IVF 2019 support group

Hugs. Sorry to hear that you have to go through all these. Perhaps you can discuss with your doc again on what more could be done to improve the quality of the embryos e.g. change of jabs, or change of protocol.
Thanks. Have to face failures. I still hv frozen embryos though , and hv spent a lot testing them for genetic defects

Thanks. Have to face failures. I still hv frozen embryos though , and hv spent a lot testing them for genetic defects

Indeed. I guess IVF has also made us a lot stronger in facing all sorts of challenges. Have faith that your rainbow baby will be in your arms soon ok!

Indeed. I guess IVF has also made us a lot stronger in facing all sorts of challenges. Have faith that your rainbow baby will be in your arms soon ok!
I really hope so and have been praying really hard. Thanks babe! I’ve kiv a lot of plans cos of family planning... and if this round doesn’t work, I really have to think of something .

I really hope so and have been praying really hard. Thanks babe! I’ve kiv a lot of plans cos of family planning... and if this round doesn’t work, I really have to think of something .

Yes, pray really hard regardless of your religion and I believe your prayers will be answered. I can totally relate on the KIV of plans due to family planning. I did give myself a timeline and backup plan if all else fail. But I guess when the time is right and fate plays a part, everything will fall in place at the right time. Stay positive and have faith. Jiayou!

Yes, pray really hard regardless of your religion and I believe your prayers will be answered. I can totally relate on the KIV of plans due to family planning. I did give myself a timeline and backup plan if all else fail. But I guess when the time is right and fate plays a part, everything will fall in place at the right time. Stay positive and have faith. Jiayou!
Thanks babe !

Thank you. In my previous FET the blast downgraded to compact embryo. I had a hcg of 14 units but dropped by half 2 days later. Am worried if this time round happens again. Tmr is my bt but I’m having my first spotting today, coupled with aches. Doesn’t sound positive n seem like aunty flo is visiting

Read about your sharings & just wish to say, may peace be in your heart come what may tomorrow.

Take heart & yes, pray. :)
Hugs.

hi all ... I am going to meet the MP in regards to the increment of CPF deduction for IVF.
And I am going to ask if anyone is keen. I wish to get at least 200 names supporters ...

anyone who is keen can send me your name and the last 3 digit of your NRIC, and email
yes i am keen, they shld increase

You're already very blessed to have a child. Regardless of the results tmr, chin up and you still have your boy waiting for you at home. So it's not the end of the world. All the best for your BT tmr!

Hi hi

What is Low HSG positive blood test means ? My home kit is a big negative. Gynae blood test is 10.5 hsg only. She said need 50 at least . Ask me to go back and test again tomorrow. One blood test is freaking $120 le. So I don’t need to bother right ? She said if you don’t want to give up then you come test again , so it’s up to me ?? I am so confused ! It’s no pregnancy lah correct ?

Hi hi

What is Low HSG positive blood test means ? My home kit is a big negative. Gynae blood test is 10.5 hsg only. She said need 50 at least . Ask me to go back and test again tomorrow. One blood test is freaking $120 le. So I don’t need to bother right ? She said if you don’t want to give up then you come test again , so it’s up to me ?? I am so confused ! It’s no pregnancy lah correct ?

Hihi,

It is the same as mine previously - a borderline pregnancy of 10units. It dropped to less than 5units when i went for 2nd hcg blood test 2 days later, confirming no pregnancy.

Hugs.

hCG blood levels
Low levels of hCG may be detected in your blood around 8 to 11 days after conception. hCG levels are highest towards the end of the first trimester, then gradually decline over the rest of your pregnancy.

The average levels of hCG in a pregnant woman’s blood are:

• non-pregnant women - less than 10 U/L
  • borderline pregnancy result - 10 to 25 U/L
  • positive pregnancy test - more than 25 U/L
  • pregnant women, about 4 weeks after the last menstrual period or LMP (average 1 week before first missed period) - 0 to 750 U/L
  • pregnant women, about 5 weeks after the LMP (week after first missed period) - 200 to 7,000 U/L
  • pregnant women, about 6 weeks after the LMP - 200 to 32,000 U/L
  • pregnant women, about 7th weeks after the LMP - 3,000 to 160,000 U/L
  • pregnant women, about 8 to 12 weeks after the LMP - 32,000 to 210,000 U/L
  • pregnant women, about 13 to 16 weeks after the LMP - 9,000 to 210,000 U/L
  • pregnant women, about 16 to 29 weeks after the LMP - 1,400 to 53,000 U/L
  • pregnant women, about 29 to 41 weeks after the LMP - 940 to 60,000 U/L

Hi YL, thanks for the link and understanding , I researched there’s something called chemical pregnancy - false positive PT, i am guessing it meant we ate so much hormone pills and so much injections - this is just indication of the artificial of hormone level .

Hi YL, thanks for the link and understanding , I researched there’s something called chemical pregnancy - false positive PT, i am guessing it meant we ate so much hormone pills and so much injections - this is just indication of the artificial of hormone level .

Kkh instructed me to return for a 2nd blood test, no options given. So i also spent twice on the hcg tests. But good to confirm it and have a conclusion to a chapter.

:)

There have been cases with late implantation where the hcg levels did not rise as quickly as expected. So maybe it’s still better to go back for the blood test?

Even after my pregnancy is confirmed, I am still going back every week for blood test based on the instructions given to me at SGH CARE.

Apparently for the first trimester, they are very particular and want to track the pregnancy via results from blood work.

This is true too. :)

Sweetpaine,
I must clarify, i went for the hcg blood test on the 14th day after a Day 5 blastocyst transfer. So maybe late implantation is possible too. Take care till you go for the 2nd blood test again.

Hugs.

Hi hi

If a pregnancy is viable, the HCG levels should double within the next 24hrs and so on. For my 1st chemical preg, mine was 25 mIU/mL. The faint positive line took very long to appear on the hpt prior to my BT and I was cramping and spotting at the same time so I knew it's not going to be viable. But I requested for early BT and support med and went back for another BT the next day and the levels dropped and by then my menses came full blown. But I was secretly happy coz that was like a million years later that I finally see a faint double line which means I can finally see light at the end of the tunnel!

Don't give up yet coz there are many cases of late implantation so just go for your 2nd BT first and don't stop any support med for now. All the best!

Hi I'm new here, reading this forum makes me feel that I am not alone.

Just went for my beta today, it was negative (I did my HPT on day 10 so I have already expected the result). I had two fresh cycles and this is my second FET, even though the embryos were of better quality this time they did not stick. Can't help feeling very dejected and worried that IVF might not help us after all. I have 3 more embryos being frozen. Wonder if I should take a break first before starting another FET.

Hi I'm new here, reading this forum makes me feel that I am not alone.

Just went for my beta today, it was negative (I did my HPT on day 10 so I have already expected the result). I had two fresh cycles and this is my second FET, even though the embryos were of better quality this time they did not stick. Can't help feeling very dejected and worried that IVF might not help us after all. I have 3 more embryos being frozen. Wonder if I should take a break first before starting another FET.

Hi! I had only 1 fresh so far and only 1 egg retrieved. Had my beta 1 week ago. It did not stick too. Not sure if I'll ever get pregnant since my egg count so low... hence possibility is much lower too. Gonna rest and try again in feb. Hopefully can get more eggs, but can't rule out that there may not be any eggs at all :( but we still have to keep positive if we still wanna try. Be strong!

Hi! I had only 1 fresh so far and only 1 egg retrieved. Had my beta 1 week ago. It did not stick too. Not sure if I'll ever get pregnant since my egg count so low... hence possibility is much lower too. Gonna rest and try again in feb. Hopefully can get more eggs, but can't rule out that there may not be any eggs at all :( but we still have to keep positive if we still wanna try. Be strong!
I have low ovarian reserve too considering my age. For my first fresh I only had 2 embryos and were all used up during the first FET, so had to do second fresh. My response was poor, the doc added more hormone jabs so I managed to get more embryos the second FET. Yes, I agree we have to stay strong if we wanna continue this path. Finish crying and move forward. Jiayou!!

hi, some supplements for your consideration, you can also double check with your doc first before consumption:

From my gynae;
1. COQ10 - 1 tab 2 times a day
2. Arginine plus - 1 Tab 2 times a day
3. DHEA- 1 tab every morning
4. Vitamin D3 1000IU - 1 Tab 2 times a day
5. *Blackmores conceive well - 1 tab every morning
6. Iberet folic - 1 every morning
7. *Fish oil - every morning
8. *Glutathione - 1 every morning

those with * are what I added on, after asking my gynae.

Hi Vonnieyn,

Can I check with you what brand are you taking for DHEA? Thanks

I have low ovarian reserve too considering my age. For my first fresh I only had 2 embryos and were all used up during the first FET, so had to do second fresh. My response was poor, the doc added more hormone jabs so I managed to get more embryos the second FET. Yes, I agree we have to stay strong if we wanna continue this path. Finish crying and move forward. Jiayou!!
A very close friend of mine has Low ovarian reserve. She has multiple failures in iui n ivf. However she persevere and has been consistently visiting tcm, refraining from banned food such as anything cold and spicy .. now she has a pair of boy and girl from natural birth. Jia you everyone . I’m fighting too.. at times I feel like giving up.. and I question why I have to make myself so unhappy ... but after a sleep I wake up n continue fighting .. let’s Jia you tog!

A very close friend of mine has Low ovarian reserve. She has multiple failures in iui n ivf. However she persevere and has been consistently visiting tcm, refraining from banned food such as anything cold and spicy .. now she has a pair of boy and girl from natural birth. Jia you everyone . I’m fighting too.. at times I feel like giving up.. and I question why I have to make myself so unhappy ... but after a sleep I wake up n continue fighting .. let’s Jia you tog!

The part about wanting to give up is real. Not sure where this path will lead us too. But I hope at least the ivf process will give us closure to our TTC journey even though the outcome might not be positive. As of now since we are still on this journey, just hope that everything will turn out ok one day.

Very inspiring! Jiayou everyone! Im embarking on another ER cycle after 2 failed FET..

Not giving up on ttc but considering to pause ivf for a while.. Felt like taken too much of medicine recently.

Any advise on acupuncture or fertility massage?
[/QUOTE

Hi i also got endo stage 4. just did lapro nov 26th. would like to knw more whether to wait first / to attempt IVF on March2020?

During medications and jabs, any advise on food type to have to avoid bloating or reduce it?

I understand need to increase protein intake along with more sports drink/ coconut juice for electrolyte, but is this before ER or after?

During medications and jabs, any advise on food type to have to avoid bloating or reduce it?

I understand need to increase protein intake along with more sports drink/ coconut juice for electrolyte, but is this before ER or after?

Increase in protein intake the moment you start your ivf cycle because you need them for good quality eggs production.

Electrolytes to drink mainly after ER.

Before ER, just make sure you drink enough water.

I took immunocal during the process and helps in my ohss. Good luck !

Increase in protein intake the moment you start your ivf cycle because you need them for good quality eggs production.

Electrolytes to drink mainly after ER.

Before ER, just make sure you drink enough water.
Oooh :O

I didnt reallt start with lots of protein yet..i am a vegetarian, so will start having more tofu

Me too on 2ww, but spotting since 2 days ago!! And yesterday there was even fresh blood n blood clots, so now waiting for re-test on HCG tomorrow morning!!
how was it? I am on 2ww now too. 9 days from 5embryo transfer. spotting a little fresh blood today. i guess no hope now.

do you all home rest after ivf? I didnt bed rest for the past 2 times and it failed. this third time i also didnt bed rest, and I started spotting day 9 after 5 day embryo transfer.. a little worried now before my blood test.... been trying for so long and no luck.

do you all home rest after ivf? I didnt bed rest for the past 2 times and it failed. this third time i also didnt bed rest, and I started spotting day 9 after 5 day embryo transfer.. a little worried now before my blood test.... been trying for so long and no luck.
Call ur doc and request for early blood test...if positive can request for support jab! Jiayou!

May I know for those who succeed, how many rounds of embryo transfer have you all been through before getting the first successful implantation? I've failed twice so far.

Hi ladies

I’ve just returned 400 red eggs this morning to Zhu Sheng Niang Niang for blessing me a pair of twins. Spreading the baby dust!!

1) Shuang Lin Cheng Huang Miao (Siong Lim Temple, part of Lian Shan Shuang Lin Monastery)

184 Jalan Toa Payoh
Phone: 6259 5292
Opening hours: 8am – 5pm

2) Giok Hong Tian Temple (Yu Huang Dian)

495 Havelock Road
Phone: 6733 5727
Opening hours: 7am – 5pm
Hihi, when should we return the eggs after getting a BFP?

I also had spotting on day 9 then followed by bleeding. I had a threatened miscarriage. Thankfully saved after the progesterone jabs and additional pessaries to boost support for the baby.

Hi im currently in my 2ww, had my day5 transfer done on Christmas and yday morning went for blood test and went back in the noon for the support jab as my hormones lvl abit low. This morning i had some reddish spottings. Anyone had similar experience as me? Deep in me im feeling so depressed but i tried to stay normal watching dramas and telling myself and my embryo we'll be ok.

Hello i just did my 3dt on xmas eve and have an appt for review on monday. Any idea why this review is required? Blood test is scheduled for 6jan

Hello i just did my 3dt on xmas eve and have an appt for review on monday. Any idea why this review is required? Blood test is scheduled for 6jan
I guess is to check ur hormones level. My bt is also scheduled on 6 jan but i checked my hormones level yday.

Back