5 yrs IVF journey ended with a twins

Dear Tinymomo,

I am looking for someone who can help me.
I need someone to donate help eggs to me.
I suffer from pre mature menopause and every passing year I just drown myself in misery and tears. Doctor says I need an egg donor that is without a doubt.

Do you have some friends or you are willing to donate eggs from your reserve cycle?
Congrats on your bundle of joy :)

Rachel

egg donation isn't allowed in Sg. how do u intend to do?

donation is a process that the donor has to go through... not sure how tedious that is... i've heard need to harvest eggs and go through some jabs etc...

hi, am starting this thread to share more on my child seeking journey.
I've did most , if not, all of what every couple has done.

My boy/girl twins is 1 month old now :)
Hi. I just found out that I am carrying twins. I am so curious to know about the labour charges. I tried google but all search is to singleton. Is the labour charges times two? I am planning to go private but then i also read that most multiple pregnancy will have to deliver via c-sect. Did you deliver to govt or private? Can you share with me a lil bit on the cost. Thank u.

Hi. I just found out that I am carrying twins. I am so curious to know about the labour charges. I tried google but all search is to singleton. Is the labour charges times two? I am planning to go private but then i also read that most multiple pregnancy will have to deliver via c-sect. Did you deliver to govt or private? Can you share with me a lil bit on the cost. Thank u.

I have twins too! They were delivered by Dr Paul Tseng whom I can’t recommend enough. He charges reasonably for a private gynae, and has great bedside manners. his clinic is always full but the wait time is average 20min. His c sec delivery cost is 8.5k.

He’s very pro natural for twins or even triplets. Going csec was a personal choice and he still offered me a chance for a natural birth when I was in active labour.

I have twins too! They were delivered by Dr Paul Tseng whom I can’t recommend enough. He charges reasonably for a private gynae, and has great bedside manners. his clinic is always full but the wait time is average 20min. His c sec delivery cost is 8.5k.

He’s very pro natural for twins or even triplets. Going csec was a personal choice and he still offered me a chance for a natural birth when I was in active labour.
Hi numbbb, which hospital did you deliver? Your twins must be soo lovely. How old are they now? And also at which week did you deliver? I read that for twins, 37 weeks is considered full term but i am not sure how true is that. How about doctor fees? If u dont mind, can you share the total cost for your delivery and how much was paid by cash and medisave. Thank you.

Did u guy's put 2 embryos? I will be doing my FET this Sep as my fresh transfer was cancelled... so me and hubby in dillema of transferring 1 or 2...

Did u guy's put 2 embryos? I will be doing my FET this Sep as my fresh transfer was cancelled... so me and hubby in dillema of transferring 1 or 2...
Hi JasjasQ18, i have 2 transferred in. Is both a blast? If yes, some docs might only recommend 1 to be transferred. Baby dust to you.

Hi JasjasQ18, i have 2 transferred in. Is both a blast? If yes, some docs might only recommend 1 to be transferred. Baby dust to you.
Im with dr Tan HH, i have failed 2 cycles already. This is the first time i got my blast embryos... cos i heard putting 2 may also effect implantation of the good embryos..

Discuss with your hubby. I had wanted to transfer 1 blast initially, but my hubby feels that to transfer 2 blasts so as to boost up the chances. So there and then at the ET room we just tell Dr Tan HH to transfer 2. After all, we have failed many cycles previously. But, be prepared the chances of having twins is very high and it's really not a bed of roses conceiving twins. From being pregnant to taking care of twins and the logistics issues. You do need more than a village to help out if you have twins. The only thing is that, you save on delivery fee, suffer labour and the post-partum recovery once, do confinement once, and the sleepless nights/breastfeeding journey once. :p

Discuss with your hubby. I had wanted to transfer 1 blast initially, but my hubby feels that to transfer 2 blasts so as to boost up the chances. So there and then at the ET room we just tell Dr Tan HH to transfer 2. After all, we have failed many cycles previously. But, be prepared the chances of having twins is very high and it's really not a bed of roses conceiving twins. From being pregnant to taking care of twins and the logistics issues. You do need more than a village to help out if you have twins. The only thing is that, you save on delivery fee, suffer labour and the post-partum recovery once, do confinement once, and the sleepless nights/breastfeeding journey once. :p
Yup having is not gonna be easy for sure cos u have to juggle alot of things, many changes have to be made.. hehe

I agree with u that hubby also take part on decision cos ultimately 2 of u will have to face consequences... i think for me im ready for anything cos i just want to have my own kid/s. Looks like my hubby have to decide now..

Bit im sure it will just the begginning, once the kids grow up it will he easier.. definitely have twins cannot go back to work. Haha

So your twins is a boy/girl?

hi, am starting this thread to share more on my child seeking journey.
I've did most , if not, all of what every couple has done.

My boy/girl twins is 1 month old now :)
Wow, its amazing! What are the things u do after the transfer?

How are u coping having twins?

Yup having is not gonna be easy for sure cos u have to juggle alot of things, many changes have to be made.. hehe

I agree with u that hubby also take part on decision cos ultimately 2 of u will have to face consequences... i think for me im ready for anything cos i just want to have my own kid/s. Looks like my hubby have to decide now..

Bit im sure it will just the begginning, once the kids grow up it will he easier.. definitely have twins cannot go back to work. Haha

So your twins is a boy/girl?

Yes, it’s a lot of changes having kids and more so with twins. A lot of sacrifices and there’s also a guilt whereby both also want your attention and it’s got to be shared between 2.

Well, I wouldn’t say that it gets better, just a different set of hurdles and challenges at different age. But I feel that the terrible 2 is the toughest, especially at 2.5yo (else won’t be called terrible 2 haha!). So much so that when I was back to see Dr Tan HH for a review several months back, I cried while confiding in him how having kids and twins is sooooo challenging. I even told him that all those jabs, acupuncture, the failed cycles are nothing compared to parenting.

I was on flexible work arrangement when the twins came along till 22 months before they went to cc. You can still go back to work provided you have reliable help and support at home, unless you prefer to be a SAHM.

We are very blessed to have boy-girl twins and they are 3yo now. Finally over the terrible 2 but facing threenager stage! :eek:

Im sure its a challenging journey to have twins. Now really make me think to transfer 2 or 1.. haha...

I salute all the mother of twins/more... im sure its not gonna be easy! But definitely a bundle of joy..

Im sure its a challenging journey to have twins. Now really make me think to transfer 2 or 1.. haha...

I salute all the mother of twins/more... im sure its not gonna be easy! But definitely a bundle of joy..

Well, come what may as even if you transfer 1, it may also split to be twins. Haha. Be it transfer 1 or 2, all the best and baby dusts to you!

Is it your first try and have twins? Do u stay away from cold food?

Nope. It was a long journey for me. I tried 7 IUI/SO-IUIs; 2 fresh cycles, 1 natural FET (ended with chemical preg) before succeeding on medicated FET. Yes, I stayed away from all cold food. Only when the cycles failed, I will indulge for that 1 week or so before I pick myself up to try again.

Nope. It was a long journey for me. I tried 7 IUI/SO-IUIs; 2 fresh cycles, 1 natural FET (ended with chemical preg) before succeeding on medicated FET. Yes, I stayed away from all cold food. Only when the cycles failed, I will indulge for that 1 week or so before I pick myself up to try again.
Its really long journey for you... i already failed 2 fresh cycle, 1 cancelled fresh and now starting my natural FET.

Its kinda hard to stay away from cold stuffs actually... any changes in your diet you made from your previous to your success?

Its really long journey for you... i already failed 2 fresh cycle, 1 cancelled fresh and now starting my natural FET.

Its kinda hard to stay away from cold stuffs actually... any changes in your diet you made from your previous to your success?

Hugs. You will get there eventually ok. don't give up. It's really a lot of perseverance to abstain from cold stuffs but do-able. Mind over body. I managed to retrieve the post which I shared on the main IVF thread which I did for my success cycle. You see if you are able to click and view the post. If not, I will copy and paste here coz it's pretty long.

https://singaporemotherhood.com/forum/threads/ivf-icsi-support-group.2902/page-4674#post-8313743

Hugs. You will get there eventually ok. don't give up. It's really a lot of perseverance to abstain from cold stuffs but do-able. Mind over body. I managed to retrieve the post which I shared on the main IVF thread which I did for my success cycle. You see if you are able to click and view the post. If not, I will copy and paste here coz it's pretty long.

https://singaporemotherhood.com/forum/threads/ivf-icsi-support-group.2902/page-4674#post-8313743
Thanks for sharing.. will try my best for this FET cycle! U transfer 2 blast?

Why? U have twins as well? Im going for my FET and was thinkingvog transferring 2blast

Cos it’s not easy taking of twins. N I understand how ttc ladies feel when they see this kind of post. So lucky to have twins n should not complain. But I would still share that even though they are cute n good to have companion, the journey is not easy. During preg there are complications like GD n risk of premature birth. After delivery u realised U do not have the freedom to just grab one baby n head out the door yourself without any help. U are stuck at home with two crying babies demanding attention n feeding every two hrs n if u are lucky they drink milk at the same timing. If not it’s 24 hrs around the clock feeding one after another. Many restaurant would not allow twin stroller to go in because they have no space. N comes the most impt part. Their love are divided. It’s not easy to give attention to both. U have to feed two, toilet train two, listen to both n educate them at the same time because they are of the same age. Even simple stuff like learning to walk u can only hold one n the other have to wait. Anyway it’s just me lah I am more emotional n it’s gets to me that I can’t focus on both at the same time.
So ya if I were to do it again I would have an age gap of at least one or two yrs apart. N I am surprised I rarely see post on twin mummies comment about the difficult learning curve n motherhood. What caught me off guard is when I brought baby home n the start of maternity leave. It dawn on me that why didn’t anyone say anything. Everyone was just saying how cute n they are good companion growing up. One time can close shop blah blah. N don’t get me wrong, I am not unhappy but just to share so that u can decide if u are up to it.

Last edited:

just noticed that you went to Dr Zhao as well. I'm also with her and see her twice a month during my TTC time :)

Thansk to you milogalgal88 & introvert521 for sharing your journey.. yah i believed having twins/multiple is not easy to juggle, i can understand. I will probably not think of putting 2 and i will just let my doctor decide for me. Hoping for the best...

I was on TCM as well on my 2nd Fresh cycle with accupuncture but turn out to be failed cycle, so me and hubby decided to just forget about it.

Thansk to you milogalgal88 & introvert521 for sharing your journey.. yah i believed having twins/multiple is not easy to juggle, i can understand. I will probably not think of putting 2 and i will just let my doctor decide for me. Hoping for the best...

I was on TCM as well on my 2nd Fresh cycle with accupuncture but turn out to be failed cycle, so me and hubby decided to just forget about it.
Haha mine is not twins nor ivf. Just wanted to share that i believe in tcm when we are TTC.

Jia you!

Haha mine is not twins nor ivf. Just wanted to share that i believe in tcm when we are TTC.

Jia you!

Yes! I strongly believe in TCM but gota be consistent with treatment. I recommended my fren to see Dr Zhao too and she had 10 sessions so far. Recently did her scan and seems like her polyps are gone. She feels it helps in her overall well-being. Anyways she's starting on her IVF cycle next month.

Hi numbbb, which hospital did you deliver? Your twins must be soo lovely. How old are they now? And also at which week did you deliver? I read that for twins, 37 weeks is considered full term but i am not sure how true is that. How about doctor fees? If u dont mind, can you share the total cost for your delivery and how much was paid by cash and medisave. Thank you.

Hi sorry!!

Haven’t logged into this forum for ages as you can imagine it’s quite hectic at home!

My twins are 29 weeks old now. I went into labour when they were 36+3, no nicu time. 2.6 and 2.4 kilo. Both considered good weights for twin pregnancy. My gynae aimed for above 36 weeks, above 2kilo.

Total delivery cost 19.5k including all 3 doctors fees. I delivered in mount e novena. This is a non scheduled c section by the way because they came 10 days before my scheduled date. So I was charged under “non elective csec”

I didn’t use medisave as my personal insurance covers the full delivery cost.

congratulations on your twins! may I know what personal insurance is this? I thought medical insurance doesn't cover delivery or pregnancy related costs?

congratulations on your twins! may I know what personal insurance is this? I thought medical insurance doesn't cover delivery or pregnancy related costs?

This is an insurance covered by overseas company called Tokio marine. Bupa (UK based) , Liberty (France based) covers maternity insurance which includes prenatal, delivery, complications cost.

This is an insurance covered by overseas company called Tokio marine. Bupa (UK based) , Liberty (France based) covers maternity insurance which includes prenatal, delivery, complications cost.
Do you buy it when you're pregnant and it starts cover immediately?

Hi! Don't mind will you be able to share How's the premium like for this policy?

Back