IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi, can I check did you all go for routine breast checks too given that we had so many hormone injections.
Any recommendation for female doctor? Dr Joy Lee?

thanks all.

Tell me about it .... i saw her for 2 cycles. Only asked me Questions but told me nothing on my body constitution and stopped seeing her after she passed sarcastic remarks just because i told her i drank red dates and wolfberries drink daily. Thats it .. she’s one arrogant dr.

Subsequently i went to Dr Loh Kim Gek at Thong Chai. Shes a world of difference as compared to Dr SB Tan.

Not only did she gave me herbs to help on my endo lining, her herbs also helped in my body constitution. I had v bad sinus prior and she helped me fixed this long term issue which had been bugging me for many years. None of the other fertility TCMs i saw helped me in this.. Grateful to have met such a dedicated TCM dr like her.
One bad thing about her is 1. the door is always open, so the patients waiting outside definitely can conveniently hear the conversation between her and the patient and she's always talking very loudly 2. She starts to badmouth doctors whom she doesn't like, for example Prof Wong. Very chummy with certain docs 3. Doesn't really personalise herbs based on condition. Her herbs is like one-size-fits-all 4. Getting more and more expensive, my herbs shrunk to a smaller packet at the same cost.5. Hearsay hearsay she made one patient wail in the room - kenna scolding for don't know whatever reason

I guess when celebrities come to you, you start to act like a diva. I don't doubt her skills, but I have qualms about her attitude.

One bad thing about her is 1. the door is always open, so the patients waiting outside definitely can conveniently hear the conversation between her and the patient and she's always talking very loudly 2. She starts to badmouth doctors whom she doesn't like, for example Prof Wong. Very chummy with certain docs 3. Doesn't really personalise herbs based on condition. Her herbs is like one-size-fits-all 4. Getting more and more expensive, my herbs shrunk to a smaller packet at the same cost.5. Hearsay hearsay she made one patient wail in the room - kenna scolding for don't know whatever reason

I guess when celebrities come to you, you start to act like a diva. I don't doubt her skills, but I have qualms about her attitude.

She was very professional when you believe in her. She will always recommend u see THH. She turned very unprofessional when she know I am seeing PC Wong. It became very personal.

Guess people who have no choice will have tahan her attitude.

Her meds work for me though. Can feel body is stronger.

Good luck to all who are currently trying! Tell yourself you can do this!

She was very professional when you believe in her. She will always recommend u see THH. She turned very unprofessional when she know I am seeing PC Wong. It became very personal.

Surely have choice. There are so many Tcm doctor around.
Anyway She just feels angry cos so many reviews on they are careful n cannot retrieve ppl’s egg. It’s wasting patient precious egg supply.

IMG_3224.JPG
Tummy warmer to bless. I kept it for a long time but still in ok condition. For size S or M it’s stretchable. I can mail to u.

I think everybody knows that she has bad blood with Prof Wong :p

I remember Tan Siew Boey used to be from Thong Chai too, until Mark Lee went to seek her help and he mentioned her name on TV and she got famous and opened her own clinic.

I visited at her clinic a few years back and personally, I am not very comfortable with her.

#FameGotOverHerHead

me too, i’m not comfortable w TSB

me too, i’m not comfortable w TSB

me three!! I see her at her NTU clinic instead but no affinity with her ba. Another famous TCM which most ladies swear by, but I had the worst experience ever is Dr Zou at AMK. So seeing TCM is like finding the right fertility doc also...need to have the right chemistry so that things will work out better.

me three!! I see her at her NTU clinic instead but no affinity with her ba. Another famous TCM which most ladies swear by, but I had the worst experience ever is Dr Zou at AMK. So seeing TCM is like finding the right fertility doc also...need to have the right chemistry so that things will work out better.
Wat is your bad experience with dr zhou at AmK ?

Wat is your bad experience with dr zhou at AmK ?

Long waiting time and no privacy and you can hear everyone’s conditions whilst waiting to see Dr Zou or when doing acupuncture. Dr Zou herself is a woman of few words so I feel there is no doc-patient relationship there. The whole environment is not conducive as well coz it's a medical hall cum TCM 'clinic' so it's really cramp and I feel like it’s a production line. I’ve been to a fair bit of TCMs previously so I can compare coz when doing acupuncture, I feel that it’s important the mind and body feels relaxed as well. At Dr Zou, I feel stressed out coz the privacy level is really not there.

And the worst I encountered was, there was once Dr Zou wasn’t around and I wasn’t informed until I was there. So, someone else (can’t remember her name) took over and the experience was a disaster as she wasn’t exactly sure where she was poking during the acupuncture process!!! The experience was just bad. Needless to say, I never go back there ever again!

Maybe I'm just the unlucky one with no affinity with her. Coz she still has her own group of supporters. But to be fair, my experience is based on 2015 so things might have changed now. Maybe some sisters who is currently seeing her now can share.

Long waiting time and no privacy and you can hear everyone’s conditions whilst waiting to see Dr Zou or when doing acupuncture. Dr Zou herself is a woman of few words so I feel there is no doc-patient relationship there. The whole environment is not conducive as well coz it's a medical hall cum TCM 'clinic' so it's really cramp and I feel like it’s a production line. I’ve been to a fair bit of TCMs previously so I can compare coz when doing acupuncture, I feel that it’s important the mind and body feels relaxed as well. At Dr Zou, I feel stressed out coz the privacy level is really not there.

And the worst I encountered was, there was once Dr Zou wasn’t around and I wasn’t informed until I was there. So, someone else (can’t remember her name) took over and the experience was a disaster as she wasn’t exactly sure where she was poking during the acupuncture process!!! The experience was just bad. Needless to say, I never go back there ever again!

Maybe I'm just the unlucky one with no affinity with her. Coz she still has her own group of supporters. But to be fair, my experience is based on 2015 so things might have changed now. Maybe some sisters who is currently seeing her now can share.

The acu room like migrant detention camp ok I exaggerate but that’s how I felt at that time haha. N no paper to cover the bed n never wipe or sanitize the bed.

Hi dear, I’m going through exactly the same. Did it finally change for you? Any advise you can give that can help me in similar situation?
Hello Puzzle, yes, it changed giving it some time. I drank soya bean milk, ate many eggs and did light exercise.

My goal was to achieve min 8mm which I did.

The acu room like migrant detention camp ok I exaggerate but that’s how I felt at that time haha. N no paper to cover the bed n never wipe or sanitize the bed.

Oh man!!! You are right!!! Sometimes the bed is filled with equipment and what nots and they have to shift it aside before I can even lie on. I even feel that things above my head is gona drop off anytime!!!

Oh man!!! You are right!!! Sometimes the bed is filled with equipment and what nots and they have to shift it aside before I can even lie on. I even feel that things above my head is gona drop off anytime!!!

Hi, just passing by. And wanna add on, apart from the production line acu service, I always felt that they are leeching on patient’s information about Ivf without giving info about our own body or what else we can do to improve chances. She scanned my embryo picture into her computer too. Why she need leh. Heh

Hahaha. My best acu experience is at Thomson Tcm. Nice room with music. N yes they change the paper roll for every patient.

Hi, just passing by. And wanna add on, apart from the production line acu service, I always felt that they are leeching on patient’s information about Ivf without giving info about our own body or what else we can do to improve chances. She scanned my embryo picture into her computer too. Why she need leh. Heh

gosh serious!? But true that she's doesnt tell you what you can do / eat to improve your overall well-being which is essential to build up ones body constitution. It's like a "one-size-fits-all" treatment.

Hi Ladies, had my first appointment today at nuh with Dr Stephen Chew. We were with kkh ivf center for our first so iui cycle and decided to switch to nuh for a shorter waiting time for ivf. Overall experience was pleasant, shorter waiting time for consultation and blood tests results. We didn't had to repeat any of the tests we did at kkh (all cleared) but did a tsh blood test today and unfortunately the results are not ideal, reading is kinda high and I'm going back tomorrow for another blood test. Was kinda sad knowing this because we cleared all tests and thought all was good for ivf but seems like this will cause some delays? Is it true we cant proceed with ivf if i have thyroid issues? Any ladies here proceeded with ivf with thyroid issues? I'm turning 36 this year and really wanted to start the cycle soon. :(

Hi Ladies, had my first appointment today at nuh with Dr Stephen Chew. We were with kkh ivf center for our first so iui cycle and decided to switch to nuh for a shorter waiting time for ivf. Overall experience was pleasant, shorter waiting time for consultation and blood tests results. We didn't had to repeat any of the tests we did at kkh (all cleared) but did a tsh blood test today and unfortunately the results are not ideal, reading is kinda high and I'm going back tomorrow for another blood test. Was kinda sad knowing this because we cleared all tests and thought all was good for ivf but seems like this will cause some delays? Is it true we cant proceed with ivf if i have thyroid issues? Any ladies here proceeded with ivf with thyroid issues? I'm turning 36 this year and really wanted to start the cycle soon. :(

, I had thyroid issues (my TSH was flat zero, T4 were 4X out of range and my menses were affected too ) and i had to see an endocrinologist. Was diagnosed with grave disease- hyperthyroidism and it took me 4 years to regulate my thyroid hormones before i could start my IVF again. During my IVF FET cycle, i also saw an immunologist to make sure that my thyroid antibodies were well within the normal range before i transferred my embryo.

My IVF dr wanted me to fix my thyroid issues before starting IVF as he did not want to thyroid issues to interfere with the IVF cycle. (eg: hyper Thyroid issues may affect our endo growth hence jeopardizing the IVF success rates).

Dont get too stressed now. High TSH is the opposite spectrum as compared to hyperthyroidism and for all you know, your 2nd thyroid blood-works may turn out ok. Else, you may want to consider doing embryos banking while you are still young.

If you need any further info, just drop me a PM.

Hello Puzzle, yes, it changed giving it some time. I drank soya bean milk, ate many eggs and did light exercise.

My goal was to achieve min 8mm which I did.
That is great to hear! I’m just coming back from my Day 15 scan and lining is only 5mm. This is my second FET cycle, and previous one was also cancelled due to thin lining. I’m on 10mg progynova and patches still this is where I get to.
How many cycles did it take you to hit 8mm?

High TSH can be controlled by medication n as Long as level is within range u can start ivf cycle. My Tsh is within range but for ttc it’s better to be below 2. I have high thyroid antibody n on medication when Cycling. A good endocrine dr will advise and work with your fertility dr.

, I had thyroid issues (my TSH was flat zero, T4 were 4X out of range and my menses were affected too ) and i had to see an endocrinologist. Was diagnosed with grave disease- hyperthyroidism and it took me 4 years to regulate my thyroid hormones before i could start my IVF again. During my IVF FET cycle, i also saw an immunologist to make sure that my thyroid antibodies were well within the normal range before i transferred my embryo.

My IVF dr wanted me to fix my thyroid issues before starting IVF as he did not want to thyroid issues to interfere with the IVF cycle. (eg: hyper Thyroid issues may affect our endo growth hence jeopardizing the IVF success rates).

Dont get too stressed now. High TSH is the opposite spectrum as compared to hyperthyroidism and for all you know, your 2nd thyroid blood-works may turn out ok. Else, you may want to consider doing embryos banking while you are still young.

If you need any further info, just drop me a PM.
Thanks for sharing! I got the rest of my results back and all within range expect for my tsh but haven't got a call from doctor, will call them Monday to check. Because I'm already 36 and getting abit worried if the treatment takes years before I can regulate this and proceed to ivf I will be 40 plus

Have you gone for your ivf and how was it?

Hi

Anyone interested to buy fertility supplements for hubby. This is prescribed by Dr SF Loh.

Pls pm me. Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200201-175157_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200201-175157_Gallery.jpg
    940.5 KB · Views: 195
  • Screenshot_20200201-175302_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200201-175302_Gallery.jpg
    827.9 KB · Views: 202
Hi

DHEA 25mg for sale for fertility support .

Pls pm me if interested. Thanks !

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200201-180155_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200201-180155_Gallery.jpg
    469.8 KB · Views: 202
  • Screenshot_20200201-180204_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200201-180204_Gallery.jpg
    486 KB · Views: 199
Thanks for sharing! I got the rest of my results back and all within range expect for my tsh but haven't got a call from doctor, will call them Monday to check. Because I'm already 36 and getting abit worried if the treatment takes years before I can regulate this and proceed to ivf I will be 40 plus

Have you gone for your ivf and how was it?
Just FYI, my initial TSH was like 2.7/2.9
Took the med twice a week for like less than 2 months. Tested 4 months later and it is down to 1.94

I was only meds 2 days a week. I think it doesnt take long to reduce it.

Just FYI, my initial TSH was like 2.7/2.9
Took the med twice a week for like less than 2 months. Tested 4 months later and it is down to 1.94

I was only meds 2 days a week. I think it doesnt take long to reduce it.
Thanks for sharing! Your medicine dosage of twice a week is ordered by doctor or the meds can't be taken daily?

I will be gg to collect to my medicine tmr and doctor say to do another test end of Feb. *fingers crossed* cuz mine is really quite high

Thanks for sharing! Your medicine dosage of twice a week is ordered by doctor or the meds can't be taken daily?

I will be gg to collect to my medicine tmr and doctor say to do another test end of Feb. *fingers crossed* cuz mine is really quite high
Ordered by doctor because the med can lower it down quite substantially. So need to ensure it does not go too low. Since mine was not so high, hence the lower dosage.

That is great to hear! I’m just coming back from my Day 15 scan and lining is only 5mm. This is my second FET cycle, and previous one was also cancelled due to thin lining. I’m on 10mg progynova and patches still this is where I get to.
How many cycles did it take you to hit 8mm?
It was a long story, I had D&C prior, hence the lining was thin. It took me about 1 failed fresh, 2 failed frozen before I got the BFP (But it's all within one batch).

I cannot remember how much progynova I was on, but possible to increase on your end?

May I check if husband has high FSH will poor sperm count will IVF still work? Anybody manage to get pregnant with such condition?

If there are still sperms, albeit a low count, they may be able to still do ICSI?
Thks Anonymousjane for your reply. I failed many rounds so I'm suspecting could be the sperm was too weak. Do not know how long more I can preserve. IVF can be very mentally torturing.

Thks Anonymousjane for your reply. I failed many rounds so I'm suspecting could be the sperm was too weak. Do not know how long more I can preserve. IVF can be very mentally torturing.
For male often there’s supplements that can help improve the conditions . Take those supplements for at least 3 months. My hub has Low sperm count due to work stress and after a year (Cos I couldn’t accept ivf back then and took me a year to consider and work on our health), his condition improves tremendously. I fed him with zinc, vitamin c, vitamin E, fish oil and Swiss oat (recommended by gynae). There’s also other all-in-1 pill supplements meant to boost male fertility.
Don’t give up, we are all fighting together.

For male often there’s supplements that can help improve the conditions . Take those supplements for at least 3 months. My hub has Low sperm count due to work stress and after a year (Cos I couldn’t accept ivf back then and took me a year to consider and work on our health), his condition improves tremendously. I fed him with zinc, vitamin c, vitamin E, fish oil and Swiss oat (recommended by gynae). There’s also other all-in-1 pill supplements meant to boost male fertility.
Don’t give up, we are all fighting together.
Thanks for your encouragement. I have been forcing him to take supplements for many years but result still the same. May I know where did u get the swiss oat, any particular brand?

Thanks for your encouragement. I have been forcing him to take supplements for many years but result still the same. May I know where did u get the swiss oat, any particular brand?
The brand is Swissoat. Can get from gnc, guardian, unity or Watson. Red box is for male. Anyway u just need a good sperm to make it work. We are all facing various types of issues and Like what a friend told me before, we will get what we want , just that journey is longer. For me my husband and I have recessive genetic problem which is extremely rare and I lost 3 babies before finding out why.. keep your faith high and Jia you !

Back