IVF 2019

Haha no worries, I know you are also concerned for me :) maybe I did not explain myself clearly. Was thinking since it seems scary and from what I read, not very useful, I don't think I'll try that unless doctor recommends. :) wish us all the best!

I have a different school of thoughts. After ttc-ing for a couple of years, I think it’s important we help ourselves by exploring various methods/treatments/protocol and discuss with your doctor. More like, we can be more aggressive than being passive especially our reproductive organs are racing against time. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not asking you to challenge the doc ah haha! But it’s good to have an open discussion with your doc and explore the possibilities that may boost up your chances. For me, my bottom-line is as long as it’s not anything invasive (e.g. surgery unless absolutely necessary), I will go for it. And like what I always say, don’t read too much into things. What doesn’t work for others might work for you. Jiayou!

Just finished first IVF appointment with dr jerry Chan at kkh, he has arranged for the ivf center to call and make a schedule for ivf next week. So what role will dr jerry chan play during this ivf procedure? Or will there be a doctor taking over the egg extraction and everything?

Ivf center has called me, and we will be going for my briefing with kkh ivf center next Wednesday 4/9.

I forget to ask them on the next available day for the whole ivf procedure. My next menses is scheduled for late sept, will I be able to do my injection by then? Or I have to join the queue and wait for another 2-3 month?

Did you succeed after that?

Dr jerry Chan saw polyps and say no issue

There is no guarantee of success with or without polyps but it would be good to start the cycle without.
Ivf center has called me, and we will be going for my briefing with kkh ivf center next Wednesday 4/9.

I forget to ask them on the next available day for the whole ivf procedure. My next menses is scheduled for late sept, will I be able to do my injection by then? Or I have to join the queue and wait for another 2-3 month?

You can check with the KK Nurses during your briefing next Wednesday. For me, they slot me in during my upcoming menses after the briefing.

Last edited:
It is usually done before your ivf stim starts. If your menstrual cycle is usually 28 days and you will be on a short protocol, it would be on day 21. Ideally, your af comes as per your normal cycle and you start your ivf stim.

If you will be on a long protocol, I think the clinic will do the scratch for you and start your downregulation. Then wait for your af to arrive and start your ivf stim.

To be honest, I also had failed cycles after getting an endometrial scratch. While there is no study to support its effectiveness, I did all I could to enhance my chances to get pregnant and it was a no-regret move that I made.

I encourage you to discuss with your doctor. Do it if you are comfortable. Otherwise, don't.
Ok thank you for sharing! I’ll ask my doc again if need to do before the next cycle :)

Hi, can I ask, on the day of vagina scan(after first day mense), do we need to sign any documents? The cpf is deducting from my hb, does he need to go n sign? Any other documents to bring? How long the process for scan till collect jab?

Hi, can I ask, on the day of vagina scan(after first day mense), do we need to sign any documents? The cpf is deducting from my hb, does he need to go n sign? Any other documents to bring? How long the process for scan till collect jab?

Yes, your hubby need to be present to sign the CPF deduction form. They need a copy of the marriage cert and NRIC. I collected the stimulated jabs on the 1st day.

Likely you won't feel anything during the eggs retrieval process as you will be under GA sedated. However, you might feel the ache/bloatedness for a couple of days after.
Okay babe.... So after ur egg retrival. Like how many days they will arrange for the procedure again?

My doctor jerry said measuring basal temperature is an unreliable method to predict ovulation. Some don’t get rise in basal temperature even when they have ovulated

I went for my BT yesterday and it’s negative. Wow I very sian sia. This is my 3 try but 1st FET. Starting to wonder if something is wrong with my womb. Sigh. Need to wait another 2 or 3 month before starting again. Omg my heart and my wallet.

I went for my BT yesterday and it’s negative. Wow I very sian sia. This is my 3 try but 1st FET. Starting to wonder if something is wrong with my womb. Sigh. Need to wait another 2 or 3 month before starting again. Omg my heart and my wallet.
Sure very sian when u received the call like tat! Been through it 2times as well! Im on my 3rd try to do FET in September... fresh co-fund used up! :(

Did u transfer blast and how many embryo/s?

Hihi I am new here, Considering whether I want to go KKH or Virtus Fertility to have IVF? If go Virtus whether still have the government subsides amount? (The government gives grants of 75% or up to $7700 for SG couples, 55% or up to $5700 for SG-PR couples, and 35% up to $3600 for SG/Non-resident couples.)

Besides that, if consider do ivf in kkh under subsides patients, can I know whether is it still possible to have Dr Tan HH as one of the team since that many good comment on him?

Hihi I am new here, Considering whether I want to go KKH or Virtus Fertility to have IVF? If go Virtus whether still have the government subsides amount? (The government gives grants of 75% or up to $7700 for SG couples, 55% or up to $5700 for SG-PR couples, and 35% up to $3600 for SG/Non-resident couples.)

Besides that, if consider do ivf in kkh under subsides patients, can I know whether is it still possible to have Dr Tan HH as one of the team since that many good comment on him?

For Private Clinics, there will not be any Government Grant but I believe you can still use the Medisave to cover some of the expense. If you doing IVF under KKH as subsidize patients, you will not be able to choose your Doc and you will be assigned one (won't be Dr Tan HH).

Reactions: lyk

Firstly if u go virtus fertility, u don’t entitle Govt cofunding as it is under private clinic but u can use Medisave. Only kkh/Nuh/sgh can use Govt co-funding.

Secondly if u go kkh under subsidies, u won’t be able to choose doctor, it will assigned to u randomly (see different doc each time) unless u choose private then u would able to choose doctor of your choice.

Thirdly dr Tan hh is leaving kkh to go private, dun think u are in time to start under him unless u wanna see him at mount E which his clinic dun hv Govt grant but u still can use Medisave only

Last edited:
Reactions: lyk
Firstly if u go virtus fertility, u don’t entitle Govt cofunding as it is under private clinic but u can use Medisave. Only kkh/Nuh/sgh can use Govt co-funding.

Secondly if u go kkh under subsidies, u won’t be able to choose doctor, it will assigned to u randomly (see different doc each time) unless u choose private then u would able to choose doctor of your choice.

Thirdly dr Tan hh is leaving kkh to go private, dun think u are in time to start under him unless u wanna see him at mount E which his clinic dun hv Govt grant but u still can use Medisave only

I'm doing at sgh and they told me for sgh it's all counted as private patient. No subsidise case. You mean for kkh got subsidised rate?

I'm doing at sgh and they told me for sgh it's all counted as private patient. No subsidise case. You mean for kkh got subsidised rate?

For mine at Nuh , I’m under subsidies (no fixed doc). Consultation fee last time is only $35 while private is $100 plus depend how senior is the consultant, can range till $170. I’m not sure what the rate at kkh (I suppose is the same?)

Once ivf start (for subsidies) they are lump into package so I only pay for the whole ivf package I used maximum dosage for medicine so total like $16k before subsidies and Medisave.

Dr Tan HH said he is leaving to Mount E?
Did he say any date?

Dr Tan HH said he is leaving to Mount E?
Did he say any date?

From my chatgroup it seem that the date haven’t finalized yet, rumors is around October . Cos my chatmate said dr Tan told her he will do the transfer for her at October before leaving. Another of my chatmate which also under dr Tan said she will follow him to mount e as her edd is at December. From what I know his notice period is 3 months so we assume that he tendered around July.

Last edited:
For mine at Nuh , I’m under subsidies (no fixed doc). Consultation fee last time is only $35 while private is $100 plus depend how senior is the consultant, can range till $170. I’m not sure what the rate at kkh (I suppose is the same?)

Once ivf start (for subsidies) they are lump into package so I only pay for the whole ivf package I used maximum dosage for medicine so total like $16k before subsidies and Medisave.

Icic. So meaning the subsidise rate only for consultation right. The ivf process and tests are all fixed price. Haha no wonder I paid $140+ for consultation.. cos I chose doctor Yu. Haha

From my chatgroup it seem that the date haven’t finalized yet, rumors is around October . Cos my chatmate said dr Tan told her he will do the transfer for her at October before leaving. Another of my chatmate which also under dr Tan said she will follow him to mount e as her edd is at December. From what I know his notice period is 3 months so we assume that he tendered around July.
Omg really?! After this round of failed ivf, kkh scheduled for my next consultation with him in October! Oh dear, I very much like him and I left 1 frozen egg at kkh. Oh dear....

Hi, can I check for the 2nd day menses scan, for the jab, is it first 5days one jab, 5th to 8th day 2 jabs? Only in morning only?
Babe, why don't you check with your Dr. Probably going to differ based on individual.

I suppose you're referring to jabs for ER. I was on gonal 250, 1 jab day2-7. Meds changed only after scan on day8

Hey ladies, failed my fresh cycle last month. This month just ttc normally while waiting for my next consultation.

Today is DPO11, on DPO9 I had light pink spots (but dark enough to see on the tissue) when I wipe after peeing. It just happened that one time. Till now there isn’t any spotting.

Could it be IB? But if its IB, only spot once? Hoping to have some advise or anyone to share your experience.

Hello everyone I am new here. I start on all the jabs on 8 Aug and ER on 21 Aug.. Can't do fresh ET cause Dr worry tt I have ohss..
Can I check if anyone of you do ET after the menses come (for me tt will be the Sept cycle) or wait for 1 cycle in between (tt will be the Oct cycle then)..

Hello everyone I am new here. I start on all the jabs on 8 Aug and ER on 21 Aug.. Can't do fresh ET cause Dr worry tt I have ohss..
Can I check if anyone of you do ET after the menses come (for me tt will be the Sept cycle) or wait for 1 cycle in between (tt will be the Oct cycle then)..
I ER on Apr, ET on May due to ohss

As long as dr said okay, I follow.

Anyone experienced medicated FET? Can share your protocol? :)
Hello - meds start from day 3. 3 types in total, oral, patch and insert. Scan on day10. Added one more insert (progesterone) and transfer on day 16. Dr did mention usually 2 scans day 10&14 and transfer usually day 19/20 but mine was brought fwd as lining ok and he had to travel.

Need help.. kkh just called and said my appt with tan hh will have to be postpone till another month. I waited for a month to see him which is coming Monday.. suddenly they called and say postpone another 1 month just like that.. Feel so irresponsible and helpless..

Thinking if I should change doctor? If Tan hh is leaving on 1 nov... im wouldn’t make it on time for the second cycle..... how? Should I change doc? Who should I change to now? ):

Back