IVF/ICSI Support Group

Usually THE 2nd line will show up the moment after you peed and the line must be dark in colour.
If it's too long, yes, it could be an evaporation line.
Suggest you get a ClearBlue.

Don't use clearblue, blue dye HPKs are very prone to evaporation lines. Get a pink dye one like first response early result.

Don't use clearblue, blue dye HPKs are very prone to evaporation lines. Get a pink dye one like first response early result.

Why not use the Clearblue Digital.
No need to freak over the lines. furthermore more it also indicates the no. Of weeks based on our hcg levels.
So this test kit is a short term monitoring kit prior the first blood test.

Why not use the Clearblue Digital.
No need to freak over the lines. furthermore more it also indicates the no. Of weeks based on our hcg levels.
So this test kit is a short term monitoring kit prior the first blood test.

Repeating the test using the traditional lines can help you monitor whether your HCG is increasing - you should see it darkening as you repeat it. Also, pink dyes never fade so you can keep it as a keepsake.

Hi, Today is my 10dpt2dt, i have 2 grade 4 embryos transferred.... I'm actually experiencing heartburn and have been vomiting since yesterday night. I'm having alot of cramps. Has anyone experienced this before... This is my first IVF.. I'm under Dr THH....

Hi, Today is my 10dpt2dt, i have 2 grade 4 embryos transferred.... I'm actually experiencing heartburn and have been vomiting since yesterday night. I'm having alot of cramps. Has anyone experienced this before... This is my first IVF.. I'm under Dr THH....

I think your pregnant!! Omg so excited for you!!!! Stay rested..... when’s your BT

Hello,

Just did my ER
In my previous cycles, the number of follicles shown on ultrasound is the same as number of eggs retrieved.
But this time round, I had 13 follicles shown on the scan but only 8 were retrieved.
Anyone has the same experiences or is this possibe? I was kinda upset and discouraged after the ER.
I am with KKH, so I don't get to speak to the doctor after the procedure and he is a covering doctor too.

Thank you.

Hello,

Just did my ER
In my previous cycles, the number of follicles shown on ultrasound is the same as number of eggs retrieved.
But this time round, I had 13 follicles shown on the scan but only 8 were retrieved.
Anyone has the same experiences or is this possibe? I was kinda upset and discouraged after the ER.
I am with KKH, so I don't get to speak to the doctor after the procedure and he is a covering doctor too.

Thank you.

I can think of 2 possibilities:

1) some follicles are empty hence no eggs retrieved. Cos immature follicles will not have usable eggs
2) Doctor not skilled enough (which I doubt so)

Hello,

Just did my ER

Thank you.
Most Impt is the quality. The last ivf I did only 3 eggs retrieved out of 4 follicles.. And only 2 fertilized and 1 bfp... So don't be discouraged by the count...

Hello,

Just did my ER

Thank you.
How many previous cycles have you gone through? It's actually not common for number of mature eggs to be the same as number of follicles. Not all follicles contain eggs, not all eggs will be mature. It could be age also, as you age your ovarian reserves will drop too.

Hello,

Just did my ER

Thank you.

Yup I had less eggs retrieved than follicles scanned. It’s really about the quality of eggs. 8 sounds like a real good number. More important for these to turn into 8 fertilized embryos. So don’t fret k, maybe you won’t need so many if the first one strikes! Keep positive babe!

Hi,
New here. Would like to seek advice on how to improve and increase chances for FET. What should I do/not do during 2ww or prior to FET? How long should I wait to proceed with next FET, if failed 1st FET?
Had first FET with two day 5 blastocyst (v good grade), 9mm lining on four days before FET. Was given crisone gel and estrofem during 2ww for support. Also had acupuncture on FET day and 2d after. Doc attributed it to luck issue. As I m having endometriosis, doc recommended me to take mercilon (birth control pills) meanwhile prior to next FET, as it minimise the growth of endometriosis.
Anyone encountered?
:( :(

Hello all...

Feeling very depressed now.

It seems that my follicles did not grow.

Last Friday, on the right side, it is 7.5,5,4 and on the left side is 11.5,8,5

Monday which is today, on the right side it is 16.5,8,4 and left side is 11,9,5.

The difference in the size of the follicles is quite huge. Between 16.5 and 11cm.

I am so afraid that the cycle may be cancelled. Already in my 2nd fresh. No frozen as Low AMH.

If this cycle did not proceed to ER, can we ask that this cycle to exclude from Govt co fund and use our own cash?

Hi! Did you proceed with ER in the end? What was the dosage given for this cycle?

Yay!!!!! Congrats!!! Woooohoooooo..... when’s your scan? Mine’s on thursday. The wait is excruciating! ...... oh and how’re your symptoms? I hardly have :(
I'm going to kkh to collect my prescriptions and my appt date...I have been puking out since last week Tues...I cant eat anything much...

Hi all, my first time posting here. 36yo.

I'm looking to do IVF with SGH and have just called them to schedule my TCS. However the earliest date the doctor is available is on day 11 of my cycle and when i asked the nurse what if i'm ovulating that day she said the doctor will ask me to go home if that's the case. I'm just curious, won't i be taking a risk if i go through this with them on day 11? What if i ovulate on day 12 and based on the FAQ sheet, TCS patient should only have intercourse 24-48 hours after the procedure.

Anyone has gone through a similar situation or can share their advise? Should i still just go ahead or wait for another chance next month?

I'm looking to do IVF with SGH and have just called them to schedule my TCS. However the earliest date the doctor is available is on day 11 of my cycle and when i asked the nurse what if i'm ovulating that day she said the doctor will ask me to go home if that's the case. I'm just curious, won't i be taking a risk if i go through this with them on day 11? What if i ovulate on day 12 and based on the FAQ sheet, TCS patient should only have intercourse 24-48 hours after the procedure.

Anyone has gone through a similar situation or can share their advise? Should i still just go ahead or wait for another chance next month?

I think if you intend to conceive the same month as TCS, best time is at least a week prior to your ovulation (i.e CD5 / 6 max?) There’s actually a higher chance of conceiving that month since the injected solution helps to “clear” the tubes (not applicable to blocked tubes).

Having said that, it’s not advisable to do so close to your ovulation. TCS will cause bad cramps (irritation due to the passing of the solution) and spotting (i.e thus, thinning the lining). Even if you do not need to abstain, don’t think you would be in a mood to baby dance due to the cramping!

Maybe you can postpone the TCS to another month?

Had my first scan today.... they saw a sac, but no fetal pole and heartbeat found.... have to go back for another scan next week.... anybody had this before?

Hello Ladies
I will be doing my Fresh 5th Day transfer this saturday. Feeling quite anxious. Is there anything I can do before the transfer and after the transfer? Like as in any foods that I should eat more. Would like to hear your input. Thank you!

Hi Everyone,
Here to spread some hope and good news!
After 5 fresh and 3 FET cycles with THH, and 4 miscarriages... we are 14 weeks today!
To all those still in the game, don’t give up!
Thanks to all sisters here for your presence, tips, encouragement and positive thoughts.

Hi, what is ur dosage like for your final cycle? Do you have Low amh?

Thanks for the support.... doc said I’m at 5.5 weeks..... anyone knows how to count how far along we are - for ivf I assume it’s diff then natural conception
What day after transfer? If 21 day, it’s too early to see fetus, if 28-30 then there should be fetus.

Back