IVF 2019 support group

Can I check for ladies who saw tcm regularly, do you continue your tcm meds (powder) afyer ET during the 2ww?

My IVF doc said to abstain, hubby asked me to listen to doc but when I went for acupuncture, my tcm doc said the tcm meds will help during the 2ww. I'm in a dilemma.

Hi everyone i am starting my FET natural cycle in dec. Any suggestions for uterus lining support foods? I m trying for no.2.
Thank you.

Hi everyone i have 2 questions for your advice:
1. Did anyone get the assisted reproduction program insurance that used to be mandatory before 2019? Am feeling kiasu but my gynae mentioned nowadays ppl dun buy because of MediShield life..
2. Anyone knows the success rate of a thawed day 5 blastocyst where the grading dropped after thawing? Mine used to be AB and now becomes BC. :(
TIA!

Can I check for ladies who saw tcm regularly, do you continue your tcm meds (powder) afyer ET during the 2ww?

My IVF doc said to abstain, hubby asked me to listen to doc but when I went for acupuncture, my tcm doc said the tcm meds will help during the 2ww. I'm in a dilemma.
I have the query too n done some reading. Said to be helpful

Hi!
In my 2nd frozen blastocyst transfer, I stopped TCM and only take the oral medicine that doctor prescribed. It was a borderline pregnancy of 10units which could not sustain longer.

In my last frozen Day-3 embryos transfer, I continued with my brewed TCM after lunch. So in the morning and evening, I take oral medicine and afternoon TCM.

My hcg was 3000 units with 2 fraternal twins. So far so good in my 11 weeks of pregnancy. Still drinking TCM to ease mild nausea.

I have been drinking TCM brewed medicine for 1.5 years. So i decided to trust it.

1. Did anyone get the assisted reproduction program insurance that used to be mandatory before 2019? Am feeling kiasu but my gynae mentioned nowadays ppl dun buy because of MediShield life..
2. Anyone knows the success rate of a thawed day 5 blastocyst where the grading dropped after thawing? Mine used to be AB and now becomes BC. :(
TIA!

Hi!
Responding to yr Qn 2,
My grade A* blastocyst could not help me to be pregnant. Rather, 2 average grade 3 Day-3 embryos implanted and i am currently 11 weeks pregnant.

I was shattered as I had high hopes of a blastocyst of a morphologically better grade. Ended up, the average grades made me become first-time mother to be.

So... my conclusion is, it is only a grade morphologically. There are too many unknown reasons.

All the best of best to you. Hugs. :)

Hi!
In my 2nd frozen blastocyst transfer, I stopped TCM and only take the oral medicine that doctor prescribed. It was a borderline pregnancy of 10units which could not sustain longer.

In my last frozen Day-3 embryos transfer, I continued with my brewed TCM after lunch. So in the morning and evening, I take oral medicine and afternoon TCM.

My hcg was 3000 units with 2 fraternal twins. So far so good in my 11 weeks of pregnancy. Still drinking TCM to ease mild nausea.

I have been drinking TCM brewed medicine for 1.5 years. So i decided to trust it.

That's good news! Congrats to you :)

Any ladies here went thru ivf fresh cycle then 'last min' doc advise to freeze the embryos n do FET much ltr? Usually how long ltr n what r the things to look out for

Anyone went Blood test? Went this morning at 12dpt. My HCG is 8.4.. KKH scheduled me for another blood test to cnfrm whether positive or negativs. :( anyone encounter this before?

Anyone went Blood test? Went this morning at 12dpt. My HCG is 8.4.. KKH scheduled me for another blood test to cnfrm whether positive or negativs. :( anyone encounter this before?

Hi,
My hcg was 10units - borderline pregnancy. Then 2 days later did 2nd blood test again, hcg dropped to less than 5units...

Be mentally prepared ok. Hugs.

Hi,
My hcg was 10units - borderline pregnancy. Then 2 days later did 2nd blood test again, hcg dropped to less than 5units...

Be mentally prepared ok. Hugs.
Yeah... I was all prepared actually since i was bleeding since day 4... Didnt expect the result to be this... Was more prepared that it would be negative..

Yeah... I was all prepared actually since i was bleeding since day 4... Didnt expect the result to be this... Was more prepared that it would be negative..

Sounds like this is an improvement to your previous attempt! A borderline pregnancy which you didnt expect too!

All the way, all the way. 3rd time will be good, better, best!!! :) :)

Hi anyone doing IVF in 2019 ?
Thought we could form a support group during this scary time!

I'll be doing my IVF too, Yes i am nervous and i read a lot of articles about it already and I think I am ready to undergo this. My doctor is Dr Ann Tan of Women Fertility & Fetal Centre at Mount Elizabeth Medical Centre. Also did some research about her. Remember that looking for the right doctor plays a big part as well.

I'll be doing my IVF too, Yes i am nervous and i read a lot of articles about it already and I think I am ready to undergo this. My doctor is Dr Ann Tan of Women Fertility & Fetal Centre at Mount Elizabeth Medical Centre. Also did some research about her. Remember that looking for the right doctor plays a big part as well.

Hi.. i'm also seeing Dr Ann Tan.. Baby dust to u =)

Hi.. i'm also seeing Dr Ann Tan.. Baby dust to u =)

I am with dr Ann Tan too, day 10 after FET , 3 more days to go to know if result positive. I am going a bit nuts, losing my temper , etc . Help. I am so scared of negative news. I might breakdown ....

Red dates drink, chicken broth.. red meat..
Can try fertility massage and acupuncture

When do we drink or eat or do all this ? In that 2 weeks wait after FET or? I m in my day 10th only on those hormone pills n injection , didn’t eat any special food at all

Hi!

Which TCM do you go ? I am only on western medication and day 10 after FET . Super anxious. Coz I don’t think I did enough or I do too many wrongs in my first week ..... help ...

Which TCM do you go ? I am only on western medication and day 10 after FET . Super anxious. Coz I don’t think I did enough or I do too many wrongs in my first week ..... help ...

You sound quite nervous about the upcoming blood test and I think its understandable. Just remember that whatever the result will be, everything has been concluded.

Perhaps it is better for you to prepare your emotion. Staying hopeful & experiencing downs are part of IVF journey...

You mentioned in another group that you experience no sign of pregnancy symptom. Atleast you havent experience period symptoms!

I have been drinking brewed TCM for 1.5 years. I consult Thong Chai Medical Institution physician in Sengkang(fertility department).

Jiayou for this Friday. :)

I am with dr Ann Tan too, day 10 after FET , 3 more days to go to know if result positive. I am going a bit nuts, losing my temper , etc . Help. I am so scared of negative news. I might breakdown ....

I know it’s hard but you’ve got to learn and chill a bit. Watch some comedy and don’t read too much into signs and symptoms. Being too uptight about it won’t help with the situation. But having a relaxed mind does.

It’s also important to manage your expectations. I supposed it’s your first try? If so, being able to strike on your 1st cycle is a bonus. Even if it doesn’t, chin up and come back stronger. If you are open to it, you can try to POAS? I'm a POAS addict so at least I'm mentally prepared prior to the BT day regardless of the outcome. All the best!

Not everyone experiences symptoms.

This journey is tough for all of us, regardless of the reasons why we embark on it.

Celebrate every milestone and success.

The fact that you are doing FET means that
1. You actually have eggs and your body responded to the medication
2. Your eggs are successfully fertilized and managed to grow to the desired stage

Of cos there is a lot more to go.

I’m just sharing how I manage my journey. I treat each appointment as a milestone check and hope that at each appt, I can still put a tick and say that I’m still pregnant. One week at a time.

Sorry if it sounds confusing. I’m not pessimistic, neither am I optimistic. I’m simply realistic, given the odds of a trillion and one things going wrong, especially after my threatened miscarriage at week 4. Nothing is in our control. I leave it to whatever greater powers who is overseeing this new life in me.

This is the only way I can survive, should there be any bad news given to me along the way.

I think we can all empathize with you.

We may not admit it but we are all equally worried.

Any ladies here went thru ivf fresh cycle then 'last min' doc advise to freeze the embryos n do FET much ltr? Usually how long ltr n what r the things to look out for
They asked me to come back 1-2 cycles later. Was advised to call up the clinic when my menses come. Did not really advise on what to look out for.

You sound quite nervous about the upcoming blood test and I think its understandable. Just remember that whatever the result will be, everything has been concluded.

Perhaps it is better for you to prepare your emotion. Staying hopeful & experiencing downs are part of IVF journey...

You mentioned in another group that you experience no sign of pregnancy symptom. Atleast you havent experience period symptoms!

I have been drinking brewed TCM for 1.5 years. I consult Thong Chai Medical Institution physician in Sengkang(fertility department).

Jiayou for this Friday. :)

YL, thank you for your Long response which meant a lot to me ... a lot, thank you

Not everyone experiences symptoms.

This journey is tough for all of us, regardless of the reasons why we embark on it.

Celebrate every milestone and success.

The fact that you are doing FET means that
1. You actually have eggs and your body responded to the medication
2. Your eggs are successfully fertilized and managed to grow to the desired stage

Of cos there is a lot more to go.

I’m just sharing how I manage my journey. I treat each appointment as a milestone check and hope that at each appt, I can still put a tick and say that I’m still pregnant. One week at a time.

Sorry if it sounds confusing. I’m not pessimistic, neither am I optimistic. I’m simply realistic, given the odds of a trillion and one things going wrong, especially after my threatened miscarriage at week 4. Nothing is in our control. I leave it to whatever greater powers who is overseeing this new life in me.

This is the only way I can survive, should there be any bad news given to me along the way.

I think we can all empathize with you.

We may not admit it but we are all equally worried.

Thank you ...

I know it’s hard but you’ve got to learn and chill a bit. Watch some comedy and don’t read too much into signs and symptoms. Being too uptight about it won’t help with the situation. But having a relaxed mind does.

It’s also important to manage your expectations. I supposed it’s your first try? If so, being able to strike on your 1st cycle is a bonus. Even if it doesn’t, chin up and come back stronger. If you are open to it, you can try to POAS? I'm a POAS addict so at least I'm mentally prepared prior to the BT day regardless of the outcome. All the best!

Hi Milogal88, I actually had to google what’s POAS- that’s really courageous of you to do that, before the BT. My gf donated her sticks to me hoping to give me baby dust n luck , she just popped her 3rd son. I definitely have enough sticks but I don’t have courage. Hubby very smart , took these 2 weeks for travel. So emotional and physical support - I felt I am alone. I might breakdown if POAS negative and I had no one to lean to. How often anyone actually wait til BT right? And with Dr Ann - nothing is cheap. If no need blood test , can we avoid it ?

Hi Milogal88, I actually had to google what’s POAS- that’s really courageous of you to do that, before the BT. My gf donated her sticks to me hoping to give me baby dust n luck , she just popped her 3rd son. I definitely have enough sticks but I don’t have courage. Hubby very smart , took these 2 weeks for travel. So emotional and physical support - I felt I am alone. I might breakdown if POAS negative and I had no one to lean to. How often anyone actually wait til BT right? And with Dr Ann - nothing is cheap. If no need blood test , can we avoid it ?

I’m not being courageous….I’m just being practical and realistic ;). Plus, I don’t like to be kept in suspense. More so, if I tested BFP and spotting comes along, I’ll know what’s the next course of action to take instead of guessing away. I guess having failed soooo many times, I’ve become more Zen. Instead of always sinking into depression and asking “What and Why” with no answer, I’ve learned to take things a lot easier and will instead, read up and find out more what I can do better in preparation for the next cycle. And for every cycles, I’ll always have a ‘retreat’ plan if the cycle don’t work out. I’ll binge eat/drink all the COLD stuffs especially I’ve abstain for so many years while TTC so that’s the only window period I’ll indulge, and I’ll be back fighting. Cry if you need to coz I still cry at every failed cycles. But you gotta pick yourself up fast again and embark on the journey.

Well, I guess even if your spouse is around, only we ourselves can overcome our own emotions and move on from it. Ironically, I’m thankful for IVF that really tunes my mindset and matures me along the way. Our brain is a very powerful tool. So don’t let negativity get into you. Read some positive books, it will help you a lot.

Sweetz,
I want to say, i didnt do any urine test haha!
I had spent too much in the past, and since I had to pay for hcg blood test, i decided not to spend on urine test kits. Heehee. Stingy me.

In my 1st ET, my period came 2 days before the blood test. Cried big time till i had double eyelids the next day. Hahaha.

2nd ET, no period so thought i was pregnant. But ended up, a borderline pregnancy. Shattered very badly because I thought a blastocyst might implant better. Took about 1.5months to heal my heart.

3rd ET, no period also but i was very hungry by night time. No spotting/bleeding. But i tahan till blood test.

Chill. Chill. Chill. Whatever will be, has been. Dont feel guilty or ganjiong. :)

I’m not being courageous….I’m just being practical and realistic ;). Plus, I don’t like to be kept in suspense. More so, if I tested BFP and spotting comes along, I’ll know what’s the next course of action to take instead of guessing away. I guess having failed soooo many times, I’ve become more Zen. Instead of always sinking into depression and asking “What and Why” with no answer, I’ve learned to take things a lot easier and will instead, read up and find out more what I can do better in preparation for the next cycle. And for every cycles, I’ll always have a ‘retreat’ plan if the cycle don’t work out. I’ll binge eat/drink all the COLD stuffs especially I’ve abstain for so many years while TTC so that’s the only window period I’ll indulge, and I’ll be back fighting. Cry if you need to coz I still cry at every failed cycles. But you gotta pick yourself up fast again and embark on the journey.

Well, I guess even if your spouse is around, only we ourselves can overcome our own emotions and move on from it. Ironically, I’m thankful for IVF that really tunes my mindset and matures me along the way. Our brain is a very powerful tool. So don’t let negativity get into you. Read some positive books, it will help you a lot.

Haha so cute and funny reading your sharing. Sounds so familiar that I indulged in cold stuffs first before I get back on my feet again. :)

Hugs.

So jiayou, sweetpaine!
If bonus, we rejoice with you. If otherwise, cry and get back soon.

Dont lose hope as long period does not arrive there still possibility. Not all pregnant women have symptoms! I dont symptoms in my 2weeks wait but just anxiety, i was like u hubby not around as he have to travel. I think im also a POAS addict.... be positive whatever the outcomes! Move on and never lose hope.

Do smth or eat smth u like.. Keep urself bz.. Jiayou.. all the best ~

Hi, i believe chocolate won't affect but not too sure about exercising. I have restrained myself from walking too much, squating and doing housework after the ET. Although researchs say that can resume normal activities after ET, but I wouldn't risk it. It is also embryo itself that might be detective that failed to implant. Many factors. Bu things that are within your control: try to be positive and rest more during the 2ww.

From my experience my advise is try not to do anything during the 2ww except resting more n walking slowly and only take soupy stuff with more veg.
If you need to work then try to walk slow pace.
baby dust to you all soon =)

nope dont take any tcm stuff try to get rid of them first n no acupuncture...
but go with ur heart everyone is different.

TIA!
I bought and it comes handy. Now I am claiming from them. =)

Hi ladies ,
I am returning back red eggs to temple - zhu sheng niang niang beside combat durian @ 249 balestier road before 12pm on 10 dec.

you may want to get some red eggs for good luck

baby dust to all IVF mommies soon

Reading your responses bring a smile to my face , I woke up this morning trying to do some decluttering and organising - end up got mad at things ... haha ... taking a deep breath now. I have a home Google , I kept asking for jokes until it repeats - n got boring. Here’s one for you all “where do math teacher go for holiday?” “To time square!” Another - What bear has no teeth ? Gummy bear !

I actually have a miracle wonderful precious son who’s now 6 years old going P1, I tried for 2nd for 5 years now. Started treatment 2 full years now, just trying to feel more complete having 2 children n give sibling to my one n only. Before my boy , I isolate fr parents with kids, now with one , I isolate fr parents with more than one kid. We live in a community , social pressure is so unavoidable... sometimes I felt bad for the reason I want to have second one.

Have a good day everyone! I have donated sticks but not using ! Just go blood test on Friday tomorrow and keep myself bz !

Quick question mummies and mummies to be, can eat promeganate the fruit ? The red small seed looking fruit ? Day 10 after FET

it's a tough journey, but we choose to be part of this for a reason, persevere on, take good care of yourself and hope for the best! Baby dust to u!

Counting down to my blood test on Friday. No guts to test myself and not sure how to face failures. 2 miscarriages 1 failed FET.. smtimes I wonder how I can continue fighting.

Hi!
Responding to yr Qn 2,
My grade A* blastocyst could not help me to be pregnant. Rather, 2 average grade 3 Day-3 embryos implanted and i am currently 11 weeks pregnant.

I was shattered as I had high hopes of a blastocyst of a morphologically better grade. Ended up, the average grades made me become first-time mother to be.

So... my conclusion is, it is only a grade morphologically. There are too many unknown reasons.

All the best of best to you. Hugs. :)
Thank you. In my previous FET the blast downgraded to compact embryo. I had a hcg of 14 units but dropped by half 2 days later. Am worried if this time round happens again. Tmr is my bt but I’m having my first spotting today, coupled with aches. Doesn’t sound positive n seem like aunty flo is visiting

Counting down to my blood test on Friday. No guts to test myself and not sure how to face failures. 2 miscarriages 1 failed FET.. smtimes I wonder how I can continue fighting.

Sorry to hear that. Perhpas you might want to go for checks if you have not done so to see if there's any underlying issues e.g. sticky blood, autoimmunity, vit D deficiency etc as these can cause MC and/or hinder implantation. You can either see Dr Choolani or Dr Sheila Vasoo. You can google and find out more about them.

Reading your responses bring a smile to my face , I woke up this morning trying to do some decluttering and organising - end up got mad at things ... haha ... taking a deep breath now. I have a home Google , I kept asking for jokes until it repeats - n got boring. Here’s one for you all “where do math teacher go for holiday?” “To time square!” Another - What bear has no teeth ? Gummy bear !

I actually have a miracle wonderful precious son who’s now 6 years old going P1, I tried for 2nd for 5 years now. Started treatment 2 full years now, just trying to feel more complete having 2 children n give sibling to my one n only. Before my boy , I isolate fr parents with kids, now with one , I isolate fr parents with more than one kid. We live in a community , social pressure is so unavoidable... sometimes I felt bad for the reason I want to have second one.

Have a good day everyone! I have donated sticks but not using ! Just go blood test on Friday tomorrow and keep myself bz !

You're already very blessed to have a child. Regardless of the results tmr, chin up and you still have your boy waiting for you at home. So it's not the end of the world. All the best for your BT tmr!

Sorry to hear that. Perhpas you might want to go for checks if you have not done so to see if there's any underlying issues e.g. sticky blood, autoimmunity, vit D deficiency etc as these can cause MC and/or hinder implantation. You can either see Dr Choolani or Dr Sheila Vasoo. You can google and find out more about them.
Hi thank you. I have successful implantation before where 1 was terminated at week 22 and another time I Mc at week 18. All due to genetic problems. Did another harvest n did pgd, but this batch is Not as strong as the first batch. My last FET using the fresh batch of tested embryos ended with Low hcg (14units n dropped by half within 3 days). Hence seems like embryo issue rather than environment issue . My blasts downgraded after thawing to BC and another one not rated (so bad until the embryologist doesn’t want to comment I guess)

Hi thank you. I have successful implantation before where 1 was terminated at week 22 and another time I Mc at week 18. All due to genetic problems. Did another harvest n did pgd, but this batch is Not as strong as the first batch. My last FET using the fresh batch of tested embryos ended with Low hcg (14units n dropped by half within 3 days). Hence seems like embryo issue rather than environment issue . My blasts downgraded after thawing to BC and another one not rated (so bad until the embryologist doesn’t want to comment I guess)

Hugs. Sorry to hear that you have to go through all these. Perhaps you can discuss with your doc again on what more could be done to improve the quality of the embryos e.g. change of jabs, or change of protocol.

Back