IUI/SO-IUI: Anyone?

Hihi....i m still in my cycle for SO...1st rd is IUI....i m nt using this brand....bt i super emo during my in

Hihi....i m still in my cycle for SO...1st rd is IUI....i m nt using this brand....bt i super emo during my injection week
Hihi....i m still in my cycle for SO...1st rd is IUI....i m nt using this brand....bt i super emo during my in

Hihi....i m still in my cycle for SO...1st rd is IUI....i m nt using this brand....bt i super emo during my injection week

Ir ya i also have emo aleays c

Update: I have just done my 3rd ultrasound and result is 1 of my follicle shrink about 1.5mm now waiting for my blood test result.. doctor say my headache is due to hormones changes... i very emo now...

Hi everyone,
Just started ttc but if not successful wanna go for iui. My doc said to go for so-iui. Really afraid of injections:(

Haven't met up w him yet. Is anyone able to share the process of iui or soiui from start to end and the tests/screening involved?

He only told me day 2 of period swing by his clinic for meds hahaha

Hello! For me, I'm currently undergoing IUI at NUH. So right from the start, once I went through all the tests (i.e. blood test, HSG), and hubby as well, was all okay, so doctor gave us two options - to try timed intercourse or IUI. Hubby and I didn't want to wait any longer, so we went straight to IUI. Basically, only 1 trigger jab involved for IUI when your follicle is of the right size, and really can't feel anything. I was afraid of it initially too, but once I got through with it, it was really a case of overly scaring myself haha. So you don't have to worry ;) On day 1 of your cycle, you'll call up the clinic to make an appointment for a day 12 scan to see how your follicles are growing. Your doctor will decide from there how often you'll need to go back for scans up until it's time to do the trigger. For my first cycle, I did my trigger shot between 5-8pm on a Tuesday, then I did my IUI procedure on a Thursday morning. So that's roughly the time between the trigger and the actual procedure. IUI procedure itself is painless and quick; I think I rested longer on the bed after the procedure than the time taken for the procedure.

Hello! For me, I'm currently undergoing IUI at NUH. So right from the start, once I went through all the tests (i.e. blood test, HSG), and hubby as well, was all okay, so doctor gave us two options - to try timed intercourse or IUI. Hubby and I didn't want to wait any longer, so we went straight to IUI. Basically, only 1 trigger jab involved for IUI when your follicle is of the right size, and really can't feel anything. I was afraid of it initially too, but once I got through with it, it was really a case of overly scaring myself haha. So you don't have to worry ;) On day 1 of your cycle, you'll call up the clinic to make an appointment for a day 12 scan to see how your follicles are growing. Your doctor will decide from there how often you'll need to go back for scans up until it's time to do the trigger. For my first cycle, I did my trigger shot between 5-8pm on a Tuesday, then I did my IUI procedure on a Thursday morning. So that's roughly the time between the trigger and the actual procedure. IUI procedure itself is painless and quick; I think I rested longer on the bed after the procedure than the time taken for the procedure.

Hey, thanks for the reply. Is yours an SO-IUI or IUI? We have done all the fertility tests. Given all clear. Doc said no need to rush and wait but planning to give ourselves some time. Did you have any side effects from the shots? I am planning to meet him last quarter of this year. Dont think he wanna meet me as well hahaha even though I am willing to pay for consultation and understand the entire process from him.

Hey, thanks for the reply. Is yours an SO-IUI or IUI? We have done all the fertility tests. Given all clear. Doc said no need to rush and wait but planning to give ourselves some time. Did you have any side effects from the shots? I am planning to meet him last quarter of this year. Dont think he wanna meet me as well hahaha even though I am willing to pay for consultation and understand the entire process from him.

Mine is IUI. I only had that one shot so far. Don't think I really experienced any side effects or anything out of the norm, just that for my subsequent cycle (my first IUI attempt failed), my follicles were developing slower than usual, but I don't think it has anything to do with the jab, maybe just stress haha. So I ovulated really late for the subsequent cycle (had to go for four scans this time round (only had to go for two scans the first time) to track the follicle development, but eventually didn't proceed with IUI because the ideal timing for the procedure was a Sunday ): so doc advised not to waste money). Yeap, if you guys are still young, and tests are all clear, still can take some time to try naturally first.

Mine is IUI. I only had that one shot so far. Don't think I really experienced any side effects or anything out of the norm, just that for my subsequent cycle (my first IUI attempt failed), my follicles were developing slower than usual, but I don't think it has anything to do with the jab, maybe just stress haha. So I ovulated really late for the subsequent cycle (had to go for four scans this time round (only had to go for two scans the first time) to track the follicle development, but eventually didn't proceed with IUI because the ideal timing for the procedure was a Sunday ): so doc advised not to waste money). Yeap, if you guys are still young, and tests are all clear, still can take some time to try naturally first.

2 more years to 35 not young anymore. always hear doc say still young but I'm like :(
Thanks for sharing. I will ask my doc. Pretty much firm up to go iui if no bfp in next couple of months.. also understand iui is not guaranteed success. Gotta keep hopes up! ;)

2 more years to 35 not young anymore. always hear doc say still young but I'm like :(
Thanks for sharing. I will ask my doc. Pretty much firm up to go iui if no bfp in next couple of months.. also understand iui is not guaranteed success. Gotta keep hopes up! ;)

Haha yeah, we're around the same age; my doc also says the same thing. No problem at all. All the best in your TTC journey!! :):)

Hi ladies

I’ve just returned 400 red eggs this morning to Zhu Sheng Niang Niang for blessing me a pair of twins. Spreading the baby dust!! Good luck!!

1) Shuang Lin Cheng Huang Miao (Siong Lim Temple, part of Lian Shan Shuang Lin Monastery)

184 Jalan Toa Payoh
Phone: 6259 5292
Opening hours: 8am – 5pm

2) Giok Hong Tian Temple (Yu Huang Dian)

495 Havelock Road
Phone: 6733 5727
Opening hours: 7am – 5pm

Hi "XJJ* how have you been? Hope all is smooth on your end. I'm done with 3 rounds of iui and sadly all didnt work out.

I'm going for IVF counselling now and will see how it goes.. it is scary to me and prof wong was a bit stern today so I'm a bit taken aback :(

Hi is post wash :)[/QUOTE]
No the doc didn’t give me any medication after the iui. By the way do u have any side effects after taking progesterone? Heard that it gives very bad headache and skin breakout (bcos it’s like an influx of hormones u get before u have ur period). Not sure if it’s true.

By the way, have also talked to a few friends who tried Iui and ivf, and I have decided to skip this month’s cycle of iui and go for ivf in the next cycle. So will just take a break go for the ivf counselling and all. Waiting For nuh call tomorrow to confirm.

Hi, I am going for SO-IUI briefing end of Aug in KKH. Does anyone know what is this briefing about? Can ask for MC for this briefing? Wanted to save some leaves, because need to always go back scan to see the follicles progress right... Also, is there any payment required for briefing? I forgotten to ask and hotline closed liao..hee..

Hi, am new here. I just done my 1st so-iui on Tuesday. Now on my TWW, still feeling bloated. I done my procedure on my CD10, which is pretty early. And last week went to do scanning, the doctor said my left ovary 20 and right ovary 8 on my CD7.. anyone know what is the size for egg to grow to fertilize?

Hi, am new here. I just done my 1st so-iui on Tuesday. Now on my TWW, still feeling bloated. I done my procedure on my CD10, which is pretty early. And last week went to do scanning, the doctor said my left ovary 20 and right ovary 8 on my CD7.. anyone know what is the size for egg to grow to fertilize?

I’m also on my TWW. And yes feeling bloated too. Had terrible cramps the day after iui. Probably cos of ovulation and the fact that I had 4 sizeable follicles before taking the hcg jab. I’m hating the weekends now. I have work to do but i’m in no mood to do so. I was told to test on my own by 2 Sep to see if it’s bpf or bpn then call the clinic for follow up. But 2 Sep is too far away....

Last edited:
I’m also on my TWW. And yes feeling bloated too. Had terrible cramps the day after iui. Probably cos of ovulation and the fact that I had 4 sizeable follicles before taking the hcg jab. I’m hating the weekends now. I have work to do but i’m in no mood to do so. I was told to test on my own by 2 Sep to see if it’s bpf or bpn then call the clinic for follow up. But 2 Sep is too far away....

Hihi

Im also on tww. I had my iui on 6/8. I ovulated on the day i did my iui. My scan show ovulating.. im also vexed now. Now 11dpo, sore boobs now. Cramping also.

Good luck. At least your wait is almost over.

But kinda stress... last few times doc gimme pregnancy test kits to test at home. “+” then call him. But tis time he wan me to go n do a pregnancy blood test at his clinic.
I dont feel like. I dun wanna hear a “-“ answer at the clinic.

Hi all, can I join the support group too?

I'm 36 this year. My hubby and I had finished all the tests at KKH- blood test, u/s, HSG , sperm test and were planning to start first round SO/IUI this mth, but unfortunately I fell and broke my kneecap in May. My physio and bone doc said it'll take about 6 mth to fully recover, so we are scheduling IUI right after that, in Nov this yr.

May I know do you take time off from work for IUI and the monitoring , MC or annual leave? How do you inform your boss? I ran out of MC and HL cos of my knee injury. Thinking of how to take leave for this is so stressful esp cos I just came back to work from knee injury HL, but I feel I'm already turning 37 next March, if don't put myself first ahead of company I'll regret next time??

All the best to all here in your TTC

I’m 39 this year. Doing this as once last chance at having my own baby.

Took me a long time to decide on having a child given that this world is not exactly in the most perfect shape now and it’s kinda selfish for me to bring a life into the kinda shit we are going through with climate change, crazy world leaders and all.

Get ur body in good condition first before iui, I say.

Take good care and recover from your knee injury first.

Just wanna ask to find out if this is normal....

I din track my basal temperature but usually my normal body temperature is around 36.5deg C. Recently, I keep heating up n sweating a lot. My current temperature is 37.3deg C. I’m not down with any flu or cough.

Today is 5dpo for me.

Just wanna ask to find out if this is normal....

I din track my basal temperature but usually my normal body temperature is around 36.5deg C. Recently, I keep heating up n sweating a lot. My current temperature is 37.3deg C. I’m not down with any flu or cough.

Today is 5dpo for me.

Aft O ur temperature will hit up all the way till ur menses come. So is normal..
If menses is delay n ur temp is still high means u might be pregnant

Today went for pregnancy blood test.. negative..
Quite disheartening..
Think gotta accept that is not meant to be mine...
Just kinda of no hope

It’s quite a mental torture, ya?
Please take care of yourself.
So long as menopause hasn’t hit, there’s still a chance.

Ya really a mental torture.
Im 40yo alrdy.. also dunno when menopause will hit

It’s very hard. But I guess we can only take one step at a time.

I kinda gave up counting how many days i’m into this 2ww. Trying to lower my expectations so that I can survive the disappointment when it does come. Need to protect my sanity somehow.

Trying to spend my free time on something else apart from worrying and thinking about all these. Not sure if it’s sustainable though.

Let’s keep our spirits up!

10dpiui 9dpo

Found a box or old expired test strips. Decided to just go ahead and test.

BFN!

Gonna continue waiting...

Attachments

• B98762ED-8812-4866-AEF1-4B69442C0F45.jpeg
    B98762ED-8812-4866-AEF1-4B69442C0F45.jpeg
    154.5 KB · Views: 243
Anyone knows if IUI is done on the day of LH surge or 24 hours after that?

My CD7 follicle size measured at 13,10,9 (R) and a 10 on the left...

My next scan is on CD10 and estimated IUI is CD12...been taking gonal F jabs CD7-CD9

Somehow, I feel like ill be ovulating earlier and my OPK shows "high fertility" today...quite scared i might miss the ovulation before IUI...

Anyone knows if IUI is done on the day of LH surge or 24 hours after that?

My CD7 follicle size measured at 13,10,9 (R) and a 10 on the left...

My next scan is on CD10 and estimated IUI is CD12...been taking gonal F jabs CD7-CD9

Somehow, I feel like ill be ovulating earlier and my OPK shows "high fertility" today...quite scared i might miss the ovulation before IUI...

IUI is done 24 hours after the LH surge.
I'm doing mine at KKH. So example today you have a surge/ positive ovulation, they will need you to go down for scan+jab (trigger shot) then next day IUI procedure.
But for us, we requested for trigger shot and procedure done on the same day because we will be away. Not ideal but try lor. Now tww...

Hi all

Anyone doing IUI at private clinic? Planning for first IUI this month. Our gynae / fertility doc are from private but we are thinking of looking at KK / NUH options as well, cos no idea how long this journey will be... Understand that IUI treatments not claimable for private clinic.

Also for IUI do they inseminate once per cycle? Or can be more than once? TIA!

Hi all,

Doctor prescribe me Letrozole 2.5mg last Friday. Because I have irregular menses, she also gave me medicine to induce my menses for this month. Anyone succeed to become pregnant after taking Letrrozole. Actually, I was given a choice to go for IUI or naturally. And since doctor say, there's nothing wrong with me and my husband, we opt for natural and she too suggested that we go for natural birth.

Anyone?

im new here and previously my doc prescribe Letrozole 2.5mg to regulate the menses and hope to get pregnant. but this is my 5th month and still nothing. Now weighing should i do IUI or straight to IVF. previously i went to KKH under subside and the doctor mention that gov say hv to try IUI and failed before try IVF. but after i ask around. i didnt find that is the case. so somebody suggest me to go KKH, i will be seeing Dr. Yu su ling in oct. and see what she will say.

I m still not ready for ivf. Was thinking if I wanna go for ivf may be next yr.

I tried 7 IUI/SO-IUI and didn’t succeed coz I wasn’t ready and was scared of IVF procedure then. But if I could turn back the clock, I would have gone straight to IVF instead of spending all my time and money on IUI. Of coz, there are success cases with IUI but my advice is, if you have already failed several cycles of IUI, just go straight to IVF coz our bio clock is also ticking as time goes by. Plus, IVF may not guarantee you a 1st strike and that takes time as well.

How was your result?

My SO-IUI doesn’t work this time round.
Have to wait for a month to see doctor at KK hospital.

Mine din work too. I’m taking a break to exercise and eat well. Gonna do ivf in November. No point wasting time on iui. Cos i’m pretty old and have low egg reserve

IUI is done 24 hours after the LH surge.
I'm doing mine at KKH. So example today you have a surge/ positive ovulation, they will need you to go down for scan+jab (trigger shot) then next day IUI procedure.
But for us, we requested for trigger shot and procedure done on the same day because we will be away. Not ideal but try lor. Now tww...
Oh okay..so somehow my CB OPK showed a positive on sunday (i suspect the digital reader is a little inaccurate) but doctor said it didnt look like there was a LH surge until Monday. So IUI was on Tuesday, followed by HCG shot post IUI..

Hi ladies! New to this thread :)
I had a m/c in Feb last year @ 14 weeks due to infection. Been trying since but no news despite us both having no known issues.
After doing my fertility checks, only showed im borderline stressed (of course!), but otherwise all good. Didnt intend to get hubby to check cos confirm stress. Haha.
Dr TC Chang suggested we try for a bit more or consider IUI. 3 months after his suggestion, we decided to go with IUI last month. That cycle didnt work, cos i didnt react to clomid so ovulation was late.
This cycle, he upped my dosage for clomid to 150mg. On cd14 tuesday, we saw 2 follicles of great sizes in my right ovary and 10.1mm endometrial thickness. So took a trigger shot in the evening.
Today was the day of IUI! Did the sperm wash in the morn, and IUI 2 hrs later. Dr says hubby’s sperm swim fast enough n sperm count great. Except that morphology low.. but doesnt mean cant conceive.
Taking it lightly the entire day since.. trying to remain positive but scared of stressing my uterus out! Fingers crossed..

I was on leave...and no one knows apart from my husband...just requires 1 day leave / MC (which the clinic can provide)
Hi Anonymousjane, urs is the normal IUI?
I will be going for SO-IUI, and kkh said have to keep going back to scan follicles..day2 need to go take the injection n stuff so that subsequent days i can inject myself, then after that like still need to go for 2 times scanning, and the actual IUI procedure. So I was thinking it looks like every few days need to take MC/leave.

I will be going for SO-IUI, and kkh said have to keep going back to scan follicles..day2 need to go take the injection n stuff so that subsequent days i can inject myself, then after that like still need to go for 2 times scanning, and the actual IUI procedure. So I was thinking it looks like every few days need to take MC/leave.
Hi,

My experience with KKH - You hv to call KKH on your Day 1 and then drop by the clinic (should be in the morning) on Day 2. So, this is the 1st visit where they will teach you how to inject yourself. U can inject yourself from Day 3 to Day 5 and report to KKH in the morning to scan follicle. If the follicle can still grow, they will inject for you on Day 6 at the clinic. Then they gave me instructions to look out for whether I got ovulation on Sat/Sun and then what I shd do. I went to the clinic on Mon, having not ovulated over the weekend. When i tested the ovulation on Mon, it shows that Im close to ovulation and my follicles are big enough so I did the SOIUI on the same day in the afternoon. So total, I went for 3 times. I think if u ovulate later then u need to go more times.

Hihi, do you all bosses know about u trying IUI/SO IUI? And how did you all plan for your leave or MC?

I told my boss about it cos i wanted to take leave on day of IUI and it’s v dependent on my progress, so it wld be v last min. I only took morning leave since it was a half a day thing. My scans were all scheduled for lunch hour so it was all good :)

Hi,

My experience with KKH - You hv to call KKH on your Day 1 and then drop by the clinic (should be in the morning) on Day 2. So, this is the 1st visit where they will teach you how to inject yourself. U can inject yourself from Day 3 to Day 5 and report to KKH in the morning to scan follicle. If the follicle can still grow, they will inject for you on Day 6 at the clinic. Then they gave me instructions to look out for whether I got ovulation on Sat/Sun and then what I shd do. I went to the clinic on Mon, having not ovulated over the weekend. When i tested the ovulation on Mon, it shows that Im close to ovulation and my follicles are big enough so I did the SOIUI on the same day in the afternoon. So total, I went for 3 times. I think if u ovulate later then u need to go more times.
I see! So I guess it depends on individual progress..I usually O on cd11-14.

Mine was SO IUI, 5 days of clomid, 6 gonal F jabs, 3 scans, 1 trigger shot, actual IUI.

Only took 1 day leave, rest are just appointments. I did it privately at Mt Elizabeth. I usually go in at 7.30am and then directly to office rest of the time, I do the jabs myself (not painful)

Hello everyone!

I’m new to this forum. I am going for my first IUI procedure in the following weeks, with my first TOO scan next week. I am with Dr Chow at NUH. My hubby and I have been trying for the last two years and since we are both in our mid thirties, we have decided to go for fertility test at NUH. It turned out that we have an unexplained infertility(?). Dr Chow has advised us to try for normal IUI first. I am pretty clueless as to how it works since none of my relatives or friends ever need to undergo such procedure (lucky them!). Hence, I stumbled across this forum page which looks to be very informative and I really like how everyone is providing moral support to one another.

Has anyone ever gone IUI procedure recently at NUH with Dr Chow? He doesn’t prescribe me any supplements and instead, just tell me to take folic acid and chlomid regularly.

Hi,

Hi,

U do at KKH is under private or subsidy?
Mine is so different, i went to do SOIUI last month and they only check 1 time of my follicle and scheduled me to do the procedure on 2 days later. They didn’t even check on my ovulation when was it. So strange!

Hi,

Mine is so different, i went to do SOIUI last month and they only check 1 time of my follicle and scheduled me to do the procedure on 2 days later. They didn’t even check on my ovulation when was it. So strange!
Perhaps the day they did the scan you were almost going to ovulate or the follicle size was good enough...

Hi,

Hi, mine is under private but I dont think the procedure will differ if you are private or subsidised...

But I agree that they should scan first. Ensure u are going to ovulate, then do SOIUI. Actually, it is hard to be very accurate. They did my IUI on Mon afternn. Think I only ovulated on the following day in the afternn. They may be afraid that they will miss the ovulation.

What are your sizes for the follicles? Or maybe they r of good sizes already so dont need to scan?

Hi, mine is under private but I dont think the procedure will differ if you are private or subsidised...

But I agree that they should scan first. Ensure u are going to ovulate, then do SOIUI. Actually, it is hard to be very accurate. They did my IUI on Mon afternn. Think I only ovulated on the following day in the afternn. They may be afraid that they will miss the ovulation.

What are your sizes for the follicles? Or maybe they r of good sizes already so dont need to scan?
Usually IUI procedure is done the next day after LH Surge is detected / a trigger shot is given.

Hi everyone :) baby dust to all.....for those going through IUI don't worry it's a really quick and painless process really like a PAP smear might be uncomfortable but not painful...also depends on doctor i guess....my doctor is quite skilled in these..- the only downside is the possible multiple scans to monitor your follicle size and when you've ovulated...I went through 2 rounds of SO-IUI in 2016 and succeeded on the 2nd try + conceived my boy early 2017...now trying for #2 ....and trying to go down the IUI route too as my issue is anovulation- I have super irregular periods and don't even know when / if i'm ever ovulating which makes it almost impossible to try natural?
( how to BD every night? LOL) ...at first whilst going through the IUI i was also lost and had alot of 'what ifs'....but the 2nd time i did it ( I just lost my job , was retrenched even before the IUI cycle.. :( ) , I just let go of everything and left it to God ....and it worked!...now im going through this again -full of apprehension as I do not know what will happen ...( i just failed my first IUI cycle a few days back- i was just googling all my symptons during the 2ww and my AF came on 16DPIUI sighss.....this brought me back to 2016 during that time of 'unknown'...so i told myself ( easier said than done) ...to let go of things not within my control and let God .....
One difference between the cycles now and in 2016 when trying for my first child- was that the Dr is afraid that i'll get too overstimulated via the Puregon jabs so he lowered the doses for me...( afraid more than 1 -2 follicles will mature and have to abort IUI cycle due to risk of multiples)-so the first 'round' i felt like a guinea pig haha i was given clomind / puregon jab and jab on alternate days....on D4,6,8,10 ( 75mg) then went for scan on D10...Follicle still too small so was asked to jab on D11, 12 ( another 75mg then 100mg) still too small on D15 scan , Dr asked if i wanna abort this cycle or continue to try to jab more 'doses' , since I've already invested so much time with the jabbing..i discussed with hubby and he also agreed that we should proceed...then jab again from D15-D18.(75mg again)..( at that point the follicle grew only 1 though), so D19 finally received the go ahead - D20 afternoon Trigger Shot and as D21 was Sunday did IUI on D22 morning.....This experience was totally different from my SO-IUI's in 2016...where i jabbed daily from D2-6...together with clomid ...
Was wondering if anyone here has had similar experience?
As much as I would not really like the risk of multiples too, I'm wondering if his approach is too conservative? cos technically more follicles more chances rte? but Yeah im also aware of cases where all the follicles get fertilized...
He also told me if after 3 IUI cycles ...we might have to consider other options like IVF...( which im honestly apprehensive about so still so undecided- and if IVF prob need to go govt cos private will be too ex already :( )

Back