Hospitalization leave - KKH

Fdzul

Hi All,

Any good gynae in KKH to recommend who is not stingy on HL?
Previous gynae moving to private hosp, thinking of getting a new gynae. Work can be pretty labour intensive and coming to 3rd trimester so planning ahead now.
Hope to get recommendations from your guys!

Thanks!

Hi All,

Previous gynae moving to private hosp, thinking of getting a new gynae. Work can be pretty labour intensive and coming to 3rd trimester so planning ahead now.

Thanks!

Hi Fdzul, I was with Dr Lee Jiah Min at KKH for about 6 months before I had to be transferred to Dr Sadhana for IVF treatment. Dr Lee is super nice and caring. She speaks really fast but that's because she wants to explain a lot of things to you. Even when I went in for just an update on the results of my blood work, she would always offer me MC. Might want to check her out!

Hi Fdzul, I was with Dr Lee Jiah Min at KKH for about 6 months before I had to be transferred to Dr Sadhana for IVF treatment. Dr Lee is super nice and caring. She speaks really fast but that's because she wants to explain a lot of things to you. Even when I went in for just an update on the results of my blood work, she would always offer me MC. Might want to check her out!

Hey Thanks! I think I will consider Dr Lee :)

Salam Fdzul,

I gave birth 4 months ago with Dr Seet Mei Jun. (Not recommending, haha)
But back then, whenever i told my friends that i'll be delivering at KKH, they often asked me if my gynae was Suzanna. (not sure if thats the right spelling) Im not sure why most of them will asked about her, but u might want to get to know her.

Salam Fdzul,

But back then, whenever i told my friends that i'll be delivering at KKH, they often asked me if my gynae was Suzanna. (not sure if thats the right spelling) Im not sure why most of them will asked about her, but u might want to get to know her.

Wsalam!
Congrats on your delivery!
Btw Yes, i’ve heard about her. But her appointments are usually fully booked. And I also heard about her being stingy on HL (hahaha!)

But thanks anyway. Atleast I know which gynae to avoid hehe.

Salam Fdzul,

Hey Ummie! Just out of curiosity, why wouldn't you recommend Dr Seet? Care to share? :D

Hey Ummie! Just out of curiosity, why wouldn't you recommend Dr Seet? Care to share? :D

Sure! Well i chose her because she was very kind with her words, she's young & bubbly and very easy going. I'm comfortable with her. But she did careless mistakes like there was one time that i need to have my 5 months ultrascan on my next appointment, by right she should have issued me the scan paper for me to pass to the nurses there, but when i arrived that particular morning, i realise i do not have that sheet of paper. The nurse asked me to get the paper from my clinic counter (no need to see doctor).

So i went down, the clinic was closed, open in 45mins time. To my stubborness i went in & asked for the paper over the counter. The nurse scolded me and assumed that every pregnant women should have that paper, & its just me who forgot to bring it. She asked me to wait until my doctor come.
I was shocked to hear that, & we being pregnant i guess we are really emotional, i went out & cried!
Upon seeing my condition, my husband went in & scolded the nurse. She then gave me the paper.
Another incident was, few months before my due date that was on 24th Sept 2018, Dr Seet told me she will be going for holiday on early Oct, so she will be around to deliver my baby.
Few days before my due date, it was my last appointment, she checked that i have diluted 2cm, she gave me a choice to induce or just wait until i feel pain. She said if i want her to deliver my baby, then i have to induce bcos she will be flying the next day. She forseen that if i induce today, i will be able to deliver tomorrow. If i wait until the pain comes, she might not be here to deliver my baby.
As a 1st time mom clueless of giving birth, i decided to induce. I was warded at 4pm, induced at about 5pm on 19th of Sept. Waited & waited, nothing happen. At 12am 20th Sept, Dr Seet asked the nurse to break my waterbag but labour was full. So the nurse said its ok, we will wait until i cant stand the pain then they will push me to labour.
I felt pain at 4am, pushed me to labour. They broke my waterbag at 6am.
Dr Seet came in at 10am to check on me, i wasnt dilating. She said she cant wait for me she had to fly off, so another gynae will take over. I was disappointed. I gave birth at 9pm with a caesarean.

Sure! Well i chose her because she was very kind with her words, she's young & bubbly and very easy going. I'm comfortable with her. But she did careless mistakes like there was one time that i need to have my 5 months ultrascan on my next appointment, by right she should have issued me the scan paper for me to pass to the nurses there, but when i arrived that particular morning, i realise i do not have that sheet of paper. The nurse asked me to get the paper from my clinic counter (no need to see doctor).

So i went down, the clinic was closed, open in 45mins time. To my stubborness i went in & asked for the paper over the counter. The nurse scolded me and assumed that every pregnant women should have that paper, & its just me who forgot to bring it. She asked me to wait until my doctor come.
I was shocked to hear that, & we being pregnant i guess we are really emotional, i went out & cried!
Upon seeing my condition, my husband went in & scolded the nurse. She then gave me the paper.
Another incident was, few months before my due date that was on 24th Sept 2018, Dr Seet told me she will be going for holiday on early Oct, so she will be around to deliver my baby.
Few days before my due date, it was my last appointment, she checked that i have diluted 2cm, she gave me a choice to induce or just wait until i feel pain. She said if i want her to deliver my baby, then i have to induce bcos she will be flying the next day. She forseen that if i induce today, i will be able to deliver tomorrow. If i wait until the pain comes, she might not be here to deliver my baby.
As a 1st time mom clueless of giving birth, i decided to induce. I was warded at 4pm, induced at about 5pm on 19th of Sept. Waited & waited, nothing happen. At 12am 20th Sept, Dr Seet asked the nurse to break my waterbag but labour was full. So the nurse said its ok, we will wait until i cant stand the pain then they will push me to labour.
Dr Seet came in at 10am to check on me, i wasnt dilating. She said she cant wait for me she had to fly off, so another gynae will take over. I was disappointed. I gave birth at 9pm with a caesarean.

Oh no, I wouldn’t wanna experience that. Did u choose csect ?

Oh no, I wouldn’t wanna experience that. Did u choose csect ?

I wanted normal. I was already 15 hours in labour and i was having high fever. Doctor came in to say that it is dangerous for baby. Doctor said will wait for another 3 hours, if no progression then will have to proceed for csect.

Hi

I'm a subsidized patient currently at 27 weeks in kkh. Any idea if they will give hl or just expect me to continue working till I deliver in the last few weeks? I'm a teacher so no annual leave and not worth it to utilize maternity leave too soon as well... Am a first time mum so I'm very confused.. Kkh doctors don like giving hl and I wonder why... :-(

Hi

I'm a subsidized patient currently at 27 weeks in kkh. Any idea if they will give hl or just expect me to continue working till I deliver in the last few weeks? I'm a teacher so no annual leave and not worth it to utilize maternity leave too soon as well... Am a first time mum so I'm very confused.. Kkh doctors don like giving hl and I wonder why... :-(

Hi Van2,
Yeah i heard subsidized patient pretty hard to get HL mostly due to the fact that the docs are usually pretty “junior”. Im a private patient but I request for HL from my gynae , telling them my job request me to be on my feet constantly - no issue in providing HL. However, My friend is under subsidize (KKH )as well and her gynae expected her to work till she is about 38 weeks. I hope that is not the case for you. Fingers crossed!

Hi.. just want to add that KKH gynae do not give HL unless there’s complication or it’s a high risk pregnancy. Usually they’ll ward you for that. The Most they give is MC. Speaking from experience and what they’ve shared with me :)

Hi, my doctor is Dr. Seet also. I just finished my 1st trimester. Just want to ask, overall, is she okay? Does she provide any package for the consultation? Thank you.

Hi.. just want to add that KKH gynae do not give HL unless there’s complication or it’s a high risk pregnancy. Usually they’ll ward you for that. The Most they give is MC. Speaking from experience and what they’ve shared with me :)

This is no 100% true! Yesterday when we went to routine check up (wk37+6), our gynea ask do u still work? Normally ppl start to rest at home, if u want rest I can issue u HL.. anyway we are on private at KKH

This is no 100% true! Yesterday when we went to routine check up (wk37+6), our gynea ask do u still work? Normally ppl start to rest at home, if u want rest I can issue u HL.. anyway we are on private at KKH

Hi Excited daddy,

Yeah for private gynae they will give HL. But for subsidize patients, usually the gynae won’t proactive offer if i’m not wrong. That is very unfortunate. I’m a private patient at KKH as well and fortunately been on HL for a couple weeks already.

Hi Excited daddy,

Yeah for private gynae they will give HL. But for subsidize patients, usually the gynae won’t proactive offer if i’m not wrong. That is very unfortunate. I’m a private patient at KKH as well and fortunately been on HL for a couple weeks already.

Hi, just want to ask what is the difference between private patient and subsidized patient? Thank you. My gyne at KKH won’t give me HL. Thanks

Hi, just want to ask what is the difference between private patient and subsidized patient? Thank you. My gyne at KKH won’t give me HL. Thanks

Private mean u see same gynea each time n he will be the one deliver your LO in lan our room n consultation more expensive.

Hi! May I know which gynae you are with?

Prof TC Tan.. he leave KKH in 3 days to setup own clinic.
My gynae is a also private but when i see him during my 37 weeks and requested for HL, he doesnt want to give me. Plus i wan hospitalized one week earlier and was on HL till that appt. Then he say cannot give anymore HL and ask me go back to work and see him on the next appt on 38 weeks.

My gynae is a also private but when i see him during my 37 weeks and requested for HL, he doesnt want to give me. Plus i wan hospitalized one week earlier and was on HL till that appt. Then he say cannot give anymore HL and ask me go back to work and see him on the next appt on 38 weeks.
Who is ur gynea?

Hi All.

Im in week 11 now but my morning sickness is still super bad and Ive missed work frequently for a month now. My nausea is throughout the day, therefore its really tough for me to attend work.

Anyone knows any gynae that will be able to issue HL for bed rest?

Thanks in advance. :)

Hi All.

Im in week 11 now but my morning sickness is still super bad and Ive missed work frequently for a month now. My nausea is throughout the day, therefore its really tough for me to attend work.

Anyone knows any gynae that will be able to issue HL for bed rest?

Thanks in advance. :)

Hi,

Usually private gynaes can give HL.

Hi All,

Thanks!
Hi Fdzul

Can you share the name of your gynae? I am currently seeing Dr Serene Thain in KKH but unfortunately she is a little stingy in giving HL. Working in the retail line is very tiring. Hoping that I can rest home.

I'm 28 weeks pregnant btw.

hi,

understandable. I am not even working in retail & felt really tired working. So i tried my luck with my gynae from KK and she was ok to provide.

Hi Fdzul

Can you share the name of your gynae? I am currently seeing Dr Serene Thain in KKH but unfortunately she is a little stingy in giving HL. Working in the retail line is very tiring. Hoping that I can rest home.

I'm 28 weeks pregnant btw.

Hi..
I am 24weeks pregnant and under subsidize patient at kkh.. currently im trying to get HL but hospital refused to give me.. im an infantcare teacher and it is very hard dealing with 28 babies in my centre while being pregnant.. any recommendation how to get HL?

Hi Aida89,
i’m not sure about subsidized patients but from what I heard, its pretty tough getting HL unless you have an underlying issue.
Hi..
I am 24weeks pregnant and under subsidize patient at kkh.. currently im trying to get HL but hospital refused to give me.. im an infantcare teacher and it is very hard dealing with 28 babies in my centre while being pregnant.. any recommendation how to get HL?

Indeed for subsidized patients, it's not ez...

Perhaps, u can get centre to re- arrange some workload? As my staff is also going on ML soon, I also told d rest of my staff 2 take note of d preggy cos last trimester can b quite tiring...

Hi,

Im seeing Dr Natalie Chua from Parkway East but she mentioned she is not allowed to issue HL for bedrest without me being hospitalized.

Hi dear! I'm with Dr Chua too :)

Just wondering, since she is unable to issue HL, did she issue you MC instead? I was planning to get rest 2 weeks prior to my due date.

Hi dear! I'm with Dr Chua too :)

Just wondering, since she is unable to issue HL, did she issue you MC instead? I was planning to get rest 2 weeks prior to my due date.
Hey there!
Ive already used up my MC entitlement hence I did not requested any from Dr Chua. However, thruout the whole time Dr Chua had no issues with issuing me MC whenever I needed them. :)

hi im 29 weeks pregnant and am with kkh subsidiary. ive been having very bad back pain and every time i go to kk they only give mc. any idea how or which gynae isn’t stingy with HL?

Hi,

Im seeing Dr Natalie Chua from Parkway East but she mentioned she is not allowed to issue HL for bedrest without me being hospitalized.
Hi i knw this is an old post... but just want to check.. means nearing ur edd she didnt give any HL to rest?

Im at 32 weeks (second pregnancy) and have been suffering from extreme ligament pains especially near the groin area. Cant walk properly and when I went in to see her for consultations, she was not empathetic abt my situation. When I asked her about HL towards the end of pregnancy, she told me to make arrangements with my workplace or move up my ML (I’ll be disadvantaged) and wasn't keen on issuing me HL.She said MC okay (I’m left with 3 days ) I felt so sad, I cried to my husband after her consultation. I really planned on rest last 4 weeks to prepare myself physically and mentally for the birth.

Hi, I’m not too sure if I’ll get a reply but did anyone get HL before giving birth? I’m currently at 32 weeks as a private kkh patient. My next apptment will be at 36 weeks and i would like to request for HL soon as im getting very very tired due to my nature of work as a preschool teacher. Don’t think I can wait till my next appointment to request for it.

Hi, I’m not too sure if I’ll get a reply but did anyone get HL before giving birth? I’m currently at 32 weeks as a private kkh patient. My next apptment will be at 36 weeks and i would like to request for HL soon as im getting very very tired due to my nature of work as a preschool teacher. Don’t think I can wait till my next appointment to request for it.
Hi, I'm 31 weeks preg now. My private gynae gave me HL until next year Jan 2023.. as I am very tired with my job as well. U can try voicing out ur concerns to ur gynae.

Hi, I'm 31 weeks preg now. My private gynae gave me HL until next year Jan 2023.. as I am very tired with my job as well. U can try voicing out ur concerns to ur gynae.
Hi rosey, i managed to get HL until my EDD which is on the 22nd of jan. Glad i reached out to my gynae. Thanks for your reply and all the best!

Back