IVF 2019

I was always adamant to have a female gynae even when I was single and saw gynae for regular stuff.... the thought of a man staring at my va-j-j was just unfathomable... but in the last year, the amount of times I’ve had to (don’t mean to sound crude) Open My Legs, for males to check me there....... I’ve also grown to realise it’s true........ Male gynaes are much more gentle.... just in my opinion
You can consider Dr Goh Shen Li from mount A. She’s Super gentle and a very cautious gynae. :) Always ready to answer questions and attend to emergencies.

BFN for a fresh cycle in Jun, planning to do FET in Sep. any recommendations for supplements to take?
My IVF doc recommended CoQ10. Must continue to take folic acid.

I also tried to keep my womb warm. No liangteng. Had chicken soup twice a week, red date longan drink twice a week (must finish before dinner, if not will cause heatiness).

Good luck to u

Just an update that I had my negative result on Monday. :( Period just started and the flow and pain is crazy as it goes on and off.

Guess it's FET next!

Just an update that I had my negative result on Monday. :( Period just started and the flow and pain is crazy as it goes on and off.

Guess it's FET next!

Take care gal. Continue to take folic acid and if u can, get coQ10 daily before your FET starts.

My BT is tomorrow. Can’t wait to get back to work.

Hi all I'm new here. And am also going to start my ivf process soon. Is there any WhatsApp support group for me to join? Please pm me. Would like some advise from you ladies! Thank you and good luck to all!

Eh... is for pregnancy or ivf? But u really have alot of choices. Haha. Dont choose new doctor? Choose some experience doctor? So you opt out a few already. Haha.. actually I want to try out prof PC wong. But due to his semi retirement.. really make me worry haven get the chance to see him. He retire already. Haha .
My advise, don’t go with Prof PC Wong. He is frequently on leave. I did one egg retrieval and 2 transfers, none by him as he was always on leave. Another friend of mine also under Prof Wong, delayed their procedures many times in order to have Prof Wong carry out their procedures.

I didn’t break..l. It’s not that fast because you still got to wait for yr next menses to come to officially start. And after that menses you are put on contraceptives for 2 weeks. And then when ur next menses arrive, you start progesterone pills. And after that clears then they can do the transfer. This is for medicated fet.

Hi friends,

Anyone who will be starting IVF in the next menses in KKH? Need some support here, is my first time and I am very nervous about it...

Ahhh... I just cant decide which hospital to go. People recommend me nuh for prof PC wong. And kkh for dr sadhana. Today kkh called me said if go thru polyclinic need about 5weeks. If go thru private will take about 1 week to see dr sadhana. I just worry about what if halfway prof PC wong retired before I done everything. Haha.. I can't make up my mind. Lol

Recommended Dr Sadhana. I think she is head of KKIVF clinic. She is quite patient to explain everything if we ask. Thanks to her our boy is 3+ mo now. And my wife colleague sister also see Dr Sadhana and they success as well...

Hi. I'm new here. Just had my very first consultation at SGH. Doctor scheduled another day for scan (2-4 days during menses) and a counselling session. I forgot to ask if after the scan, will my ivf will start straight away, so fast? Or not this cycle? Because my husband will be on overseas work trip during my ovulation period. I'm not sure how this works. And I have not signed any form for consent or govt grant yet?

Really appreciate if any of u have some advise for me. Thanks thanks.

Hi,
my husband had to go for work trip when I did my ivf with KKH.
I told them on my first day of scan and they arranged for the sperm collection and made a reservation for the sperm storage.
Suggest that you give SGH a call and alert them. The nurse will have to do internal checks.

Hi everyone

Im a new member here who is considering for IVF treatment. Appreciate if you can share on IVF procedures and pain levels? Is it painful or mild? Im just worried about the pain. Did research and understand there’s 3 different procedures throughout the treatment.

Hi anyone going through ivf right now?
Im On my 2nd cycle right now. My 1st cycle was successful, my girl is now 11 month old.. i just went for retrieval just now.. collected 5 & im feeling really nervous!! Mix feelings..

Was the egg retrieval painful? Were you sedated or under anaesthesia?

Hi, I have a tube (new) of Estradiol gel
upload_2019-7-26_17-31-22.png

and Progynova 2mg (more than half sheet left) to bless.

Please pm me if you need.

Was the egg retrieval painful? Were you sedated or under anaesthesia?

It’s sedation but it really depends on how your body reacts to the meds really....
I know of friends who were semi-awake during the procedure though they didn’t feel pretty much anything, but like for myself I was out cold before anything till they had to wake me up in recovery..... even then I was so sleepy and slept some more haha... as for the pain... first time was bad... painful in the lower abdomen and like so bloated feeling like abdomen gonna burst.. second time was not at all as bloated or painful but unfortunately I was bleeding so they decided to keep me there for 2 days ...... having said that.... it’s all worth it when u get your BFP..... stay positive and most importantly you have to keep the faith and believe everything happens for a reason. Defn easier said then done most of us here would know having tried for years and had our fair share of grief and loss in our own ways..... but have to keep the faith...
oh yes defn try to drink pomegranate juice... fresh if possible.... my Husband swears by it....
2ww try to not go to work Nor work from home..... just focus or relaxing, no stress and being happy. Don’t have to be in bed all the way but defn don’t expose yourself to situations that stress scare or anger you.. my gynae said something that made me really choose him.... he said when there’s no clear medical issues and still difficulty in conceiving my advice is, pregnancy is not really a science , it’s a state of mind.... the mummy should be on a happy and good state of mind no stress, eat health and one very very key factor for early pregnancy is SLEEP.... when you sleep well, baby keeps growing .... this gives the baby a much higher fighting chance to make it through.... so at night esp min 7hrs of good sleep....

Just thought I’d share....

Last edited:
It’s sedation but it really depends on how your body reacts to the meds really....
I know of friends who were semi-awake during the procedure though they didn’t feel pretty much anything, but like for myself I was out cold before anything till they had to wake me up in recovery..... even then I was so sleepy and slept some more haha... as for the pain... first time was bad... painful in the lower abdomen and like so bloated feeling like abdomen gonna burst.. second time was not at all as bloated or painful but unfortunately I was bleeding so they decided to keep me there for 2 days ...... having said that.... it’s all worth it when u get your BFP..... stay positive and most importantly you have to keep the faith and believe everything happens for a reason. Defn easier said then done most of us here would know having tried for years and had our fair share of grief and loss in our own ways..... but have to keep the faith...
oh yes defn try to drink pomegranate juice... fresh if possible.... my Husband swears by it....
2ww try to not go to work Nor work from home..... just focus or relaxing, no stress and being happy. Don’t have to be in bed all the way but defn don’t expose yourself to situations that stress scare or anger you.. my gynae said something that made me really choose him.... he said when there’s no clear medical issues and still difficulty in conceiving my advice is, pregnancy is not really a science , it’s a state of mind.... the mummy should be on a happy and good state of mind no stress, eat health and one very very key factor for early pregnancy is SLEEP.... when you sleep well, baby keeps growing .... this gives the baby a much higher fighting chance to make it through.... so at night esp min 7hrs of good sleep....

Just thought I’d share....

Thank you for sharing dear. Yes, hopefully we are strong to go through this. My worry is just the pain during egg retrieval cos understand frm SGH i will not be put to sleep completely

My IVF doc recommended CoQ10. Must continue to take folic acid.

I also tried to keep my womb warm. No liangteng. Had chicken soup twice a week, red date longan drink twice a week (must finish before dinner, if not will cause heatiness).

Good luck to u

Thanks! Bought the coq10 from iherb! Super fast delivery, ordered on 18jul, received on 23jul! Just wondering what is the benefit of coq10? Also, I keep thinking if I should go for TCM?

Attachments

• DAEF7E0A-A6F7-46CC-A9E5-32B4725BC9DF.png
    DAEF7E0A-A6F7-46CC-A9E5-32B4725BC9DF.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 234
Thanks! Bought the coq10 from iherb! Super fast delivery, ordered on 18jul, received on 23jul! Just wondering what is the benefit of coq10? Also, I keep thinking if I should go for TCM?
I also been drinking coq10 ubiquinol after my failed cycle last march. So now im starting my journey again for my 3rd cycle and praying all this supplement will support me this time.

I did go for TCM 2nd cycle but it dis not work for me... but i believe every woman have different outcome.

Just wondering if we can still continue to drink all this supplements during our stimulation.

I’m still taking CoQ10 once daily after ER, ET and my BFP.
Wow... tats good news...

For the last 3months taking 400mg daily, and now taking 600mg during the stims. Is that ok?

How many mg u taking? After ER maybe i will lower the dosage to once daily @150mg a day..

Wow... tats good news...

For the last 3months taking 400mg daily, and now taking 600mg during the stims. Is that ok?

How many mg u taking? After ER maybe i will lower the dosage to once daily @150mg a day..

Sorry dear I cannot advise much. I take 1 cap daily for about 4 months already. 200mg.

Best to ask your doc. Keep your womb warm after ER and ET. I bed-rested for most of the time about 5 days right after my ET. There’s no logic but I believe good rest is important.

Baby dust to you and all the ladies out there!
Thank you for your advice.. praying tat this will be my success..

Baby dust to all ladies here....

hello, im a newbie here. hope Im writing on a correct forum...

i'm now on CD11, scheduled for IVF at KKH this cycle...on puregon 250iu for already 6 days. Went to vagina scan this morning and theres like 10 follicles ranging 7 to 12mm, still quite small eh? So dr advised me 2 more days of puregon and I will come back for scanning on Wednesday.

Is there anyone also responding slowly with puregon ? (I was supposed to do IUI last 2 months, but responded super slow to puregon, hence the IUI is cancelled anyways) :(

Now im pretty nervous. feels like..... "what next?"

hello, im a newbie here. hope Im writing on a correct forum...

i'm now on CD11, scheduled for IVF at KKH this cycle...on puregon 250iu for already 6 days. Went to vagina scan this morning and theres like 10 follicles ranging 7 to 12mm, still quite small eh? So dr advised me 2 more days of puregon and I will come back for scanning on Wednesday.

Is there anyone also responding slowly with puregon ? (I was supposed to do IUI last 2 months, but responded super slow to puregon, hence the IUI is cancelled anyways) :(

Now im pretty nervous. feels like..... "what next?"
Means ur on day6 stimulation, right?

Im also doing my cycle now, during my scan on day5 stim my biggest is only 10.5mm and smallest 6mm... so i think ur #'s still ok based on day6.

But i dont know if this can call slow...

Today is my day8 stim i only got 1big follicle @16mm and the rest range @ 7-14mm, doctor said they are growing ok. But, still have to jab until wed.

Maybe u should wait until ur next scan again and do not worry to much...

Means ur on day6 stimulation, right?

Im also doing my cycle now, during my scan on day5 stim my biggest is only 10.5mm and smallest 6mm... so i think ur #'s still ok based on day6.

But i dont know if this can call slow...

Today is my day8 stim i only got 1big follicle @16mm and the rest range @ 7-14mm, doctor said they are growing ok. But, still have to jab until wed.

Maybe u should wait until ur next scan again and do not worry to much...

ah yes. day 11 of my cycle and day 6 of stim... yeah anxiously waiting for this Wednesday :) all the best to you yeah

Anyone taken norE tablets before commencing ivf? Feeling moody and depressed... wonder if anyone felt the same?

HI, yes i took to "reschedule my menses". Yes i felt moody and i could still remember that on one occasion, i yelled at my colleague on a minor incident. I felt bad and apologised the next day. i couldnt control my emotions. After the incident, i become more aware and i go for toilet breaks to walk out of the mood.

anyone is still purchasing ARP insurance even is no longer mandatory? and if yes, how we apply for it? still via KKH or Great Eastern ourselves?

Thanks

Back