IVF 2019

Hi everyone,
I'm new here......I have been trying to conceive more than 10 years and have tried 2x IUI and 3x IVF (Fresh and Frozen Cycle) in KKH which all failed. I almost gave up and feeling very disheartened. In April this year, I went to private dr Roland Chieng and we went through all the test and he said everything is good and he don't see any problem on us (which KKH doctor cannot explain why all the cycles failed). I did my egg retrieved in April and have about 24 eggs but only 4 have turned to Day 5 blastocyst (2 Good grade and 2 above average grade) considered very good. I did my FT in Aug and doctor insisted us to transfer only 1 blastocyst so we followed doctor's instruction. April to August, I also went for TCM acupuncture weekly before FT. First time did my IVF with Dr Roland and I am 6 weeks pregnant now and heard my baby's heartbeat yesterday and was super excited. Finally!!! after 10 years of trying.

So to all ladies, DO NOT GIVE UP and believed in yourself that it will happen!

U do fresh cycle

Hi..
I am 34 this year. Just did my briefing at KKH. Will be in the Feb cycle. Been married for 11 years. Never thought of having kids earlier but regretting it now. So when i want them now, we just dont have the time to get intimate.

have you considered child adoption?

Ladies, can check normally after ET how many days, we can start to buy pregnancy tube to test? Any brand recommended? Thanks:)

I read that many overseas IVF protocol do the BT at 9DP5DT, so i guess 9days past ET is a reliable date to test?

I'm 9DP5DT today but i'm already feeling like its a BFN, and i think my AF will be here any day now, even before my scheduled BT date. so resisting the urge to test.

I read that many overseas IVF protocol do the BT at 9DP5DT, so i guess 9days past ET is a reliable date to test?

I'm 9DP5DT today but i'm already feeling like its a BFN, and i think my AF will be here any day now, even before my scheduled BT date. so resisting the urge to test.
What is BFN and AF?

So yours is a day5 transfer? U can try to test but still have to check the BT cos they said some have lower HCG. :)

We are always tempted to POAS to know if BFP... finger cross and baby dust..

My blood test was scheduled 8dp5dt... But not sure how accurate the kit is. Maybe get the most sensitive clear blue digital? When is your bt scheduled?

Just did my FET yesterday with Day2 embryo! It is my second ET, the first has failed.
Just Day 2 at home and I am really bored. Is there anyone who is quite chill and still head out during the tww? Especially the first few days?

Just did my FET yesterday with Day2 embryo! It is my second ET, the first has failed.
Just Day 2 at home and I am really bored. Is there anyone who is quite chill and still head out during the tww? Especially the first few days?
I didn't stay home during tww. Despite having 2 weeks hospitalisation leave, I only took the day off for ER and ET day. Back to work for the rest of the days and it was a good distraction for me. I think if I stayed home I will be more edgy and constantly obsessing over the tww time.

I didn't stay home during tww. Despite having 2 weeks hospitalisation leave, I only took the day off for ER and ET day. Back to work for the rest of the days and it was a good distraction for me. I think if I stayed home I will be more edgy and constantly obsessing over the tww time.
Icic

Dear all,

I’m 36yo. Had a miscarriage in Feb 2019. Tried to conceived for 6 months since then but no news. Discovered I have multiple endometriotic cyst. And asked to do fertility tests and all. Considering IVF but heard of the painful process. Anyone been through similar route and any recommendation? I’m seeing HHTan at KKH. Considering to see Christopher Chen from glen eagles for 2nd opinion.

Dear all,

I’m 36yo. Had a miscarriage in Feb 2019. Tried to conceived for 6 months since then but no news. Discovered I have multiple endometriotic cyst. And asked to do fertility tests and all. Considering IVF but heard of the painful process. Anyone been through similar route and any recommendation? I’m seeing HHTan at KKH. Considering to see Christopher Chen from glen eagles for 2nd opinion.
I have been through IVF. Fresh cycle in jun, current month FET. I think the pain and such is a bearable process. Once you start with it, you will just go with the flow.

Hi Ladies, like to ask, if never have spotting or bleeding before BT is it not normal? Chances to get pregnant is it slim? :(Only got backaches, fatigue n lower tummy pain at times.

Thanks for your reply! I agree with that! This time round, perhaps also cause it is the 2nd time, I am a lot more chill, stop reading up so much and do not really bother with symptoms spotting. I’m going back to work after resting for 6 days too. Pray that all is good ba this second round. :)

Hi Ladies, like to ask, if never have spotting or bleeding before BT is it not normal? Chances to get pregnant is it slim? :(Only got backaches, fatigue n lower tummy pain at times.
Me too.. No spotting or bleeding.. Just cramp here and there especially at night.. BT on thur.. Can't wait..

Hi all. I did my ET on 25 Sept. Im having like menses is coming kind of cramps the past few days. Hoping that its implantation cramp. My AF is about 10 days away. BT is on next tuesday.

Anyone on their 2ww period too?

Last edited:
Hi I’m also done with my 2nd IVF fresh cycle. Gg for BT next fri. Praying hard hopefully this time round it will be successful.

Baby dust to you too
I just can’t stop thinking about all of these symptoms. Sometimes i will just google. I’ve been having back pain, cramps n difficulty sleeping in the night

Hi
Has anyone had the experience of detecting cysts during the first scan and proceeded with the fresh cycle?
This took me by surprise ystd but doc said still ok to proceed.
Thanks for sharing your experience!

I went out n even went for an hr plus of walk

Hello! I just had my consultation this week and will be starting my second fresh at kkh in oct. feeling all pumped up and can’t wait for October to come.. Any of you is also scheduled for October cycle? :)

I think im schedule for October coz im still taking the induce medicine for menses to come. Will end next tues

Hi all, I don’t know if this the correct thread. But i hope someone could help me clarify some things.

i am 23yrs old and i prev had a miscarriage earlier this May. Have been ttc ever since then but no luck. Went to fertility clinic, was diagnosed with low ovarian reserve of AMH 11.2 pmol/l. Prescribed DHEA 75mg per day with vit D.

was just wondering anyone who had the same AMH level as me and managed to conceive naturally?
Thanks in adv!

From my chatgroup it seem that the date haven’t finalized yet, rumors is around October . Cos my chatmate said dr Tan told her he will do the transfer for her at October before leaving. Another of my chatmate which also under dr Tan said she will follow him to mount e as her edd is at December. From what I know his notice period is 3 months so we assume that he tendered around July.
Hi , can add me in the chat group also? I have pm u. Thks!

Back