. The 1st 2 cycles failed, and the 3rd cycle, i did a SO-IUI and am now still waiting and keeping my fingers crossed for some baby dust this last cycle.

But in the event it doesn't work, not sure if i should consider TCM or IVF instead? I've read about some of the bad side effects of IVF particularly the huge weight gain and mood swings and i'm not sure i'm ready for all that.

Actually the painful process of ivf is only during the stimulation injections week.. So alot of support n encouragement during the process r essential..

IVF is not painful actually...during ER, you will be knocked off with GA, so you wouldnt feel the pain. If you have done SO IUI , the jabs are almost the same, just a little more..

Back