Year 2020 June Mommies

Dear ladies, do give some feedback on egg donation in Malaysia:

Singaporeans head to Malaysia, elsewhere to find IVF egg donors
Singaporeans have travelled as far as the United States and Australia to find an egg donor to help them have a baby, but many have also gone to Malaysia, checks by The Straits Times showed.. Read more at straitstimes.com.
www.straitstimes.com
www.straitstimes.com

Egg donation in Malaysia costs just S$16,300 (RM50,000) all inclusive with IVF treatment !!!

S’poreans head to Malaysia, elsewhere to find egg donors

Singaporeans have travelled as far as the United States and Australia to find an egg donor to help them have a baby, but many have also gone to Malaysia, checks by The Straits Times showed. Ms Christine Gautaman, who runs Heart to ART, a firm in Selangor that matches couples to egg donors, told ST about 20 per cent of her clients are Singaporeans who require an egg donor, a surrogate mother, or both. For example, she has had Singaporean couples where the wives were in their 20s but suffered from premature ovarian failure. In such a case, the ovaries stop functioning normally before the age of 40, and the woman would require donor eggs to conceive. Her other Singaporean clients are often older, some in their 40s. She said Singaporeans prefer to use an anonymous egg donor as they have no ties to the donor and can raise the child as their own.
The cost of in-vitro fertilisation (IVF) using an egg donor is about RM50,000 (S$16,300). She said this covers the fees paid to the egg donor, the treatment to retrieve the donor’s eggs and the IVF procedure for the mother-to-be, which is performed in Malaysia.
Ms Gautaman did not say how much the donors are paid. She added that the egg donors at her agency are generally between the ages of 21 and 32, and many are degree holders. Some are even doctors, lawyers and accountants, she said. “These ladies are very well aware of the gift of life they are giving to their recipients and although they do receive some remuneration for their time and effort, they generally are doing this to help others,” said Ms Gautaman.
From January next year, women aged 45 and older will be allowed to undergo IVF here. Doctors cheered the move but they pointed out that many of these older women would need donor eggs to conceive even if they are allowed to undergo IVF here.
Dr Sadhana Nadarajah, senior consultant of the reproductive medicine department at the KK Women’s
and Children’s Hospital, explained that women in their late 40s and 50s will have to use donor eggs to
get pregnant. For women in that age group, if they are not menopausal, most of their eggs may be genetically abnormal by then, and it will be challenging to conceive using their own eggs, she said.
However, there are some women in their 20s who suffer from premature menopause and will also need
donor eggs to conceive. Doctors say egg donors in Singapore are uncommon due to the tedious procedures involved, the fact that they cannot be paid and that people are just uncomfortable with the idea as the child would be biologically related
to them.
None of the five women The Straits Times approached who used egg donors was willing to be interviewed.

Hi All, I'm 6 weeks 4 days today and am feeling very bloated and nauseous. Need to rely on Diclectin everyday to curb the queasiness. On top of this, I'm taking Duphaston pills too to stabilise the pregnancy. Previously I had threaten miscarriage scare where I suddenly bled alot, luckily my baby is still safe. I was given progesterone jab that day.
With all the medications, I'm so worried about my pregnancy, I had no appetite to eat at times and feeling crampy. Just hope that my pregnancy journey will be smoother in time to come.

just did my ultrasound last week at Thomson clinic in JE.. the pricing is scary thou... do you all have any other cheaper suggestions

just did my ultrasound last week at Thomson clinic in JE.. the pricing is scary thou... do you all have any other cheaper suggestions
Is it Dr Tan TL? I was initially thinking to consult him as well.... the last i check his pricing is $250++ for first time, then $80 consultation + $80 scan, is it correct?

Hi, im in my week 6-7. Im experiencing brown spotting ever since i tested positive. Went to the gyne ytd and gotten a jab. Anyone experience the same? Im worried that this may lead to MC.

Is it Dr Tan TL? I was initially thinking to consult him as well.... the last i check his pricing is $250++ for first time, then $80 consultation + $80 scan, is it correct?

yeah, my 1st bill was closing to 500 (OMG) but yeah, with ultra scan, blood test, and some vits .... i have another visit to him in 10 days.. im so phobia of the next bill.

Hi, im in my week 6-7. Im experiencing brown spotting ever since i tested positive. Went to the gyne ytd and gotten a jab. Anyone experience the same? Im worried that this may lead to MC.
Hi Joy,

How did your spotting go after the jab? I am assuming your gynae didnt have a definite answer for you. Are you feeling better now?

Regards,
F

Hello, I chanced upon this forum and wanted to seek some advice from fellow mommies to be.

My work requires me to travel. I just came back from a week-long trip and had very bad morning (all day in fact) sickness. Should I let my boss know even though I’m only at week 7 now? I have 2-3 more planned trips till year end. Preference is still to wait till everything is more stable after the first trimester is over.

Hi Joy,

How did your spotting go after the jab? I am assuming your gynae didnt have a definite answer for you. Are you feeling better now?

Regards,
F

Yes, no definite ans suspect not stable yet? He also increased my dosage of Duphaston.

My spotting improved 2-3 days after the jab but I'm still spotting after heavy cough/vomit. I have lots of phlegm, no idea when it will cure.

So worrying everyday.....

Yes, no definite ans suspect not stable yet? He also increased my dosage of Duphaston.

My spotting improved 2-3 days after the jab but I'm still spotting after heavy cough/vomit. I have lots of phlegm, no idea when it will cure.

So worrying everyday.....
Oh dear. Stay strong, love.

hi,
i just had my first scan today should week 5.5 now, dr said i’m low uterine pregnancy. i’m
scared ... can’t find anything online and it seems like it’s not viable
anyone can share or tell me more please

Hello, I chanced upon this forum and wanted to seek some advice from fellow mommies to be.

My work requires me to travel. I just came back from a week-long trip and had very bad morning (all day in fact) sickness. Should I let my boss know even though I’m only at week 7 now? I have 2-3 more planned trips till year end. Preference is still to wait till everything is more stable after the first trimester is over.

hihi, yes. Im also forced to tell my boss at week 6 when i got hyperemesis (severe puking etc) and now on unpaid leave at week 8. Im developing more preg complication reactions as weeks go by. Their support can be extremely impt! Wells.. they cant sack us technically without compensating AND giving a good reason. So dont worry! We are not trying to skive but the physical impacts are real.

btw, my gynae advised travelling n i am gonna cancel my2.5 weeks of rd trip in dec. Suggest you check with yours. But my hyperemisis is bad, such that my original gynae turned me away and asked me to go ANY A&E but TMC. And not to go back to her... im seeing two gynae at the same time (one pte n one at kkh) in case of more complications or get turned away.

hihi, yes. Im also forced to tell my boss at week 6 when i got hyperemesis (severe puking etc) and now on unpaid leave at week 8. Im developing more preg complication reactions as weeks go by. Their support can be extremely impt! Wells.. they cant sack us technically without compensating AND giving a good reason. So dont worry! We are not trying to skive but the physical impacts are real.

btw, my gynae advised travelling n i am gonna cancel my2.5 weeks of rd trip in dec. Suggest you check with yours. But my hyperemisis is bad, such that my original gynae turned me away and asked me to go ANY A&E but TMC. And not to go back to her... im seeing two gynae at the same time (one pte n one at kkh) in case of more complications or get turned away.

Thanks Mama Yo! I took 1 week off work this week as well just to rest at home. Shall inform my boss coming Monday. Gynae told me to cancel all work trips till early January.

That sounds really serious. I hope your condition gets better soon and do stay hydrated! Hang in there.

Back