Beware if u r hiring Myanmar maids!!

HuH?!?! How did she manage to come back?

The agency managed to convince her new employers not to contact you for the 'reference ' check??

Sighhs but these maids also so funny and desperate they pay the agency so much $$ to return for what right? If they cant work they'll be sent back also right- unless they really get a family that can bear with all their nonsense...

They can come over and earn easy money. Their salary here is many times compared to their salary back in Myanmar. They can paid off the small loan and get few months here(3 months in SG is 9 months in Myanmar). then relax few months back again then come again like holiday

I feel for all the employers.
3 years ago, I have hired a Myanmar helper. She was not perfect but she love my girl who was turning 2 when my new helper arrived Singapore. She has good chemistry with my girl and very proactive in her work. She can cook, and learn very fast in cooking new dishes. Unfortunately, she had to return home as her mum had given birth to a new baby brother. No choice but to let her go. Occasionally, we will still keep in touch till this day and she will keep asking how's my girl.
After she left, I hired a Filipino from another agency (APEX in Far East Shopping Center). Unfortunately, my husband claimed she has bad attitude so we decided to send her back to the agency. We contacted the agent who served us in the initial stage but he was too irresponsible. Called and texted him, no reply. When replied, kept saying he was in the meeting and not allowed to read phone. All bullshit excuses.
Luckily, there's was this Filipino guy in the same agency who was willing to solve our problem. In exchanged, he recommended us another totally inexperienced Myanmar helper. It is fine for us to guide her from the scratch. She has been with us for more than 8 months; however, she is still as blur as the initial stage. She likes to sleep, every day sleep more than 8 hours (which is more than her employers); has huge appetite but no strength to do house chores; whenever call or talk to her, she will either walk away when people still talking or never answer. When teach or scold her, she will day dream. Asked her to repeat what we say; she will guess and not paying attention. We always have to tell her what to do such as thorough clean the kitchen once a week. When thorough clean the kitchen, we clean everything and every corner of it. But she didn't. She cleaned the floor and stove but not the sink, wall and fridge. Then I asked her, when she bathed, did she just bath her hair and body but not the legs? She said no. In this case it's the same. When thorough wash, it's everything, just like bathing herself.
When asked her to cook, she would stay in the kitchen for 2.5 hours just to prepare 2 simple dishes with only 3 ingredients per dish. 2.5 hours for preparation not even cooking yet?! In these 8 months, we have to keep repeating our words and her job scope. She works very slow. Sleep a lot. Eat a lot. Never pay attention to her work. Every time, my girl has to repeat her words 5 times to catch her attention her as she always dreaming. Tell lies a lot. She can agree to you anything and everything but no action will be taken.
She was highly paid and doing less. Overall, she only do house chores (mopping and cleaning), exclude laundry and ironing. Take care of my daughter (which I am the one always feed my daughter and pat her to sleep) and feed my pet (2 simple meals a day). Week days, she sleeps at 9PM and wakes up at 6.30AM. Weekends, she sleeps at 12.00AM (as play with my girl) and wakes up at 8.30AM. Is that not enough resting time? She doesn't need to cook everyday. Even she needs to cook, only for my daughter, my mother-in-law and herself. Not very complicated at all. Yet, she seems to be very busy and she has to prepare a banquet.
She is still with us as her mum is very sick and need money to cure. Told her, we do not expect her to be 100% perfect, only 70% is enough. But she only gives her 10%, told her I expect her to give me her 50%; otherwise, she can pack and go home.

Hi all,

Please be aware of JOY FOREVER EMPLOYMENT SERVICES at Bukit Timah.
I don’t really make public comments online at all, but I have to post this to warn all Employers/Mummies out there.

Recently, we engaged this employment agency to hire a helper, and the boss has given us nothing but lots of HEADACHE. It is so stressful that we literally lose sleep at night.

Firstly, our Helper’s contract ended so we approached this agency to hire a new Helper. She was very responsive and efficient at the beginning we thought her service was very good. After transaction was made, she sent us a transfer Helper who was ill (knowing she was ill) and we had to send her back to the agent cos she stayed in her room all day and refused to eat / work. She cried all day and wanted to go home.
We bought her food, even offered to take her to the doctor but she refused to go.
Meanwhile, the agent was being very slow in responding, procrastinating, and told us there are no available Helpers right now for replacement. She also told my family to bear with it and to counsel the Helper. Seriously ? (Btw we did try to talk to her and persuade her to stay.)

Subsequently after a few weeks of homing an uncooperative Helper, the agent came to fetch her back. Fyi, we paid her fees, salary and levy of Helper for that few weeks even tho she did absolutely nothing!

Secondly, the agent claimed that there is a Helper shortage due to CB, and can’t help us get a replacement. So we asked her - then the initial downpayment we paid to you, all for nothing? You took our money, sent us an ill Helper, and said you can’t help us anymore? She said, “it’s too bad”.

Anyways, because we needed someone at home urgently, we decided to get approval from MOM to get a Helper from overseas to come in - I am currently pregnant and need help, and there is another sick family member at home. The agent has ZERO empathy.

The agent told us we had to pay for the 14 day SHN and swab test which we agreed - it is reasonable and we are reasonable people.
Then she changed her mind on the initial fees and and increased it by a few hundred. And then more, and more.

From start to end, since we engaged her service (in July) she has been telling us many different fees, each time it gets higher and higher and she doesn’t keep to her words. Now she’s asking for additional money over $1k just for her fees alone.

The worst part is until now, our Helper has NOT arrive!

Is there somewhere / someone we can write to complain about this agency? Has anyone encountered this before?

Just want to warn all Employers here to be careful and really read reviews online on any Agency...

Appreciate any help/tips , thanks.

Hi, anyone has any idea where can we source for Myanmar helper without agencies? Thanks to advise.

Back