To-do after failed IVF

Tammyisup

Hi everyone, need some advise here.

My husband and I Trying to conceive then realised that I hv endometriosis. Long story short, I did a keyhole surgery in Feb'19 and did a frozen embryo transfer in May'19. But the results is negative.

I'm have no idea what to do after the failed ivf. My fail discussion with Dr only going to happen next week.

I'm thinking of tcm and the fertility massage that I saw in some group, but I'm not sure if I should wait and recover for some period before starting any treatment.

Please feel free to share!

My husband and I Trying to conceive then realised that I hv endometriosis. Long story short, I did a keyhole surgery in Feb'19 and did a frozen embryo transfer in May'19. But the results is negative.

I'm have no idea what to do after the failed ivf. My fail discussion with Dr only going to happen next week.

I'm thinking of tcm and the fertility massage that I saw in some group, but I'm not sure if I should wait and recover for some period before starting any treatment.

Well, you need to take a break first before going for fertility massage.
I too had failed iui and ivf... thereafter, I took a short break and went for the 90 days 'course' thereafter, and managed to get pregnant after that.
Below are the methods I tried, but it may not work for all though.

1) Healthy diet that is nutritionally balanced (ie: brocolli, berries, dark keaves vege, tumeric, salmon, ginger) Avoid food like: processed food, trans fats, soda, caffeine.

2) take prenatal multivitamin or antioxidant. Look for vitamins made from 100% whole food as opposed to synthetic multivitamins.

3) reduce stress. Taking walk and enjoy nature.. indulge in bubble bath...

4) improve blood flow n oxygenation.Drink at least 8 (8oz.) glasses of water everyday. Exercise regularly—walking, running, hiking, fertility yoga and so forth. Get fertility massage.

5) balance out your hormones. Eat fertility food like maca. Regular sex (also improve blood flow).

Hi Lynn Lynn, I have endo too - stage 4 endo. One of things I did to prep for ivf was definitely to change my diet to “control” my endo as I read endo causes major inflammation in the body.. so I cut out foods that causes inflammation and also ate supplements that helped to reduce inflammation in the body as well.

If the pressure and stress of IVF has gotten to you, it is ok to take a break and let your body rest. Change your diet, do gentle exercise and go through a new IVF cycle once you feel much better!

Diet and lifestyle definitely needs to be changed. When I was diagnosed PCOS, doctors in the US were telling me that even if I do IUI and IVF, the chances of success is very low. I have a high toxin load in my body and most of us are like that due to the food we eat and the lifestyle we have. I’ve done a lot these 2 years and with my recent scan, my PCOS improved very significantly and that was why I decided to go for my first SO-IUI (my doctor says chances are higher and only cost a little more so just go for SO-IUI directly). However, my husband also has low sperm motility (5.7 million post wash but we only need that magical 1 sperm). I am guessing it could have been worse as he has a very stressful job and is 40 but he was taking some vitamins like Zinc, Vit C and B Complex so I think that helps.

However, I’ll still proceed with IVF if my SO-IUI fails as my husband is 40 and we don’t want to keep trying for too long. I am 31 (32 in 2020) and eggs quality and quantity will definitely drop (AMH is 27.9 now which very optimal) in the next few years so I don’t wanna waste time.

Back