IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi guys, did anyone ever test BFN @ 7dp5dt but then get a positive few days later? I read some ladies do get faint positive @ 7dp5dt.. i know it’s kinda early to test...it feels like am i doomed

I discussed with him on auto immune disease before and he told me there are so many diff kinds that’s it’s almost impossible to test all. He did pick a few test for me and that’s how I know my thyroid antibody is high. I did my nk cells test with endocrine dr and the result is fine. He explained that there is no harm doing intralipid n it’s not expensive. So I go ahead with it. I have bfn n bfp with intralipid. Every chance to up the percentage just take it.

Hi! Haha I remember his words, “if your NK cells level is elevated, you go for intralipid infusion; if its not elevated, the immunologist would still refer you for intralipid infusion. So why check?”

In fact, the NK cell level using a blood test is not reflective of actual NK cell activity within the uterus.
Since intralipid infusion is relatively harmless and simple, he would usually recommend for his patients with recurrent implantation failure.

Dr Loh is someone who is very sensible in his decision making and dislikes wasting his patient’s money unnecessarily.

Thank you for sharing! I met him yesterday and no need to measure the cells level so we're going for the intralipid this cycle!
He's so funny though! Bahaha. May consider going to him for next cycle.

Hi

I got a bfp finally, blood test if reaches over 600 hcg, what is the passing average ?

Congrats babe!!!!! Yay!!!!!!
KKH I think they say 250 then it’s a pregnancy they’ll congratulate for (safer, below that they’re sometimes concerned it’s not stable... or might be chemical pregnancy.... so ur very good... mine was bout 700 too this time. Next is they’ll do the scan at WK 5+ or WK 6 to make sure there’s the sac and subsequently the fetal pole and heartbeat.... exciting times my dear....: congrats!!! Only the best in ur new journey!! Enjoy!

KKH I think they say 250 then it’s a pregnancy they’ll congratulate for (safer, below that they’re sometimes concerned it’s not stable... or might be chemical pregnancy.... so ur very good... mine was bout 700 too this time. Next is they’ll do the scan at WK 5+ or WK 6 to make sure there’s the sac and subsequently the fetal pole and heartbeat.... exciting times my dear....: congrats!!! Only the best in ur new journey!! Enjoy!
Hi Angel1080,
Congrats to you too, i cant believe i had finally succeeded, Thanks for replying me....lets look forward to the U/S review and mine is on 28/7 end July, take plenty of rest and stay hydrated !!!

Hi Everyone,
Here to spread some hope and good news!
After 5 fresh and 3 FET cycles with THH, and 4 miscarriages... we are 14 weeks today!
To all those still in the game, don’t give up!
Thanks to all sisters here for your presence, tips, encouragement and positive thoughts.
Hi MichNg
Wow congrats!! I haven't been onto the forum for so long, but really happy for you!! It's a long wait (we have waited so long since a few years back).. All the best to your pregnancy and take good care of yourself and the LO!

Hi MichNg
Wow congrats!! I haven't been onto the forum for so long, but really happy for you!! It's a long wait (we have waited so long since a few years back).. All the best to your pregnancy and take good care of yourself and the LO!

Hi @finesse9702 many thanks!

It is a long and difficult journey indeed so we need all the positivity we can get!

Congratulations!!!

Hi,
I admire the positivity in this chat group here. Actually I failed my first FET in June this year. However, I am still quite heartbroken n despair over the loss of two very good embryos from my first FET. And even broke into tears when I just went back to tcm after 1 month plus of break (didn't really expect that I will break down like this). I probably felt that I had 2 very good embryos and lining OK too, but why still failed?
May I seek advice on how to pick myself up for next FET? Wanted to go for next FET in few months time, but my heart is still very heavy and painful.
Thanks.

Hi,
I admire the positivity in this chat group here. Actually I failed my first FET in June this year. However, I am still quite heartbroken n despair over the loss of two very good embryos from my first FET. And even broke into tears when I just went back to tcm after 1 month plus of break (didn't really expect that I will break down like this). I probably felt that I had 2 very good embryos and lining OK too, but why still failed?
May I seek advice on how to pick myself up for next FET? Wanted to go for next FET in few months time, but my heart is still very heavy and painful.
Thanks.
Hi najnaj,
Sorry to hear your encounter, pls give yourself some time to rest body and mind first, it is not easy journey, pls give some time for a short break and review the next step and plan with ur doc, change of medicines/protocols...diet and exercise is good for your body too... keep trying... dont give up... cheers..

Hi,
Thanks.

Hugs, feel your pain.
I cried many times, smallest things can set me off. Take some time to come to terms with the disappointment and sadness. Don’t try to rush it as grieving is natural.
We are here for you.

Hi,
Thanks.

Hi Najnaj,

I too had a difficult journey, I just posted a few months back to seek advice here on what to do next because mine were all blastocysts, lining was always good but they never implanted.

Finally after my second Fresh cycle, I finally BFP with the frozen cycle cause even my 2nd fresh cycle didn’t work out. I always believed that perhaps it’s just not the right one to be implanted?

I watched my diet more, stopped drinking sweet drinks, cut down on my caffeine and started to exercise more. When doing my second cycle, I was still heartbroken after my failed attempts but I knew I have to continue trying in order to succeed.

It’s okay, take your time to grief and move forward stronger!

Hi, has anyone here had any luck with EmbryoGen?

I had OR done yesterday by Prof Yu at SGH. 10 eggs collected with oocyte activation.

Day 1 - Out of 10 eggs, 7 ICSI’ed, 4 fertilized. Quality yet to be determined.

I’m 38, had 2 cancelled ETs previously at KKIVF due to poor fertilization. I’m a nervous wreck. Praying that my 4 eggs will develop well and hopefully we would have a transfer this time.

Hi najnaj,
Sorry to hear your encounter, pls give yourself some time to rest body and mind first, it is not easy journey, pls give some time for a short break and review the next step and plan with ur doc, change of medicines/protocols...diet and exercise is good for your body too... keep trying... dont give up... cheers..

Hi eggscatcher ! Thanks for your encouragement. I nv really had time to exercise last time, n now start to make efforts to go yoga 2x a week. In terms of diet, I think I have been quite diligent (no caffeine /alcohol, avoid cooling stuff, have red date drink etc). Mental stress is difficult to manage, sometimes can't help to get flashback of the unhappy or difficult days. How to manage it better? I definitely do not hope to breakdown at my next FET too.

Last edited:
Hugs, feel your pain.
I cried many times, smallest things can set me off. Take some time to come to terms with the disappointment and sadness. Don’t try to rush it as grieving is natural.
We are here for you.
Hi MichNg,
Thanks for your sharing. Yes, I didn't expect I m still feeling d pain n breakdown even after a month plus. But I just can't help to, when my tcm told me that she also don't understand why it can't succeed, as I had transferred 2 very good blastocysts n lining is ok. It should succeed. I definitely do not want breakdown for my next FET.
Thanks for your encouragement. I will try n learn to b positive.

Last edited:
Hi Najnaj,

I too had a difficult journey, I just posted a few months back to seek advice here on what to do next because mine were all blastocysts, lining was always good but they never implanted.

Finally after my second Fresh cycle, I finally BFP with the frozen cycle cause even my 2nd fresh cycle didn’t work out. I always believed that perhaps it’s just not the right one to be implanted?

I watched my diet more, stopped drinking sweet drinks, cut down on my caffeine and started to exercise more. When doing my second cycle, I was still heartbroken after my failed attempts but I knew I have to continue trying in order to succeed.

It’s okay, take your time to grief and move forward stronger!

Hi Reen15,
Thanks for sharing your experience with me.
Yes, I felt quite lost n miserable, dunno what's more I should try further. I used to stay positive (though worried at times) during my past IUI/IVF. But after failing the first FET, I felt so painful n hurting.
Yup I will have to stay strong for the next try. Started taking yoga to mediate my mood n build up Health. Can I ask how u manage the 2ww? I m juggling btw work n ivf. My boss even suggested me to go back work after taking few days of rest, instead of taking full 2 weeks.

Hi MichNg,
Thanks for your sharing. Yes, I didn't expect I m still feeling d pain n breakdown even after a month plus. But I just can't help to, when my tcm told me that she also don't understand why it can't succeed, as I had transferred 2 very good blastocysts n lining is ok. It should succeed. I definitely do not want breakdown for my next FET.
Thanks for your encouragement. I will try n learn to b positive.

I went to tcm for 2 years and throughout it she keep telling me there’s no reason why I couldn’t conceive naturally. During that 2 years I also did 2 ivf fresh cycles, one mc at 9weeks, one failed. I also had similar results before and after I went tcm.
It’s not a clear science, no one can tell you why completely.
Take the positives from your attempts - you were able to produce healthy eggs, healthy blasts, good lining. You are trying to keep your body as healthy as possible. You are not giving up. Take positives from your life now too.
Try not to dwell on the possibility of breakdown because it’s not wrong. Even if it happens, let it happen as you cannot force yourself to be different.
Have faith!

Hi,
Thanks.

Hey babe, don’t beat yourself over something which no one can control. I guess many ladies here whom have failed and tried multiple times (including myself) knows that IVF is not just about a journey of perseverance, but it’s really a matter of luck. What you are feeling is very normal as for every cycle, we will place our hopes high hoping to get that BFP but the result turns out otherwise.

It’s ok to feel depressed but realistically speaking, don’t take too long coz as a matter of fact, our bio clock is also ticking; and it’s easy to lose momentum once you take a break for too long. Indulge in a good meal, go for a short getaway, have a good cry if you need to and come back stronger. Do some research on how you can boost up your chances e.g. seeking alternative treatments, changing protocol, go for acupuncture or pray etc. No point harping on past failure. As long as you have done your best, the rest is really beyond our control. Big hugs to you and don’t give up!

Hey babe, don’t beat yourself over something which no one can control. I guess many ladies here whom have failed and tried multiple times (including myself) knows that IVF is not just about a journey of perseverance, but it’s really a matter of luck. What you are feeling is very normal as for every cycle, we will place our hopes high hoping to get that BFP but the result turns out otherwise.

It’s ok to feel depressed but realistically speaking, don’t take too long coz as a matter of fact, our bio clock is also ticking; and it’s easy to lose momentum once you take a break for too long. Indulge in a good meal, go for a short getaway, have a good cry if you need to and come back stronger. Do some research on how you can boost up your chances e.g. seeking alternative treatments, changing protocol, go for acupuncture or pray etc. No point harping on past failure. As long as you have done your best, the rest is really beyond our control. Big hugs to you and don’t give up!

Hi milogal88,
Thanks for the encouragement n support. I will try to stay positive n hopefully will reach there real soon. :)
Doc is suggesting to do endoscratch next round. Protocol should more or less still b the same, gg for medicated fet.
Thanks.

Has anyone been bleeding with clots in early pregnancy and baby was still ok?
My hcg was 970 on 12dp5dt, 2770 on 14dt5pt, heartbeat detected on 22dp5dt or 5w 4days, fetus was 2,2 mm. Everything looked perfect, we even thought it’s twins. But on 24dp5dt(6weeks) I started to bleed, right away went to A&E nuh, luckily queue was only 1h, gynae did ultrasound and there was heartbeat and fetus 4,4 mm, she call to Prof Wong. When I came home bleeding was even heavier and passed one large plum size cloth. It was last Saturday. Now don’t know what to think, I’m still preggy or miscarried, my next scan only on 6th August. Shall I just wait for 6th and continue eat that huge number of hormone pills plus medication of Dr Sheila Vasoo or try to call to CHR and ask them to reschedule my scan for this week?
I feel so lost and lonely, my hubby is on business trip, don’t know what to do.

Has anyone been bleeding with clots in early pregnancy and baby was still ok?
My hcg was 970 on 12dp5dt, 2770 on 14dt5pt, heartbeat detected on 22dp5dt or 5w 4days, fetus was 2,2 mm. Everything looked perfect, we even thought it’s twins. But on 24dp5dt(6weeks) I started to bleed, right away went to A&E nuh, luckily queue was only 1h, gynae did ultrasound and there was heartbeat and fetus 4,4 mm, she call to Prof Wong. When I came home bleeding was even heavier and passed one large plum size cloth. It was last Saturday. Now don’t know what to think, I’m still preggy or miscarried, my next scan only on 6th August. Shall I just wait for 6th and continue eat that huge number of hormone pills plus medication of Dr Sheila Vasoo or try to call to CHR and ask them to reschedule my scan for this week?
I feel so lost and lonely, my hubby is on business trip, don’t know what to do.

Hi dear, bleeding in early pregnancy is very common, but please rest as much as you can.
I would go down to see Prof Wong as early as possible. You can walk in to clinic early as first case and let his nurse know that you are bleeding so Prof can see you early.

What medicine are you on from Dr Sheila? If you are on aspirin or clexane you might need to hold those off.

Hi dear, bleeding in early pregnancy is very common, but please rest as much as you can.
I would go down to see Prof Wong as early as possible. You can walk in to clinic early as first case and let his nurse know that you are bleeding so Prof can see you early.

What medicine are you on from Dr Sheila? If you are on aspirin or clexane you might need to hold those off.
Bleeding was os Saturday from 5pm to 9pm, heavily with clots. After that no more, no spotting. Prof isn’t around till Monday. Don’t know if I can say to nuh that i am not bleeding anymore, but can you check if I’m still preggy.

Bleeding was os Saturday from 5pm to 9pm, heavily with clots. After that no more, no spotting. Prof isn’t around till Monday. Don’t know if I can say to nuh that i am not bleeding anymore, but can you check if I’m still preggy.

Hey dear I hope all is well with you. Great that the bleeding had stopped.... hopefully it was from implantation or something normal.... like @joy12 said... it’s true apparently many mummies-to-be face some form of bleeding at diff Phases of their pregnancy.. some I heard even throughout.. but If you did have such a big clot and bled so much I think you should go in and get it checked..... at least that’s what I would do.... coz even if it’s nothing, the wondering and worrying is not good for both you and the lil one really... I know coz I worry all the time for the smallest of things coz I’ve had a couple of MC before, so the fear is there #thestruggleisreal... I also realised the more I stressed or worried about work or the baby, I’d start bleeding again.... but that’s me, so I’ve been seeing my doc more often and lately even almost every week sometimes for my peace of mind.... works for me. hang in there and hoping for the best for u n the lil rainbow.... ️ you’re not alone.....

Last edited:

Yes of cos you can do that, bleeding in early pregnancy warrants an early review. if Prof is not around then someone else should be allocated to see you.

Did ED give you duphaston or any other progesterone in the meantime?

Really such a relief! By the way how do they know the large clot is the second sac?
A&E Gynae pointed on the second sac on scan, small size, pict wasn’t clear, but there was something. Before that 2 days ago fetal care didn’t see the second sac. Today Dr said the clot was that sac. That explains high hcg level with singleton, looks like implanted both.

I am going to do my 1st ivf cycle this mth. Menses late for 4 days and finally came today but it is scanty. I did not manage to catch the ovulation 2 weeks back and im wondering if i did not ovulate. I have low amh of 0.7 am 37 this year. Im trying for no. 2. DH has 2% morphology. No. 1 was naturally conceived.

Now im not sure if i want to start the 1st ivf or wait for another month. My menses has always been very accurate and the flow has reduced since after 1st pregnancy but nvr so scanty. My DH thinks that its impossible for me to stop ovulating so suddenly after knowing that i have low amh.

Should i call kkh hotline?

Hi ladies, i encounter a sharp pain during middle of night and had some spotting when i go for toilet breaks, after that it become light bleeding and spotting on off when i go toilet like a string of blood, is this normal?
Waited at nuh a&e 2hrs, but no gynae so we left, gg to private clinic...

Hi ladies, i encounter a sharp pain during middle of night and had some spotting when i go for toilet breaks, after that it become light bleeding and spotting on off when i go toilet like a string of blood, is this normal?

Bleeding is not normal but can happen. Hope nothing serious. Ask for support jab

How are you now? Everything should be good.
About NUH A&E, they said gynae isn’t coming go home or waiting time was too long? Are you with NUH or JB?

How far along are you now? Hope everything is fine..: rest well

How are you now? Everything should be good.
About NUH A&E, they said gynae isn’t coming go home or waiting time was too long? Are you with NUH or JB?
I am fine after taken medicines and rest from thomson med clinic after waited in nuh for 2 hrs,
Bleeding stopped and found some small clots, but the scan say reflected the flickering heartbeat so is alright now...

Back